Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Family car - Volvo XC90

bluelines:
    Lars997:
    bluelines:
    dreamcar:

You are losing the battle Lars - admit defeat gracefully and join the happy band of Volvo drivers Smiley

Smiley

Yeap - it seems like. I will go this week to my dealer and if everything is smooth I will order that Swedish car. Never thought that the impact of getting older is that intense SmileySmiley

Soon you will be listening to Swedish schlager music and eating meatballs too. It is game over buddy Smiley

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

- I love your comments guys!

I just ordered a XC90 T8, fully spec'ed. Also included a so called Polestar Upgrade, which adds another 14 HP and 40 NM compared with a higher throttle response. Unfortunately delivery will take until Jan 2017 

Thanks again for all your comments, they helped to make up my mind! ... now I will lay back in my rocking chair, eat my Koeterbollar, dream about ABBA and our next family vacation in Uppsala. broken heart 

Lars997:

I just ordered a XC90 T8, fully spec'ed. Also included a so called Polestar Upgrade, which adds another 14 HP and 40 NM compared with a higher throttle response. Unfortunately delivery will take until Jan 2017 

Thanks again for all your comments, they helped to make up my mind! ... now I will lay back in my rocking chair, eat my Koeterbollar, dream about ABBA and our next family vacation in Uppsala. broken heart 

Attaboy... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Congrats Lars! wink

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Thanks guys! wink

Congrats Lars !  I hope it will meet your expectations wink

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Lars997:

I just ordered a XC90 T8, fully spec'ed. Also included a so called Polestar Upgrade, which adds another 14 HP and 40 NM compared with a higher throttle response. Unfortunately delivery will take until Jan 2017 

Are you able to get Swedish factory delivery as a European?  In the US, most Volvo models come with 2 airline tickets on SAS, a nice hotel for free, and a good discount on the vehicle from the sticker price (but I think XC90 is excluded due to high demand).

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    Lars997:

I just ordered a XC90 T8, fully spec'ed. Also included a so called Polestar Upgrade, which adds another 14 HP and 40 NM compared with a higher throttle response. Unfortunately delivery will take until Jan 2017 

Are you able to get Swedish factory delivery as a European?  In the US, most Volvo models come with 2 airline tickets on SAS, a nice hotel for free, and a good discount on the vehicle from the sticker price (but I think XC90 is excluded due to high demand).

That would be an excellent introduction to the Swedish lifestyle.

apias:
    Grant:
    Lars997:

That would be an excellent introduction to the Swedish lifestyle.

That is, free education, sexual liberation and EVERYONE drives a Volvo indecision

--

There you go Lars, factory delivery, and leave the wife at home.

Congrat Lars!  I like this car very much like many people on this forum. kiss  

Lars997:

Congrats Lars on a great choice Smiley

You should take a peak at these clips to be prepared yourself Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_7yPocGPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYklPeVm9uY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aB2AklGatE

Lukas:
    Lars997:

Congrats Lars on a great choice Smiley

You should take a peak at these clips to be prepared yourself Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_7yPocGPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYklPeVm9uY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aB2AklGatE

SmileySmileySmiley

Here are two more which are great as introduction, The Stockholm Syndrome:

Part 1: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/the-stockholm-syndrome-part-1/83107953/

Part 2:  http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/the-stockholm-syndrome-part-2/83107993/

--

God, this is the end of the Porsche centric Rennteam. First the R8 thread now the Volvolaugh

--

Thanks guys - you are awesome!

@Grant: Actually - I didnt even ask for factory delivery. The car will be delivered in January, means it would be a night delivery smiley

@bluelines: "sexual liberation and EVERYONE" - tell me more about my friend. I always thought this is why 50% of the Swiss are coming every weekend to Germany broken heart

@lukas/bluelines: Thanks for the Videos. I laughed a lot and I feel like driving to IKEA now.

@Whoopsy: Imagine that - a Volvo as safety car on Area 27 smiley

Whoopsy:

God, this is the end of the Porsche centric Rennteam. First the R8 thread now the Volvolaugh

Nah, just some older guys getting a midlife crisis...or just (car) confused. Smiley Smiley

Maybe Porsche should learn from this: Why would people who love Porsche choose a different brand?! Smiley

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:

Nah, just some older guys getting a midlife crisis...or just (car) confused. Smiley Smiley

Maybe Porsche should learn from this: Why would people who love Porsche choose a different brand?! Smiley

I bet Porsche did not count with Volvo sneaking up like that 

--

bluelines:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

Definitely not. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    bluelines:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

Well, Porsche lost a unit sell to our member, Volvophile dreamcar Smiley ..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

RC:
    Whoopsy:

I was test driving the Cayenne Hybrid. This car is not even close to match with the Volvo. Technology and drive ability are way behind at the Porsche. Interior and leather quality is top notch at Volvo and the best of it, people will probably less envy a Volvo than a car with the Horse on the batch!

Lars997:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

I was test driving the Cayenne Hybrid. This car is not even close to match with the Volvo. Technology and drive ability are way behind at the Porsche. Interior and leather quality is top notch at Volvo and the best of it, people will probably less envy a Volvo than a car with the Horse on the batch!

This is very true. Smiley

--

Lars997:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

You killed it with post Lars! angel angry indecision

1468488250585image.gif

--

bluelines:
    Lars997:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

You killed it with post Lars! angel angry indecision

1468488250585image.gif

Oh yes... a time long before the bush was in the white house and still was where it meant to be Smiley

I was always a fan of the Bush in the White House, not so much of the bush Down Under. smiley angry 

--

throt:
    RC:
    bluelines:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

Well, Porsche lost a unit sell to our member, Volvophile dreamcar Smiley ..

Smiley Smiley Smiley 

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 R Design daily drive

Lars997:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

You are not seriously comparing the Cayenne with the Volvo? Porsche Cayenne is still the best SUV on the market (sport oriented). The Volvo is not on the list even for X5/Q7/ML clients. It's an upgrade for people coming from the non-premium segment who don't care much about handling and substantial automobile qualities.

Correction, the Macan is the best SUV ont the market, Cayenne being second smiley

@Herbaliser and @Scifrog: Stay clear boys - the ultimate SUV is still the Lada Niva  

@Herbaliser - have you ever driven a Volvo? I actually though a week ago that I will never do. After test driving I got the qualities. The Cayenne is a great car no doubt! It drives where nice, but be assured - after all the cars we been testing the last couple of weeks we recognized that others are not worse at all. Closest to the feel of the Cayenne (but certainly a newer and more development) is the Levante. The Range Rove Sport has its proven qualities and the X5 is sporty and very handy, too. What makes the Volvo different is that it feels much more light. It feels at least 1 Meter shorter than it is. The Cayenne is refined but you can feel that it has seen some years. Go to the next Volvo dealer and test drive it.

If you make a comment that bold, you better make the same extensive test series we did. We been driving 11 cars - try this on the Maledives 

Many people are prejudiced against Volvo from the days where their vehicles were akin to a military armoured personnel carrier and handled and drove in the same way. They've come a long way since then. Volvo still don't make cars that are the "ultimate driving machine" to coin BMW's tag line. But comparing their products with the default German equivalents they are at least on a par. We looked at many options before buying our V40, despite all saying the VW Golf is the best small hatch neither of us found it comfortable, the fascia whilst being of high quality is typically dark and austere.It has the styling and character of domestic a It's also way overpriced. VW dealerships, much like BMW are arrogant and the sales staff have a couldn't care less attitude in the belief that it makes no difference how offhand they are the public will still beg to buy their cars.  The BMW 1 series is unspeakably bad. The Audi A3 is the closest rival, but again not as comfortable and much more expensive. Volvo products are also bring a refreshing individuality in what is becoming an increasingly bland and same-sameness about almost every other manufacturer. And we all know the contempt VW Group feel about their customers by the way they cheated emissions, the residual values of their cars have fallen off a cliff as a result and apart from the US (which has much stronger consumer protection) have refused to offer any compensation. 

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 R Design daily drive

Congrats Lars, Volvo looks nice in and out but I´m surprised you like it so much after test drive, it must be much better car than expected! 

--

J.Seven

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689846 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409377 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255814 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235042 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65562 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4650 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858133 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774233 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM