Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2021] Formula 1

That will not change anything IMO, I think than more time is passes than more it is becomes clear that it was more a race incident than anything else! So nothing will change... Red Bull and Max should accept the fact that if you drive aggressive that things like that can happen. Max was lucky many times this year that Lewis stepped back in so many situations, but this time he was not. Keep racing and continue fighting on the track, its far more interesting than fighting off the frack and hoping for some penalties... 

Think RB may just be playing mind games here, cause Lewis to think twice next time, and game is won….

Interesting article about a nearly the same situation with Stroll and Max but Max inside like Lewis. RB Argumentation was inside is inside. Even Max said that Stroll is a stupid Mongo.

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel-1/news/praezedenzfall-was-die-mongo-affaere-mit-dem-crash-in-silverstone-zu-tun-hat-21072804

--

AM

--

AM

Aldo, not really comparable. Max was probably two wheels further forward into the turn and didn’t wash wide. Don't get me wrong, I think the LH/Max crash was a racing incident, but it did also involve Lewis washing wide in the turn. 

996FourEss:

Aldo, not really comparable. Max was probably two wheels further forward into the turn and didn’t wash wide. Don't get me wrong, I think the LH/Max crash was a racing incident, but it did also involve Lewis washing wide in the turn. 

Absolutely my opinion - it was a racing incident with probably more fault on Lewis side.

I have just posted this things to show that a similar incident with RB being inside was from RB pov crystal clear a fault of the outside guy. Now, RB tells us that it is crystal clear thw fault of the inside guy.

--

AM

ALDO:
    996FourEss:

Absolutely my opinion - it was a racing incident with probably more fault on Lewis side.

I have just posted this things to show that a similar incident with RB being inside was from RB pov crystal clear a fault of the outside guy. Now, RB tells us that it is crystal clear thw fault of the inside guy.

More like Max is never at fault. He is always right. Everyone else on the grid needed to make room for him🤷🏻‍♂️

--

For some, they would think Red Bull did that on purpose, for others, it's just that, wrong timing, they just happened to head out at the same time and Red Bull has the garage in front. 

Surely Red Bull as a team is much more mature than doing little things like that...........

Well maybe not, seeing what stye are still doing 

--

Worst Q3 I ever saw. What a disgrace.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Red Bull shenanigans backfired.

101th pole for Lewis Hamilton.

LH's out lap for his second Q3 run was only 3s slower than the out lap for his first Q3 lap.

No one other than Grosjean (on Twitter) seems to think there is anything to it.

LH go slow for final run in Q3 was a little unsporting, no. Clearly blocked Perez. Not sure why RB let out their drivers after him though.

Unsporting is right.

Well.  That was convenient.  

GJ Mercedes heartmail

996FourEss:

LH go slow for final run in Q3 was a little unsporting, no. Clearly blocked Perez. Not sure why RB let out their drivers after him though.

And the RBs could have pass on track to go ahead. No rules against passing a slowing car on qualifying. 🤷🏻‍♂️ They do that all the time at every race.

RBs stayed behind just because they wanted to have a tow. 

--

What a start to the race. Pure chaos!

--

Max vs MSC

Mercedes doing a good job now. LH gained 2 positions.

What a battle between Hamilton and Alonso. Hard racing but no one go bargy bargy trying to take someone out. They have respect for each other.

This race is why I love wet races, anything can happed.

And well done to Ocon and Alpine. This season is heart racing, we have another different team winning. And another driver winning his first race! 

Could Mercedes sign Ocon instead of Bottas or Russell? Ocon is still a Mercedes driver after all. 

And finally Russell scored points as a Williams driver!

--

Incredible race!

Congrats Ocon and Vettel.

Excellent battle between Alonso and LH. That's how it's done! Max should learn from them...

Williams getting points, FINALLY!

Seeing how Alonso acted after the race to Ocon, and the way he was talking throughout the weekend on interviews, my view on Alonso has changed. 

My dislike for the young Alonso isn't a secret. But now that he got older and finally matured, he is a much nicer human being now with his showing of his humble side. He was a GREAT teammate today. His racecraft in defending is what helped Ocon win the race. If he didn't do such a great job defending against Hamilton, Hamilton likely would have won the race. 

Well deserving of the Driver of the Day honour. Clear winner, even over Hamilton who charged up the field from last place. 

Future of F1 is bright, we have another young gun winning and showing promises with Ocon at Alpine. Each team has their own young gun at the helm, 2022 could be even more exciting to watch with perhaps a level playing field with the new cars. 

Could McLaren aced it and Norris become World Champ? Alpine with Ocon (If Mercedes doesn't sign him away)? Ferrari with Leclerc or Sainz? Can Red Bull stay in front with Max? Alpha Tauri has Gasly. Mercedes has the biggest question mark, do they go with Russell or do Russell stays at Williams and gamble with the new rules? If Ocon goes to Mercedes, could he be THE guy? I am discounting Hamilton as he is the old guard, he won't stay forever. Bottas is not young anymore, Mercedes needs to find their future #1.

In an alternative scenario, we could have had the old guards, Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso on the podium  Turning back the clock 10 years haha.

--

Funniest post race stuff.

Most racers knows or been told many times you should only see the checkered flag once after the race. Ocon and Vettel  saw it a second time today. They got called to the stewards.

Vettel got a second infringement about his t-sheet before the race. 

When asked, he said "They can do whatever they want to me, I don't care". This is why many loved Vettel. Not because he was a multi-time world champ, but his personality. Just like how he do press conferences, his responses are always golden. 

Right up there with Kimi's one word answers. 

Sure hope the new kids will have the same personalities like the old guards. I suspect Norris, with his playful attitude, could be a replacement for Vettel in that regards. 

Still have to find someone to do the one word answers like Kimi however.

--

And me again 

So it would seems for this year's cars, Alpine has the 'dirtiest' airflow behind, Ferrari might have the cleanest. 

Vettel has trouble following Ocon too closely, and in a way so did Hamilton when chasing down Alonso.

Hamilton didn't have a problem following and passing Leclerc in Silverstone, nor did he have much on Sainz. 

--

Great observations Whoopsy!   You are becoming one of my go to pundits LOL. 

thuggy:

Great observations Whoopsy!   You are becoming one of my go to pundits LOL. 

Smiley Come on. There are way better pundits everywhere.

More observations.

Don't say Lewis doesn't drive his hearts out. He did that literally today. He is so weak after the race. Age is definitely catching up to him.

Russell is such a gentleman driver, and a great teammate. Seeing Latifi is ahead and he radioed in to prioritize Latifi over him on strategy, such a selfless gesture. Not many on the grid have the guts to say that. And he is the one that's chasing his first points was a William driver, not Latifi.

Max's reputation as a street thug, a bully on track is kept intact. He banged into Schumacher to get his pass done. No one else on track hit anyone else to get their passes done today. Not even the heated battle between Hamilton and Alonso. Max showed no respect for anyone else on track, it's Max coming through! Make way!! He would do really well in a NASCAR race. Maybe that could be his other career!

Post race he is still whining about being taken out by a Mercedes. Technically it was Norris that banged into him, who, in turn was hit by Bottas just before. Bottas did crashed into Perez however. 

One more thing about Max. He lost the crown for sweating the most over radio. Think Tsunoda took over that title. That little firecracker is really something, he is a master of English swearing and he is Japanese!! For comparison, I challenge anyone to find Hamilton swearing over the radio once in his whole career.

Bottas undo all the hard work he did on Saturday by qualifying on the front row. Did he just signed his own walking papers? To be fair to him, it was his first time doing that. And by having Norris cut him off before the corner, he pretty much lost al the front downforce that would have been useful when braking. Still, he was the one that's wrong, no excuses. 

Riccardo, oh boy, seriously, what happened to his driving skills? 

Last breaking news for Vettel, more trouble. Seems like he basically ran the car dry and FIA can only take 0.3L of fuel sample instead of 1 litre. he might get DQed. But then again as if he cared. 

Who else did I miss? Norris,Perez, Leclerc, was innocent bystanders. Max at least salvage some points. Lance did his best Kvyat torpedo impression. 

Kimi, and Giovinazzi, hmm, Giovinazzi was literally invisible all race. Kimi at least made the news by taking out Mazepin.

Now patiently waiting on Helmut Marko to spill out his nonsense again two races in a row. Maybe this time he will ask for a couple race bans and also sent Toto the repair bill.

He and Horner are so petty. They ARE IN F1 RACING!! IT IS EXPENSIVE!!! SUCK IT UP!!!

When Russell took out Bottas and himself, Toto literally mentioned it ONCE about the expense. And he moved on. Horner is still harping about the money last race and now this race. Get over it, you can't out spend someone to win this year. 

Anyone else noticed if Max and Hamilton isn't at the front, we get good racing? Maybe FIA should get a new rule in. Doesn't matter where Max or Hamilton qualifies, they both start on the back row, no matter what. They are the two fastest guys, so watching them cut through the field would be great entertainment. 

Another would be a support race between all team principals, with constructor points awarded. I mean, they added the sprint already, so why not. 

--

Whoopsy:

Another would be a support race between all team principals, with constructor points awarded. I mean, they added the sprint already, so why not. 

That would be fun to watch Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762723 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435514 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260584 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257626 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80961 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5322 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872437 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807820 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM