Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2020] Formula 1

Bottas is very quick, but his driving style is harder on the tyres. He runs out of rubber much sooner. Plus he does a few mistakes now and then while under stress.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

The problem is not Bottas, the problem is Hamilton he is a to complete driver and Bottas is not on par. I would love to see Verstappen as Hamilton’s team mate, but that will not happen unfortunately. My actual favorite is Verstappen, I think he rings the whole package... unlike Bottas. By the way my all time favorite is Senna, still remember the day he died, I was watching it live, and then I hated Schumacher (very sad what happened to him) as he won the race that same day! After Since than I was only a real Kimi fan until today, was really happy for him as he won 2007 after missing the title twice by a point or two.... 

The future are Verstappen and Leclerc IMO, but they need proper cars

NR was a fantastic driver but he knew that he‘d only have one shot (if any) against LH, and this led to his climax in 2016 (world champion) and his sudden retirement (he just ran emotionally out of gas) - he only won his first, one & only F1 title because Lewis didn’t take him fully serious right from the beginning of that season as he assumed that Nico will crumble under pressure again (like in the years before)!

When Hamilton  saw that Rosberg is keeping his pace and playing successfully mind games with/ to him it was (almost) to late to react, but the boiling point was when Lewis led big time in Malaysia and suddenly he had an engine failure which costed him the championship 😡

So no, Nico didn’t made Lewis to a better driver but made him much more cautious to some potential threads from his team mate/ VB

Lewis can only beat himself in combination with this Uber Mercedes he is driving... he is a natural talent 

Lord_Driftalot:

NR was a fantastic driver but he knew that he‘d only have one shot (if any) against LH, and this led to his climax in 2016 (world champion) and his sudden retirement (he just ran emotionally out of gas) - he only won his first, one & only F1 title because Lewis didn’t take him fully serious right from the beginning of that season as he assumed that Nico will crumble under pressure again (like in the years before)!

When Hamilton  saw that Rosberg is keeping his pace and playing successfully mind games with/ to him it was (almost) to late to react, but the boiling point was when Lewis led big time in Malaysia and suddenly he had an engine failure which costed him the championship 😡

So no, Nico didn’t made Lewis to a better driver but made him much more cautious to some potential threads from his team mate/ VB

Hamilton wouldn't have lost the championship to Rosberg has his engine didn't died while leading the Malasian GP.

So it was just racing luck that Rosberg won that year. 

But I do agree the head to head with Rosberg made Hamilton a even better driver than he already is. Keke taught his son well in race craft. 

--

LH is a great driver. He rarely does any mistakes while under pressure and hes very good with tire conservation.

As you seen in the first lap, he was struggling to get grip so he was very careful and let Bottas pass. He said in the interview that he let him pass because he knew he would probably pass him later on. And so he did, 20 laps later.

Winning by 25secs is alot in F1.

Anyway, the first laps were awesome. Lots of action! Raikkonen gained 10 positions angel

From turn 1 to turn 8 there were alot of good fights (Rai vs Sainz, Perez vs Ocon, etc). Lots of overtakes in the straight, strong DRS.

Albon being lapped by Max

No idea how Ocon drove with those tires for 54 laps. Impressive tire conservation.

Perez, GJ for recovering so many positions.

Leclerc was good all weekend and got a 4th place with that medriocre car, well done.

Nice editing: https://twitter.com/F1/status/1320413814869741570

Whoopsy:

It's so nice to see them racing on something other than a flat circuit. I think they should come back to race here again next year.

Unfortunately, Portugal can't afford to blow so many millions to host GP every year so I doubt we will see F1 races here again anytime soon. Which is a shame, I think most people liked this unique circuit alot despite being a bit slippery due to being re-surfaced 1 month ago.

We wish we had oil and we could burn money like the UAE, etc Smiley

Whoopsy:
    Hamilton wouldn't have lost the championship to Rosberg has his engine didn't died while leading the Malasian GP.

So it was just racing luck that Rosberg won that year. 

But I do agree the head to head with Rosberg made Hamilton a even better driver than he already is. Keke taught his son well in race craft. 

--

The final outcome is correct but if Lewis would have taken Nico more serious right from the start of the season he wouldn’t have had so many weekends where he missed out opportunities to keep Nico behind!

Hamilton always knew (and still knows) that he‘s a better driver than anyone in the grid especially when it matters the most (see VB on the other hand).

Forgot to add what major disappointment AB is this season, he started so strong when he joined RB last year but now he‘s barely on his level.

Very surprised to see him still in the team!

Another surprise is extremely week performance of Seb, even that I still believe he‘s a multiple F1-champ because of his cars in his prime it’s absolutely not understandable to me why he‘s so bad this season and underperforming against CL

Agree o both points. The redbull seems to be a really difficult car to drive, and AA has trouble getting his confidence in it. Such a shame, another rookie cracked under the pressure of driving next to Max...

There is a really interesting shot at 1min43 of the last youtube clip, where you see Leclerc getting a tow from Max, he singshots past, and then the car is dead in the water, no power at all.

About Seb... I think it is the same thing, in the regard that the Ferrari is a terrible car at the moment. Charles seems to be able to handle it, but Seb doesn't.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Topspeed:

Unfortunately, Portugal can't afford to blow so many millions to host GP every year so I doubt we will see F1 races here again anytime soon. Which is a shame, I think most people liked this unique circuit alot despite being a bit slippery due to being re-surfaced 1 month ago.

We wish we had oil and we could burn money like the UAE, etc Smiley

One of the very best tracks for F1 Smiley.  What a difference compared to the usual boring flat shaped, with hardly any overtaking possible tracks . This one should be in every season.

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Absolutely, Gnil

My driver of the day - Leclerc. He certainly has fantastic race craft to finish 4th in that Fezza, as much as LH

MV, CL and LH on par imo.

Vettel, is that dude really trying?. Perez, get that dude in a decent car too, he would push them all at the very least.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Perez at Red Bull next year instead of Albon ?  I am pretty disappointed by Albon. had lots of hope in him. I guess the pressure at Red Bull is too much for the young drivers . They need to be though skinned , arrogant, pushy like MV to be able to cope . 

--

Gnil:

Perez at Red Bull next year instead of Albon ?  I am pretty disappointed by Albon. had lots of hope in him. I guess the pressure at Red Bull is too much for the young drivers . They need to be though skinned , arrogant, pushy like MV to be able to cope . 

Yes, I was thinking yesterday Perez for RB. He could hustle that Red Bull I am sure. Plus, Perez has a lot to prove after being booted out of RP. It’s taken time, but I think he is ready now for a top car.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    Gnil:

Yes, I was thinking yesterday Perez for RB. He could hustle that Red Bull I am sure. Plus, Perez has a lot to prove after being booted out of RP. It’s taken time, but I think he is ready now for a top car.

Plus he comes with a huge sponsor budget . That plays a big part too in these troubled times. 

--

Ferrari dismisses talk of Leclerc and Vettel F1 cars not being identical

Vettel's comments have been interpreted by some as him suggesting that Ferrari may not be running its cars in the same specification for both drivers.

Vettel might be right. I doubt it's all about low motivation. His car is most likely worse than Leclerc's.

Topspeed:

Vettel's comments have been interpreted by some as him suggesting that Ferrari may not be running its cars in the same specification for both drivers.

Vettel might be right. I doubt it's all about low motivation. His car is most likely worse than Leclerc's.

Agree and the incentives for different cars is obvious when SC is leaving for a competitor next year.  Why give Aston-Martin additional information about a car that remains somewhat similar to this year’s car.  

Poor Max is in trouble now.

r94ponfq6fv51.jpg

JoeRockhead:

Poor Max is in trouble now.

r94ponfq6fv51.jpg

Ffs, it drive me nuts being one of theses guys. You have to express yourself accordingly all the bloody time

And what sad sack bubbled him up. Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Topspeed:

Remember - Machiavelli was an "Italian"!

Whoopsy:

Bottas is actually a very quick driver, don't underestimate his skillsets. In he same car and setups, he can out qualify Hamilton. 

He has great single lap pace, what he is lacking is proper race craft and pace in long stints. 

Does he even know how to overtake SmileySmiley?

crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

Bottas is actually a very quick driver, don't underestimate his skillsets. In he same car and setups, he can out qualify Hamilton. 

He has great single lap pace, what he is lacking is proper race craft and pace in long stints. 

MB don’t care though do they.

Bottas is the perfect combo to LH, he does as he is told. They would never let him a go and replace him with another mega ego. Verstappen for example, no way would MB take him, he would rock their nice and steady boat and LH WOULD feel heat. Love to see Max boot his butt Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

Haha that's called race craft. Something I said he is lacking. 

Easier to do if a car is superior, but if the advantage is small, then it takes time and effort and strategy to setup a passing maneuver. 

--

Whoopsy:

I know Smiley. I was having a dig at Bottas not you. Did you think this was the Tesla thread SmileySmileySmiley

Whoopsy:
    crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

RB has similar situation to MB with their two drivers.

I wouldn’t call it ‘’race craft”’. It’s more like Max and Lewis no how to hustle their cars, Bottas , Albon too nice aren’t they. 
    Said it before, get Perez in place of Albon, seems like a no brainier.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

If you put Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen and Leclerc in the same MB I would predict that Hamilton would win 75% of the time.

964C2:

If you put Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen and Leclerc in the same MB I would predict that Hamilton would win 75% of the time.

Mad Max for me, LH knows Max is the real deal. I would put money on it if ever it become a reality

Leclerc , they would share the races 50 50, imo 

Vettel, so hard to call isn’t it. Love to see him pushing the front again next season.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    964C2:

Mad Max for me, LH knows Max is the real deal. I would put money on it if ever it become a reality

Leclerc , they would share the races 50 50, imo 

Vettel, so hard to call isn’t it. Love to see him pushing the front again next season.

Max improved a lot since he started, but he is still a bit raw. Not quite complete yet. Hamilton is one of those generational gifted drivers that's naturally fast. Same group of drivers as Senna and Schumacher.

I would put Max in the next group down, say a Prost, Alonso, but those 2 have championships in their backpack. Eventually I think Max will win one. He is definitely in the top 3 for car control, saving that slide in Brazil is out of this world. 

--

I think winning just the one Max would see that as a miserable career 

I got him down for lots more, just needs a car on par with the next best one

F1 should thank Max, without him F1 the last two seasons would have drawn a blank, quite literally I mean that too.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Max needs the Mercedes seat - otherwise he will not be able to win a WT. Even if they freeze the engine and they can keep the Honda I do not think anybody will catch Mercedes in the near future....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689513 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409199 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255721 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234975 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65522 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857947 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773998 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM