Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Urus (SUV)

The VAG cousins drag race.

On paper it should be an easy win for the Urus, lightest among the 4 and second highest HP. It still won, but barely. 

The Cayenne turbo S demonstrated quite clearly the advantage of the 'heavy' hybrid system. It kept up or beat the 300+kg lighter Urus and also once again proved Porsche's brakes are legendary, hauling down the car within a couple feet of the much lighter Urus. All the while costing a chunk less than the Urus. Not to mention all the special treatment it qualifies as a hybrid.

--

No doubt, the Cayenne Turbo S is a rocket and a stealthy one as well if you remove the model name.  Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

So many kids say they love the Urus. 

Wonder if they also put a Urus poster on their wall, succeeding the Countach as the most posterized Lamborghini smiley

--

Whoopsy:

So many kids say they love the Urus. 

Wonder if they also put a Urus poster on their wall, succeeding the Countach as the most posterized Lamborghini smiley

No, they don't. Smiley My son's favorite car is still the Lexus LFA. He was heartbroken when he heard that Francois sold his, he wanted to drive in it so badly. The F1 won't be a supplement. Smiley

Also, many kids love AMG, they love the BMW M2 as well, basically all Lamborghini models and so on. 

Ferrari is also pretty high up the list but even more is...Porsche, especially the GT models.

McLaren? Not so much from my experience and Aston Martin, Jaguar or Maserati don't seem to have a big fanbase among younger people either.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

The Performante driver always reacted very late, only in the last run, he reacted (almost) properly but the launch control is usually very aggressive (I only used it twice, it is not really necessary), so I'm not sure he really used it.

I am not surprised the Performante is faster than the SV on the straight, this is also my experience but at speeds over 240 kph, the Aventador moves slowly away. The SVJ is a different story, this car moves slowly away already above 200 kph, probably because of ALA.

Keep in mind that the Performante is not only 3 years old but also that it has a 640 hp n/a engine "only". I think it does pretty well but drag races are not really it's purpose. Smiley

--

Since this is the thread about the Urus, now, after driving one, I have to say it‘s the best SUV I‘ve ever experienced. kiss

I never thought I would say something like this, but if I was in the market for a big SUV, it definitely would be an Urus. wink

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Since this is the thread about the Urus, now, after driving one, I have to say it‘s the best SUV I‘ve ever experienced. kiss

I never thought I would say something like this, but if I was in the market for a big SUV, it definitely would be an Urus. wink

You mean you didn't trust my judgement SmileySmiley. Glad you have been enlightened Smiley.

Rossi:

It has a trunk the size of a VW Golf! It might be larger on the outside but it's a 4 person SUV with little in the way of SUV practicality. It's fast, has a certain look and drives very well. Doesn't drive as well as a sedan/wagon would but it's the only Lamborghini you can drive with three other friends. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

crayphile:
    Rossi:

You mean you didn't trust my judgement SmileySmiley. Glad you have been enlightened Smiley.

Oh no, I didn‘t trust RC‘s judgement. Smiley

If I had known that you have said the same, I would have never questioned it in the first place. Smiley Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

We need a test to see who is paying attention to RC’s reviews and stated positions. 
    It is a friggin fast SUV. Only Lambo for four - well put. That’s good enough. 
    Now, when is the sweet spot for a used one? 

Rossi:
    crayphile:
    Rossi:

Regretting your Performante already? Smiley

If I had known that you have said the same, I would have never questioned it in the first place. Smiley Smiley

Of course he did... Smiley

--

RC:
    Rossi:
    crayphile:
    Rossi:

Regretting your Performante already? Smiley

Never. Smiley

Ever. Smiley

In my whole life. Smiley

--

Sent you a WhatsApp message, you haven't read it yet. Smiley

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCd6xNLEvpA

Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupé

Reifen: Pirelli P Zero Corsa
    Rundenzeit: 1.58,8 min

Lamborghini Urus

Reifen: Pirelli P Zero Corsa
    Rundenzeit: 1.57,6 min

BMW X6 M Competition

Reifen: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S
    Rundenzeit: 1.58,3 min

Rundenzeiten Hockenheim GP:

..Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4.0: 1.56,9 min
    ....................Audi RS7 Sportback: 1.57,3 min
    .......................Lamborghini Urus: 1.57,6 min
    .............BMW X6 M Competition: 1.58,3 min
    ...................BMW M2 Competition: 1.58,4 min
    ..........................Audi TTRS Coupe: 1.58,8 min
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupé: 1.58,8 min
    ............................Toyota GR Supra: 1.58,9 min
    ..................................BMW Z4 M40i: 1.59,5 min
    .........Renault Megane RS Trophy: 2.00,8 min

Interesting comments on the Performante in this video angry

lexs4:

This comment has been mentioned many times but the R8 boy always fire back Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    lexs4:

This comment has been mentioned many times but the R8 boy always fire back Smiley

Smiley I can't listen to sound right now (work), could someone tell me details? 

The R8 boy fires back when he is right. Smiley Chris Harris probably doesn't even know that the Huracan engines get finally assembly in Italy at Lamborghini (only crankcase and cylinder block are built in Hungary, unlike the R8 engine which is entirely built in Hungary). Just one stupid example, there are more. 

--

He said the performante as any recent versions of Lambo are not driver’s cars. The brand in general is rather disappointing for pure driving experience and the Urus is the pinacle of this. 
    the R8 boy turned into a Performante boy till the next ride smiley but still fire back as soon as a point is raised. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

He said the performante as any recent versions of Lambo are not driver’s cars. The brand in general is rather disappointing for pure driving experience and the Urus is the pinacle of this. 

Funny only that anyone who has driven the Performante claims differently, same goes to even the Evo.

Chris Harris never liked Lamborghini, he is a Porsche guy. 

Someone who is a car nut and doesn't like the Urus, is not really a car guy to me. You do not define driver's cars by drifting or unstable driving conditions only. Smiley The Urus is so much fun to drive but of course this is no track car. Smiley 

the R8 boy turned into a Performante boy till the next ride smiley but still fire back as soon as a point is raised. 

OK, I'm not sure I got this one but who cares, as long as my Performante is faster than your GT3? Smiley 

Smiley

--

I did found the 4WD disturbing to be honest and lacked the connection you can find on RWD car. Chris likes many brands but Lambo was never one of his favorite even if his last purchase was Gallardo in Manual. 

the Urus is an SUV and any car guy is not necessarily into SUV as station wagon can do exact same stuff but better. That’s the reason to see the RS6 in this trial. 

You can be faster on paper than x, y or z but we can try this for real in NS in 2022 smileywhere the Lambo was supposed to be faster 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

I did found the 4WD disturbing to be honest and lacked the connection you can find on RWD car. Chris likes many brands but Lambo was never one of his favorite even if his last purchase was Gallardo in Manual. 

The Gallardo was/is not even close to the Huracan in any possible regard. Let alone the Performante. I drove the Gallardo Superleggera and it is a difference like day and night to even the normal Huracan.

the Urus is an SUV and any car guy is not necessarily into SUV as station wagon can do exact same stuff but better. That’s the reason to see the RS6 in this trial. 

Have you ever driven a station wagon in deep snow? Good luck. Smiley I drove my former Jeep GC SRT through deep snow in Austria and I barely made it through, while 95% of the cars were stranded because they were too low. Smiley

I may have some pics somewhere, I will find them this evening.

Also, when I worked outside Germany in Eastern Europe, I was driving an Isuzu Trooper 2.4 td for a while. This car saved my ass a couple of times, in snow and high waters, it was amazing. I just wish it had better seals for the front lights, they were always full of water (but it dried out).

We also had a Tornado (no kidding) at our home a couple of years ago, I had a Cayenne with air suspension at that time, no normal car would have been able to pass the roads and my house would haven been flooded if I couldn't make it.

I have dozens of similar stories regarding the practicality of SUVs and/or off-roaders. They are perfect daily drivers and family cars and if they have powerful engines, even better. Smiley

--

You amaze me with particular scenario in a very weird moment. if you are living in a place where there is ton of snow, you need a defender or similar. forget 600hp in a fancy 23'' crossover that will rust in no time.

Chris was talking about driving pleasure and usage of the car in mere mortal life. SUV is big, heavy and in general contradictory to driving enjoyment. Urus is on top of that ''loud in your face''

Did you try a SUV in the middle of tiny streets, like Nice's neighborhood? Good luck smiley I can tell you it was a struggle and let alone trying to park it.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

You amaze me with particular scenario in a very weird moment. if you are living in a place where there is ton of snow, you need a defender or similar. forget 600hp in a fancy 23'' crossover that will rust in no time.

Why? It is fun to drive a monster, no matter if it is in snow or in summer. This was the good part of the road. Smiley

qLzvOFQ-.jpeg

Chris was talking about driving pleasure and usage of the car in mere mortal life. SUV is big, heavy and in general contradictory to driving enjoyment. Urus is on top of that ''loud in your face''

Just try the Urus and get back to me. I just got myself a Jeep Trackhawk, just for fun and as a daily driver. Can't wait to pick it up. No, high performance SUVs are not contradictory to driving enjoyment, otherwise many sports car lovers wouldn't own one. On the contrary, it actually offers a completely different fun.

Did you try a SUV in the middle of tiny streets, like Nice's neighborhood? Good luck smiley I can tell you it was a struggle and let alone trying to park it.

I know Nice well but other than parking a SUV in an underground garage (which proved to be impossible with the maximum height being 1.80 m Smiley), I managed quite well there in a Cayenne. I am used to these SUVs, I do not mind. 

I parked a rental ML500 in a garage in Salou (Spain), you wouldn't believe how I entered and how I exited, my wife officially declared me insane that day. Smiley I may have some pics somewhere, you'd be shocked.

I even managed to park a Cadillac Escalade XL in a garage in San Francisco where I had to avoid some pipes on the very low ceiling. Smiley This photo has been taken after the hard part (it took me 10 minutes with the help of my son and my daughter).

6z4R-iqA.jpeg

SUVs are fun, especially when you travel with the family and/or travel in bad weather, especially in heavy rain or snow. No station wagon can provide the same fun and safety.

R3I2pDRM.jpeg
    dWx9ZaVA.jpeg
    fNBm9pWU.jpeg
    rYpqKZwd.jpeg

--

the-missile:

You can be faster on paper than x, y or z but we can try this for real in NS in 2022 smileywhere the Lambo was supposed to be faster 

It is easy to take out the 4WD though. At least in the Gallardo a friend took it off the car by himself.

CH is a BMW guy, he currently drives an M2C.

wantone:
    the-missile:

It is easy to take out the 4WD though. At least in the Gallardo a friend took it off the car by himself.

CH is a BMW guy, he currently drives an M2C.

and a GT3 and used to trash a F12...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

RC here a good offfer for you!

1615296497317Schermafbeelding 2021-03-09 om 14.25.10.png

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688180 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408550 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255478 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234694 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65331 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857448 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773135 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM