Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Wandered to the dark side

Porker:

Apparently it was a kid, the grandfather went to the police himself to insist on refunding any costs. Little prick that kid. 

Glad it cleaned up ok - such a beautiful color! Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    Porker:

Apparently it was a kid, the grandfather went to the police himself to insist on refunding any costs. Little prick that kid. 

Glad it cleaned up ok - such a beautiful color! Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Tesla Sentry mode would have recorded several angles as well as emailed you live when it was taking place. In fact if one had parked near you it might have also recorded this. 
    Once when I walked away from my parked car a BMW was about to back into it. I watched from too far away to help only to see my car flash it’s lights and then honk the horn in time to alert the BMW driver. That some Herbie magic 

Porker:
    W8MM:

In my neighborhood, the miscreants tempted to act out in this way are all afraid that anyone with whom they are familiar that could possibly own a car like that also likely posses a fully automatic short-barrel rifle.   No problema angry

I wouldn't have shot the kid even if I would have had a rifle and I would've caught him. SmileySmiley

World's full of idiots, unfortunately flashy things tend to attract them.

No, .... I'm not talking about me shooting anyone.  It's the experiential fears of the likely suspects.  They worry about bad dudes and retribution.  They're afraid because whomever owns the car might not be as civilized as am I.

I live in a "diverse" part of town Smiley

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Taycan Turbo + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + BMWs (Z8 + 3.0 CSi) + Bentley Arnage T

throt:

Returned to my car one night and some herberts decided to use my car as a litter bin.

Covered it with KFC, Chips, drink carltons, the lot Smiley. Had to get tissue to pick it all off Smiley.

Bastards!

But you call your car the shit box - so what did you expect?  SmileySmiley

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

Sadly, this, and running costs, keep me from anything fancier than a wingless 911.

Didn't Jeremy Clarkson once call Ferraris "phlegm magnets?"

Glad to see it's not bringing you down Porker.

Sorry you had to deal with that, and glad your car was ok. At least the grandfather has some understanding of personal property.

4trac:
    throt:

Returned to my car one night and some herberts decided to use my car as a litter bin.

Covered it with KFC, Chips, drink carltons, the lot Smiley. Had to get tissue to pick it all off Smiley.

Bastards!

But you call your car the shit box - so what did you expect?  SmileySmiley

Hahaha,

No, they put Kentucky Fried Chicken, chips and carltons on the GT3.

If it was the shitbox I would have just got in it, turned the key, and pulled away Smiley Smiley.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Porker:

At least his grandfather was a honorable human being and did the right thing, teaching his grandson a lesson here (I hope). So glad nothing bad happened, I know the feeling... Smiley

Still, that dashcam comes in handy if you park your car in "public" places quite often.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Agree, it's something to consider.

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

I'm glad it was easily fixed with a detail Frankwink

Envy is a factor in the defilement of an expensive car.

--

The only easy day was yesterday..

You’ve got to be on your toes with this thing in these temperatures, my god. 🤗

Fantastic fun though.

BAE083F5-BC9B-4E22-9299-C5313C8D38C8.jpeg
    6619515B-2108-4C2B-936C-5A8B609A3310.jpeg
    E8318884-280B-4075-B152-1204156C911F.jpeg

--

A well used Ferrari . As you do with all your cars kiss You must be sweating more then when doing laps at the Ring in the GT3 indecision

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

A well used Ferrari . As you do with all your cars kiss You must be sweating more then when doing laps at the Ring in the GT3 indecision

To be honest, yes. Smiley

It lurks in small corners always, when you're paying attention it's ok, but like yesterday on the autoroute when you're just cruising it can suddenly snap as no other car I know. I accelerated away from a construction zone, slowly, not thinking twice of it but clearly too much power for the wet/cold road and before you know it you're briefly traveling sideways at 160km/h.  Smiley

--

Smiley These cars are for driving...even in winter time. Smiley

I am member of a Jeep Trackhawk/SRT group in Germany and most of the owners leave their trucks in the garage during winter time. Smiley I mean...seriously? Smiley

IMG_6289.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:

Smiley These cars are for driving...even in winter time. Smiley

I am member of a Jeep Trackhawk/SRT group in Germany and most of the owners leave their trucks in the garage during winter time. Smiley I mean...seriously? Smiley

IMG_6289.jpg

Be careful, hope you are a good driver Smiley Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Porker:
    Gnil:

It lurks in small corners always, when you're paying attention it's ok, but like yesterday on the autoroute when you're just cruising it can suddenly snap as no other car I know. I accelerated away from a construction zone, slowly, not thinking twice of it but clearly too much power for the wet/cold road and before you know it you're briefly traveling sideways at 160km/h.  Smiley

Instant sweat SmileySmiley 

--

too bad about that negative experience....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Gnil:
    Porker:
    Gnil:

This is considered fun?Smiley

--

nberry:
    Gnil:
    Porker:
    Gnil:

Sport ! Smiley

--

Gnil:
    nberry:
    Gnil:
    Porker:
    Gnil:

Sport ! Smiley

SmileySmiley

--

Porker:
    Gnil:

Sorry if I missed it, but are you running winter tires?  Because they should not snap like this....

--

No it's Michelin PS4S so they would snap at freezing temperatures, it's the ferocity that is surprising... And the lenient behavior of the ESC.

--

Porker:

No it's Michelin PS4S so they would snap at freezing temperatures, it's the ferocity that is surprising... And the lenient behavior of the ESC.

Wow, there is no way on earth I would be driving these tires in winter, surprised you are willing to take that risk.  And its not at freezing temperatures, summer compound grip degrades at temps below 10C, and very fast under 6C or so, by freezing you have actually hit the "glass transition" where the rubber no longer behaves like any rubber you know. You have found out what that feels like - you cannot predict where you'll lose traction.  A set of Pirelli Sottozero or the like would make the car actually fun again in winter.  Not really sure what you are trying to prove here... but please rethink.

--

Porker:

At the risk of stating the obvious - you have too heavy a right foot from years of driving underpowered cars SmileySmiley.

4trac:
    Porker:

Wow, there is no way on earth I would be driving these tires in winter, surprised you are willing to take that risk.  And its not at freezing temperatures, summer compound grip degrades at temps below 10C, and very fast under 6C or so, by freezing you have actually hit the "glass transition" where the rubber no longer behaves like any rubber you know. You have found out what that feels like - you cannot predict where you'll lose traction.  A set of Pirelli Sottozero or the like would make the car actually fun again in winter.  Not really sure what you are trying to prove here... but please rethink.

+1

Summer tires?! Smiley

I just put a set of Pirelli Sottozero on the GT4. The low lip is a bit of a snow plow but there is plenty of traction. I would never dream of driving it with summer tires and it has half the power of the Ferrari Smiley Still faster, obviously.

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

If you crash u have a big insurance issue...

4trac:
    Porker:

Not trying to prove anything, it was a means of transport as the Mercedes wasn't available. I'm the first one to recommend winter tires, but it's just not worth it on the Ferrari for that 1 or 2 times I have to use it at these temperatures. 

--

bluelines:
    4trac:
    Porker:

+1

Summer tires?! Smiley

I just put a set of Pirelli Sottozero on the GT4. The low lip is a bit of a snow plow but there is plenty of traction. I would never dream of driving it with summer tires and it has half the power of the Ferrari Smiley Still faster, obviously.

I have the same on my Performante, very nice winter tires. Smiley

Pirelli Scorpion Winter on my Trackhawk, excellent as well for such a heavy truck.

--

Porker:
    4trac:
    Porker:

Not trying to prove anything, it was a means of transport as the Mercedes wasn't available. I'm the first one to recommend winter tires, but it's just not worth it on the Ferrari for that 1 or 2 times I have to use it at these temperatures. 

Well you have heard the mob here, it just was not a good idea.  For one or two times, I would have just rented something with all-seasons.  On the other hand, you have found out it might be fun to actually keep using your green monster even if less frequently; you might be surprised at how much fun it could be.... with proper tires.  The only limitation then is the front lip as Bluelines describes.... but I don't imagine you receive that many really heavy snows where you are, more just cold and wet conditions, where something like the Sottozero would feel like a F1 car on wets.  

The RT group can be critical, but at times like this is I think out of genuine care.  

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM