Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

Whoopsy:

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/cadillac-super-cruise-outperforms-other-active-driving-assistance-systems/#2

So 2 years alter Tesla still haven't caught up with GM. And the gap is widening. So much for saying Autopilot is the best, well it's currently a distant 2nd best.

Yes but TBH I don't know a single person who drives a Cadillac as their daily, not including chauffeuring. Teslas on the other hand are mostly personal daily drivers.

AP911:
    Whoopsy:

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/cadillac-super-cruise-outperforms-other-active-driving-assistance-systems/#2

So 2 years alter Tesla still haven't caught up with GM. And the gap is widening. So much for saying Autopilot is the best, well it's currently a distant 2nd best.

Yes but TBH I don't know a single person who drives a Cadillac as their daily, not including chauffeuring. Teslas on the other hand are mostly personal daily drivers.

And paying Elon to be his beta testers. Sort of in reverse of companies hiring beta testers to test their stuff.

Cadillac maybe not be a volume seller, but it's still part of GM and shows GM have caught and pass Tesla on these advance cruise control stuff. 

--

AP911:
    Whoopsy:

In the Midwest America, you are more apt to see a Cadillac than a Tesla.  Cadillac crossovers and the Escalade are very popular vehicles in the more affluent parts of communities.  In our small residential community there are even several Cadillac sedans albeit V-series.  

https://roborace.com

Someone already got my idea and started a self driving race series!!

Wonder why Tesla didn't participate if their system is as good as Elon claimed?

--

Whoopsy:

https://roborace.com

Someone already got my idea and started a self driving race series!!

Wonder why Tesla didn't participate if their system is as good as Elon claimed?

They did

https://twitter.com/dogryan100/status/1321800383505657856?s=20

Just kidding. AP is working really well these days. Not perfect of course, but enough to be useful

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Tesla; Quality is Job None. 

https://insideevs.com/news/452338/tesla-no-longer-biggest-bev-oem-europe/

It's bound to happen eventually, but Western Europe is the first to go for Tesla.

--

Whoopsy:

https://insideevs.com/news/452338/tesla-no-longer-biggest-bev-oem-europe/

It's bound to happen eventually, but Western Europe is the first to go for Tesla.

Volkswagen and Renault Group will add EV models at a faster pace than Tesla too. 

Mercedes Says It Can't Win Race For Autonomous Driving, Bows Out

https://www.motor1.com/news/452351/mercedes-cancels-autonomous-drivin-plans/

Wow Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

rhino:

They are the smart one. Why dump perfectly good money into a bottomless pit? 

Lvl 5 is a pipedream. 

--

Whoopsy:
    rhino:

Lvl 5 is a pipedream. 

Volkswagen Group curtailed investment in autonomous driving over a year ago when the company discovered it was nearly impossible to change the regulatory landscape.  Mercedes-Benz encountered the same hurdles.  Let someone else make the investment and navigate the regulatory land mines. 

As much as I like what Tesla has done to promote the electric car, I still think that full self driving and gullwing doors on the Model X are proof that Elon is not really all that smart after all.

Gladstone:

As much as I like what Tesla has done to promote the electric car, I still think that full self driving and gullwing doors on the Model X are proof that Elon is not really all that smart after all.

MS just valued SpaceX at $100B and Elon owns 54% of it. All of his other companies, including Tesla, are just playing around. SpaceX is his true love. I think once Starlink is up and fully running that valuation is going to double to triple. 

My Brother in Law got stock in the 2008 $20M Founders Fund round when it was valued at under $200m. Smiley 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Gwen Shotwell is who made SpaceX, not Musk.  Without her running the show, SpaceX would be the typical Musk disaster.  

CGX car nut:

Gwen Shotwell is who made SpaceX, not Musk.  Without her running the show, SpaceX would be the typical Musk disaster.  

I didn't say he was running it, I just said it was his true love. He cares more about SpaceX that all the other ones rolled up together. 

--

Mithras:
    Gladstone:

MS just valued SpaceX at $100B and Elon owns 54% of it. All of his other companies, including Tesla, are just playing around. SpaceX is his true love. I think once Starlink is up and fully running that valuation is going to double to triple. 

My Brother in Law got stock in the 2008 $20M Founders Fund round when it was valued at under $200m. Smiley 

SpaceX is where the true value lies, every knows that. One reason he never try to float it, unlike Tesla. 

Tesla is, how I should put it, where he wants to play with other people's money for no reason other than entertainment. 

--

Neurolink might just eclipse them all

You mean https://neuralink.com/approach/ ?

--

There is no try. Just do.

Whoopsy:
    rhino:

Lvl 5 is a pipedream. 

Agreed. With the current tech, Level 5 is just not happening.

With more advanced AI tech/software, new camera and sensor tech? Maybe. In 10, 15 or 20 years. Maybe.

I guess Mercedes leaves the tech developing to others and then just adapts a working tech to their cars. Makes sense and is probably much much cheaper than to develop their own system.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Pentium:

You mean https://neuralink.com/approach/ ?

Thanks for correcting my fake newsSmiley

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    rhino:

Lvl 5 is a pipedream. 

Agreed. With the current tech, Level 5 is just not happening.

With more advanced AI tech/software, new camera and sensor tech? Maybe. In 10, 15 or 20 years. Maybe.

I guess Mercedes leaves the tech developing to others and then just adapts a working tech to their cars. Makes sense and is probably much much cheaper than to develop their own system.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I could see Lvl 5 working on highways in HOV type lanes which are separated and homogeneous. that's about it though. At least for a good long while. 

--

that's the thing, that would only be level 4 at most, it wouldn't qualify as level 5 since level 5 would be able to work everywhere without driver supervision, basically an AI Uber. That is nowhere in sight yet, not in at least s couple of decades if we are optimistic.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Mithras:
    Gladstone:

One day these stocks will worth nothing.

Stock in the East India Company are worth nothing now, but had I been alive back then I would have loved to own some...

--

Mithras:

Stock in the East India Company are worth nothing now, but had I been alive back then I would have loved to own some...

Smiley Smiley

Elon Musk is always ready for surprises, I kind of have the feeling he knows what he is doing (in a way) but no, at the current prices, I wouldn't touch Tesla stocks.

--

RC:
    Mithras:

Smiley Smiley

Elon Musk is always ready for surprises, I kind of have the feeling he knows what he is doing (in a way) but no, at the current prices, I wouldn't touch Tesla stocks.

as to a an electric car stock , it is much more interesting to get into NIO , or is it already too late ? Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    RC:
    Mithras:

Smiley Smiley

as to a an electric car stock , it is much more interesting to get into NIO , or is it already too late ? Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

I bought NIO at 4.x something and sold it at slightly under 10. Made a nice profit but now the price is just insane. Smiley

I always have a good nose for rising stocks but I always sell them too early because I love to cash in the profit and I actually (often) live from these profits. I guess this is my curse. Smiley Smiley

One thing I won't sell anytime soon: Bitcoin. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753324 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430825 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258642 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255501 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79551 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868418 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802013 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM