Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2017 V12 Vantage S test,150mph on a lake and a Geman gets tasered

Adam2S:
    Whoopsy:
    Adam2S:

The infotainment reset is a bug in an earlier release of the software and it is fixed now.  I had my dealer apply the latest firmware and it went away overnight.

The firmware that fixed the bugs is :

App : 2.3.1
    Base : 1.053

Actually there is another new version out in mid October too - this one adds in Android Auto support too.  All available through your dealer free of charge. Smiley

Cayman GT4, Racing Yellow, PCCB, 918 Style Full Buckets

Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Dogleg Manual, Kermit Green, Buckets

Looks like the latest version is already out, I just got my car flashed. One step ahead of you now Smiley

Wow, thanks - most importantly has it sorted the crashing for you?

Funnily enough I emailed the factory yesterday about the October release and they havnt responded yet.  For the avoidance of doubt does this release include Andriod Auto ?  Also can you confirm please if when using USB if it resumes playing the same track as it was on before rather than starting from the first track again.  The engine needs to be off for 1min+ for this bug to occur.

Smiley

--

Yes, the constant flip flop of the screen is gone.

And sorry I don't have anything Android so I wouldn't know about the Android Auto thing. For the USB play back, I will try later and let you know.

And about that update, boy do I have a beef to pick. The arrogance of the service advisor is unbelievable. I booked an appointment to get have the car updated, and when I showed up to talk to the guy about the update, he said he doesn't know anything about it and question me about telling him how to fix a car and he hasn't hear about the software update. He wouldn't be humble and back down, and proceed to escalate the issue by calling out their Aston tech and ask him. The tech didn't know either but at least he said  he will call up the Aston rep right there to check. Needless to say, after calling the Aston rep he was embarrassed but still defiant.

Being the jack ass that I am, I called the owner of the dealership, which is part of the same group as Porsche and Land Rover and I knew him cause of my Porsches, and bitch to him about the attitude of his staff right in front of both of them. When I go back to pick up the car, he did a 180 and super nice to me. Sometimes people just needed to be put in their places by an outside force.

--

Well done, you did a service not only to the owner fo the dealership (the attitude of that employee is hurting his business) but also all the other Aston customers.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

It's the culture of that location. When I brought in my SVR for service and programming of TPMS sensors on a set of aftermarket wheels, that service advisor said that's aftermarket wheel and not factory and the sensors may not work. Those wheels came of Graham Rahal's SVR and I know they work as they were working on his car. He tried to argue but I shut him down too. 

They just don't like to take instructions from customers. While most of their customers are clueless I am not part of those crowd. 

At Porsche, they listen, hell I don't even book appointments, I just drive straight into the workshop and drop off the car with the foreman 

--

Lol good for you that you put him straight.  I love that we can share such info on forums like this, and it allows us to talk with confidence knowing that its more accurate than the info the dealership service (and sales for that matter) will tell you.

Anyway I'm pleased it helped and sorted your main bug!

I managed to speak to the factory again today.  Seems the version you have is a minor fix on what I have, but they didn't tell me what else was in it.  But more to the point, the Andriod Auto version is still due out by mid Oct and includes my USB bug fixes too, so pretty sure they are not in the version you have.

FWIW - the factory have been excellent with me, but I am quite a well known customer to them. I have directly logged bugs with AMi and they have acknowledged them and promised to fix in the next release.  Can you imagine getting that from any other car manufacturer of a similar size or larger?  That said most others would have tested the software better in the first place, but still - I will take the positive aspects from it. kiss

Anyway the new Android Auto version is 3.0.1 / 1.060 due mid Oct.   I will let you know when I have it on my car and then you can give your dealer another call to put them straight again! smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    Adam2S:
    Whoopsy:
    Adam2S:

The infotainment reset is a bug in an earlier release of the software and it is fixed now.  I had my dealer apply the latest firmware and it went away overnight.

The firmware that fixed the bugs is :

App : 2.3.1
    Base : 1.053

Actually there is another new version out in mid October too - this one adds in Android Auto support too.  All available through your dealer free of charge. Smiley

Looks like the latest version is already out, I just got my car flashed. One step ahead of you now Smiley

Wow, thanks - most importantly has it sorted the crashing for you?

Funnily enough I emailed the factory yesterday about the October release and they havnt responded yet.  For the avoidance of doubt does this release include Andriod Auto ?  Also can you confirm please if when using USB if it resumes playing the same track as it was on before rather than starting from the first track again.  The engine needs to be off for 1min+ for this bug to occur.

Smiley

--

Yes, the constant flip flop of the screen is gone.

And sorry I don't have anything Android so I wouldn't know about the Android Auto thing. For the USB play back, I will try later and let you know.

And about that update, boy do I have a beef to pick. The arrogance of the service advisor is unbelievable. I booked an appointment to get have the car updated, and when I showed up to talk to the guy about the update, he said he doesn't know anything about it and question me about telling him how to fix a car and he hasn't hear about the software update. He wouldn't be humble and back down, and proceed to escalate the issue by calling out their Aston tech and ask him. The tech didn't know either but at least he said  he will call up the Aston rep right there to check. Needless to say, after calling the Aston rep he was embarrassed but still defiant.

Being the jack ass that I am, I called the owner of the dealership, which is part of the same group as Porsche and Land Rover and I knew him cause of my Porsches, and bitch to him about the attitude of his staff right in front of both of them. When I go back to pick up the car, he did a 180 and super nice to me. Sometimes people just needed to be put in their places by an outside force.

Yeah, tell me about arrogant service people...I could tell stories... I don't get it: They know that things change constantly, so why would they be asses when a customer asks for their help? Even worse when they know they were wrong and don't apologize. This is a character flaw and something I do not like to experience with the person I need to be able to trust with my car. I avoid picking a fight with them because some people are asses but others can be outright psychopaths and I do not want to have these kind of people to work on my car. You get my point. I changed dealerships three times in my life because of trust issues. Go figure...

Sorry to hear about your issues with that idiot, this really can ruin the whole ownership experience of a car.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Hello rennteam.

cant believe I missed this thread even though I discovered this car directly after the Motor Trend video . I too am a proud V12VS manual owner , I love the car more than any modern 911 as a road car . I havent tracked her yet and probably only will to do skids . I may play with the geo , not that there's anything wrong with it just that it's force of habit .

Whoopsy you old buzzard , again we go the same colours ! Persevere with the gearbox , in no time at all it will be second nature .wring it's neck a nd it's plenty fast enough and it slides like a goodun I promise you . Its a carrera gt in a tuxedo , all friendly one minute then all blood and fury the next . I am besotted , poor 911r . It's in a bubble somewhere neglected and alone . 

Sorry I can't post pictures beacause I don't have them online anywhere .

I did a detailed review on pistonheads if anyone is interested , sorry it's a bit long .

wtdoom:

Hello rennteam.

cant believe I missed this thread even though I discovered this car directly after the Motor Trend video . I too am a proud V12VS manual owner , I love the car more than any modern 911 as a road car . I havent tracked her yet and probably only will to do skids . I may play with the geo , not that there's anything wrong with it just that it's force of habit .

Whoopsy you old buzzard , again we go the same colours ! Persevere with the gearbox , in no time at all it will be second nature .wring it's neck a nd it's plenty fast enough and it slides like a goodun I promise you . Its a carrera gt in a tuxedo , all friendly one minute then all blood and fury the next . I am besotted , poor 911r . It's in a bubble somewhere neglected and alone . 

I did a detailed review on pistonheads if anyone is interested , sorry it's a bit long .

Haha well it's easy to clash colour with me, I only go with black anyway Smiley But surprise surprise we go for the same cars too Smiley

And the gearbox, yes it gets better with time, like any nice scotch. But it will never match the precision of the 911R gearbox. Having said that, I admit, my 911R has bee parked and charger-ed since June. Between the Turbo 3.6 and the Aston, I have no urge to unplug the 911R to drive.

Drop by here more often buddy!

My guess is the mystery member here that has the dogleg car that Adam mentioned is you isn't it?

--

Whoopsy:

My guess is the mystery member here that has the dogleg car that Adam mentioned is you isn't it?

Smiley

Yup, finally he has come out! (with a little prompting perhaps...)Smiley

--

wtdoom:

Hello rennteam.

Too much going on here...R8 talk...mistresses, watches...not easy to follow. Smiley

Welcome... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Man, if I had to re-install everything from scratch after every OS gen jump I would be very discontent to put it politely... having to re-install everything is what keeps me from buying a new phone more frequently than I do, and even then I try to get as much of it as I can done from backups onto the new phone.

--

Carlos from Spain:

Man, if I had to re-install everything from scratch after every OS gen jump I would be very discontent to put it politely... having to re-install everything is what keeps me from buying a new phone more frequently than I do, and even then I try to get as much of it as I can done from backups onto the new phone.

It is actually fun. It is not a requirement but it makes everything work fine without any major issues.

I enjoy doing it but only when I have time. Sometimes I do that while watching TV with my wife and/or kids. It isn't a big deal, I know all my passwords, IDs, etc. by heart and with a fast internet connection, everything is back to normal soon. Last time I had to reload over 27000(!) emails incl. attachments. Smiley I love to keep my emails on my mobile devices because I can look up every bit of communication I had in the past, incl. important attachments.

--

No one except RC reinstalls everything...

SciFrog:

No one except RC reinstalls everything...

Well, I am special, ain't I? Smiley Smiley

--

The new Vantage V8 should be more than interesting with its Mercedes Turbo V8 and a manual gearbox option. Hopefully it will be unlike the new DB and actually have a glove box, a round steering wheel and a sorted out suspension before it is released.

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

It is actually fun. It is not a requirement but it makes everything work fine without any major issues.

I enjoy doing it but only when I have time. Sometimes I do that while watching TV with my wife and/or kids. It isn't a big deal, I know all my passwords, IDs, etc. by heart and with a fast internet connection, everything is back to normal soon. Last time I had to reload over 27000(!) emails incl. attachments. Smiley I love to keep my emails on my mobile devices because I can look up every bit of communication I had in the past, incl. important attachments.

How the heck this this post wind up in this thread? I'm I going senile or is this a new Off Topic function in RT were the posts get automatically juggled into different threads following RT tradition? Smiley

BTW, I'm going to go noone1 on you and say that no, no fun at all, re-installing OS is not fun Smiley

--

JimFlat6:

The new Vantage V8 should be more than interesting with its Mercedes Turbo V8 and a manual gearbox option. Hopefully it will be unlike the new DB and actually have a glove box, a round steering wheel and a sorted out suspension before it is released.

Whats the fun in a British car when everything works? That car becomes a German carSmiley

Vantage always have a glovebox, but not all have a cup holder. 

--

You might have a point. The DB11 has a rectangular steering wheel that pays tribute to the vaunted Austin Allegro. It really belongs on a Tesla...

I think the new AMG Vantage will be an excellent car, however, it feels watered down to me without an Aston motor !

Think Porsche with Audi motor ?

Personally, I am kind of steered away by that. To me the AMG sound is not something I lust after.

I have no doubt though that it will be an amazing car with exceptional performance.

It will be getting a 7 speed dogleg after launch, which will be nice.

I am sooo satisfied with my V12S !

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

How the heck this this post wind up in this thread? I'm I going senile or is this a new Off Topic function in RT were the posts get automatically juggled into different threads following RT tradition? Smiley

BTW, I'm going to go noone1 on you and say that no, no fun at all, re-installing OS is not fun Smiley

MEH....

https://jalopnik.com/meh-car-monday-the-fabulously-forgettable-ford-five-hu-1819296887

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

--

This is really weird, I am pretty sure this was in the iPhone 8 rumors thread. Smiley

Btw: I love installing OS systems and updates. Smiley

--

RC:

shhhh... don't say it too loud or you will have all your family and neighbors handing you all their devices for you to update when they realize you know about those geeky things  Smiley ... I hate that even more than setting up my own phone! Smiley

--

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:

shhhh... don't say it too loud or you will have all your family and neighbors handing you all their devices for you to update when they realize you know about those geeky things  Smiley ... I hate that even more than setting up my own phone! Smiley

I do that all the time... Smiley Even earned some money with it (setting up a network incl. OS/Server at a friend's business because his IT company asked over 2k EUR for it. Did it in four hours on a Saturday and asked only for 500 (actually, he wanted to pay me half, 1k but I refused). Smiley Most of the time I do it for free though but when people don't listen, I refuse to do updates (one laptop was so virus/trojan infested that I didn't even know where to begin, so I told that guy to throw it away...200 bucks laptop for his kid...and buy a new one Smiley).

--

Whoopsy:
    wtdoom:

Hello rennteam.

Haha well it's easy to clash colour with me, I only go with black anyway Smiley But surprise surprise we go for the same cars too Smiley

And the gearbox, yes it gets better with time, like any nice scotch. But it will never match the precision of the 911R gearbox. Having said that, I admit, my 911R has bee parked and charger-ed since June. Between the Turbo 3.6 and the Aston, I have no urge to unplug the 911R to drive.

Drop by here more often buddy!

Me too mate , nearly always black .

im glad you love the car , put some decent tyres on the old girl and she is rapid . I adore mine , it's right up there with the best . I actually really love the gearbox now , I snap though it .

I will come here more often it's just that it's difficult to navigate here 

I may be the mystery member but I had to get my ass kicked and hand held to come here . I had no idea this thread was going on !

Adam2S:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley

Yup, finally he has come out! (with a little prompting perhaps...)Smiley

--

Thank you for the guide matey .

i love my aston , did I ever mention that ?

I can now confirm that the new firmware which supports Android Auto (and Apple CarPlay) is available and has been applied to my car today.

The version is:

App  : 3.0.1
    Base : 1.060

Additionally the USB media shuffle feature and track resume on start up features are now supported, and folders on the USB drive can now also be navigated in the "Search" option in the same way as they could be on the older AMi I system.  I will test later tonight and report back if there any other new features that passed my immediate first look on the way back home today.

So far a very happy bunny - I was really missing the USB playback features from the earlier release.

Full info on my AMi III Setup Tips thread on Pistonheads - link here

--

Adam2S:

I can now confirm that the new firmware which supports Android Auto (and Apple CarPlay) is available and has been applied to my car today.

The version is:

App  : 3.0.1
    Base : 1.060

Additionally the USB media shuffle feature and track resume on start up features are now supported, and folders on the USB drive can now also be navigated in the "Search" option in the same way as they could be on the older AMi I system.  I will test later tonight and report back if there any other new features that passed my immediate first look on the way back home today.

So far a very happy bunny - I was really missing the USB playback features from the earlier release.

Full info on my AMi III Setup Tips thread on Pistonheads - link here

Damn it, now you one up me on firmwareSmiley

--

Ok, so as far as I can tell the additional new features of 3.0.1 are :

• Bluetooth symbol at top of screen now blue (was white)
    • USB media new shuffle feature
    • USB media new repeat feature
    • USB media now resumes playing the last track on engine start up
    • New USB media search option of "folders". Allows selection of tracks in the same way as you could on the older AMi I system.

This new folder search option has had the added benefit of enabling you to listen to an album in the order of the tracks actually on the album, rather than just alphabetically when you select through the Album or Artist-Album option from before.

--

Oh and I got a little carried away with the new range of AMR Accessories range myself last week (WTDoom has the new AMR Wheels) and I had booked Kermit in for a little makeover whilst he got the new AMi firmware, with the addition of the factory AMR Aerokit option.  Was initially rather nervous as to what it might come out like, but once I saw him I sure I had made the right choice and I was in love all over again.

A couple of videos from earlier today

Kermit Evolves into Killer Kermit

and

Killer Kermit Emerges

Could hardly be any more different to the stealth black both Whoopsy and wtdoom have gone for, but I love the little angry frog!

Today was like collecting a new car all over again! indecision

--

In case you haven't noticed, the color black is slowly taking over your green car, soon it will be all black smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691173 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410246 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256274 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235434 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65761 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858880 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775201 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM