Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2020] Formula 1

What race to watch. So happy for Perez to win and put another black eye on Stroll senior.

I partially called the race, Max out first, and Russell, Ocon and other young guys fighting. Didn't quite happened but Russell was leading for the longest time and Ocon made it to the podium.

Russell, what can one say, impressive at the start, and even after the tire fuck up, he was FLYING to catch up again just to get his first points. 

Bottas, well, it just doesn't look good on him. He is vey fast on a one lap qualifying pace, but once there is traffic around he doesn't seems to do that well.

--

I think Russell absolutely shone here. What a talent, and it would be awesome to see him get another shot next weekend if Lewis can't race. Merc should be ashamed though, inexcusable gaff with the tires. mail

Hamilton is on "vacation" and F1 is totally up side down... I still dont undestad how mercedes did that, especailly as tehre was no need for an additional stop! I think they owe GR and apollogy! And now we all know, Bittas is just not good anough as a driver! Just imagine what GR can do with that car if it is properly fitted to his size and needs. Really loved his pass on Valteri, great racing.

CGX car nut:

Russel’s puncture might have come from debris from his regular race car. How unfortunate.  

Yup.

Latifi caused the first VSC.

The other Williams driver(forgot the name) caused the 2nd SC. Mercedes in a hurry mixed the tires. After that GR probably got a puncture from it.

Williams denying GR victory...

Here was his Wiki page a few minutes ago. It's already been removed.. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 2.04.51 PM.png

Shaich:

Hamilton is on "vacation" and F1 is totally up side down... I still dont undestad how mercedes did that, especailly as tehre was no need for an additional stop! I think they owe GR and apollogy! And now we all know, Bittas is just not good anough as a driver! Just imagine what GR can do with that car if it is properly fitted to his size and needs. Really loved his pass on Valteri, great racing.

The Germans in charge, probably Toto, think too much. The last pitstop were suppose to cover the other guys on the restart with fresh tires, on paper they had enough time, but didn't quite work out their way.

If it was Lewis driving , he would have probably over-ruled the decision and stayed out.

Heck, it's even funnier to see Toto said fuck up on live TV Smiley They really did fucked it up, it was an easy 1-2 for them.

--

Still think it's not too late for Stroll senior to can his son next year and make room for Perez. 

Going from last to first, baby Stroll simply won't have the skillset to do that. 

--

It is clear GR deserves Bottas car if Hamilton when Hamilton comes back, and juat let the best man win, if they don't give it to him then we all know why 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Onboard radio. Russell should have stick to his instinct, he wanted to stay out instead of pitting.

Imagine F1 changing regulations and bans pitstop initiation by pit crew, and the drivers themselves have to make the decision when to pit. That would be exciting racing.

--

Carlos from Spain:

It is clear GR deserves Bottas car if Hamilton when Hamilton comes back, and juat let the best man win, if they don't give it to him then we all know why 

if you were Mercedes, would you want to change a winning team? 

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Gauss:
    Carlos from Spain:

True, their car is so far ahead of the competition that they don't even need a second car to better their chances, so they get someone as bad as Bottas that can't even win in a Mercedes, to just stay out of the way and let Ham look good.

Even a 2nd tier driver like Rosberg could complicate things, Ros even took one of the championships, imagine what would happen if they put someone like GR in Bottas car... will never happen, not while Ham is in Mercedes. That is what I was implying.

--

Yes I know and you are right. It would spice things up and the sport would be more interesting to watch. However, there's a lot of money involved and in many years it's only statistics that count.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Carlos from Spain:
    Gauss:
    Carlos from Spain:

True, their car is so far ahead of the competition that they don't even need a second car to better their chances, so they get someone as bad as Bottas that can't even win in a Mercedes, to just stay out of the way and let Ham look good.

Even a 2nd tier driver like Rosberg could complicate things, Ros even took one of the championships, imagine what would happen if they put someone like GR in Bottas car... will never happen, not while Ham is in Mercedes. That is what I was implying.

--

Hamilton would have gone on just fine no matter who the other guy is. Look no farther than Alonso. Alonso literally freaks out the moment he found out that 'rookie' is faster than him. Heck, even Rosberg freaks out when paired with Hamilton, and Rosberg only won the champion that year cause Lewis has bad racing luck. Had Lewis' engine didn't blew up while he was leading the Malaysia GP, the Championship would have gone to Hamilton.

Now what if Mercedes have Russell instead of Russell racing with Hamilton? That would be 2022 at least, it would means Lewis will be in his twilight of his career, could he be still as competitive as he is now? Very likely. Could Russell handle the pressure of having other cars around him in races? Pretty sure he can handle that better than Bottas. Would Lewis be a mentor to Russell? Very likely too, cause Lewis will be retiring soon and helping a fellow Brit would be the right thing to do. Pretty sure Hamilton would be more receptive to have Russell as his ruling mate and heir apparent. 

Russell is that good, his results with Williams not withstanding. 

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Gauss:
    Carlos from Spain:

--

Let's not forget that Hamilton's car suffered 5 instances of unusual for Mercedes crippling unreliability in 2016, that all changed the race result; including a rare engine failure  in Malaysia whilst leading for a definite win.

In the end Rosberg won by only 5 points and with 9 wins against LH's 10.

Let's not be in haste to pass on crown to new boy Russell. He has shown promise in his first race in a serious car but he has a lot of work to do until he is mentioned alongside the Greats of the sport.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

GR was awesome. Just proves what we were saying bout having a good horse indecision.

Conducts himself so well when being interviewed too. Nothing false, heart on sleeve and natural.

Max on a Merc would be v tasty

Russells overtakes were up there with D Ric , Max and all. 

Lets hope hams not ready for the next race. indecision

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Whoopsy:
    Shaich:

Heck, it's even funnier to see Toto said fuck up on live TV Smiley They really did fucked it up, it was an easy 1-2 for them.

It’s was absolutely hilarious. I nearly spat out my tea. Come out of the blue that one.Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

well Toto made good money yesterday helping RP to become 3rd in constructors title......it's all f..up in F1

BjoernB:

well Toto made good money yesterday helping RP to become 3rd in constructors title......it's all f..up in F1

And protecting the image of LH in the process.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Still, who would have thought that this season would be such entertaining ? Season 2020, me likey indecision

Topspeed:

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley Smiley

throt:
    Whoopsy:
    Shaich:

It’s was absolutely hilarious. I nearly spat out my tea. Come out of the blue that one.Smiley

I had to do a instant rewind on my PVR to make sure I heard what I thought I heard Smiley

They threw away a sure thing 1-2 finish with that fuck up. Toto looks quite calm on tv despite the slip. For sure he is very displeased underneath.

--

Pentium:
    BjoernB:

+1

Spyderidol:
    Pentium:
    BjoernB:

+1

And looking like morons themselves in the process. Smiley

Some "coincidences" are just too hard to be believed.

BjoernB:

Once a trader, always a trader Smiley

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Amazing safety tech at work and a lot of luck, I'd say. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803569 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448644 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266238 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90128 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6672 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885940 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833603 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM