Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche dealerships

It's sort of a rant, but I can relate. In my dealership my former dealer has also been "replaced", and I didn't get a phone call from the new guy. Smiley 

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Re: Porsche dealerships

And the Porsche dealership where we recently purchased our Carrera T is - yep, Porsche Portsmouth the dealership which is the subject of this rant.. Smiley I have to say in all honesty that’s not how we’ve found them.  I was even offered a GT4 a few months back having never purchased a car from them but only used them for servicing. However his previous dealership that he had experience with, Bournemouth,  I would totally agree. Our first two Porsches we did buy from there when it was Chapelgate Motors owned by a gentleman called Brian Deeks and they were absolutely first class. Unfortunately he sold out to the Inchcape Group, a huge nationwide Plc chain of various dealerships and they changed to an absolute horror story overnight. They gave us bad advice over our third Porsche regarding specification, and the car was a nightmare as a result. They admitted their bad advice but at a meeting their principal was arrogant, rude, deliberately talked down to us and offered us derisory and insulting offer to buy the car back which we declined. I could have cheerfully decked the bastard. We eventually changed the car for another at a different Porsche dealership who offered us a significantly higher figure, even though that was several months later, when we purchased a used 911 even though we had never dealt with them before. We eventually chopped the 911 in for our last Porsche, the Boxster GTS from the same dealership. Unfortunately they were a long way from us and we decided to use Portsmouth for our maintenance and service, initially reluctantly as they too are owned by Inchcape. I have to say they have treated us well ever since and regularly keep in touch. A couple of years ago they appointed a comparatively young dealer principal who is first class, approachable and customer focussed. We had an issue with the Carrera T which needed resolving, and they have made absolutely sure we are totally happy. I’d thoroughly recommend them.
    I am of the opinion that how good or bad a dealership is rests entirely with the attitude of the dealer principal more than anything.

--

Porsche 991/2 Carrera T Jet Black metallic / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

I agree regarding the disconnect. My dealership is under new management and I have no idea where I stay with them.yes

--

The only easy day was yesterday..

"cheerfully decked the bastard"

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

throt:

"cheerfully decked the bastard"

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

No exaggeration, what an arsehole! Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

I told „my“ dealership some time ago that l am 100 % pleased with their service department, but would not buy my next car from them (they p...ed me off with a 911 GTS l was interested in, which l discussed with them on a lesson learned basis thereafter). But, l think one can never be certain about a relationship, it is still a peoples‘ business - however, my dealer seems not to struggle very much selling many new cars. supply and demand seem to be in favour of the dealer.

I almost chopped my car in prior to 1st lockdown - but on the test drive something just didn't seem right with the PDK gearbox so declined (salesman said "they all do that" - ha!). Never heard another peep. Tried again over December to buy a new car from them - slightly more responsive different salesman, but the discount wasn't quite enough to push me over the line. (I like to be sold a car, not facilitated) What I did see, was a chasm of difference with dealing with Inchcape & Jardine vs. Porsche GB outlets. I'm not a serial purchaser but I have bought 8 P cars since 1998 and always use OPC for servicing. Sadly the relationship declined once Porsche decided to chase volumes and as I'm not one to use finance, I guess I'm not worth helping.

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, X3 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

I haven't been invited to any Porsche event at my dealer for the past two years. My wife hasn't been invited either.

Some of the employees there are patients of my wife, so there is no grudge or any other issue.

I just think they lost touch to some customers and/or they just do so well, that they do not bother anymore.

When I asked my Porsche sales guy about business a few weeks ago (before the lockdown), he said he has record sales and he doesn't get the number of cars he could sell. 

In my opinion, a good car dealer stays in touch with the customer, sends him offers, invitations to events, just keeps informing the customer. Nothing of that happened. Sad. yes

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Main reason why I do not drive a Porsche anymore is the management of my local dealer.

For example they wanted me to pay a ridiculous low amount of Euro because the leather on my seats had signs of wear after 60.000km/3 years when I returned the car (leasing). I told them that I already paid 36month to use the car and that normal signs of wear should be included in the monthly rate, I probably wasn’t the first customer who had marks on the side of the sport seat (driver’s side)  No, they wanted money. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the money, a good dinner with my wife is more expensive. But with a behavior like this you have the strong feeling to get fooled. No thank you (of course not the only problem we had, but I think this shows that the customer relation was bad)

RC:

I haven't been invited to any Porsche event at my dealer for the past two years. My wife hasn't been invited either.

Some of the employees there are patients of my wife, so there is no grudge or any other issue.

I just think they lost touch to some customers and/or they just do so well, that they do not bother anymore.

When I asked my Porsche sale guy about business a few weeks ago (before the lockdown), he said he has record sales and he doesn't get the number of cars he could sell. 

In my opinion, a good car dealer stays in touch with the customer, sends him offers, invitations to events, just keeps informing the customer. Nothing of that happened. Sad. yes

Strange,

I always get invitations to events.

First class service from mine too when buying and using servicing.

Always follow up to see if I am happy.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    RC:

When I asked my Porsche sale guy about business a few weeks ago (before the lockdown), he said he has record sales and he doesn't get the number of cars he could sell. 

Strange,

My late best friend who sadly passed away last year always got invitations from Porsche Portsmouth, myself who owns a Porsche and is a regular service customer never has! ( I get phone calls and emails from service dept and the accessories dept regularly), perhaps up until now I am only on their books as a service customer?  I have been promised when normality returns I will get invited to future 992 driving events.... time will tell!

--

dreamcar:
    throt:
    RC:

Strange,

My late best friend who sadly passed away last year always got invitations from Porsche Portsmouth, myself who owns a Porsche and is a regular service customer never has! ( I get phone calls and emails from service dept and the accessories dept regularly), perhaps up until now I am only on their books as a service customer?  I have been promised when normality returns I will get invited to future 992 driving events.... time will tell!

--

No invites, go chin them, T Smiley Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    dreamcar:
    throt:
    RC:

Strange,

--

No invites, go chin them, TSmiley Smiley

Smiley
    They’re in my good books at the moment, be interesting to see what happens. Smiley Another email from the DP this morning as I promised to return the GardX maintenance pack for the ceramic coating they may or may not have done, to say please keep it with our compliments, don’t forget to come down for a coffee and chat when restrictions lift. Smiley

--

Not Porsche but I love the dedication for their customers:

I ordered a LG soundbar for my new LG OLED TV. The order went through end of 2020. I received the merchandise and it works well. Only problem: LG didn't take any money from my credit card.

Last week, a LG sales manager called to apologize. The credit card payment didn't go through.

He asked me to re-order the soundbar and they would charge my credit card.

Two problems though: In 2021, the VAT went up 3% again in Germany. Another problem: They had a cash back offer for the soundbar and the TV and the cash back offer expired because they didn't send me the receipt (because the payment didn't go through).

The sales manager sent me an email today, offering to take care of the 3% VAT refund and the cash back offer. I just needed to send him the serial number of the TV, the receipt and the serial number of the sound bar, also my bank account number for the refund and cash back.

Very helpful, no hassle, amazing.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:

Not Porsche but I love the dedication for their customers:

I ordered a LG soundbar for my new LG OLED TV. The order went through end of 2020. I received the merchandise and it works well. Only problem: LG didn't take any money from my credit card.

Last week, a LG sales manager called to apologize. The credit card payment didn't go through.

He asked me to re-order the soundbar and they would charge my credit card.

Two problems though: In 2021, the VAT went up 3% again in Germany. Another problem: They had a cash back offer for the soundbar and the TV and the cash back offer expired because they didn't send me the receipt (because the payment didn't go through).

The sales manager sent me an email today, offering to take care of the 3% VAT refund and the cash back offer. I just needed to send him the serial number of the TV, the receipt and the serial number of the sound bar, also my bank account number for the refund and cash back.

Very helpful, no hassle, amazing.

Smiley,you lucky boy Smiley. You do not hear of stuff like that often Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

dreamcar:
    throt:
    dreamcar:
    throt:
    RC:

Strange,

--

Smiley
    They’re in my good books at the moment, be interesting to see what happens. Smiley Another email from the DP this morning as I promised to return the GardX maintenance pack for the ceramic coating they may or may not have done, to say please keep it with our compliments, don’t forget to come down for a coffee and chat when restrictions lift. Smiley

--

Absolutely, buddy.

Enjoy that curry, hope the beef is tender Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    dreamcar:
    throt:
    dreamcar:
    throt:
    RC:

Strange,

--

Smiley

--

Absolutely, buddy.

Enjoy that curry, hope the beef is tender Smiley

Thanks, Waitrose finest (not). What we don’t eat I will resole my walking boots with Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689540 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409223 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255735 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234987 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4646 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857960 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774022 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM