Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2021] Formula 1

I am loving it, no one is abusing track limits now 

Max start whining about others causing red flags again.

F2 races was again exciting to watch. But man they are so aggressive with their moves, it's like having 20 Maxes racing each other, all expecting they have the right of way and the other cars needed to yield.

Eventually they will all learn they can't win a race in one corner, but they can surely lose it.

--

What a fun race to watch to the end.

Exciting races when both Max and Lewis are not in it. The battle between Gasly, Leclerc and Norris is epic. The young guns, future of F1.

Blow out tire for Max when leading? Bottas had that, join the club Max. Race not over until the fat lady sings. Same can be said with Hamilton, sitting second when the race restarts, shit can happen and does.

Those Red Bulls are quick! Fastest car on grid for sure. They are the car to beat this year. Mercedes probably figured that bit out really early as Hamilton didn't have much trouble following Perez for most of the race, in years before they can't run well in dirty air following another car.

Perez drove a textbook "Perez' race, no drama no nothing, just steady Eddie. WIth the fastest car he deserves the win. For some reason I think Red Bull screwed his pitstop on purpose just so he doesn't over cut Max coming back out. Good thing he still won. Karma. 

What the hell is Bottas doing in the back of the field? Just like in Monza, he SHOULDN'T be there in the first place.

Vettel seems to be getting the hang of the new ride, perhaps he could established himself to be the No1 at Aston over the boss's son.

Onto Paul Ricard next, let's see if the Red Bulls are still the fastest car without a bendy wing.

--

Vettel has continued to surprise following his performance at Monaco a couple of weeks ago.  One, like many, had written Vettel off after that disastrous season last year at Ferrari.  He’s showing a quiet confidence now that was never seen before.  

Mercedes has met it match with Red Bull.  This has the makings of one of the best seasons in memory.  

It’s a pity what happened to MV and to LH, Max was leading easily and Lewis had the re-start of the century but obviously the racing gods want us to have the best season for years!

VB should quit/ resign, he‘s so overrated and that’s mire thsn obvious.

Looking forward how the next races will evolve and hoe Lewis and Merc will strike back.

LH screwed up big time. He still did a great race despite having a clearly inferior car than RB.

For some reason, he clicked the "brake magic" button when shiftting up at the start so the brake bias and regen settings were wrong.

https://streamable.com/gvdtbg

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/1401552096789471236

Mazepin has now officially finished ahead of three drivers this year: Litifi, Schumacher, and Hamilton.indecision

So Mazepin has now moved to 2nd place on the Billionaires' Boys' Club ranking list, behind Stroll and ahead of Latifi for finishing ahead of Hamilton in a F1 race.

--

I sure hope Michael Schumacher had a little smile when his son finished ahead of Hamilton. 

I like those videos. Thanks for sharing.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

NOT related to 2021 season.... I was sorting through some old files and slides recently, and some of them related to the first F1 race I ever saw; 1976 Canadian GP.   What struck me in looking at the entrants, was the rarity of young drivers compared to today.  Look at these ages: 

Vittorio Brambilla 38
    Mario Andretti  36
    Clay Regazzzoni  36
    Carlos Reutemann  33
    Ronnie Peterson 32
    Jacques Lafitte  32
    Patrick Depailler 31
    Jacky Ickx  31
    Carlos Pace  31
    JP Jarier  30
    Patrick Watson 30
    Brett Lunger  30
    Jochen Mass  29
    Alan Jones  29
    Emerson Fittipaldi 29
    James Hunt 28
    Niki Lauda  27
    Tom Pryce  27
    Jody Scheckter  26

And for fun, my shot of the six wheeled Tyrell driven by Depailler....
    Tyrell_1976.jpg

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

It is and it isn't.

Modern days there are more feeder racing series to get kids ready for the big show. Lance Fucking Stroll would be a better driver than half if not more on your list. He is just that much more seasoned. And he isn't even close to mid field in the current F1 season on skill/talent level. Competiton love lis also lowered back then.

But then again modern feeder racing series have exploded in cost so a lot of kids are already out of reach just to reach the try out stage. 

They can do some karting, show promises, but then stopped in their track at best at the F4 level. They just simply can't afford to go farther than that. 

--

Whoopsy:

It is and it isn't.

Modern days there are more feeder racing series to get kids ready for the big show. Lance Fucking Stroll would be a better driver than half if not more on your list. He is just that much more seasoned. And he isn't even close to mid field in the current F1 season on skill/talent level. Competiton love lis also lowered back then.

But then again modern feeder racing series have exploded in cost so a lot of kids are already out of reach just to reach the try out stage. 

They can do some karting, show promises, but then stopped in their track at best at the F4 level. They just simply can't afford to go farther than that. 

Your description sounds like a return to the days a century ago when auto racing was dominated by rich playboys.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Taycan Turbo + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T

Look no farther than Stroll, Latifi and Mazepin. Do they deserve their seats on the grid if their daddy didn't drop a major chunk of change on the teams?

I am not the only one saying this. Lewis already said the same thing. It's like a million dollars to run a season of F2, about half a million or so for a season of F3. quarter of a million for F4. That's about 2 million dollars minimum to go from  karting up to F1 if they are lucky and doesn't have to repeat a level.

Our own driving academy is trying to develop drivers too, from karting up. The instructors are all in their 20s, but their racing career are pretty much stopped on the track atm as getting to the next level up requires a major outlay of cash and the care in need of many sponsors. 

--

Sad news. I thought that the overall covid situation will allow Abu Dhabi to have spectators for the last race, well, no, only frontline heros will be allowed. Good thing though, still l thought to make a little trip in December…perhaps, l might just visit expo 2020 in dubai…

Whoopsy:

Look no farther than Stroll, Latifi and Mazepin. Do they deserve their seats on the grid if their daddy didn't drop a major chunk of change on the teams?

I am not the only one saying this. Lewis already said the same thing. It's like a million dollars to run a season of F2, about half a million or so for a season of F3. quarter of a million for F4. That's about 2 million dollars minimum to go from  karting up to F1 if they are lucky and doesn't have to repeat a level.

Our own driving academy is trying to develop drivers too, from karting up. The instructors are all in their 20s, but their racing career are pretty much stopped on the track atm as getting to the next level up requires a major outlay of cash and the care in need of many sponsors. 

Yes this is the sad reality in this sport, but on the other side the expenses got so immense that some team dont have a choice if they want to survive... that is a spiral, this sport is burning money like no other. But F1 is also a business and one need to make sure that the business makes more than it spends... Lets see what the budget cap will being, IMO I dont think much.... at least not as they plan to do it. I personally just want great racing on the limit. Smiley

It seems the steps taken to control track limits might be too aggressive. Here's Merc complaining to FIA about the size of the rumble strips.

https://streamable.com/pzyqk2

I have no sympathy for Mercedes. The rumble strips are WAY OFF the track. Hamilton and Bottas shouldn't even be out there in the first place.

If I were the FIA I would put a concrete wall there instead. 

--

Whoopsy:

I have no sympathy for Mercedes. The rumble strips are WAY OFF the track. Hamilton and Bottas shouldn't even be out there in the first place.

If I were the FIA I would put a concrete wall there instead. 

LOL

Whoopsy:

I may be open to re-assessing my original take on Stroll. His driving is getting better. BTW isn’t Perez also there due to some help from Pemex or Carlos Slim??

996FourEss:
    Whoopsy:

I may be open to re-assessing my original take on Stroll. His driving is getting better. BTW isn’t Perez also there due to some help from Pemex or Carlos Slim??

A bit different. Perez's dad didn't finance him. He showed promises hence why he got backers. Very different situation.

If my memory serves me well, Stroll do have the more accomplished junior career among the 3. 

--

Looks like the Red Bulls are fast even when the FIA take away their clever tricks, bendy wings and tire pressure settings. 

If Max doesn't make any mistakes, I can certainly see him win Sunday. And if he did made mistakes, Perez might be the lucky to be on the top step.

Hoping Bottas isn't lingering midfield again battling Russell.

I see a RB RB Merc podium. and if one of the RB drops off, I think Norris is going to have a podium.

--

Pretty much confirms the Red Bull car is quite a bit faster than the Mercedes, even without the bendy wing and funny tire pressure. Just less faster.  Lewis drove the wheels off the Merc and still 0.3 back. But then again Max got lucky and didn't get his laps deleted by going over the track limits at turn 2 I believe. RB car has quite a few km/hr up on the Merc on the long straight. Red Bull has the luxury of dialling back the down force for more top speed. 

I like the time delete for going over the line exit of turn 6. That's a patience corner, if one punch the throttle early on exit to prepare for the long straight one is going over. Or worse, see Mick.

The 3 BBC boys are at the back of the grid. 

Yuki did his banzai move over curbs and crash.

Seems Carlos is finally comfortable in the Ferrari.

Will be interesting to watch the start. Max is on the racing line, so outside for turn 1, would he go for the banzai move again to cut off Lewis and see if Lewis backs off? 

Now what if Max and Lewis crashed out and Perez win the race. Next race Max di the same with Lewis and Perez wins again. That would put Perez on top of the standing. Would Christian back Perez and help him win the Championship? Or would he hold him back just so Max might have a chance?

--

Will be interesting to see if the skinny wing compromises tyre wear for the RB cars in race conditions.

If it does not then they might finally have an all purpose (meaning all tracks) car to compete with MB.

Game on.

I stand corrected. They put pole position on the inside line to the 1sr corner.

regardless, !ax shows he is human just like Lewis and made a mistake on the start.

--

The RB car is just that much faster than the Merc. Max drove right past Lewis as if he was standing still. Lewis can’t even gain any ground on Max even with DRS help.

Bottas is so pissed……

I called it, 2 RB and a Merc on the podium. RB definitely have the fastest car out there this year, even when the FIA chopped off all the clever bits from Christian. Had they not, the margin will be even greater.

--

Whoopsy:

Bottas is so pissed……

He should be. They didn't even pit him after Max passed him to try for fastest lap.

Great race from start to finish for an f1 race.  Very enjoyable.

Botas should be pissed off.  Hamilton showed his class and maturity in the post race interview.  Doubt he will win the championship this year but he is still a champion if he shows this much class. 
    Of course I loved his plaid Mercedes cap during the interview. 

I hear there may be two races in Austin this year which I will try to attend. 

JoeRockhead:
    Whoopsy:

Bottas is so pissed……

He should be. They didn't even pit him after Max passed him to try for fastest lap.

In post race, reason given was that they thought Perez is going to get a penalty for going over track limit during the pass, or I believe after, so they were trying to stay within 5 seconds of Perez. 

Also in post race, it was so nice to see how friendly Gasly and Norris are. Genuine friendship, just like with Norris and Riccardo. Max is part of that young crowd, but for some reason he isn't mixing with them, heck the guy looks grumpy and pissed off 24/7, even when he wins he is still like that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

--

Max is not there to make friends it seems. He is very competitive.

Good job RB. 2 cars on the podium. It turns out, the undercut was very strong on this track. Ric won 2 places.

It's kinda funny to read forum posts when Max wins. Nobody talks about the car anymore...smiley which was clearly faster on this track. The car only matters when Lewis wins.

LH did amazingly well managing those tires and keeping a good pace. Bottas on the other hand...always slow.

Ferrari went backwards...

Next up: Two austrian tracks. Two "easy" wins for RB.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759899 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433942 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259801 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256949 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80631 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5308 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870830 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805921 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM