Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

https://youtu.be/N81uPtr4UX8

This will frighten some if not all of you.  

It just hit $807 ($4035 before split) per shareheart

heart  I bought at 24 sold at 95 . Bought again at 320 and sold at 360 . Before any splits. Never touched it again after that .  angry

The error most make with this stock is to consider it a car stock. It is a tech and energy stock , not a car stock. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

heart  I bought at 24 sold at 95 . Bought again at 320 and sold at 360 . Before any splits. Never touched it again after that .  angry

The error most make with this stock is to consider it a car stock. It is a tech and energy stock , not a car stock. 

--

I’m not brave enough to say I told you all this a long time ago. 

That stock price is beyond ridiculous. If I were Musk, I would sell a considerable share of my stocks. 
    Tesla IS a car company. That said I applaud Musk - he is a fascinating character/ business man. 

Gnil:

--

Well...had 4000 (before split) bought at 11, sold at 17 or so and was happy about the profit.

I win the price for the biggest sucker. SmileySmileySmiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:

Well...had 4000 (before split) bought at 11, sold at 17 or so and was happy about the profit.

would be now over 16 millions ....  You would have the Aventador + the G63 in the garage without blinking an eye Smiley

Don't feel too bad, I would of made over 11 millions  ... but, there is now way in reality I would of kept it without selling at some point. 

--

Tim :

That stock price is beyond ridiculous. If I were Musk, I would sell a considerable share of my stocks. 
    Tesla IS a car company. That said I applaud Musk - he is a fascinating character/ business man. 

there goes the error again Smiley Tesla develops software, has numerous contracts with compagnies developing their technologie . Tesla is also a battery developer. They are also an energy comagny (they have integrated Solar City) . They actually control the production, storage and use of electricity, and add on the hard wear (cars) to use it ... etc.......

The cars are actually only a feature to implement their software and batterie technologie ...

I got them, then I lost my faith , but reality does show main investors support Tesla. Actually one of the biggest bank in the worls( if not the biggest) is the second share holder of Tesla after Elon. They know and are smarter then us ....

--

Gnil:
    RC:

would be now over 16 millions ....  You would have the Aventador + the G63 in the garage without blinking an eye Smiley

Don't feel too bad, I would of made over 11 millions  ... but, there is now way in reality I would of kept it without selling at some point. 

I know but like you said, I would have probably sold at some point anyway because let's be serious here...nobody expected such a stock price for Tesla...not even Musk. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Evidently, the TesIa share price is currently somewhat dislocated from the underlying financial performance... Smiley

To a rational investor, there is an asymmetric risk profile — but what will be the trigger to a re-rated share price based on the underlying financial performance? Smiley

Here are a few “Risk Factors” that investors should keep a look out for...  BF822CAF-50E5-4C47-9B23-F36F9B8F5A9C.gif

1. Accounting Fraud
    2. SEC investigation of market manipulation linked to short-term options market (gamma squeeze)
    3. Insider Trading and attempted Market Manipulation by parties related to EIon
    4. Increased competition leading to lower market share and reduced growth
    5. Reduction in Regulatory Credits that have historically been applied 100% to Gross Margins
    6. Further product recalls
    7. Excess production capacity
    8. New battery technology launched by competitors
    9. Attempt to use TesIa stock to fund M&A activity
    10. EIon takes a one-way trip towards Mars...

(NB: There is a new head of the SEC in the US, along with a new government that may have an interest in not supporting billionaires that are perceived to have directly benefited from the Fed interventions during the past year. This is not intended to be a political comment, just an observation that may be relevant to investors.)

...for existing shareholders, would you be disappointed to discover that EIon had been borrowing heavily against his restricted stock holdings to fund short-term option investments that are designed to intentionally manipulate the market by causing a gamma squeeze, forcing dealing desks to buy the underlying stock to hedge their option exposure?  Smiley

If that were the case, EIon would likely end up in gaol and there could be a downside risk for innocent shareholders... Smiley 

...caveat emptor!   C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

To be fair I actually did predict Tesla stock would do very well. I have been somewhat of an advocate when allowed to do so.   I can’t count the number of times I mentioned that certain comments would not age well and even look foolish. One could say I’m enjoying not having backed down and standing my ground. Owning and driving one makes this a bit simpler though, which is what I have been trying to point out. 
    Of course I don’t want to do the math on all the shares I bought and sold daytrading. 

Don’t forget they are also about to dominate insurance for their cars as well and charge for their software via subscription. Then there is the robo taxi business.  Full self driving is well on its way. I welcome more of you to pile on about how self driving is impossible - this thread needs more juice for the future. 

Leawood911:

To be fair I actually did predict Tesla stock would do very well. I have been somewhat of an advocate when allowed to do so.   I can’t count the number of times I mentioned that certain comments would not age well and even look foolish. One could say I’m enjoying not having backed down and standing my ground. Owning and driving one makes this a bit simpler though, which is what I have been trying to point out. 
    Of course I don’t want to do the math on all the shares I bought and sold daytrading. 

Don’t forget they are also about to dominate insurance for their cars as well and charge for their software via subscription. Then there is the robo taxi business.  Full self driving is well on its way. I welcome more of you to pile on about how self driving is impossible - this thread needs more juice for the future. 

There is a difference between hoping and really predicting. Smiley

We have a couple of stock market pros (job) here in the forum and I am pretty sure that none of them actually predicted the current stock value. Am I wrong?

There is a lot of fantasy counted in into the Tesla stock, investors need to be aware of this. 

Today 800, tomorrow 100. Not possible? Oh well...Smiley The other way around is possible too of course, no doubt.

--

RC:
    Leawood911:

There is a difference between hoping and really predicting. Smiley

We have a couple of stock market pros (job) here in the forum and I am pretty sure that none of them actually predicted the current stock value. Am I wrong?

There is a lot of fantasy counted in into the Tesla stock, investors need to be aware of this. 

Today 800, tomorrow 100. Not possible? Oh well...Smiley The other way around is possible too of course, no doubt.

I think I provided many solid reason and my level of certainty was far from sounding wishful. Plenty of experts voiced the same sentiment and some continue to have crazy expectations.  Lots lost their ass shorting this bitch as well. In my trades I actually made just as much shorting this as going long but I am lucky as hell.  Did I have the balls to go all in?  Nope. But at some point you can give the one person here whohas been behind this company a little credit.  
    In terms of my day trading - I’m pulling 1-2 percent per day on my tiny day trading account ($35k). So I’m happy. Had an $8k day trading FUV the other week. That stock is a day trading money pump. 

Tesla announced the model Y in RWD with standard range available for 42K. That should be much more attractive to many buyers than the 50 and 60K AWD versions.

I had noticed a surprisingly large inventory of model 3 stacking up at the local dealer recently. Now they are back to having only 3 RWD left in inventory. Clearly sales are still rather strong.

Nice feature. You can cook the diner on the way home. Smiley

Ford put a stop sale order on the Mach E to address an undisclosed quality issue.

Meanwhile Tesla has raised the price on their powerwall because they just cannot keep up with demand. Also their cars quality does not seem to be slowing sales there either.

Gladstone:

Ford put a stop sale order on the Mach E to address an undisclosed quality issue.

Meanwhile Tesla has raised the price on their powerwall because they just cannot keep up with demand. Also their cars quality does not seem to be slowing sales there either.

While Tesla has repeatedly bet the farm on its cars nothing has been as grand a bet as the Mach E.  In fact the first EV models for each of the legacy automakers is pretty darn important. 
    The next Model S and X will be interesting in terms of the impact expected.  Generally the impacts are not as big as anticipated so I would expect the stock price to pull back a bit. 
    All these products are running out of batteries!  I think this will be the bottleneck-

Gladstone:

Ford needs to get its act together after numerous poor product launches.  I recall when Ford bungled the launch of the retro Thunderbird.  That car was the Neiman-Marcus Christmas gift in 2001.  Lexus was the Neiman-Marcus Christmas gift for 2002 and it managed to deliver its SC cars before Ford.  They haven’t progressed far from that nadir.

It's impressive how fast Tesla is improving their productskiss

I think Tesla is operated as a software company. You design something so that it works, sometimes with dummy routines and temporary fixes, but it works. Then you start updating all the big tickets. It's good to see so much improvement, but I sure hope it doesn't work at the cost of the first batches of customers...

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

I like that they don’t design new stuff to make you buy the latest model. They design new stuff to give to the entire rolling fleet of existing owners. It is like getting the new model with each monthly update and getting extra stuff you don’t pay any extra for. I don’t feel like a dairy cow being milked by the chilly hands of a Car Dealer. 

rhino:

It's impressive how fast Tesla is improving their productskiss

Not impressive when compared with other automakers since many of these issues are addressed before the product enters volume production.  

Munro this morning posted a YouTube video of his company’s continued analysis of the MY 21 Tesla Model 3.  Once again, he is confounded by relatively correctable boneheaded engineering decisions.  Why does the Model Y with the mega casting subscribe to the principles of Boothroyd Dewhurst whilst the Model 3 retains a costly complicated and error prone approach to body assembly? 

https://youtu.be/KOfnXGc0H5k

CGX car nut:

Munro this morning posted a YouTube video of his company’s continued analysis of the MY 21 Tesla Model 3.  Once again, he is confounded by relatively correctable boneheaded engineering decisions.  Why does the Model Y with the mega casting subscribe to the principles of Boothroyd Dewhurst whilst the Model 3 retains a costly complicated and error prone approach to body assembly? 

I saw that. This is mostly related to costs Tesla could save as well as reduced complexity leading to better fit and finish at less cost. Not bad but it also reminds me of all the additional complexity of an ICE motor and all of its complexity. Think of all the expense and repairs can be avoided by all these ICE car makers. Just joking of course but 90% of the repairs I have paid for in my lifetime are for parts which do not exist in the Tesla. 

Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:

I saw that. This is mostly related to costs Tesla could save as well as reduced complexity leading to better fit and finish at less cost. Not bad but it also reminds me of all the additional complexity of an ICE motor and all of its complexity. Think of all the expense and repairs can be avoided by all these ICE car makers. Just joking of course but 90% of the repairs I have paid for in my lifetime are for parts which do not exist in the Tesla. 

What the hell does anything you wrote have to do with making the Model 3 more cost effective?

Richard Parry-Jones: cost parity between EVs and ICE cars will be “about 2026” | Autocar

“I think the best way for the industry to secure the value of the vehicles going forward is to make damn sure that the real-world emissions of the engines we’re selling are very good and meet the goals of city leaders," he said.

“We’ll probably see a difference in demand for ICE vehicles in cities versus outside cities. I can imagine people in cities with maybe higher taxation, congestion charges, pollution charges; these will disincentivise second-hand buyers from buying those cars in cities. But in rural areas, where air quality demands are much lower, the demand will be quite high, so I could see regional separation for the demand pattern going forward.” 

Parry-Jones also insists that the problem of ’embedded CO2’ in the production of EVs - usually greater than an equivalent ICE car - is “not really something you can technically influence”.

“It’s bound to the chemistry of the cells we're using; they're hungry for energy in terms of manufacturing. Most of it is in the cell production phase, not in the raw materials. So getting lithium and other materials isn't a major contributor. 

“The only way we’re going to offeset that is to shift over the generation base for making electricity away from coal, away from oil and gas and towards renewables and nuclear.”

OEMs will be paying very close attention to the electricity generation mix of the country from which cells are sourced in future, said Parry-Jones, citing Poland as an example of a country that has a coal-heavy mix, compared with France, which is heavily reliant on hydroelectric and nuclear power generation. 

“I reckon it will be about 2030 before those generating plant change-overs have had enough effect to reduce the embedded carbon to the comparable level of an ICE engine," he said. "That doesn’t mean that buying an EV is bad, it just means the payback period in terms of CO2 is longer than it will be in the future.”

CGX car nut:
    Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:

What the hell does anything you wrote have to do with making the Model 3 more cost effective?

So sorry. Let me be certain that while I remain on topic I also tick all your boxes. Lol. 
    So the model3 was built first and then they improved the casting when making the Y. They have lots on their plate so I suspect they will get around to casting the model 3 to be a bit more efficient parts wise when it becomes a priority. They most likely will be switching batteries and chassis soon so casting change for the remaining model3 cars is likely not what is critical to profits presently. I suspect their concerns are not very similar to other car makers when it comes to capital or profit concerns. Lol. 
    And I do feel like my post had a lot to do with Tesla eliminating complexity as they got rid of all the ICE hardware. When will automakers finally figure that out?  

CGX car nut:

Richard Parry-Jones: cost parity between EVs and ICE cars will be “about 2026” | Autocar

“I think the best way for the industry to secure the value of the vehicles going forward is to make damn sure that the real-world emissions of the engines we’re selling are very good and meet the goals of city leaders," he said.

“We’ll probably see a difference in demand for ICE vehicles in cities versus outside cities. I can imagine people in cities with maybe higher taxation, congestion charges, pollution charges; these will disincentivise second-hand buyers from buying those cars in cities. But in rural areas, where air quality demands are much lower, the demand will be quite high, so I could see regional separation for the demand pattern going forward.” 

Parry-Jones also insists that the problem of ’embedded CO2’ in the production of EVs - usually greater than an equivalent ICE car - is “not really something you can technically influence”.

“It’s bound to the chemistry of the cells we're using; they're hungry for energy in terms of manufacturing. Most of it is in the cell production phase, not in the raw materials. So getting lithium and other materials isn't a major contributor. 

“The only way we’re going to offeset that is to shift over the generation base for making electricity away from coal, away from oil and gas and towards renewables and nuclear.”

OEMs will be paying very close attention to the electricity generation mix of the country from which cells are sourced in future, said Parry-Jones, citing Poland as an example of a country that has a coal-heavy mix, compared with France, which is heavily reliant on hydroelectric and nuclear power generation. 

“I reckon it will be about 2030 before those generating plant change-overs have had enough effect to reduce the embedded carbon to the comparable level of an ICE engine," he said. "That doesn’t mean that buying an EV is bad, it just means the payback period in terms of CO2 is longer than it will be in the future.”

If he says it will be 2026 well then it must be so. What a bunch of rubbish coming from experts who are just making noise with guesses trying to sound relative.  There is far more than cost of the car to consider price parity. If you look at cost per mile, safety, insurance, performance, features, resale value - many other factors - price parity is already here for some.   

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753442 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430887 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258677 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255525 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79573 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868467 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802099 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM