Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari 812 Superfast

Why someone with his reflexes has the manettino on ESC-off in central London mail 

Thank god no bicycle was coming when he crossed their lane.

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:

Why someone with his reflexes has the manettino on ESC-off in central London mail 

My guess? he just wanted to do a burnout on the bridge leaving a couple rubber lines on the road. And he overestimated his driving ability. 

Think he did that before without incident so he thinks he can handle another one. 

--

This usually happens when the tires have not warmed up. Also, over a bridge there are wet spots. Once he hit the throttle his reaction wouldn't have saved the car. The time between losing control and hitting the bridge was too short.

--

A good memory is fine but the ability to forget is the one true test of greatness.

F12 was the same - TC off was a clear no-go - the back tires break loose after 4500 RPM in 2nd easily no matter of any tire or outside temperatures. The car is very scary even with TC on.

Zero regard for those cyclist, what an assmail

I think hitting the rev limiter which cut power to the wheels right when they started to slip didn't help in controlling the oversteer...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Whoopsy:
    Porker:

My guess? he just wanted to do a burnout on the bridge leaving a couple rubber lines on the road. And he overestimated his driving ability. 

Think he did that before without incident so he thinks he can handle another one. 

Maybe but I know a couple of people who once they enter their sportscar, they turn ESP off. As a general habit. This is why I witnessed a 720S accident on the Autobahn in rain last year, he forgot he had turned ESP off when we left the fuel station and the rest is...history. Same as his car. Smiley

I drive in Corsa mode but never turn ESP off (just maybe on some deserted parking lots or airfields to experience the limits of the car in certain driving situations). Even in rain, I drive in Corsa mode because I got used to it. The ESP is still on but Corsa mode allows a little bit more leeway than Strada. I can handle it but turning ESP off? No way, this is so dangerous on public roads where you have barely room to correct any even small driving mistake.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

rhino:

Zero regard for those cyclist, what an assmail

Which reminds me of an incident many years ago: A friend in his Porsche 911 Carrera passed a cyclist in the city very very close, he almost hit him with the right mirror. I was behind him, so I witnessed the whole thing. The cyclist came to his window on the driver side and started arguing with him. As a result, the cyclist kicked his door (no kidding) and fled. I followed him (in a very uncivilized manner I have to admit) but he got away. My take from this: Never argue with a cyclist and never put them in a situation where this gets so emotional that they overreact. Better for both parties.

Sportscar drivers need to be more careful on public roads since many people think that we are dangerous speeders anyway. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

Sportscar drivers need to be more careful on public roads since many people think that we are dangerous speeders anyway. 

Some of them do these kind of things on purpose Smiley

When you ride your bike a lot, you always experience dangerous or unbelievable things even if you follow the traffic rules. This summer in Munich in the 30km/h zone. I was faster than allowed on the bike (30-35), on the opposite lane traffic, overtaking impossible. Behind me a Hurracan Spyder. First gear, less than a meter distance. Then he honks the horn.

This went on for about 500m. Then he could overtake. He drove next to me (only 50cm distance) and tried to splash me wet with the windscreen wiper. Then he accelerated fully.

200m further on, red traffic light. Small discussion, limited politeness.  I convinced him that a water bottle with pure water is more effective than a windscreen wiper with windscreen cleaner. End of the discussion

In my opinion the two videos show two complete idiots. Small balls meet small brain

Itsme:

In my opinion the two videos show two complete idiots. Small balls meet small brain

Completely agree. My view is life is too short to engage in these zero sum confrontations. The driver in the car always has more to lose than gain. Just let it wash over you and remind yourself who is sitting in the Lambo/Ferrari/Porsche/McLaren/ Rolls and what you have to go home to and how blessed you are.

PS - no need for these stupid aftermarket exhausts either ( are you listening @Porker SmileySmileySmiley)

indecision

crayphile:
    Itsme:

Completely agree. My view is life is too short to engage in these zero sum confrontations. The driver in the car always has more to lose than gain. Just let it wash over you and remind yourself who is sitting in the Lambo/Ferrari/Porsche/McLaren/ Rolls and what you have to go home to and how blessed you are.

PS - no need for these stupid aftermarket exhausts either ( are you listening @Porker SmileySmileySmiley)

SmileySmiley

Those are my exact thoughts when I encounter idiots on the road. I remind myself  “I have a hell of a lot more to lose” when incidents occur on the road. I ignore and drive away.Smiley

--

A good memory is fine but the ability to forget is the one true test of greatness.

crayphile:
    Itsme:

Not planning any of the sort, don't worry. Smiley

Like I said, proper alignment/cornerweighting to make sure it uses all of its dynamic potential, and that's it. 

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Itsme:

When you ride your bike a lot, you always experience dangerous or unbelievable things even if you follow the traffic rules. This summer in Munich in the 30km/h zone. I was faster than allowed on the bike (30-35), on the opposite lane traffic, overtaking impossible. Behind me a Hurracan Spyder. First gear, less than a meter distance. Then he honks the horn.

This went on for about 500m. Then he could overtake. He drove next to me (only 50cm distance) and tried to splash me wet with the windscreen wiper. Then he accelerated fully.

200m further on, red traffic light. Small discussion, limited politeness.  I convinced him that a water bottle with pure water is more effective than a windscreen wiper with windscreen cleaner. End of the discussion

I such situations, it is better for the sports car driver to stay calm and do not react.

This is also about how we deal with each other in traffic: I love fully accelerating in my Performante but of course not downtown or near crowds of people. When I see people walking on the sidewalk or cyclists riding their bike, I pass them without fully accelerating or without downshifts because I know how loud these sounds are and how it can affect people. Sometimes, I am standing at a stop light, with pedestrians passing the street and a pedestrian or another car driver make me signs to press the throttle. I never do it. Yes, they are disappointed but I am not a clown who needs attention and/or wants to unnecessarily annoy people. 

Thoughtfulness is the key factor here: Do not annoy people, even if they annoy you. I think I told you guys the story of a friend who got his Porsche door kicked and damaged by a cyclist. It wouldn't have happened if my friend would just have let it go. No need for getting emotional in traffic, this can end badly.

--

crayphile:
    Itsme:

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

Novitec Ferrari 812 GTS

The extensive product range includes aerodynamic-enhancement components  in naked carbon, customized hi-tech forged wheels developed in  cooperation with American manufacturer Vossen, a power upgrade to 618 kW  / 840 hp, high-performance exhaust systems in various versions, and an  interior tailored to the customer's wishes in every detail.

Beautiful car but I hate to say this: Power upgrades on this car are pointless and may even devalue it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:

Beautiful car but I hate to say this: Power upgrades on this car are pointless and may even devalue it. Smiley

Adding aftermarket aerokits makes it faster and more stable over stock Smiley

Poor timing to release this just before 812 GTO release...

mcdelaug:

Blame the EU and its emission standards that is getting tighter and tighter 2025 > 2030 > 2035 > All EV Smiley

mcdelaug:

Timing aside, this is a completely unnecessary vehicle.

crayphile:
    mcdelaug:

Same could be said about 99% of the cars we lust over on this forum. 

Enmanuel:
    crayphile:
    mcdelaug:

Same could be said about 99% of the cars we lust over on this forum. 

I think you misunderstood me. The base GTS is just fine.

crayphile:
    mcdelaug:

Smiley Tuning these cars is a crime. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

crayphile:
    mcdelaug:

Agreed, as RC said, the value of the is lower after a tuner touches it. And if you “need” a more extreme version the GTO is the better option.

Gilding a lily that doesn't need it. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

mcdelaug:
    crayphile:
    mcdelaug:

Agreed, as RC said, the value of the is lower after a tuner touches it. And if you “need” a more extreme version the GTO is the better option.

Smiley I was never a fan of tuning. Tuning a 911 Turbo (older Mezger engine models) or a Hellcat engined US car? Why not? Tuning a Lamborghini, Ferrari or McLaren? Nope, not a fan. Same goes to the GT3/GT3 RS, unless Manthey does some of their magic (mostly chassis). In the past, I looked at cars as some sort of toys, never really cared about them per se but more about performance. Now, I walk around my Performante and almost see it like a form of art. I love looking at this car (of course I love driving it as well). Same goes to other cars: A guy I know came over with his SVJ last year...I spent half an hour just looking at the car. Ferrari...Lamborghini...McLaren...some Porsche models...pieces of art if you look beyond the performance and four wheels.

--

Ferrari 812 VS Announced In Video Message Sent To Potential Customers

The V12-powered Versione Speciale could debut as early as next week.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753168 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430753 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258608 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255470 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79528 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868357 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801926 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM