Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Welcome to the new Taycan Forum!

--

This is great. I assume they're going to tackle the equally important problem of world hunger. Or is it Covid vaccine distribution?

KMM:

This is great. I assume they're going to tackle the equally important problem of world hunger. Or is it Covid vaccine distribution?

The second bit is easy. Just have citizens and legal residents lined up with tier government issued ID ready, a dose for each valid person.Smiley

First bit will need global mentality change. People seem wanting to have babies and not want anyone to die, there is only one outcome, over crowded, and that means not enough food to go around, especially when people want to go 'green' and 'safe the planet', where and how will there be enough farmland and land for housing for all the people?Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    KMM:

The second bit is easy. Just have citizens and legal residents lined up with tier government issued ID ready, a dose for each valid person.Smiley

First bit will need global mentality change. People seem wanting to have babies and not want anyone to die, there is only one outcome, over crowded, and that means not enough food to go around, especially when people want to go 'green' and 'safe the planet', where and how will there be enough farmland and land for housing for all the people?Smiley

World hunger could be easily solved with genetically modified foods. Smiley Something even Greenpeace realized but many environmental activist organizations avoid this topic. Ideologies are more important than human lives. Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    KMM:

World hunger could be easily solved with genetically modified foods. Smiley Something even Greenpeace realized but many environmental activist organizations avoid this topic. Ideologies are more important than human lives. Smiley 

What with this people must die business?  Overpopulation?  Really. Take a drive one hour outside a city if you don’t see vast open space let me know.

Leawood911:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:
    KMM:

What with this people must die business?  Overpopulation?  Really. Take a drive one hour outside a city if you don’t see vast open space let me know.

This is the same as arguing that global warming is not real because there is plenty of snow in your area...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I see the Club of Rome is back, ...... again.  This stuff made me tired way back in graduate school.

All I can say is, "Oh no ... not again."

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Taycan Turbo + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:
    KMM:

This is the same as arguing that global warming is not real because there is plenty of snow in your area...

The only similarity is that both these notions cling to straw men arguments and fear based persuasion to remain believable.  Neither can stand actual science taking a close look or live up to predictions. Smiley

Is your argument that you can’t have overpopulation if open spaces exist on the planet? If so, you don’t understand the concept of overpopulation and its meaning.Smiley

--

A good memory is fine but the ability to forget is the one true test of greatness.

nberry:

Is your argument that you can’t have overpopulation if open spaces exist on the planet? If so, you don’t understand the concept of overpopulation and its meaning.Smiley

--

A good memory is fine but the ability to forget is the one true test of greatness.

I’m saying to watch out for science which vilifies humans and seeks to limit population.  
    There is understanding overpopulation and then there is believing we are near the end of times. 

What gives you that theory?

--

U.S. Census shows that the US population is increasing gradually, but birth rate declining overall since 1950

Wonderbar:

U.S. Census shows that the US population is increasing gradually, but birth rate declining overall since 1950

The world is much more than the US; birth rates in many countries are well below replacement rates, and this will be very difficult to change.  China is near peak population now, other Asian countries not far behind, and only African countries are so far defying the birth slowdown. Bottom line is many experts on demographics are now accepting "peak population", only question is exactly which decade.  

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

You forgot India, they caught and passed China as the most populated country now. In a smaller country by size.

--

and it's not just the overall number of the world population, it's how that population is distributed, those countries which have the least resources are the ones with the population are growing the most, i.e. the third world countries, which leads to famine, wars, uncontrolled use of natural resources (polluted water, deforestation, contamination, etc), etc.

--

Whoopsy:

You forgot India, they caught and passed China as the most populated country now. In a smaller country by size.

Didn't mention India, because they are not too far behind China; birth rate very near replacement already, and less than replacement in large cities.  Number of children has already peaked - back in 2007, and is now falling, meaning total population will also peak a few decades out.  China and india both shocked the birth system with government policies (one-child in China, large sterilization programs in India) but by now the gradual increase in education levels and decreases in severe poverty, always act to reduce births.  The data is very clear on all of this.... no longer much of a reason to subscribe to Club of Rome fears, unless someone has other motives....  

Now back to important things like Harris drifting Taycans... Smiley

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

Whoopsy:

True but sadly enough, I think that India is, regarding technology but also the population, at a much lower tech level.  In China, new technology and the benefits of modern life have caught up with people in bigger cities but in India? I'm not sure. This could be a problem sooner or later.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Taycan driving experience ...

Itsme:

Taycan driving experience ...

Yeah, I saw this video...absolutely SmileySmileySmiley.

I assume the driver kind of pressed the throttle accidentally (maybe he/she thought the "engine" is off) and since an EV has instant acceleration...well... Smiley

I just hope that this won't have the same consequences a similar accident had when the first Cayenne Turbo was introduced. First cars had a very spontaneous throttle response and after a US housewife hit a wall because of an accidental acceleration, Porsche delayed the throttle response for safety reasons. I felt so annoyed by this delayed throttle response that I wrote numerous letters to Porsche and even had a meeting with the Porsche rep for quality at Weissach development. He wasn't pleased at all (with meeting me, it was very obvious he only met because he was ordered to) and of course nothing happened (at that time) and I was even more furious and sent more letters to Porsche. I suggested offering different driving programs as a solution but I guess I was ahead of my time (first 955 gen). Smiley 

Instant acceleration will be an issue for EVs in the future, it probably already is and we haven't really learned about it yet. The heavier EVs are going to be, the more of an issue instant acceleration will be.

--

The Tesla has obstacle award acceleration. If someone or something is in the way the car will not go. Have tested it in my garage and you bet, the car will not Launch if there is only a few feet of garage ahead. 
    Of course self driving is just a fairytale.  Ignore all the beta testers around here making a joke of us claiming it will never work. 

Leawood911:

The Tesla has obstacle award acceleration. If someone or something is in the way the car will not go. Have tested it in my garage and you bet, the car will not Launch if there is only a few feet of garage ahead. 
    Of course self driving is just a fairytale.  Ignore all the beta testers around here making a joke of us claiming it will never work. 

so if someone s navigating me up a ramp the car won't move Smiley

Italo:
    Leawood911:

so if someone s navigating me up a ramp the car won't move Smiley

Please drive one. It f course it will move. It will not launch at full boogie. While it is rolling with someone in the way it will alert you and show that person and a distance measurement on the central screen. 

let me know how that test drive of a model 3 performance was. 

Both cars at 100% SoC
    Cheetah Mode enabled

Best part of that Youtube video is in the comment section, reading all the excuses Tesla fanboys trying to fabricate is priceless.

--

Whoopsy:

Best part of that Youtube video is in the comment section, reading all the excuses Tesla fanboys trying to fabricate is priceless.

Wow what a huge win. Good for Porsche. Imagine if just a fraction of a sec had been wasted. 
    If you think this detracts from the tiny margin vs the retail price.  Imagine if you can, the Tesla S coming out next year. 
    I would actually be more interested in my little car against your 4s on a track or drag race.  Or a residual value comp in 12 months. 

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

Wow what a huge win. Good for Porsche. Imagine if just a fraction of a sec had been wasted. 
    If you think this detracts from the tiny margin vs the retail price.  Imagine if you can, the Tesla S coming out next year. 
    I would actually be more interested in my little car against your 4s on a track or drag race.  Or a residual value comp in 12 months. 

Changing the goal post again?  This is about which is he faster car, simple as that, nothing to it. Porsche was supposed to be the faster car, and it is, but that's just a confirmation. If Porsche didn't come out on top, there is a problem.

And the Taycan will still come out on top if we swap the reaction time between the two drivers, so it's not the driver, it's the car.

As for you car vs my 4S, nah, I of course will bring out the 918 instead, a sledgehammer always works better than small hammer Smiley

But seriously, internet people need to stop trying to compare Teslas up to the Porsche. They occupy completely different segment of the market, no one cross shop between them, like no one cross shop a Rolls Royce with a Toyota or even BMW. Performance difference, fuel economy difference, range difference make absolutely no difference to the buying decision. Tesla is happy occupying the mainstream segment, and Porsche is very happy staying at the very top of the EV segment for the time being, they can co-exist happily. Yes there maybe a small fraction of Tesla owners that wanted a more luxurious interior, or a better brand, or a faster car and trade up to a Taycan, but that's not representative of the whole Tesla owner community, so that's nothing to worry about. Some people prefer to have more range in a EV car, or more value for their buck and stay with Tesla, that's ok too, it's a free market after all. 

--

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

Changing the goal post again?  This is about which is he faster car, simple as that, nothing to it. Porsche was supposed to be the faster car, and it is, but that's just a confirmation. If Porsche didn't come out on top, there is a problem.

Not to mention all the talk about the two-speed being useless on an EV car... didn't look useless on the video by looking how it pulled away when at speed, and the Taycan can do that all day long without fading. No point in doing another video with some turns in the track, the difference will be even bigger. They are just completely different cars, don't know why anybody true to compare them.

--

Whoopsy:

But seriously, internet people need to stop trying to compare Teslas up to the Porsche. They occupy completely different segment of the market, no one cross shop between them, like no one cross shop a Rolls Royce with a Toyota or even BMW. Performance difference, fuel economy difference, range difference make absolutely no difference to the buying decision. Tesla is happy occupying the mainstream segment, and Porsche is very happy staying at the very top of the EV segment for the time being, they can co-exist happily. Yes there maybe a small fraction of Tesla owners that wanted a more luxurious interior, or a better brand, or a faster car and trade up to a Taycan, but that's not representative of the whole Tesla owner community, so that's nothing to worry about. Some people prefer to have more range in a EV car, or more value for their buck and stay with Tesla, that's ok too, it's a free market after all. 

This is well written Nick.

I am also sick of all these Tesla vs Porsche comparison.

I have a few friends that love their Tesla.  I am happy for them, but I will never get one.  Well, other than Porsche, and an incoming Roma, I do not buy any other brands.  This does not mean I hate them or they are inferior.

I sometimes eat McDonald and always enjoy my Big Mac there, great value, made me full.  But I will never compare it to what I eat at the steakhouse.  They don't compare with each other, and these restaurants don't really care about each other.  I don't know why their customers should argue and compare.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S;  2019 Speedster

Targa Tim:
    Whoopsy:

This is well written Nick.

I am also sick of all these Tesla vs Porsche comparison.

I have a few friends that love their Tesla.  I am happy for them, but I will never get one.  Well, other than Porsche, and an incoming Roma, I do not buy any other brands.  This does not mean I hate them or they are inferior.

I sometimes eat McDonald and always enjoy my Big Mac there, great value, made me full.  But I will never compare it to what I eat at the steakhouse.  They don't compare with each other, and these restaurants don't really care about each other.  I don't know why their customers should argue and compare.

You should try Roma's Burger Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691096 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410197 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256244 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235423 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858844 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775142 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM