Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Huracan Performante (2019)

the-missile:
    RC:

Are you serious? First, I do not come in contact with anyone during my drives and second, you know what I do for a living? Smiley I am out every day for at least 10 hours, working with sick people. I come in contact with at least 50 people per day, besides the fact that I have antibodies (confirmed by two tests out of three, today I had my fourth one). Smiley 

We have no real curfew in Bavaria, people can go out, take a walk, ride a bicycle, drive to work and/or to a nearby lake or forest for a walk. Only "senseless" driving around without a (necessary) target location is forbidden but this was not really allowed before, even without the corona virus. Smiley 

Also, only Bavaria has the strict "no driving for pleasure" rule.

The main reason why driving around without a "purpose" is not permitted is hospital capacity. If an accident happens and you have to go to the hospital... ICU capacity in Germany is at an average of 40% now, so no real problem. In one of the biggest clinics in my region, ICU capacity is at 50%.

Long story short: Relax. We do not have a strict curfew like in the UAE.

Christian, you are leaving in Bavaria and pleasure driving is not allowed at the moment - in line with the restrictions communicated by M. Söder. I did not get your bragging about a press card Smiley, I think it was not appropriate thing to do during this time. Being a pharmacist allows you to do certain things related to your work. Long Story short; it could be good to be an example for your kids and for the people around Smiley there is plenty of time to drive the Lambo. 

Bragging? It is legal. 100%. Creating media content (see Autobahn photo). Did I also enjoy it? Of course, why not?! Gercollector has done various videos and photo shoots and everything is completely legal. Smiley No issues here and while most people sit on their asses in the comfort of their sofas, I actually put my health and the one of my loved ones on the line each and every day. Just saying...and yes, now I am bragging. Smiley

For UAE, our restrictions are lifted since friday, you can go few hours a day outside without any permit as long as you have a mask and respect distancing...I just hope people will be serious enough to avoid a massive second wave. relying on people mindset can be tricky.

A second wave will be a problem in many countries, including Germany. Just let the second wave come in autumn combined with a serious Influenza wave and... Smiley Many virologists have pointed this out many times but politicians do not always listen...or want to listen...or understand. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Update: Car has over 12000 km now, only issue so far has been a popping up orange OBD light twice, which apparently is just a malfunction, there is nothing wrong with the car. It could be related to the 102 octane (97 octane US) fuel I am using but nobody knows for sure. It happened once when I washed the car with pressurized water, at the same time, the rear view camera seized working as well but resumed working once the OBD light went off by itself.

I checked the ECU/etc. data and the errors saved are just minor incidents, mostly related to MOST bus communication errors and the entertainment system.

Performance seems to be great, everyone (including me) is surprised how fast this car is and not only in curves. It is no secret that some V10 engines suffer from power output issues but mine is definitely delivering the 640 hp the factory claims. 

I stopped driving faster than 270 kph because of the lower tire pressure and certain tire noises above 320 kph and on certain surfaces (horrible). 270 kph is a very comfortable Autobahn speed and the lower tire pressure allows for better performance in curves. Also, at speeds over 300 kph, fuel consumption is just crazy high. If I keep it up to 270 kph only, fuel consumption is surprisingly low, I get a range of around 380-400 km, which is amazing for such a car.

Car still gets a lot of (wanted) attention, mostly positive, which is still surprising. Even now in Corona times, people don't seem to hold a grudge, on the contrary.

IMG_5144.jpg

For those who are interested in Performante videos (road and track), check out this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmB794griNA

He also owns a GT3 RS MR and he is an excellent track driver too (Nordschleife BTG under 7 minutes).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Terrific sinister looking car - if perhaps slightly too subtle. Question is, what are you going to replace it with?

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, X3 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

RC:

Update: Car has over 12000 km now

Wow - I thought I have driven mine so much - but you are far more using your beautiful car,

--

AM

ALDO:
    RC:

Update: Car has over 12000 km now

Wow - I thought I have driven mine so much - but you are far more using your beautiful car,

Thank you, Adnan but I am driving it on weekends only and usually on one day only (Saturday or Sunday) but we do a lot of trips to the mountains. Smiley Smiley

--

bridggar:

Terrific sinister looking car - if perhaps slightly too subtle. Question is, what are you going to replace it with?

Nothing. Smiley I will check out the new STO but I think it will be too extreme and too expensive (base price over 300k).

To be blunt: I am slowly moving towards 60 and need to keep an eye at my retirement. I am more interested in stock markets than buying cars right now to be honest. 

This basically means that I am done with sports car buying for now, I will get another business car after the GLC63 S AMG, maybe a Tesla 3 Performance, maybe something else but my wife plans to get a 992 something end of next year, so we definitely will have another Porsche in our garage at some point.

If I had all the money in this world, I would get these "new" cars (as an addition to the Performante of course):

765LT (Autobahn monster), Urus (best family car ever), SF90 Asseto Fiorano (this car just fascinates me and I think it is a bargain), Aventador SVJ Roadster (this is basically art on wheels), 488 Pista Piloti (I don't know, this car is just appealing to me), F150 Shelby (my son will love me forever for this one Smiley), Taycan Turbo S (yes, my green conscience Smiley), GT2 RS (no love on first look but on third), G63 AMG (always my dream off-roader), Lamborghini Huracan STO (maybe the only reason I would go on the track again if this car is as promising as...promised).

--

When the STO will be launched?

November this year, as far as I heard.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Shmee150 just confessed that he wanted to get a Huracan Performante but with his Ford GT and Senna orders, he lacked the financial means at that time. I never knew that.

Also, he is thinking of adding a Lamborghini Huracan Performante or the new STO (STS?) to his collection.

He was invited to a Gercollector event where he was able to drive the Performante on the Red Bull Ring.

https://youtu.be/mLvMhWH1-9g

--

this was not GERcollectors Trackday. It was a Pirelli Trackday  https://pzeroexperience.pirelli.com/de-de/redbullring

hunterone:

this was not GERcollectors Trackday. It was a Pirelli Trackday  https://pzeroexperience.pirelli.com/de-de/redbullring

Pirelli and BMW invited him and he invited his friends and people close to him. 😉 Pirelli and BMW paid for it. They weren’t only on the 20th there. Michi brought many of his cars with him, incl. his Huracan Super Trofeo, his Senna and his F40.

Muc.collector, the_blackhall and many others were there as well.

--

Who are Michi and Muc.collector?

wantone:

Very “famous” Instagram influencers here in Germany and especially in Bavaria.

Shmee’s last video...that McLaren Longtail is Muc.collector’s car. Gercollector is the other one, both have a very nice car collection but Muc.collectors collection is insane, he has three McLaren Senna and of course many other amazing cars. I am trying to bring them here to Rennteam but their main interest is Instagram and now YouYube, car forums are not their thing. I met Gercollector at a Lambo event the first time, very nice but shy guy. 

--

I'm sorry, I question to a degree why anyone would have a Senna, but having three is plain silly. Unless it is purely for speculation (in which case it would be easier to get a better return on any number of things). 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mithras:

I'm sorry, I question to a degree why anyone would have a Senna, but having three is plain silly. Unless it is purely for speculation (in which case it would be easier to get a better return on any number of things). 

He has the Senna, the Senna LM and the Senna XP. 😉 Trust me, for a collector, it makes a lot of sense.

--

RC:
    Mithras:

He has the Senna, the Senna LM and the Senna XP. 😉 Trust me, for a collector, it makes a lot of sense.

That makes more sense. I thought it was just 3x of the original. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

RC:
    wantone:

I am trying to bring them here to Rennteam but their main interest is Instagram and now YouYube, car forums are not their thing. I met Gercollector at a Lambo event the first time, very nice but shy guy.

It would be great to have them but, I do question the shy bit. Anyone who regularly posts their collection on Instagram is not shy. Now, I  am shy,  and do not post on Instagram but enjoy looking at their posts SmileySmileySmiley. @Gercollector is a good driver too judging by some of the posts.

... and no way is Shmee driving anyone of my cars. 

Trust me, he is very shy and yes, he is a very good driver. He loves cars. He shows off the cars, not himself.

Btw: I‘m a shy guy too. 😉 Not that shy though, at least not on the surface. 🤓

--

RC:

Trust me, he is very shy and yes, he is a very good driver. He loves cars. He shows off the cars, not himself.

Not shy enough. He's even doing paid partnership posts - but no doubt he is a good guy and stays behind rather than in front of the camera.

His Instagram posts and even the car events he attends to are about the cars, not him. I know this is difficult to believe.

--

It is a weird instagram if you don't show the face. People need to connect with the person behind the cars. Like Shmee for example.

How ~old are these guys (Gerrcollector and Muc collector)?

Who cares who these people are tbh? yes

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

911tts:

How ~old are these guys (Gerrcollector and Muc collector)?

Gercollector is in his 30s, Muc.collector in his 50s/60s (difficult to tell...but he also has a son, jr. who also loves cars).

--

Porker:

Germans care and apparently Shmee and the entire car industry here as well. 😂

the_blackhall is another one here (my son knows his daughter well) but he closed his Instagram account because someone leaked the location of the garage. 👀

--

RC:
    Porker:

the_blackhall is another one here (my son knows his daughter well) but he closed his Instagram account because someone leaked the location of the garage. 👀

I mean who cares about the person behind these accounts, whether he's young/old, shy, ugly, ...  What does it matter? Smiley

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

wantone:

It is a weird instagram if you don't show the face. People need to connect with the person behind the cars. Like Shmee for example.

Tim runs Shmee150 as a business. Gercollector doesn‘t care about money, his family is very wealthy. Muc.collector is on a completely different level of wealth, no need (and not “healthy”) to go public in a country like Germany. 👀

--

Porker:
    RC:
    Porker:

I mean who cares about the person behind these accounts, whether he's young/old, shy, ugly, ...  What does it matter? Smiley

Sorry, misunderstood you. 😔

Of course you are right, it doesn’t matter, I think he was just curious.

The character counts and all these people are wealthy but very down to earth and nice people. 😎

--

Last Sunday...18°C in Bavaria. 

uu3.jpg
    uu2.jpg
    uu1.jpg

Alps in the background if you look carefully...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Such a great car in a wonderful spec. You must be so happy Christian! kiss

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689973 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409451 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255844 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235077 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65588 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858204 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774320 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM