Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New Giulia laps the ring in 7.39

RC:

The GT3 is a great car, I don't think you did anything wrong. Congratulations. kiss

Thanks!

Just, due to tires GTS have better traction on wet road. GTS also feels more powerfull at low revs. And even in Black car is attention maker. Had a meeting with the guy who owns Bentley Continental GT (latest model, also in Black). I parked near him in his office building parking garage and young teenager girl (!) told her Dad(which also parker his A6 Avant nearby) "look Dad, this is 911 GT3, race car for the road". Not an attention that I wanted.

Anyway, more pics are coming, especially sinceI will be next week on Adriatic coast and if weather permitts make some pics.

Congrats Kreso - funny enough I am picking up a GT3 this afternoon too - impulse buy - will poste pictures asap indecision

BjoernB:

Congrats Kreso - funny enough I am picking up a GT3 this afternoon too - impulse buy - will poste pictures asap indecision

Wow! Congrats!Smiley

What color? 

BjoernB:

Smiley Smiley

My dealer had one, wanted to get it (factory car with low mileage) but for 160k EUR, this was just too much for me. Car was fully loaded with PCCB, lift and so on. I am pretty sure I am going to regret it but the next on my car list is...I mentioned it before...the "old" R8 V10 Plus. Can't help it, this is the one I want.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

"Old" R8 V10 Plus with S tronic is an excellent car. If you find one with good price go for it.

KresoF1:

"Old" R8 V10 Plus with S tronic is an excellent car. If you find one with good price go for it.

Found three or four cars for under 100k EUR (97,98), 2013 and 2014 models, with low mileage (under 20k km). Will wait until Dec. or Jan. and will re-consider. Not so sure what to do...no hurry though.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    BjoernB:

Smiley Smiley

My dealer had one, wanted to get it (factory car with low mileage) but for 160k EUR, this was just too much for me. Car was fully loaded with PCCB, lift and so on. I am pretty sure I am going to regret it but the next on my car list is...I mentioned it before...the "old" R8 V10 Plus. Can't help it, this is the one I want.

What was the new price of that car (after discounts if any)?

Is the GT3 a car that appreciates in value (or this is the RS only)?

That GT3 was used (5000 km) but a factory owned (registered to Porsche) car. Some German dealers sometimes get these cars to sell them. I think the new price was basically the "old" price. Basically, this car costed used and with 5000 km the same it costed new. Price was 166k, I got an offer for 160k. 

Yes, even the 991 GT3 (without RS) seems to keep a good value but I already have a 911, even if it isn't a GT3 and I really put my heart on an "old" 2013/2014 R8 V10 Plus. These cars are heavily underrated and almost cheap, considering that most are selling now for around 100k EUR but had a new car price tag of 180k and more. 

--

Car is Rhodium-silver - never thought that I love silver as much as I do now as it has a touch of "Ice-blue" in it  - had 200 km only on the clock and got it considerable under LP. I just believe that in a couple of years it will be a sought after model. After my Hockenheim Meeting with Porsche I now also believe that it's the last NA engine.......angryindecision

BjoernB:

Car is Rhodium-silver - never thought that I love silver as much as I do now as it has a touch of "Ice-blue" in it  - had 200 km only on the clock and got it considerable under LP. I just believe that in a couple of years it will be a sought after model. After my Hockenheim Meeting with Porsche I now also believe that it's the last NA engine.......angryindecision

If so, you did well. Smiley
    I too think that we are going to see the last n/a engines from Porsche and that in five years, there won't be any Porsche models with n/a engine but you never know, Porsche may actually find a way to keep some n/a engines or at least find a way to bring them back. Not very likely though. Even the smaller V8 rumored for the next gen Panamera and Cayenne are supposed to be turbo charged.

--

Saw the giulia qv this week end and the padova show, it was red, well in the flesh this car is something special, ok it was the launch edition with everything on.

it is compact and so muscular, its wide and have a really nice back, you have carbon fiber everywhere, the seats are just wow!!  In the pics it was just nice and nothing special, but in real life it is so much better, it is really a cool car.

and im saying this after that i saw all the most beautiful cars you can immagine new and old classics, so i was really spoiled this week end. There was a lot of germans that i heard them say that this time alfa is back, talk to some of them and one guy did just buy 3 old alfas.

the best car show i have ever seen 

--

993 c2

I think this car will take away a lot of M3, RS4, C63 sales....  what a car!

huangester:

You are right. The market is ripe for a new competitor. And this Alfa is no joke.

huangester:

If Alfa Romeo markets it the right way. I heard similar things about the new Maserati Ghibli and look at it now. Smiley

--

Ghibli went cheap on the interior, not much love can be created from Dodge parts.

RC:
    huangester:

If Alfa Romeo markets it the right way. I heard similar things about the new Maserati Ghibli and look at it now. Smiley

Maserati Ghibli doesn´t have 500Hp , it´s on another category.

--

J.Seven

I agree with RC regarding the ghibli, they where close but they didint make it as the plans due to many cheap parts.

--

993 c2

xander71:

Saw the giulia qv this week end and the padova show, it was red, well in the flesh this car is something special, ok it was the launch edition with everything on.

it is compact and so muscular, its wide and have a really nice back, you have carbon fiber everywhere, the seats are just wow!!  In the pics it was just nice and nothing special, but in real life it is so much better, it is really a cool car.

and im saying this after that i saw all the most beautiful cars you can immagine new and old classics, so i was really spoiled this week end. There was a lot of germans that i heard them say that this time alfa is back, talk to some of them and one guy did just buy 3 old alfas.

the best car show i have ever seen 

You're Italian so I'll take it with a grain of salt. 😂 Jokes aside, most of the Mesarati and Alfas here are bought by people with Italian heritage. 

hahaha that's right i agree with you, but this one is really cool......

--

993 c2

xander71:

hahaha that's right i agree with you, but this one is really cool......

To be honest I cannot wait to see and drive one. Given I've owned several M3/M4s and C63s, I'm probably the target market!

J.Seven:
    RC:
    huangester:

Maserati Ghibli doesn´t have 500Hp , it´s on another category.

410 hp...500 hp...Maserati could easily give the Ghibli more power but I guess it would make the car more expensive and even now, the Ghibli is already too expensive in my opinion. Smiley

Don't get me wrong: I have high hopes for a new Alfa Romeo start but l still have my doubts. Smiley

--

I hope they will succed, since there is actually only germans, so an exotic alternative could be fun for the market.

i had c63 sw for some months, loved it, and the giulia that i saw could be an exciting alternative.

--

993 c2

It seems that the launch has been delayed so yet another set back for the marque which will not bode well for it in the long term.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/alfa-romeo-will-delay-giulia-quadrifoglio-and-giulia-based-suv

How Sergio expects dealers to survive with the current product range at Alfa and Maserati is a mystery. European dealers have been expected to limp along with the ageing MiTo and the Guilietta, neither of which are really competitive now against much newer models from rivals. The new models were needed yesterday not in a year or mores time.

It looks like Maserati are not doing great business and their service support is patchy at best especially in the US. If they don't start taking much better care of their customers they can kiss goodbye to any hope of a successful relaunch. Don't the head guys at FCA know there is such a thing as the internet these days and that word of poor customer service stops potential buyers even venturing into a dealership yes I had a quick read through a Maserati Ghibli forum and Maserati NA are cutting their own throat by not proactively jumping on even the smallest of customer issues. If they can't make hay whilst the VW scandal is ongoing then they have little hope IMHO of ever hitting any of their very optimistic targets and model launches.

the only thing good about a Maserati is the name

And the exhaust sound...

ISUK:

It seems that the launch has been delayed so yet another set back for the marque which will not bode well for it in the long term.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/alfa-romeo-will-delay-giulia-quadrifoglio-and-giulia-based-suv

How Sergio expects dealers to survive with the current product range at Alfa and Maserati is a mystery. European dealers have been expected to limp along with the ageing MiTo and the Guilietta, neither of which are really competitive now against much newer models from rivals. The new models were needed yesterday not in a year or mores time.

It looks like Maserati are not doing great business and their service support is patchy at best especially in the US. If they don't start taking much better care of their customers they can kiss goodbye to any hope of a successful relaunch. Don't the head guys at FCA know there is such a thing as the internet these days and that word of poor customer service stops potential buyers even venturing into a dealership yes I had a quick read through a Maserati Ghibli forum and Maserati NA are cutting their own throat by not proactively jumping on even the smallest of customer issues. If they can't make hay whilst the VW scandal is ongoing then they have little hope IMHO of ever hitting any of their very optimistic targets and model launches.

How long have we been talking about a relaunch of Alfa Romeo and Maserati?  20 years or so?  Same with Aston Martin.  These brands seem to be in perpetual crisis mode.  Smiley

Ziggy:
    ISUK:

How long have we been talking about a relaunch of Alfa Romeo and Maserati?  20 years or so?  Same with Aston Martin.  These brands seem to be in perpetual crisis mode.  Smiley

You can add Lotus to that list Smiley Unfortunately Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

sfo:

the only thing good about a Maserati is the name

So sad and so true. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

bluelines:

You can add Lotus to that list Smiley Unfortunately Smiley

Since Jean-Marc Gales has taken over as CEO, things have actually improved and Lotus are heading into the right direction. Here's to hoping that they will succeed.

--

Lotus 3-Eleven on order

new Porsche Panamera Turbo: 7:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVuTyb3NmSs

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753354 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430846 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258657 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255505 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79557 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868433 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802037 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM