Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

looks very interesting...I dont know why but from the outsde it reminds me somehow of the EQC although its a totaly different design, but still not my cup of tee. the interieur looks promissing.. all in all i think cadillac is sticking to their design language and it will be interesing t see the final product... sooner or later everybody will offer EV cars

It will be interesting to see how Q3 results look for Tesla...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

...as some markets are clearly seeing the impact of EV competition! Smiley

On my god. What if I had posted an entire Tesla add touting their features?  Lol 

Im sorry but supercruise with 200,000 miles of road available. Wtf. That is a joke. Using gps and maps to self drive is nuts. Geofencing is never going to work and be safe. I would never trust it. 
    notice no performance numbers in all that or did I miss something. Nice to see there is EV competition. Fun to see how the market reacts. This is an all in play for GM. 

And Tesla's 'autopilot' is also only 'safe' when on highway. So?

--

Whoopsy:

It actually works anywhere there are street lines. Geofencing is really not a solution. Say what you want about Tesla - they are on the right track. 

Tesla earnings out. 

The only highlight, GAAP net income: $331 million. EV credit sales: $397 million.

Another quarter that the 'positive' income is propped up by sale of credits instead of actually selling cars. 

--

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

It actually works anywhere there are street lines. Geofencing is really not a solution. Say what you want about Tesla - they are on the right track. 

So do you trust it completely and you let it take you deep into downtown KC? Like how you would trust getting on a plane to fly somewhere?

--

Whoopsy:

Tesla earnings out. 

The only highlight, GAAP net income: $331 million. EV credit sales: $397 million.

Another quarter that the 'positive' income is propped up by sale of credits instead of actually selling cars. 

In other words: without subsidies (trading proceeds from emission rights are subsidies) Tesla would be as dead as any other EV product. To date, EV only (!) survives because of subsidies. This is a very important problem, all around the world, not a single exception...

that is true that subsidies is pushing are pushing the EV market, but there is a reason for that, EV are still bringing some serirous drawbacks, the first is the charging network, the socnd is the charging time and the last but not least the cost of EV is still quite a bit higher than those of regular cars. over time this drawbckst will slowly become smaller and by the time it does EV will be all over the place. This is at least the plan I think, what is happening today would be unthinkable if it heavnert been for Tesla, Elon Musk himself made all BIG companies move out of their comfort zone... who would have taught. cool

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

So do you trust it completely and you let it take you deep into downtown KC? Like how you would trust getting on a plane to fly somewhere?

What I am saying is that it works on the streets as well as the highway. It is not geofenced. Why do you put words in my mouth?  What is your opinion, honestly, of a geofenced solution. Would you trust it like flying a plane somewhere (which, btw, is another one of your classic non analogies. )

MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:

Tesla earnings out. 

In other words: without subsidies (trading proceeds from emission rights are subsidies) Tesla would be as dead as any other EV product. To date, EV only (!) survives because of subsidies. This is a very important problem, all around the world, not a single exception...

Good morning 😃 , thanks for that. Awesome 

And then there are automakers who make millions of cars and lose money like it’s on fire. Funny thing is all of them know they can be profitable in the near future if they don’t make EVs soon. 
    So is your point that we should stop making EVs because they can’t possibly sell and be profitable.  They are fakes. They don’t actually exist - the ones you see are an illusion. Watch for them at night in the secret Tesla gas stations. 

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

What I am saying is that it works on the streets as well as the highway. It is not geofenced. Why do you put words in my mouth?  What is your opinion, honestly, of a geofenced solution. Would you trust it like flying a plane somewhere (which, btw, is another one of your classic non analogies. )

Tesla have finally put out a Beta version of their newly re-written FSD software to test on customers...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

805DEEA3-DDDA-4C11-BD93-B1454D431598.jpeg

TESLA: “IT MAY DO THE WRONG THING AT THE WORST TIME...”  Smiley

336F206E-FFEE-4E80-8BD9-E701B32D8029.jpeg

...that sounds amazing! Smiley 

Entering the era of The Bloody Beta Tests. Literally bloody. Hopefully not.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:

Entering the era of The Bloody Beta Tests. Literally bloody. Hopefully not.

Smiley Agreed. Anyone being involved with software development knows that cars and planes are no playground for testing software but unfortunately... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

This should not be legal, not on a public road, by definition a beta can have mistakes and errors and you are putting other innocent people at risk, its like testing a beta braking system on a street car. We are talking about a moving vehicle not a smartphone. If a Tesla driver what to be a beta tester like a lab rat he can do it on his own risk but not on the public street with other people and drivers around.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Looks like the Tesla lawyers covered themselves: we told them to be cautious! Horrible managerial decision...

--

There is no try. Just do.

Leawood911:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:

Tesla earnings out. 

And then there are automakers who make millions of cars and lose money like it’s on fire. Funny thing is all of them know they can be profitable in the near future if they don’t make EVs soon. 
    So is your point that we should stop making EVs because they can’t possibly sell and be profitable.  They are fakes. They don’t actually exist - the ones you see are an illusion. Watch for them at night in the secret Tesla gas stations. 

My point is that it is pure speculation if EV will survive on a larger scale. Might be that in 10

years people will look back and laugh at us talking so mich about EV being the „new technology“.

I love it. First they sound too confident and now they are being too scary. Amazing you guys walk out the front door without knee pads and helmets.  It is as if you don’t realize some of us want to do this and give it a try regardless. It is called freedom and progress. Life goes on despite your outrage. Trust me. 
    My suggestion is to not buy any of these cars since they are all imaginary vapor ware. Stay clear of them in the streets - they will run you over and kill you on purpose.   Lol. 

MKSGR:
    Leawood911:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:

Tesla earnings out. 

My point is that it is pure speculation if EV will survive on a larger scale. Might be that in 10

years people will look back and laugh at us talking so mich about EV being the „new technology“.

This is great. In 10 years we will go back to candle power for light. Just as you predicted ...  that electric stuff is just “new technology”.   How about flush toilets?  10 years from now will we advance to pooping on the streets?  
    You guys keep me busy - between the electricity deniers and the self driving chickens I can’t find enough time.  You all realize your jokes about flat earth believers are now somewhat ironic. 

Leawood911:
    MKSGR:
    Leawood911:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:

Tesla earnings out. 

This is great. In 10 years we will go back to candle power for light. Just as you predicted ...  that electric stuff is just “new technology”.   How about flush toilets?  10 years from now will we advance to pooping on the streets?  
    You guys keep me busy - between the electricity deniers and the self driving chickens I can’t find enough time.  You all realize your jokes about flat earth believers are now somewhat ironic. 

Not even "new technology". Over the decades there have been numerous EV experiments. The current one is just pushed by some politicians (through subsidies) Smiley

Ferrari copying Tesla

Ferrari 812 Superfast Recalled Because Rear Window Might Fly Off

Ferrari will recall 1,063 units of the 2018-2020 812 Superfast in the United States because of a possibility for the rear window to fall out. The problem is that there may be incorrect bonding that could decrease the long-term adhesion for the panel.

MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:

Tesla earnings out. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-plays-smoke-and-mirrors-with-profits-again-11603329872?siteid=yhoof2

Tesla was 'profitable' for the last 5 quarters, but they are only because of the sales of the credits for the last 4 quarters. 

That's one reason why Tesla wasn't included in the S&P after posting 4 'straight' quarters of profit as 3 of those 4 aren't actually profitable. 

--

I think they are more interested in growth and building awesome cars than profits. IMHO this works out best in the long run. It is also the others can’t match because they are profit whores. If you look at market caps you might be able to see which approach is valued by investors. 

btw Elon’s wealth certainly has increased more than Tesla’s profits. I would say he hit his numbers just fine. Bugs the shit out of some people. Believe it or not. 

Leawood911:

I think they are more interested in growth and building awesome cars than profits. IMHO this works out best in the long run. It is also the others can’t match because they are profit whores. If you look at market caps you might be able to see which approach is valued by investors. 

btw Elon’s wealth certainly has increased more than Tesla’s profits. I would say he hit his numbers just fine. Bugs the shit out of some people. Believe it or not. 

That is why they push out half baked cars out of the production line with roofs that fly off, suspensions break, windows shatter, parts from the local hardware store, crappy paint jobs and long etc? because of their altruistic mission for the world? your rationalizations in this thread are fascinating to read from a metacognition pow. Maybe just maybe it because Musk needs to meet those deadlines for his personal profits tied to those deadlines? I know, I know, supreme alien beings don't think that way....

--

My car is fantastic. 14 k miles and zero problems. It’s a slot car and totally amazes me each time I drive it. I think if you survey the owners - oh wait they have - you will find incredible satisfaction. Does that matter? 
    No - some production defects which don’t impact each and every car by a long shot seem to rile up non customers. Good problems to have. Especially if you have not even bothered to advertise. It takes balls to rely solely on word of mouth of existing buyers. No media hype. No high pressure sales.  Imagine they even have happy customers who try to explain these facts to people who are totally in disbelief. I know right. Weird. 
    Did I mention my car has zero defects and still has tread left on the tires.  Drove it to the lake for last week. Costs me $3 for the 300 mile round trip.  No superchargers needed. It drove most of the boring highway. Scary stuff. 
    I don’t have to be brainwashed to like my car and so clearly I’m not bothered debate. 
    Carlos - seriously- have you had a chance to take a drive in a model3 Performante?  If you have and you don’t like it, I’m sorry for asking.  Just curious. Because we are both car guys and I can’t get over what an amazing car it is. Just plain fun. Not even this thread can dampen my fun. Wish I could give you a ride. Cheers buddy 

Leawood911:

My car is fantastic. 14 k miles and zero problems. It’s a slot car and totally amazes me each time I drive it. I think if you survey the owners - oh wait they have - you will find incredible satisfaction. Does that matter? 
    No - some production defects which don’t impact each and every car by a long shot seem to rile up non customers. Good problems to have. Especially if you have not even bothered to advertise. It takes balls to rely solely on word of mouth of existing buyers. No media hype. No high pressure sales.  Imagine they even have happy customers who try to explain these facts to people who are totally in disbelief. I know right. Weird. 
    Did I mention my car has zero defects and still has tread left on the tires.  Drove it to the lake for last week. Costs me $3 for the 300 mile round trip.  No superchargers needed. It drove most of the boring highway. Scary stuff. 
    I don’t have to be brainwashed to like my car and so clearly I’m not bothered debate. 
    Carlos - seriously- have you had a chance to take a drive in a model3 Performante?  If you have and you don’t like it, I’m sorry for asking.  Just curious. Because we are both car guys and I can’t get over what an amazing car it is. Just plain fun. Not even this thread can dampen my fun. Wish I could give you a ride. Cheers buddy 

I have not tried it but it's not like there it can offer me anything I value in a car, we all value different things so that is not necessarily a bad thing, but I like to drive a GTS as a daily (has over 130k km now just to give you an idea), that tells what I value in a car and what it needs to give me even for my daily driving.

So a Model3 is does nothing for me, don't want autopilot at all, I want to drive and I enjoy it, don't like the looks of a bland sedan, don't like the spartan interior, won't like the handling character of a Tesla compared to a Porsche, don't like not being able to enjoy sound of an engine-exhaust of an NA GTS or the like, don't like not being able to enjoy the gears in spirited driving, cheap fuel is not at the top of my priorities, since it is my daily and use it to go to work it needs to be really reliable (no quality or build issues) and if anything happens need a dealership shop near and that can fix it quick, and so on but I think you get my point. I'm not a good candidate for the try-it-and-see argument, I will grant you that I'm not your typical driver in terms of tastes and preference though, so to others it may tick the right boxes but the best definition of how I see Teslas are as cars in general designed and made for people that don't like cars (with exceptions like your self and others here obviously)

--

If I could send you the money I would pay you to give it a try. My manual turbo has 115k miles and overall I have maybe 900 k miles just in 911s. All of them manual cars. I love driving. Since I was a boy. Pretty good at it too.  If you like driving you must try the Model 3. Only the performance model will do. 
    honestly I never would have thought I would like it either. Never have I even wanted a PDK. But it’s a slot car. I handles extremely well with that low center of gravity and it is as solid feeling as any new Mercedes. The acceleration in s just plain stupid. Point and shoot.  It would really help out this discussion if you gave it a shot. Sooner or later you will. And then , you may even thank me.  I’m blowing smoke. It is an amazing car. Autopilot for s a non issue. You don’t need to use it. If you are not amazed I will eat my hat. 
    If not, at least you will have a better idea and I bet you won’t think I’m so crazy. 

One size does not fit all. 

Beauty of free market, everyone can pick what they want. No one is forcing one choice down another's throat. People vote with their wallets and right now, EV is still far far behind. 

Some guys love fat women, not everyone else's taste but they do exist. Some like big boobs, some hated boobs and wanted flat chested; some like giant picnic table asses while others look for more proportional ones. It's all about choices.

--

It is just one of those weird things that I would not have considered at all either. If he has not tried it he might be surprised. I don’t think you need any to argue against trying something new. The hottest sex I have ever had was a beautiful chubby girl. Surprised me too. Lol. 

Leawood911:

It is just one of those weird things that I would not have considered at all either. If he has not tried it he might be surprised. I don’t think you need any to argue against trying something new. The hottest sex I have ever had was a beautiful chubby girl. Surprised me too. Lol. 

Sorry bud, can't do it. Chubby one means I walked the other way already. Not going to try and find out. I have standards.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM