Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2020] Formula 1

Mercedes already won the driver's and constructor's championships... they are thinking on next year now

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

One of the most boring race this year.

--

Whoopsy:

Indeed.

Mercedes had MGU-K problems so Max had no opponents in this race.

Hamilton "massively" affected by COVID aftereffects in F1 Abu Dhabi GP

Congratulations McLaren, 3rd place in the constructors championship.

Topspeed:
    Whoopsy:

Indeed.

Mercedes had MGU-K problems so Max had no opponents in this race.

Hamilton "massively" affected by COVID aftereffects in F1 Abu Dhabi GP

Congratulations McLaren, 3rd place in the constructors championship.

It's a shame to see where Ferrari ended... look at Honda, even they deliver an engine that can get you wins, I think that Ferrari needs to build up their team from the ground up new. I really dont see any light at the end of the tunnel. 6th place, even Alpha Tauri almos got them... 

Whoopsy:

Yes it was, but its also the track most of the races in Abu Dhabi are boring... there is a very big problem in F1 with track selections, I think its time to go back to old school tracks. Sure Spa does not give such a luxurios backrgound like Abu Dhabi, but the racing is on point! 

Carlos from Spain:

Mercedes already won the driver's and constructor's championships... they are thinking on next year now

They won long time ago and they are concentrating on next year for quite some time now, but belibve me they did want to end this year with a 1 2 victory and not like that.

Shaich:

It's a shame to see where Ferrari ended... look at Honda, even they deliver an engine that can get you wins, I think that Ferrari needs to build up their team from the ground up new. I really dont see any light at the end of the tunnel. 6th place, even Alpha Tauri almos got them... 

Ferrari's problem. Well, think it was due to the lat few years how they used burning oil as a power adder to be competitive, and now that they sort of got caught and had to remove those 'additions', they are quite a bit down on power.

They do have a whole year now to work on the engine output, hopefully they can get back to where they are.

Redbull always had a great chassis and aero package, so that Honda engine didn't quite have to work as hard, next year however would be the unknown for them.

With McLaren getting the Mercedes engine starting next year, I think they could challenge Redbull for #2 with Ricciardo and Norris.. Racing Point of course would be up there, but they are handicapped with a inferior 2nd driver. 

--

Read somewhere that Red Bull's current aero design (high rake) is more likely to be adversely affected by the planned 2021 changes to reduce downforce. In particular reducing the width of the car in front of the rear wheels may impact RB more than the other leading manufacturers. Will be interesting to see how they manage this.

Whoopsy:
    Shaich:

Ferrari's problem. Well, think it was due to the lat few years how they used burning oil as a power adder to be competitive, and now that they sort of got caught and had to remove those 'additions', they are quite a bit down on power.

They do have a whole year now to work on the engine output, hopefully they can get back to where they are.

Redbull always had a great chassis and aero package, so that Honda engine didn't quite have to work as hard, next year however would be the unknown for them.

With McLaren getting the Mercedes engine starting next year, I think they could challenge Redbull for #2 with Ricciardo and Norris.. Racing Point of course would be up there, but they are handicapped with a inferior 2nd driver. 

Smiley

DJM48:

Read somewhere that Red Bull's current aero design (high rake) is more likely to be adversely affected by the planned 2021 changes to reduce downforce. In particular reducing the width of the car in front of the rear wheels may impact RB more than the other leading manufacturers. Will be interesting to see how they manage this.

Think I read the same thing a while ago. The Redbull car is the best chassis if one takes away the engine performance part. 

The car is literally shrink wrapped around the current aero rules and not much wiggle room. 

--

Perez to partner Verstappen at Red Bull in 2021, as Albon becomes reserve driver | Formula 1®

Now its official, Perez will join Red Bull, I guess now he can say thank you to Vettel...smiley There is nothing better that could have happned to him, the second best car in the grid. Now he must deliver and show what he can. Lets see how much slower he will be than Max. I guess one never knows what tomorrow will bring. I am sure he neber was dreaming about driving for Red Bull at the beginning of the 2020 season.

I hope he will give max some fight... wink

Shaich:

Perez to partner Verstappen at Red Bull in 2021, as Albon becomes reserve driver | Formula 1®

Now its official, Perez will join Red Bull, I guess now he can say thank you to Vettel...smiley There is nothing better that could have happned to him, the second best car in the grid. Now he must deliver and show what he can. Lets see how much slower he will be than Max. I guess one never knows what tomorrow will bring. I am sure he neber was dreaming about driving for Red Bull at the beginning of the 2020 season.

It had to happen didn't it Smiley

Pleased for Perez.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

throt:
    Shaich:

Pleased for Perez.

Yes he deserved it, especially after having to leave his team for reasons that make me shake my head Smiley. I never taught that I would see him in a top team. I hope taht he can at least keep up with Max, but not sure about that. But still I was kinda hoping for Hulk to come back, I wilke Hulk very sypatic driver with great talent IMO.

Shaich:
    throt:
    Shaich:

Pleased for Perez.

Yes he deserved it, especially after having to leave his team for reasons that make me shake my head Smiley. I never taught that I would see him in a top team. I hope taht he can at least keep up with Max, but not sure about that. But still I was kinda hoping for Hulk to come back, I wilke Hulk very sypatic driver with great talent IMO.

Agree, Hulk must be pissed. Underrated driver imo

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Does thins thought crosses anyone's mind?

Now that Perez is team-mate with Max, could he actually be faster than Max? 

Max had always bene in a top notch car, while perhaps not as good as the Mercedes, but could it be the car that got him his results? (same argument about Hamilton is only this good because of Mercedes, but then everyone else forgot he also drove a McLaren to win his first championship, and also beat Alonso straight up in the same car.)

May not happen, but what if Perez has better results than Max for say the first couple races, would Max crumpled under the pressure? I mean, Max has one of the most fragile mentality on the grid, he could be rattled by the performance of Perez. 

Perez started off as a paid driver, but then over the years as he matured, he has proven himself to be a 'pretty good' driver, getting result even in not the best cars, so it's proven that he can drive. 

--

Imo, Max will be quicker. And as a driver quicker next season Smiley

Albon just did not push him. Perez shouldl though when he gets the measure of the RB.

Was a massive teller of how good that Merc was, when Ham couldn't drive it due to Covid. Good car and good driver, Perez should finish in the top 4 in 21, anything less and it'll be a bad season.

McLaren with the Merc engine should spice it up though.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Max a fragile mentality? The first two years maybe. He’s grown to be a real mature driver imo. Furthermore, he’s like Leclerc and Russel; the type of guy who gets the most out of a car. The last RB was a b1tch to drive most of the times, something which made Albon really weary, and also made Max spin out every now and then. I think Perez is a great driver, and he’ll definitely be closer to Max than Albon was. I also think there may be some fireworks and possible even crashes between the two in the beginning of the season, but I don’t think Perez will crack Max

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

I think that Max will be most of the time faster, I am quite sure that he is one of the biggest talents in F1 today and dont forget that the car is build up only around him. I would be very surprised if Perez could give him a proper fight, he will need time to adjust to the car I think. I also belive that max has matured and is not fragile mentally, he seems very calm most of the time. I think Perez is good but TBH I dont think it takes much to shine next to Stroll. And it will be a very good 1 2 pairing where Max will lead the team. 

But I hope I am wrong and that we will get a real fight devil

Hey I didn’t realise there is a thread for my other fav topic here (aside from Fitness). Hello guys. 😊

Perez will not beat Max. No chance. Max has more natural speed and Perez isn’t the greatest qualifier either. So most of the time Checo will start 4th at best, but we all know tyre management is where he shines so watch out for him on the occasional race. I mean, Dan Ric couldn’t beat Max consistently so what is the chance of Checo doing so?

Btw who are your top 5 drivers (in order) for 2020? I thought the ranking by team principals vs drivers were quite interesting. 

My top 5 performance wise:

1.Ham/Max (I think more or less the same)

2.Ricardio (very constant and great results its just amazin what he did with the Renault, I hope McLaren can give him a decent car next year)

3.Leclerc (he made this shi**y car sometimes work)

4.Perez (he could have dome better with this car)

Also to be mentioned:

Gasly great performance. IMO 

Hulkenberg just showed that he deserves a seat in F1, its a shame that so many drivers are for the wrong reasons in F1.

New Year Honours: Lewis Hamilton knighted as Rob Burrow becomes MBE

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/55475887

Thoroughly deserved!

AEE40382-8458-45FE-87A6-57258B95B288.jpeg

Hopefully, we will have a niccccce first press conference with Sir Lewis in Australia then. kiss

d997h:

Hopefully, we will have a niccccce first press conference with Sir Lewis in Australia then. kiss

Sir Lewis Smiley.

Doe not sound right does it.?.

Not a fan but good luck to him Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

The Black Knight. Lol. Good for him! 

Sir Lewis Hamilton: The knight is unemployed in F1 as Mercedes’ parents Daimler refuse lofty demands; George Russell on standby

Negotiation tactic?

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-sir-lewis-hamilton-the-knight-is-unemployed-in-f1-as-mercedes-parents-daimler-refuse-to-accept...

JoeRockhead:

Sir Lewis Hamilton: The knight is unemployed in F1 as Mercedes’ parents Daimler refuse lofty demands; George Russell on standby

Negotiation tactic?

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-sir-lewis-hamilton-the-knight-is-unemployed-in-f1-as-mercedes-parents-daimler-refuse-to-accept...

If he didn't secure a seat not many would care, imo. He has enough crinklies to retire now.. Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

JoeRockhead:

Negotiation tactic?

You can't be asking too much to your employer when you know you can be easily substituted by someone else, Mercedes (if they maintain the same dominance) can win the next championship with a handful of current drivers including a rookie, extremely talented one at that, but a rookie like GR. The other way around its not true, if Ham drives something else than a Merc next season he can kiss winning goodbye again. If he doesn't sign for Mercedes I bet he retires rather than racing with another car against a Merc.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

There aren't any good seats left for him to jump ship. 

But if Red Bull had a open seat, Hamilton could very well win the driver's championship with a Red Bull car if Red Bull setup the car to his liking. Even against Bottas and Russell in a Mercedes.

No chance any further down the grid however, the other teams are just a bit too far behind.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803644 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448662 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266252 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90136 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6685 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885958 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833727 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM