Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Aventador and SV

very true ! Actually same experience with the TurboS - woshing by zero reaction - in the RS I get "the lights" for the same ...... - thanks to OPF a bit lesser indecision

BjoernB:

very true ! Actually same experience with the TurboS - woshing by zero reaction - in the RS I get "the lights" for the same ...... - thanks to OPF a bit lesser indecision

Funny that you mention the Turbo S. This was actually the reason I wanted my wife to get one. Smiley Smiley

Too expensive though, Porsche Financial seems to have reevaluated residual values and lease cost is pretty expensive right now (for a car worth around 247k EUR, around 4000 EUR with 20k km per year, 36 months). Ouch.

As an example: A G63 AMG, worth around 180k EUR, would be around 2700 EUR per month. Delivery time is more than 15 months. My sales guys could get me one in 13 months. Smiley I will get to test-drive one again end of this month but lease cost is way too high for me.

Range Rover Sport SVR (worth around 158k EUR)? Special lease offer for 1300 EUR but with 10k km per year only.

Also found three new Ferrari Portofino (not the latest announced model) for 2200 EUR a month. Not bad, wife is actually thinking about it.

McLaren? Well, 600LT Spider offer was around 3500 EUR per month, we may get one for 3000. Speaking of 3000: This is what Porsche Financial asks for a 992.1 Carrera 4 Convertible worth around 185k EUR. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I would wait for the first +30% depreciation and then get one - reason for high leases is that OEMS have no more confidence in their own residual values after 3 years.... - actually Ferrari still has pretty confident "remaining value" calculations

BjoernB:

I would wait for the first +30% depreciation and then get one - reason for high leases is that OEMS have no more confidence in their own residual values after 3 years.... - actually Ferrari still has pretty confident "remaining value" calculations

You are right but the problem is that used Porsche have no really good lease offers, meaning that they might actually cost the same when you lease them...or even more. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Lamborghini SC20

Lamborghini Squadra Corse presents the SC20, a unique specimen of an open-top track car type-approved for road use. The SC20 is the second one-off engineered by the motorsport department and designed by Centro Stile in Sant’Agata Bolognese: the car was created following the customer’s wishes, who was involved in the project from the very first drawings by Lamborghini’s designers.

angry

When cars had a top speed of 40mph, lack of a windscreen was understandable. Now? It’s either artwork or for posing.

mcdelaug:

When cars had a top speed of 40mph, lack of a windscreen was understandable. Now? It’s either artwork or for posing.

Both? Smiley Smiley

I love the Aventador. I adore the Sian (a piece of pure art). The SC20 looks weird. As if someone tried too hard. This car has too many corners and edges, I don't even know how to describe it. I get nervous (not in a positive way) just looking at it. Maybe it looks better in person but on the other hand, since this is one of those "one off" cars, does it really matter what I or anyone else thinks? Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Looks like a Hot Wheels car. A positive if you're a kid, silly if you're an adult. 

Then again I'm older than my years and stuffy compared to RC. I have a co-worker with an Aventador in grigio esotique? with brown leather interior and regular silver wheels and to my eyes it's the best looking one I've seen. But I'm a fan of brutes in suits or gangsters wearing Savile Row (Probably why I like Astons) as opposed to wearing a Vilebrequin swimsuit and a gold medallion. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mithras:

Looks like a Hot Wheels car. A positive if you're a kid, silly if you're an adult. 

Then again I'm older than my years and stuffy compared to RC. I have a co-worker with an Aventador in grigio esotique? with brown leather interior and regular silver wheels and to my eyes it's the best looking one I've seen. But I'm a fan of brutes in suits or gangsters wearing Savile Row (Probably why I like Astons) as opposed to wearing a Vilebrequin swimsuit and a gold medallion. 

90% of the Lambo owners I met here in Bavaria are serious business people and/or even intellectuals. Smiley 

The last one I met was around 40-50 and the most successful criminal trial lawyer in the region. Smiley No, I didn't need him Smiley, I just met him when he picked up his new car.

The remaining 10% are usually people of foreign descent or the kind of people I wouldn't exactly associate myself with (30-60, tattoos, usually at least 20 years younger girlfriend in the upper age group Smiley). I haven't seen one of them with a gold watch or gold medallion but yes, one couple (he was over 60, she was under 30 Smiley) wore matching AP skeleton watches (each over 100k) and the other one (both around 30) had more tattoos than I have moles. Smiley

I have photos of both (they kind of made it on my pics, don't know why Smiley) but of course I won't and wouldn't post them, not even with covered faces. My sales guy reads this forum, I do not want to put him in a difficult position. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Sorry, I didn't mean the person driving them, it was a metaphor for the car itself. the difference between these two even though they're the same car. I like the loud car in a Savile Row suit like the top, many others like the sense of occasion in the bottom. 

--

Mithras:

Sorry, I didn't mean the person driving them, it was a metaphor for the car itself. the difference between these two even though they're the same car. I like the loud car in a Savile Row suit like the top, many others like the sense of occasion in the bottom. 

This is the beauty of Lamborghini, you can go elegant or flashy. Smiley

I think this is valid for Ferrari as well to some point. 

--

RC:

This is the beauty of Lamborghini, you can go elegant or flashy. Smiley

I think this is valid for Ferrari as well to some point. 

A Lamborghini is loud, crotch high origami on wheels.  It is never elegant outside the very small world of a couple of car forums.  People who know nothing about cars would guess it is a brand ending in an "i" regardless of the color.

I don't know...if this one isn't elegant, what is it? Sporty? Nope. Flashy? Nope.

aventador_lp700_roadster_66.jpg

Btw: Basically 100% (no kidding) of the rich guys I know in our region own a Lamborghini. No matter if they drive mostly elegant cars (Bentley, RR, Aston Martin, etc.) or sporty cars. They have one Lambo in common: The Urus. It is amazing how well the Urus seems to sell in Germany considering it's design approach and price.

Even die hard Ferrari owners (I know a guy who owns over a dozen Ferrari) own an Urus. Incredible.

--

Restrained?

--

There is no try. Just do.

Advise your rich friends to look at the Cullinan or even the new Bentayga(looks a bit better than first version). 

The Urus is an SUV. Sporty and high sitting 2.5tons is not matching in a sane world. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Pentium:

Restrained?

Smiley Smiley

--

the-missile:

Advise your rich friends to look at the Cullinan or even the new Bentayga(looks a bit better than first version). 

I have one friend who wanted to order the Cullinan but ordered the new Ghost instead. He also owns a F8 Tributo Spider and other cars. Smiley Bentayga? Bentley in general seems to be "dead" in these circles, I wonder why??? The last Continental looks good and is a good car. Smiley

The Urus is an SUV. Sporty and high sitting 2.5tons is not matching in a sane world. 

Drive it. You'd be surprised. I wish my Trackhawk had the agility of the Urus. 

--

There's very little "U" in the Urus's SUV. The footprint of the trunk is large but because the roof is so low there's not much room. Fine for some groceries but wouldn't hold my family of four's stuff going to our lake house for the weekend or a day of skiing. 

--

Mithras:

There's very little "U" in the Urus's SUV. The footprint of the trunk is large but because the roof is so low there's not much room. Fine for some groceries but wouldn't hold my family of four's stuff going to our lake house for the weekend or a day of skiing. 

This is why most Urus owners I know have a second (family) SUV. Smiley 

The Trackhawk for example (hotel owner from Garmisch) or that lawyer I met in Munich a Range Rover Autobiography. 

Cayenne and the new BMW X7 are also pretty common, also G63.

Very large SUVs are quite uncommon in Germany, the X7 is a rare car here. Those XL US SUVs even rarer. 

--

RC:
    Mithras:

I agree on the boot space versus the competition but on driving dynamics and performance   - the Urus is in a category of one. 

crayphile:
    RC:
    Mithras:

I agree on the boot space versus the competition but on driving dynamics and performance   - the Urus is in a category of one. 

Smiley It is. My Trackhawk is fast on straights but the Urus is like a SUV sports car, amazing curve capabilities for it's weight. I love the Urus, I wish I could afford one but it just didn't make sense for me (from a financial point of view).

--

Carfection drives the new Lamborghini Sian. Interesting comments on the supercapacitor hybrid system and transmission.  https://youtu.be/SFgLXZ9sKUc

CGX car nut:

Carfection drives the new Lamborghini Sian. Interesting comments on the supercapacitor hybrid system and transmission.  https://youtu.be/SFgLXZ9sKUc

Indeed; it seemed to me that the shifts the reviewer showed, were still quite slow by current dual clutch standards.  Smoother yes, but smooth and slow?  Was that what Aventador owners wanted?  Smiley

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

4trac:
    CGX car nut:

Indeed; it seemed to me that the shifts the reviewer showed, were still quite slow by current dual clutch standards.  Smoother yes, but smooth and slow?  Was that what Aventador owners wanted?  Smiley

But remember that the electric motor is adding torque fill during that shift.  Even though it’s only rated at 34 bhp, the torque add is instantaneously. 

CGX car nut:
    4trac:
    CGX car nut:

But remember that the electric motor is adding torque fill during that shift.  Even though it’s only rated at 34 bhp, the torque add is instantaneously. 

Yes I understood the torque fill will avoid the loss of momentum experienced with the original single clutch transmission, hence the shift will seem smoother / less jerky.  But my point was that the actual speed of swapping the cogs, does not seem to have changed, based on this brief video.  Admittedly that was not the reviewers focus, so we should wait until someone more aware of Lamborghini Aventadors drives it, if that happens.  But in principle the technology is fascinating esp. the capacitor energy storage.  

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

4trac:
    CGX car nut:

Still the old gearbox with some mods, isn’t it? 👀

This is how Lamborghini messed up Aventador sales: The gearbox is total crap, also makes the Aventador slower than it has to be.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688440 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408658 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255499 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234748 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65366 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857536 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773287 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM