Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 992 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020)

There are these kind of videos which end well and everyone goes “yeah!”. Then there are the other ones which end up in the off topic section with a crashed car and everyone goes “idiot on a public road!”. I guess I don’t need to say more angryindecision

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

bluelines:

There are these kind of videos which end well and everyone goes “yeah!”. Then there are the other ones which end up in the off topic section with a crashed car and everyone goes “idiot on a public road!”. I guess I don’t need to say more angryindecision

No matter what outcome, I would vote for the latter. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

We share that view then indecision

--

@Bluelines - if you remember at Hanseat there used to be a pair of Ferraris with Italian stripes on going around very fast together?  That's him apparently.

--

2019 911 GT3 RS,1964 Type 1

bluelines:
    Rossi:

We share that view then indecision

Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

DaveGordon:

@Bluelines - if you remember at Hanseat there used to be a pair of Ferraris with Italian stripes on going around very fast together?  That's him apparently.

Forza! SmileySmiley

--

It's the roads around their home, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I support the driving and the talent. Smiley

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

...until there is a kid on a bike coming down the hill in opposite direction.

--

bluelines:

--

I assume in that case you would hold your horses for a moment instead of continuing on your sideways path...

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

bluelines:

--

Most kids won't even go on a bike in either direction.

Only those with defective genes would do that and nature supposed to terminate those defective genes in the first place 🤷🏻‍♂️

There aren't any clearly marked bike path on the road and no sane cyclist would want to ride up nd down such a path. Unless of course they have a death wish and really wanted to fulfill their wish. Like seriously, those roads are clearly present and future danger to any cyclists. Any one with 50 points of IQ would have picked a different route to cycle on, like perhaps from their bathroom to their living room and back. 

--

bluelines:

--

Smiley An acquaintance of mine from my sports club spent a few weeks in hospital for exactly this reason. Down the pass and then some idiot cuts an invisible curve. Luckily the emergency exit was the rock face and not the slope, so it was "just" broken bones

Porker:

It's the roads around their home, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I support the driving and the talent. Smiley

I support natural selection.

If the driver is meant to die, he dies. If a cyclist is meant to die, he dies. 

--

Itsme:
    bluelines:

--

Smiley An acquaintance of mine from my sports club spent a few weeks in hospital for exactly this reason. Down the pass and then some idiot cuts an invisible curve. Luckily the emergency exit was the rock face and not the slope, so it was "just" broken bones

Sorry to hear but he should have petitioned for a bike only path of maybe 3 ft in width so no cars can drive on the bike path and made the cyclists endangered themselves. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I mean, if he had paid for regular road insurance and qualified for road injuries, then that sucks. But if he hadn't paid any insurance to be riding on public roads meant and insured for cars, then he is in the wrong, not unseemlier to a car driver injured driving a car without proper insurance.

IF a cyclist decided to cycle on a road meant for cars, they should have expected a outcome from collision with a car. If that's not acceptable to a cyclist, then they shouldn't have cycle on a road meant for cars. 

I drive on 'car' roads every day and I fully expect I could have gotten a collision with another car. Part of the experience so to speak. I will not be pissed if I had an accident with another car..........It's the risk I take when I travel on a road meant for cars. But I would be very pissed if a cyclist or a pedestrian collided with my car. They are not supposed to be on that part of the Earth. Yes, Earth with a capital E, like literally THE EARTH. 

A pedestrian WALKING on a sideway meant for pedestrians means they have the right and freedom to WALK on that part of the EARTH. IF a car hits that pedestrian on a pedestrian walkway, that means the car is definitely in the wrong as the car is never meant to be on a pedestrian walkway in the first place. Like, simple logic. Basic knowledge. 
    --

Whoopsy:
    Itsme:
    bluelines:

Sorry to hear but he should have petitioned for a bike only path of maybe 3 ft in width so no cars can drive on the bike path and made the cyclists endangered themselves. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I mean, if he had paid for regular road insurance and qualified for road injuries, then that sucks. But if he hadn't paid any insurance to be riding on public roads meant and insured for cars, then he is in the wrong, not unseemlier to a car driver injured driving a car without proper insurance.

IF a cyclist decided to cycle on a road meant for cars, they should have expected a outcome from collision with a car. If that's not acceptable to a cyclist, then they shouldn't have cycle on a road meant for cars. 

I drive on 'car' roads every day and I fully expect I could have gotten a collision with another car. Part of the experience so to speak. I will not be pissed if I had an accident with another car..........It's the risk I take when I travel on a road meant for cars. But I would be very pissed if a cyclist or a pedestrian collided with my car. They are not supposed to be on that part of the Earth. Yes, Earth with a capital E, like literally THE EARTH. 

A pedestrian WALKING on a sideway meant for pedestrians means they have the right and freedom to WALK on that part of the EARTH. IF a car hits that pedestrian on a pedestrian walkway, that means the car is definitely in the wrong as the car is never meant to be on a pedestrian walkway in the first place. Like, simple logic. Basic knowledge. 
    --

I interpret the text as an attempt to be funny - miserably failed. If not that is just stupid

Here (most type of) streets are accessible to everyone. I can use a car, a motorbike, a carriage, a bicycle, if there is no explicit route for pedestrians I can even go for a walk. And almost everyone has insurance to cover themselves against damage caused.

Itsme:
    Whoopsy:
    Itsme:
    bluelines:

--

I interpret the text as an attempt to be funny - miserably failed. If not that is just stupid

Here (most type of) streets are accessible to everyone. I can use a car, a motorbike, a carriage, a bicycle, if there is no explicit route for pedestrians I can even go for a walk. And almost everyone has insurance to cover themselves against damage caused.

Poor city planning. Smiley

--

A good memory is fine but the ability to forget is the one true test of greatness.

nberry:
    Itsme:
    Whoopsy:
    Itsme:
    bluelines:

Poor city planning. Smiley

We are talking about cities which are a little bit older than cars. 

The accident I mentioned happens on an alpine pass, I don't know any with cycle or pedestrian paths.And a motorcyclist would have been pushed against the wall in the same way.

That is simply reckless, dangerous, brainless driving on public roads. Yes, it's fun, you need some skills, but you can still kill people. I also go to the shooting range with the pistol and don't shoot at cans in public.

Fully agree. While I admire the skill, this should not be done on a public/ open road. This is not sporty driving - it's just reckless. 
    If you do this and kill someone in the process, you should be charged with murder and go to prison IMO.

Tim:

Fully agree. While I admire the skill, this should not be done on a public/ open road. This is not sporty driving - it's just reckless. 
    If you do this and kill someone in the process, you should be charged with murder and go to prison IMO.

+1

--

Itsme:

I am not being funny, I am serious.

I only support cyclists on public roads if they are licensed and insured like a motor vehicle. That way, they also share the cost of building and maintaining the roads also as they are clearly using it. It's the only fair way to do things.

With a clear and legible license number displayed on cyclists, they will be less inclined to break the law like running red lights and stop signs, making the road a safer place for everyone. Of course, if a cyclist choose not to get licensed and insured, they can still ride their bike, but not on public roads. They can ride on bike paths inside parks and such all day long.

--

Whoopsy:
    Itsme:

I only support cyclists on public roads if they are licensed and insured like a motor vehicle. That way, they also share the cost of building and maintaining the roads also as they are clearly using it. It's the only fair way to do things.

With a clear and legible license number displayed on cyclists, they will be less inclined to break the law like running red lights and stop signs, making the road a safer place for everyone. Of course, if a cyclist choose not to get licensed and insured, they can still ride their bike, but not on public roads. They can ride on bike paths inside parks and such all day long.

I will gladly help you to expand your knowledge.

In Germany roads are financed by the income of the state (tax). Everybody contributes to it. So also by people who don't have a car. The tax on petrol (high) is not exclusively used for road construction. 

Insurances do not contribute to the costs of public roads.

Number plates for bicycles are discussed again and again in Germany. But so far this idea has only found a small number of supporters, which is why this bureaucracy monster was never introduced.

bluelines:

Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Whoopsy:
    Itsme:

Whoopsy, know you have done this, but try an Alps pass in the summer and you need to watch out for cyclists, motor-bikes, tourists, camper vans, trucks and boy racers from the big cities, not to mention the odd hiker or random stop in the middle of the road for a photo type.... you almost have to drive on the assumption there is a cyclist coming around every corner ....

Whoopsy:

What difference does that make to dangerous driving? 

Apart from that, it's quite an awkward notion.

996FourEss:

Whoopsy, know you have done this, but try an Alps pass in the summer and you need to watch out for cyclists, motor-bikes, tourists, camper vans, trucks and boy racers from the big cities, not to mention the odd hiker or random stop in the middle of the road for a photo type.... you almost have to drive on the assumption there is a cyclist coming around every corner ....

Tell me about it...we actually "lost" a hole day for nothing driving to some of our favorite routes, just to encounter exactly what you mentioned...this time in really excessive numbers (it was after the Corona lockdown was eased in spring here in Germany). Some of us drove home earlier because it was pointless (we were doing 30-40 kph on some roads Smiley).

We love driving fast but on public roads, this is a very tricky thing to do. Usually, we have an "outlook" (I think Whoopsy knows the drill from his organized European driving adventures Smiley) driving ahead of us but when there is too much traffic, there is too much traffic. I am not talking about driving 200 kph on a simple country road, I am talking about nice curves and turns, where it is sometimes difficult to actually safely maintain the legal speed limit (100 kph). Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:

Awkward notion, indeed. 

--

bluelines:
    Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:

Awkward notion, indeed. 

And what if... pedestrians use that road? Allowed, forbidden, only with license? If so, where do you put the plates? Smiley

Let’s just micro chip everyone and tax them by inches traveled * some speed factor * some age factor and of course * some income factor.  This way we could pay for free indoctrination of our kids (of course some call it college).  Insurance is free of course unless you are rich or have a job or any stocks. 

Leawood911:

Let’s just micro chip everyone and tax them by inches traveled * some speed factor * some age factor and of course * some income factor.  This way we could pay for free indoctrination of our kids (of course some call it college).  Insurance is free of course unless you are rich or have a job or any stocks. 

I like it Smiley

Lets also legalize reckless driving and call Darwin’s law when innocent people get injured or killed.

--

damn - and I thought this morning 12 new info's in relation to a Turbo S......sad

BjoernB:

damn - and I thought this morning 12 new info's in relation to a Turbo S......sad

+1, me too.

(RT's DNA to go off topic)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM