Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Parting is such a sweet sorrow.....

With much sorrow and a great deal of sadness, we’ve parted company with our Boxster GTS. We’ve had five and a half amazing years with this car, but SWMBO has found it increasingly uncomfortable and the comparatively restricted interior, for her the overly firm ride and lack of seat adjustments has made the decision to look for a car that for her is more comfortable and for me as enjoyable. We looked at all sorts of different manufacturers, models and types of cars, but really wanted to stay with Porsche. Even SWMBO, who is not a petrol head but has enjoyed sharing our Porsche experiences over the years wanted to stay with them. So surprisingly for us the “Goldilocks” car that ticked all the right boxes with ease of access and comfort for her and provided me with my Porsche - fix was a 911. So after a long test drive on varying road types we’ve signed up for a two year old low mileage 991/2 Carrera T PDK, ride comfort a big improvement over the Boxster, even with SPASM suspension, the greater range of seat adjustments with the 18 way sports seats sealed it for us. Hopefully take delivery next week. 

--

VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

Re: Parting is such a sweet sorrow.....

dreamcar:

With much sorrow and a great deal of sadness, we’ve parted company with our Boxster GTS. We’ve had five and a half amazing years with this car, but SWMBO has found it increasingly uncomfortable and the comparatively restricted interior, for her the overly firm ride and lack of seat adjustments has made the decision to look for a car that for her is more comfortable and for me as enjoyable. We looked at all sorts of different manufacturers, models and types of cars, but really wanted to stay with Porsche. Even SWMBO, who is not a petrol head but has enjoyed sharing our Porsche experiences over the years wanted to stay with them. So surprisingly for us the “Goldilocks” car that ticked all the right boxes with ease of access and comfort for her and provided me with my Porsche - fix was a 911. So after a long test drive on varying road types we’ve signed up for a two year old low mileage 991/2 Carrera T PDK, ride comfort a big improvement over the Boxster, even with SPASM suspension, the greater range of seat adjustments with the 18 way sports seats sealed it for us. Hopefully take delivery next week. 

--

Congratulations, the 991.2 T is certainly a very nice ride. Smiley Smiley Even better, when it has SWMBO approval. Smiley Looking forward to see pics of your new baby. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

Congratulations, the 991.2 T is certainly a very nice ride. Smiley Smiley Even better, when it has SWMBO approval. Smiley Looking forward to see pics of your new baby. 

Thanks RC SmileyCouple of photos taken on the dealer’s forecourt, more once we take delivery Smiley A good deal, the car comes with all four new tyres, nearly 3 years Porsche warranty, ceramic paint treatment and they are recoating the brake calipers.

430C4892-38E9-4C47-830B-C92B1929F1D8.jpeg
    9E086657-E1C2-4D8F-96C5-59032B98EBEA.jpeg

--

dreamcar:

--

The 991 will be an excellent new experience Smiley

Congrats! wink

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

Congrats and enjoy  wink

Looks lovely, buddy

With the 18 ways you and the Mrs will find that perfect position. I had the 18 way sport seats in my GT3.1 and little tweaks here and there via the buttons found the perfect set up .Smiley

Enjoy it in good health Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Congrats dc! winkwink

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

throt:

Looks lovely, buddy

With the 18 ways you and the Mrs will find that perfect position. I had the 18 way sport seats in my GT3.1 and little tweaks here and there via the buttons found the perfect set up .Smiley

Enjoy it in good health Smiley

Thanks throt Smiley I don’t have sufficient chest hair for a GT3 Smiley 

--

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. It was a big surprise  for both us how much more comfortable the 991 is than the Boxster, from what I recall more so than the 997/2 Carrera S we had six years ago (which didn’t have the 18 way seats). SWMBO always preferred the 911....

--

Very wise choice, congrats!

--

1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2018 Mini JCW

dreamcar:

--

Pity loosing a major part of the 981 GTS minority here - BUUUUT, quite understandable.

Though I do - luckily - not have any health issues (yet), I have a bit of an issue with the space in my Cayman sometimes. Therefore, getting a 991 T is an excellent decision (could have been my own decision ...) and the seat adjustment possibilities into the back arrea will provide a loooot of additional comfort. Enjoy in good health Smiley

Congrats DC kiss  You got me n worried there..... but when you mentioned the T, all was fine again . Probably a car much better suited for retirement, but wi still a nice edge  indecision  

I saw Porsche Jeck earlier this year and he and his wife have been driving all over Europe with their T. They love it !

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Congrats DC kiss  You gor me nearly worried there..... but when you mentioned the T, all was fine again . Probably a car much better suited for retirement, but will still a nice hedge  indecision  

I saw Porsche Jeck earlier this year and he and his wife have been driving all over Europe with their T. They love it !

Porsche Jeck, hope that dude is okay. Yep, I remember the purchase of his T too. Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Congrats Dreamcar. That's the 911 version of the GT4. indecision

Great choice dreamcar.

Congratulations and you both enjoy many pleasant drives Smiley

I am glad you stayed with Porsche Smiley

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Congrats dreamcar! Had me concerned for a second, I'm happy SWMBO agreed on the T! Enjoy in good healthwink

Congratulations on the opportunity to stay within the sporty side of the Porsche family.  

reginos:

Great choice dreamcar.

Congratulations and you both enjoy many pleasant drives Smiley

I am glad you stayed with Porsche Smiley

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Thank you reginos! This car immediately felt right, in the same way the Boxster GTS did. Strangely 7 years ago we had a 997/2 Carrera S, somehow we didn’t quite gel with it, not entirely sure why. Smiley Maybe after such a bad experience with the Cayman we had previously we bought it in too much haste just to get out of the Cayman.

--

Gnil:

Congrats DC kiss  You gor me nearly worried there..... but when you mentioned the T, all was fine again . Probably a car much better suited for retirement, but will still a nice hedge  indecision  

Thank you Gnil Smiley

We met Achim back in 2006 when we undertook the factory collection of our much loved 987/1 Boxster S and again a couple of years later when I accompanied a friend when he collected his 997/2 turbo from Stuttgart. He and his wife Maggie made us most welcome, when we stopped off at Düsseldorf on our way home, even took us to the Ring and treated us to a couple of quick laps in his 987 Boxster he had at the time,  a real gentleman a great shame he doesn’t frequent RT any more.

--

Congratulations! Compromise - the key to a successful relationship kiss.

nice find dreamcar.

enjoy it in good health.wink

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S;  2019 Speedster

crayphile:

Congratulations! Compromise - the key to a successful relationship kiss.

So true! I must have a the most understanding wife on the planet though! Smiley

--

Congratulation to your very nice T. kiss

I enjoyed my Miamiblue T very much...a great car.

Blueflame

blueflame:

Congratulation to your very nice T. kiss

I enjoyed my Miamiblue T very much...a great car.

Blueflame

Thank you Smiley If I’d had a choice of colour Miami blue would have been it Smiley

--

throt:

Porsche Jeck, hope that dude is okay. Yep, I remember the purchase of his T too. Smiley

Enjoing retirement ! He has been all over the place by car or sailing. We bumped into him in front of Porsche / Manthey at the Ring , he was getting his T serviced. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    throt:

Enjoing retirement ! He has been all over the place by car or sailing. We bumped into him in front of Porsche / Manthey at the Ring , he was getting his T serviced. 

Good to hear, buddy.

Just looking, we registered on RT over 15 yrs ago. 39 yrs old then, wow, just young lads then Smiley

Time certainly flies by Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Gnil:
    throt:

Pleased to hear that, some years ago he came over here, and we fixed him up at the hotel in Beaulieu in the New Forest close to where we live 

--

Whew.... thought you were leading up to admitting you've gone to a loaded Panamera.....cheeky but, staying in a sporting 911 is still well into the driving fun.  Hope you have a mild winter and can get a few road trips ASAP... kiss

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

Wise choice DC! I actually think the missus forced you into a better car. angrysmiley

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690524 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409779 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256038 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235280 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65650 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858453 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774746 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM