Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Toyota Yaris GR

spudgun:

Carlos:

Yes, one way road, thank god 😄 

Cobbled roads aren't that bad, at least when you can keep your speed up. Lots of them in my neck of the woods.

That one looks in pretty good shape actually, but they tend to get uneven with bumps after time and when that happens they are a pain in the arse, specially if you use a GTS as a daily. Besides big maintenance they are slippery when wet too. Hate them, they were all the rage during the  Roman empire, but it's 2020 indecision 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Porker:
    nberry:

What is the attraction of this car? A Mini Cooper looks better and probably is safer and cheaper. Also, for a DD I want something that is safe. I would hate to be in an accident in this car. It looks like it would crushed along with its passengers like an accordion.cheeky I don’t get it.

Does it occur to you that some people buy a car because of the way it drives?

Smiley I think Nick is a little bit stuck with Ferrari, Porsche and...Toyota. Oh wait. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

wantone:
    nberry:

What is the attraction of this car? A Mini Cooper looks better and probably is safer and cheaper. Also, for a DD I want something that is safe. I would hate to be in an accident in this car. It looks like it would crushed along with its passengers like an accordion.cheeky I don’t get it.

Smiley

Tommi Makinen was advisor on the development of this car. It is a rally car similar to the Delta Integrale. The Mini in FWD. This is 4wd car and can send up to 70% of torque in the rear. 1.6 lt engine with 270 PS output? You won't find this in the Mini.

It is very rare that someone will build such a car today.

I doubt Nick (nberry) knows the Lancia... 😂

As a little hint, Nick: Over 36(!) years ago, I was wiping the floor with basically every stock Porsche (Turbo maybe being one exception) in my Lancia Delta HF Integrale. 😉 For a fraction of the price tag of a Porsche. It was pretty easy to tune these cars (actually, you just had to play with a screw on a linkage to raise boost pressure and get a 30-40 hp power gain...on a 1200-1300 kg car with AWD).

My HF Integrale had over 280 hp with a custom made water injection but even the stock car was fast as hell, under 6.0 seconds were quite impressive in 1984 or so.

These cars were rally homologation cars, only made to sell a certain amount of cars, so they can be used for rally racing.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

nberry:

Look, I get that many of you are enamored with the  performance of a small toss-able car. But most of you own high performance cars designed for high speeds and drivability. For that you pay six figures.

This car is very small light weight car dangerous enough not to be allowed to be driven on US street. It will not come close to out performing your high performance sport cars but dangerous enough to get you killed at less than high speeds.

Finally, it's downright ugly. It's no wonder women wouldn't want to be seen driving in nor their husbands/boyfriends.

Nick is a troll as we have seen in the past lol. Surely he isn’t so naive that he thinks the reason why GR Yaris is not sold in the US is because it’s “dangerous enough not to be allowed to be driven in US street” lol. A normal Yaris is a 5 star Euro NCAP car (GR yet to be tested I believe) but it’s clearly less safe than some of the coffin on wheels produced in the US. 

Why am I a troll? Because I don’t like a car you like and give my reasons for not liking it? Should I join the rest and bow down and salute every car that is posted on this blog even though I think it’s a piece of shit? Sorry, it’s not me. I tell it like it is even though not posting my feels will make the poster happy. When someone posts, they should expect blowback UNLESS the blog is frequented only by sycophants. Smiley

Christian, you’re right, I’m not familiar with the Lancia. Do they still build them? indecision

FWIW, I had a modified Stingray 650 hp that destroyed Porsche’s and Ferrari’s. Beating Porsche’s in those days was nothing to brag about. The only problem with it is that it got about five miles a gallon and I burned a quart of oil each time I drove it. surprise

--

The only easy day was yesterday..

Nick, the GR Yaris is perfectly adapted to our narrow European roads on any type of weather and it doesn’t attract unwanted attention like the other cars you mentioned do. It’s a driver’s car and it’s fun to drive without worrying too much about the cost. Also it’s priceless to see the surprise of other drivers when you disappear in front of them on a twisty mountain road Smiley The video posted here with the GR Yaris overtaking the tuned Golf and the 911 it’s a good example. 

Also if I might add, the beauty is still in the eye of the beholder, right? And even so, some of us cherish the driving experience more than looks or quality of interior materials.

Have fun driving your toys too! Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

Porker:

I've had my long awaited test yesterday. I wasn't allowed to drive it alone, the salesman had to come with me 'because it's a very powerful car" 

But the car itself, whow. I really, really enjoyed it. You feel a depth of engineering through every facet of the car, the gearshift feel so tight/precise for example. Unlike anything you've experienced in a car of this class. The chassis feels incredibly tied down and feels like it could take all the abuse you could throw at it. I was impressed by the grip it found in greasy conditions. The brakes feel very powerful, same feeling, they would last even on track. The engine feels strong, more so than expected, very much forced induction in character but charming because of it. The seats are great, and the points of contact felt nice, the steering wheel and the gear knob especially feel like quality items. The rest of the interior unfortunately is a joke. Very, bland and plasticky. Seating position is way too high for me and strangely the rearview mirror is completely in your line of sight if you're tall, so much so that I'd have to remove it.

The points aside, completely in love with that car. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for my girlfriend, she was horrified when she saw the photos

After your above eulogy you must be wondering why you have thrown money down the drain on RS Porsches and the multi-cylinder Ferrari Smiley

It's good that the girlfriend keeps things in balance. Smiley

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

nberry:

Why am I a troll? Because I don’t like a car you like and give my reasons for not liking it? Should I join the rest and bow down and salute every car that is posted on this blog even though I think it’s a piece of shit? Sorry, it’s not me. I tell it like it is even though not posting my feels will make the poster happy. When someone posts, they should expect blowback UNLESS the blog is frequented only by sycophants. Smiley

Oh c'mon, you know how he meant it: He didn't mean you're an intentional troll. Calling the Yaris GR a piece of shit is really uncalled for because, you may have noticed, many of us here are quite impressed with that little fellow.

Christian, you’re right, I’m not familiar with the Lancia. Do they still build them? indecision

Once Lancia was done with rally racing, they stopped building them. Again, homologation car (google it). A friend has an Evoluzione, put a lot of money into it to make it like new, amazing car and a real eye catcher for car enthusiasts here in Europe.

Lancia-Delta-Integrale-Pagoda-Classics-36-e1562604236922.jpg

FWIW, I had a modified Stingray 650 hp that destroyed Porsche’s and Ferrari’s. Beating Porsche’s in those days was nothing to brag about. The only problem with it is that it got about five miles a gallon and I burned a quart of oil each time I drove it. surprise

Oh c'mon, that Stingray barely put half of the power on the road up to 100 mph. Smiley Smiley 

--

Porker:

The points aside, completely in love with that car. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for my girlfriend, she was horrified when she saw the photos. 

Smiley I just mentioned, delicately, to my wife that there is a small chance I would get a Yaris GR, showed her a video on YouTube and her face changed from an interested happy face to a "are you out of your friggin' mind" face. Smiley Smiley

--

explain the difference in Bags and Love bracelets indecision

BjoernB:

Smiley Smiley

--

Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

Carlos, I don't disagree. I understand the allure. I wouldn't be caught dead (punindecision) in it for the reasons I have outlined.kiss

It actually doesn't look bad in real life, but it's a daily driver, you drive a Honda SUV I believe, I don't get the difference?

Shall i post pics of my shitbox. I still live in the real world Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

RC:
    Porker:

The points aside, completely in love with that car. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for my girlfriend, she was horrified when she saw the photos. 

Smiley I just mentioned, delicately, to my wife that there is a small chance I would get a Yaris GR, showed her a video on YouTube and her face changed from an interested happy face to a "are you out of your friggin' mind" face. Smiley Smiley

This is a problem, my Mrs caught me researching the GR on my laptop, she thinks I've totally lost it Smiley

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

2021 McLaren 765LT incoming 

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN sold to a worthy enthusiast.

throt:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

Carlos, I don't disagree. I understand the allure. I wouldn't be caught dead (punindecision) in it for the reasons I have outlined.kiss

It actually doesn't look bad in real life, but it's a daily driver, you drive a Honda SUV I believe, I don't get the difference?

I don't know, the shock may be too big for Nick Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    throt:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

Now if he drives a Toyota RAV4, I would laugh so hard... Smiley

--

throt:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

Do it so that we can see what hairy chested men drive in the real world. 

nberry:

--

No, you’re not a troll because you don’t like the car. You’re a troll because you make up stuff like how unsafe a GR Yaris is and how it’s so unsafe that it’s not even allowed to be driven in US roads which are just complete fabrication. Given that the US produce some pretty unsafe cars, I would think that you are trolling. Unless of course you are just not educated about cars which is a possibility. 

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    throt:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

--

I do like the new RAV 4 PHEV. Never driven one but looks kinda tough and it’s pretty fast unlike HRVs!

WAY:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:
    throt:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

--

I do like the new RAV 4 PHEV. Never driven one but looks kinda tough and it’s pretty fast unlike HRVs!

I shall be so bloody lucky Smiley

If you read below my sig, that's what i refer to as the shitbox Smiley. That is my baby, goes like shit off a shovel  Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

I bring my baby to the Rennteam meet in the Alps.

Super powers is meant to be organising the get together. indecision

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:

Oh boy...organizing will be a bitch. Smiley

--

BjoernB:

Smiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

WAY:
    nberry:

--

No, you’re not a troll because you don’t like the car. You’re a troll because you make up stuff like how unsafe a GR Yaris is and how it’s so unsafe that it’s not even allowed to be driven in US roads which are just complete fabrication. Given that the US produce some pretty unsafe cars, I would think that you are trolling. Unless of course you are just not educated about cars which is a possibility. 

Again with the personal attacks? Smiley Don't be so insecure. I will not respond. I refuse to stoop low.Smiley

This much I know. The car will not be sold in the US and there are several reasons as to why not. Take your pick.Smiley  Buy that piece of shit and enjoy it. I could careless.Smiley

--

Carlos from Spain:
    throt:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

haha, the "thing" has character  Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

RC:
    throt:

Oh boy...organizing will be a bitch. Smiley

Yep,

50 or so sign up, 5 actually turn up Smiley

I be in attendance with Dreamcar, so that's two. 3 if JohnH comes along Smiley 

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

nberry:
    WAY:
    nberry:

--

Again with the personal attacks? Smiley Don't be so insecure. I will not respond. I refuse to stoop low.Smiley

This much I know. The car will not be sold in the US and there are several reasons as to why not. Take your pick.Smiley  Buy that piece of shit and enjoy it. I could careless.Smiley

Lol don’t change Nick. And maybe when you want to express your opinion on something don’t do it by making stuff up to support your argument...unless you think it’s a trait of your President worthy of mimicking. 

Let us not forget, Nick doesn't know how to drive a manual and any car that comes with a manual nowadays belongs to a dinosaur age..... yes

Sport Auto: Mini JCW vs Toyota Yaris 'GR'

HHR - 2.09,6 / 2.03,8

Slalom 18 m: 67,6 km/h / 70,9 km/h

Acceleration:

0-40: 2,3 / 1,5
    0-100: 6,8 / 5,4
    0-160: 14,6 / 12,5
    0-200: 24,6 / 21,9

Top Speed: 246 km/h / 230 km/h

Braking:

100-0(Cold): 35,6 m  /  35,6 m
    100-0(Warm): 35,6 m / 33,6 m
    200-0(Warm): 145,0 m / 136,8 m

Weight: 1,273 kg  /  1,285 kg

Tires: Pirelli P Zero / Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Points (100):  50  /  69

How much a Mini JCW costs?

--

There is no try. Just do.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM