Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: Dreamcar is back in a Porsche!!

Mikla:

Very nice, enjoy!

Many thanks Mikla Smiley

--

Porsche 991/2 Carrera T Jet Black metallic / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

Leawood911:

Looks perfect. Exactly what I should trade my old turbo in for. 

Close to perfection for our needs - and one of the last narrow bodied 911’s - is it me or are 911’s  starting to get too big with the 992? Not that I’ve driven one yet!  (The T is only 8mm wider and 50 mm longer than our Boxster) Smiley

--

What a beauty DC ! So glad you could finally pick it up.

Enmanuel:

What a beauty DC ! So glad you could finally pick it up.

Thank you Emmanuel - can’t wait for our lockdown to lift so we can go fit a decent drive! Whiled away this afternoon fitting a dashcam...

--

Congratulations, fantastic-looking car and to me one of the most, if not the most, desirable model of the 991.2 range! Smiley I am just curious...I though the addition of the glass sunroof leads to the replacement of the side and rear plastic windows with the conventional glass windows? Smiley

Ziggy:

Congratulations, fantastic-looking car and to me one of the most, if not the most, desirable model of the 991.2 range! Smiley I am just curious...I though the addition of the glass sunroof leads to the replacement of the side and rear plastic windows with the conventional glass windows? Smiley

Thank you Ziggy, my understanding is specifying rear wiper or privacy glass then the thin glass is replaced, in which case the  car gets  rear window heating, which isn’t fitted on the thin glass. The switch for it is there it just doesn’t do anything!

--

Great car! What a beauty 👍🏻

Enjoy in good health

Lord_Driftalot:

Great car! What a beauty 👍🏻

Enjoy in good health

Thank you ! Smiley

--

I'm glad you took delivery DC, it's a beauty! I wish you a short lock downkiss

rhino:

I'm glad you took delivery DC, it's a beauty! I wish you a short lock downkiss

Thank you - the lockdown will end on 2nd December, to be replaced by a tiered system depending on what the infection rate is. I don’t expect the restrictions will be eased very much until Christmas. 

--

Congratulations. It looks very attractive.

A good diversion to counter the COVID bad mood.

Enjoy it kiss

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Such a good looking car, so happy for you that you could finally pick it up. wink

Can‘t go wrong with a black Porsche! kiss

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

reginos:

Enjoy it kiss

Thank you reginos! At last I hope we can see an end to this Covid nightmare! Be wonderful to get out and about again without fear of getting infected!

--

Rossi:

Such a good looking car, so happy for you that you could finally pick it up. wink

Can‘t go wrong with a black Porsche! kiss

Thank you - it does look great, although I have always tried to avoid black cars as they can be difficult to keep looking nice (the last black car I had was an Alfa Romeo GTV6 - the proper transaxle one from 1980, not the later badge engineered FIAT). The dealership are supposed to have put a “Gard-X” ceramic coating on it, but did a very poor job, if they did it at all,  and I am sending it back to be done properly. Normally I would have got an independent detailer to do the job, but it was thrown in free as part of the deal. Still want it done right though! Smiley

--

Nice looking car and I really like the seats. Enjoy it for many miles wink 

tso:

Nice looking car and I really like the seats. Enjoy it for many miles wink 

Thank you tso - we looked at a wide range of cars to find one that SWMBO could be comfortable in, from SUV’s to cars such as the 3 or 5 series BMW’s. She has always found Porsche seats comfortable, but the comparatively cramped cabin and harsh ride of the Boxster meant it had to go. We had 14 way “comfort” seats in our beloved 2006 Boxster S, these seats are even better, and maybe the SportTex material is softer than the leather. I’m no particular fan of leather, cold in winter and hot in summer. We weren’t actually looking for a Carrera T, but this one turned up at our local dealer in virtually an ideal specification. SWMBO was more enthusiastic than I was to be honest, partly because she liked the car ( she is no petrol head but does enjoy going out in a nice car) but also she knows that a great car is my main enjoyment.  I would have probably walked away, I’m pleased she did encourage me to go for it!

--

Well done DC! I think the T is a gem in the lineup, even more so in the light of the more bloated 992.

Enjoy!

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Congrats dreamcar - you will be very happy with this great car!!! kiss

Blueflame

Porker:

Well done DC! I think the T is a gem in the lineup, even more so in the light of the more bloated 992.

Enjoy!

Thank you! Smiley Strangely here in the U.K., certainly at Porsche dealers, the T doesn’t command higher used prices than the 991/2 Carrera, which was £8,000 cheaper when new Smiley

--

blueflame:

Congrats dreamcar - you will be very happy with this great car!!! kiss

Blueflame

Thank you - I’m sure we will once we are allowed out to play again Smiley

--

Congrats on managing to take delivery! Looks very special in black - here's to many years of fun wink

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, X3 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

Congrats on managing to take delivery! Looks very special in black - here's to many years of fun wink

Thank you Smiley It will look great once up to my standards, the dealer did a pretty poor preparation though, no excuse as they had the car for nearly a month prior to collection. Poor attention to detail, was supposed to have ceramic protection included as part of the deal, but I have my suspicions it wasn’t done, no maintenance pack in the car and dirt and light scratches in places that should have been polished out. They supplied replacement registration plates for me to fit once I transfer my personal registration, but would have been nice if they had drilled the mounting holes rather than just chuck the plates in the car and leave me to do it. In fairness after beating the salesman up they have agreed to take the car back and reapply the ceramic protection, and give me a loan car for the two days it’s supposed to take.

--

No doubt they'll blame COVID. Seems to be the default reason for shoddy service at the moment. Still, once done I'm sure you'll enjoy the car so much that the handover experience will be forgotten. Makes me want to change mine even more now I read of others taking delivery of new toys. That said, due to lockdown I noticed my car did less than 1000 miles since it's previous MOT so might be pointless.....

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, X3 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

No doubt they'll blame COVID. Seems to be the default reason for shoddy service at the moment. Still, once done I'm sure you'll enjoy the car so much that the handover experience will be forgotten. Makes me want to change mine even more now I read of others taking delivery of new toys. That said, due to lockdown I noticed my car did less than 1000 miles since it’s previous MOT so might be pointless..... 

Same here with our Boxster GTS, the only long run we’ve done during the pandemic was a run from the South coast to Edinburgh, and because we didn’t want to risk the usually excellent public transport in the city and the drive was a long run up M40 / M42 / M6 / M74 we took the Golf. The only reason we changed as I mentioned earlier we desperately needed a car with better comfort and seat adjustments than the Boxster had for SWMBO we were looking for a “Goldilocks” car that was fine for her but provided driving enjoyment for me. Looked at all sorts, even a Lexus SUV that would have been great for comfort, reliability and dealer service but far too big for our needs (only the RX had any appeal, tried the smaller NX and it was horrible) and zero driver appeal. Only by luck did we stumble on the Carrera T locally with the right spec.

--

reginos:

Enjoy it kiss

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

throt:

So glad you picked it up, buddy.

Sounds as if you like it indecision. There are probably less T’s than 991.2 GT3’s in the UK. Cant be loads of them.

Dont stick it away, drive it, no harm in that. I find it very relaxing when I take a ride out on my own. Must be getting old indecision.

100%, for a meet up, I’m there Smiley 

Looks like we will get a “green light” next week when we return to tiered restrictions, so we can meet at your convenience, being retired we can do most days Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

dreamcar:
    throt:

Sounds as if you like it indecision. There are probably less T’s than 991.2 GT3’s in the UK. Cant be loads of them.

Dont stick it away, drive it, no harm in that. I find it very relaxing when I take a ride out on my own. Must be getting old indecision.

Looks like we will get a “green light” next week when we return to tiered restrictions, so we can meet at your convenience, being retired we can do most days Smiley Smiley Smiley

Sure thing, be great .

Hopefully some good weather before Crimbo then.

I shoot you a PM with my mobile number this week so we can arrange something in the coming weeks Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

throt:
    dreamcar:
    throt:

Sure thing, be great .

Hopefully some good weather before Crimbo then.

I shoot you a PM with my mobile number this week so we can arrange something in the coming weeks Smiley

Smiley Smiley

--

dreamcar:

SWMBO was more enthusiastic than I was to be honest, partly because she liked the car ( she is no petrol head but does enjoy going out in a nice car) but also she knows that a great car is my main enjoyment.  I would have probably walked away, I’m pleased she did encourage me to go for it!

Congratulations on that car and great story how you acquired it. Truly great if the lady shares your excitement. Smiley

Ferdie:
    dreamcar:

SWMBO was more enthusiastic than I was to be honest, partly because she liked the car ( she is no petrol head but does enjoy going out in a nice car) but also she knows that a great car is my main enjoyment.  I would have probably walked away, I’m pleased she did encourage me to go for it!

Congratulations on that car and great story how you acquired it. Truly great if the lady shares your excitement. Smiley

Thanks Ferdie Smiley Collected the car a week ago tomorrow, unfortunately due to our current U.K. lockdown we haven’t driven it since! Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691051 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410173 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256222 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235417 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65746 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858820 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775122 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM