Crown

Board: McLaren Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Mclaren 765LT

I friend has owned the scud, the speciale and now the Pista and a bunch of other Ferraris + Porsche GT's.

He drives his Ferrari's a good amount , also tracks them. He took the Pista to the Ring this summer when we went together. 

When he sold the Speciale he thought he made a mistake and that it was the best Ferrari he ever owned. After a few weeks in the Pista he has no regrets. He finds the car so much better in all senses compared to the Speciale. I was very surprised when he told me this. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

I friend has owned the scud, the speciale and now the Pista and a bunch of other Ferraris + Porsche GT's.

He drives his Ferrari's a good amount , also tracks them. He took the Pista to the Ring this summer when we went together. 

When he sold the Speciale he thought he made a mistake and that it was the best Ferrari he ever owned. After a few weeks in the Pista he has no regrets. He finds the car so much better in all senses compared to the Speciale. I was very surprised when he told me this. 

--

488 Pista is a beauty Smiley

You never considered a Fezza, Gnil ?

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Porker:
    BjoernB:

speciales have lost some value here - I have a friend she wants to get rid of her yellow one - swiss market is full of them

'She', with a Speciale? Why have you not introduced her here yet? SmileySmiley

Haha - she even has a more Ferraris and Porsche's - but  no-one can handle.....Smiley 

throt:
    Gnil:

--

I liked the Speciale but I do not find the Pista attractive. 

The only Ferrari I could see myself in are the V12 ( or the F40 Smiley ) . But I don't have deep enough pockets to have it all  Smiley

Don't know why but I can see myself much better in a Mc , a Lambo then in a mid engine Ferrari. It is probably associated to the kind of owners and the message that is sent to the general crowd  when driving them (even if unwanted )  and the fact I don't like to draw that kind of attention.... cool yes, flash no Smiley

--

Gnil:

--

The Pista is an amazing sports car but the Speciale is...special. Smiley N/a engine, he will regret it sooner or later. 

I had my Performante picked up by a specialized sports car transport company two days ago because I need a new catalytic converter (engine light is on for weeks now and they couldn't find any issue, car seems to behave normal, so Lamborghini said a new catalytic converter is needed), the car has almost 13000 km. Also the car needs to get the winter wheels mounted.

The owner of this transport company saw the Performante and told me that I should never sell this car. I asked why and he told me that he is talking to so many sports car owners, often collectors, in his job and that the Performante has become very popular with these people lately, so "it must mean something".

I guess many are afraid that n/a cars are disappearing, so... Smiley

perf222.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

popular lately because it is coming cheap and many are starting to grab them. good value for the perf.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Gnil:
    throt:
    Gnil:

--

The only Ferrari I could see myself in are the V12 ( or the F40 Smiley ) . But I don't have deep enough pockets to have it all  Smiley

Don't know why but I can see myself much better in a Mc , a Lambo then in a mid engine Ferrari. It is probably associated to the kind of owners and the message that is sent to the general crowd  when driving them (even if unwanted )  and the fact I don't like to draw that kind of attention.... cool yes, flash no Smiley

--

Haha, 

I just have this Ferrari itch but then a Macca itch too Smiley

Not so long ago, Speciale’s topped out at 350k GBP, not now though, think 250’s now, depending on mileage.

I was offered one for 250k at a dealer in Egham ( near Heathrow ) years back, just after I got my first GT3. She had 500 on the clock. Always think back about it so that says it all Smiley.

Jeeps, the GT3 attracts attention, Fezza and the Macca would be on a different level. Don’t like attention but it wouldn’t stop me either Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

the-missile:

popular lately because it is coming cheap and many are starting to grab them. good value for the perf.

Give it another 5 month or so then you’ll see some bargains, imo.Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

the-missile:

Cheap? My dealer sold the last Coupe at 237k EUR with 8000 km onboard. I paid 251k for mine (MSRP 275k), new. Smiley I do believe the prices will go down, under 220k EUR, once the new STO/STS shows up but I doubt prices will go below 200k once people realize that the future of the "Huracan" is...V8 biturbo and hybrid. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    the-missile:

Cheap? My dealer sold the last Coupe at 237k EUR with 8000 km onboard. I paid 251k for mine (MSRP 275k), new. Smiley I do believe the prices will go down, under 220k EUR, once the new STO/STS shows up but I doubt prices will go below 200k once people realize that the future of the "Huracan" is...V8 biturbo and hybrid. Smiley

--

biturbo and hybrid

You pulling our plonkers, buddy SmileySmiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

The next gen Huracan is supposed to get close to 700 hp, maybe even more (top version). With a turbo charged engine, this is much easier. Aventador sticks to a hybrid V12 n/a engine with over 800 hp (top model could hit 900 and more). Smiley 

--

RC:

The next gen Huracan is supposed to get close to 700 hp, maybe even more (top version). With a turbo charged engine, this is much easier. Aventador sticks to a hybrid V12 n/a engine with over 800 hp (top model could hit 900 and more). Smiley 

900 ponies Smiley

You got bush 🤔

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    Gnil:
    throt:
    Gnil:

--

--

Haha, 

Not so long ago, Speciale’s topped out at 350k GBP, not now though, think 250’s now, depending on mileage.

I was offered one for 250k at a dealer in Egham ( near Heathrow ) years back, just after I got my first GT3. She had 500 on the clock. Always think back about it so that says it all Smiley.

Jeeps, the GT3 attracts attention, Fezza and the Macca would be on a different level. Don’t like attention but it wouldn’t stop me either Smiley

Buy one in Switzerland. For 225k  GBP you get already a  nice one.  Our market is saturated with high end sports cars. 

Same price for a Performante, but with hardly any miles 

--

RC:
    the-missile:

the performante is at 200KEuros in UAE without even discussing and will go down further. Sorry to hurt you for this but this is reality. the Spyder version is at 225K without even talking price. Once the top track focused will show up, it will take another dent. you have a biased view on the Performante, the market for this price is like any other Huracan, fairly small.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Isn‘t this the Macca Thread? 

Don‘t we have a Lambo section anyways?

🤷🏼‍♂️

The Lambo section is for talking about McLarens.

--

Speciale price have started to come back down, here it's dropped below when I sold mine. The peak have passed.

--

Gnil:
    throt:
    Gnil:
    throt:
    Gnil:

--

--

Haha, 

Buy one in Switzerland. For 225k  GBP you get already a  nice one.  Our market is saturated with high end sports cars. 

Same price for a Performante, but with hardly any miles 

--

I think with transportation, docs etc etc, the price would end up near what I can get one here for, surely.

Perfs, Speciale's, they have not bottomed out yet either.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Whoopsy:

The Lambo section is for talking about McLarens.

Smiley

Lord_Driftalot:

It used to be the R8 thread. All threads were R8 threads back then. Now all threads are Lambo threads.

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

bluelines:
    Lord_Driftalot:

It used to be the R8 thread. All threads were R8 threads back then. Now all threads are Lambo threads.

GT Lambo, the special one. indecision

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    bluelines:
    Lord_Driftalot:

GT Lambo, the special one. indecision

It might even be..... wait..... a keeper.....Smiley

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

Heh, keeper = 24 months 

the-missile:
    RC:
    the-missile:

the performante is at 200KEuros in UAE without even discussing and will go down further. Sorry to hurt you for this but this is reality. the Spyder version is at 225K without even talking price. Once the top track focused will show up, it will take another dent. you have a biased view on the Performante, the market for this price is like any other Huracan, fairly small.

UAE market cannot be compared to US or EU markets. Smiley

Last time I was in the UAE, a friend who works there got an offer for a new G63, available at a local dealer, for under MSRP and immediate delivery. Try this in Germany. Smiley

--

If there is one car that is never under MSRP in the UAE, it's the G63. The waiting time now is 4 months for the 63 and 6-8 months for the 500. Other than that, I don't think there is a better buyers market for used luxury cars. The prices drop like a rock. An 812 is around 250k euros nowadays. A GT3 is around a 100k, good thing I got the Touring as that's the only Porsche that's holding it's value so far, not that I plan to ever sell it.

AP911:

If there is one car that is never under MSRP in the UAE, it's the G63. The waiting time now is 4 months for the 63 and 6-8 months for the 500. Other than that, I don't think there is a better buyers market for used luxury cars. The prices drop like a rock. An 812 is around 250k euros nowadays. A GT3 is around a 100k, good thing I got the Touring as that's the only Porsche that's holding it's value so far, not that I plan to ever sell it.

Offer was 3% under MSRP for a car in stock, independent dealer in Dubai in September. 

In Germany, the waiting time for the G63 (at my factory dealership) is 14-18 months, I could get one ordered to specs in 13 months (not really that fast). Smiley No discount, zero. Lease rate pretty bad, "lease factor" is around 1.5 (I usually do not lease a car over a lease factor of 1, usually I get 0.7 to 0.8). I got an offer for a new fully loaded A45 S AMG for a lease factor of 1, still a bit too expensive in my opinion.

--

AP911:

G63 are all over the place and all above retail price...I completely agree with you, for this car, you will never find one at dealership below retail price. it is flattening though and hope they keep saturating the market so I can go a buy a second hand with a good deal Smiley

The 812 is so appealing and the F12 is already there Smiley the Speciale are the ones that stay steady as well.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

bluelines:
    Lord_Driftalot:

@bluelines

Smiley Smiley

Interesting the differences across the world - here in the US second hand car prices are very strong - obviously stronger for cars like GT3s and G63s but in talking to my dealers they can't get enough second hand cars since they are in such demand - hence holding up so well in price. 

--

Tesla Model S P100d. 2018 991.2 GT3. 2019 BMW M850i Convertible. 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance. 2020 Aston Martin Vantage. 2020 Mclaren 720S coupe. 🥳

EnglishManInNY:

Interesting the differences across the world - here in the US second hand car prices are very strong - obviously stronger for cars like GT3s and G63s but in talking to my dealers they can't get enough second hand cars since they are in such demand - hence holding up so well in price. 

It is basically impossible to get a G63 lease return car at an attractive price here in Germany, my dealer told me that all leased G63 are already spoken for once the lease expires. Or those who leased them buy them afterwards.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690515 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409771 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256030 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235280 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65650 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858447 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774732 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM