Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Welcome to the new Taycan Forum!

MKSGR:
    RC:

You can already order the Plaid in Germany (and allover the world)... This is not vaporware, at least I hope it. Smiley 

Current tech allows a lot of things, making a 2000 hp EV is already possible with current tech but I don't know how long the battery would last. Probably for 50 miles? Smiley You underestimate the possibilities of electric motors and the proper control units/software.

You can also order the Roadster (for a long time) and the truck Smiley

On their German website, incl. a configurator? Where? Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Funny. I can’t seem to get my standing 15 year GT3 order delivered after driving and owning a 911 for 40 years.  Is it vapor ware?  Hmm

You are correct of course. None of the cars you can order from Tesla actually exist. It is a huge lie. I go and secretly fill it up with gasoline at night. We all do this because Elon is our god and we will get seats on his spacecraft if we get enough referrals.  My mission on this forum is to keep the lie alive and pretend my car actually has wheels and can roll downhill. 

Im going to feel so shamed in future when I read these posts and see how wrong I was. Oh boy. 

It’s only Tuesday. Save some for the weekend!  

The only new Tesla model I can (pre)order on the German Tesla website is the Tesla S Plaid. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    MKSGR:
    RC:

You can already order the Plaid in Germany (and allover the world)... This is not vaporware, at least I hope it. Smiley 

Current tech allows a lot of things, making a 2000 hp EV is already possible with current tech but I don't know how long the battery would last. Probably for 50 miles? Smiley You underestimate the possibilities of electric motors and the proper control units/software.

You can also order the Roadster (for a long time) and the truck Smiley

On their German website, incl. a configurator? Where? Smiley Smiley

You think that makes a difference? That would be quite naive (sorry for the word...) given Tesla‘s track record. The Roadster you could order some time ago - you even had to transfer money to them to confirm your order. Not joking...

These were pre-orders, the Tesla S is actually available for ordering but first cars won't make it to customers before early/mid 2022 in Germany (I asked). The car has a structural battery and it seems development hasn't been finished yet. This battery is supposed to be 10% lighter and 14% more range.

I do not really believe that the street legal model in Germany will deliver a sub 9 seconds 1/4 mile time but if it does 0-100 kph in 2.5 seconds and 0-200 kph in under 9 seconds, I would be a very happy camper. Smiley

Of course I am still not sure, I may get a Taycan 4S or Turbo instead, maybe even a G63 AMG, I don't have a clue, I still have a couple of months to make a final decision but an EV would definitely save me a lot of taxes.

--

RC:

These were pre-orders, the Tesla S is actually available for ordering but first cars won't make it to customers before early/mid 2022 in Germany (I asked). The car has a structural battery and it seems development hasn't been finished yet. This battery is supposed to be 10% lighter and 14% more range.

Are you serious? They might call it differently, but it is the exact same thing. All these cars are non-existent. The Roadster, the Truck, the Plaid. All marketing tricks, they want to make people believe that there are attractive new cars as the existing ones are beginning to feel a bit "mature"...

MKSGR:
    RC:

Are you serious? They might call it differently, but it is the exact same thing. All these cars are non-existent. The Roadster, the Truck, the Plaid. All marketing tricks, they want to make people believe that there are attractive new cars as the existing ones are beginning to feel a bit "mature"...

Tesla is all lies and tricks. None of the other companies ever do this or have mature models they need to move.  I have never seen another car company introduce concepts or mock-ups of future models much less taken orders for cars which have not roped off the line yet. Outrageous stuff. At some point Tesla will have to confess they are just selling fake cars and return all the money to stockholders.  Do you think one life term in prison is enough for Elon or should we have him shot?  
    btw.  My cars gas cap is stuck and I’m out of gas during the daytime when someone might catch me filling it up. Smiley

The reality is that they tell you as little about the cool new stuff as possible so that they can keep selling the existing cars. This makes a bit more sense don’t you think?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BjNl8dDvyE

..........Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991): 1:47.52
    ........Porsche 911 Turbo S(991.2): 1:47.93
    .................Porsche 911 GT3 (991): 1:48.48
    .......Porsche 911 Carrera S (992): 1:49.22
    Porsche 911 Carrera GTS(991.2): 1:49.47
    ............Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1: 1:49.50
    ...........................Honda NSX (Mk II): 1:49.60
    ...................Jaguar XE SV Project 8: 1:49.77
    ...............Porsche Taycan Turbo S: 1:50.35
    ..................Caterham Seven 485 R: 1:51.00
    .............Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S: 1:51.29
    ..........Porsche Cayman GT4 (981): 1:51.29
    ..................Lotus Exige S Roadster: 1:52.09
    ........Mercedes-Benz AMG GT 63 S: 1:52.24
    ............Audi R8 V10 5.2 FSI Coupe: 1:53.51
    ...............Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: 1:53.57
    ....................Porsche 718 Boxster S: 1:53.90

Right up there with the sports cars. This E Porsche is pretty impressive

Makes me wish for a lighter Taycan—a GT or RS. Just too heavy now...

Agreed, but with the current state of the tech it might be a decade before it happens.

The next best thing will be the E911, but always at a weight penalty.

There will be no such machine as an E911.  Battery configurations do not lend themselves to the rear weight bias of the 911.  If ICEs are banned, that is the end of the 911.  

A 992 hybrid would suit me just fine...

rhino:

Right up there with the sports cars. This E Porsche is pretty impressive

More importantly, it is (was) fun to drive. 

The price tag and charging are still big pains in the a.. . Smiley

--

No matter how good the Taycan is, and it is a truly impressive car, it's missing the secret sauce.

I haven't touch my Taycan for a month now, every time I picked up the key, I dropped it and take the Panamera instead. Or the Exclusive. 

Just did a road trip to my track over the weekend, was going to take the Taycan this time around since I scout out the charging spots last time, but I am not prepare to take an extra 40 mins of charging time on a 4hr drive. Simply a waste of time, especially when the Panamera can do 700-800km on a full tank. That's almost the whole round trip, which is 880km. 

The way in involves starting from sea level and climbing a few mountain passes up to 1700+m, so while a Model 3 theoretically could do it in one go, in reality the Model 3 is pretty much empty once arrived and will need charging right away before going anywhere, so even the Tesla will need a charging stop in between just like a Taycan. And that's how my friends did it in their Model 3s and Model Ss. Their range advantage are also neutralized with overnight charing at hotel. I even plug in the Panamera to charge up the battery even and park in EV preferred parking. Panamera turbo S is simply the better more complete car than even a Taycan. Hybrids have the best of both worlds right now. 

--

Whoopsy:

No matter how good the Taycan is, and it is a truly impressive car, it's missing the secret sauce.

I haven't touch my Taycan for a month now, every time I picked up the key, I dropped it and take the Panamera instead. Or the Exclusive. 

Just did a road trip to my track over the weekend, was going to take the Taycan this time around since I scout out the charging spots last time, but I am not prepare to take an extra 40 mins of charging time on a 4hr drive. Simply a waste of time, especially when the Panamera can do 700-800km on a full tank. That's almost the whole round trip, which is 880km. 

The way in involves starting from sea level and climbing a few mountain passes up to 1700+m, so while a Model 3 theoretically could do it in one go, in reality the Model 3 is pretty much empty once arrived and will need charging right away before going anywhere, so even the Tesla will need a charging stop in between just like a Taycan. And that's how my friends did it in their Model 3s and Model Ss. Their range advantage are also neutralized with overnight charing at hotel. I even plug in the Panamera to charge up the battery even and park in EV preferred parking. Panamera turbo S is simply the better more complete car than even a Taycan. Hybrids have the best of both worlds right now. 

These are very useful reality checks, on EVs you actually own.  Sort of reinforces that if you only drive around large cities, most EVs will do the job with no real range or charging inconvenience issues.  But your travel to the Okanagan means entering the fairly remote world that much of Canada, or western US, lives in - large distances, smaller or nonexistent towns, and limited infrastructure for many things.  

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

4trac:
    Whoopsy:

These are very useful reality checks, on EVs you actually own.  Sort of reinforces that if you only drive around large cities, most EVs will do the job with no real range or charging inconvenience issues.  But your travel to the Okanagan means entering the fairly remote world that much of Canada, or western US, lives in - large distances, smaller or nonexistent towns, and limited infrastructure for many things.  

That's the inconvenient truth about advertising for current EVs. Range really doesn't matters anymore, so those headline grabbing range numbers are just that, for headlines.

Honestly, the trip could be done with say a e-Mini with like 200km of range. Even in mountainous BC. From the coast it's 150ish km to Hope, flat terrain. From Hope it's 120km up the mountain to Merritt. From there it's another 120ish km to Kelowna up and down the mountains. Then everywhere is mostly within 100ish km if that. Electrify Canada have their fast chargers installed in these specific towns for a reason. The down side is that the province is hilly and highways have to go around peaks, and the destination one want to go may not be close to the major one and without connecting highways in between and the charging becomes the issue. There are more and more chargers popping up everyday but in remote towns the chargers will be much slower, say 50kW max. 

Eastern side of the country is much better with denser cities and cross routes that interconnect major highways, detours for charging isn't too much of a hassle. Same situation for East and West coast of the USA, and most of Europe where everywhere is pretty close by. 

Infrastructure will always be the key to EV adoption, and it still quite far behind. Waiting for the day when I can just take off in my EV and go anywhere, without first studying a map and find where the chargers are and plan the route around them.

--

Taycan cousin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVN6Tlg_raQ

If Audi introduces its adaptive suspension system found on its S8, the e-tron GT could gain a significant performance advantage even over its Taycan cousin.  There’s also discussions that it will also be available in a tri-motor variant.  

Now that Audi's version of the Mission E is almost done, next up will be Bentley's version.

--

Whoopsy:

Now that Audi's version of the Mission E is almost done, next up will be Bentley's version.

The EV platform is most applicable to the Bentley value proposition. 

The problem is that the etron GT costs almost as much as it's Porsche peer. Smiley

--

RC:

The problem is that the etron GT costs almost as much as it's Porsche peer. Smiley

Doubtful pricing in the States will be extremely close to the Porsche.  

I think it's a huge mistake to price it like the Posche... there should be a significant gap between those two IMO. This car will flop with this price tag

Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI 0-180Km/h: about 40 seconds Smiley

Now we know why one costs more than the other and why one has a lower rang too.  There’s trade offs in the battery chemistry and battery pack construction that are illustrated with this test.  

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/that-moment-when-dwayne-johnson-sees-he-s-too-big-of-a-rock-for-porsche-taycan-151582.html

--

A good memory is fine but the ability to forget is the one true test of greatness.

nberry:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/that-moment-when-dwayne-johnson-sees-he-s-too-big-of-a-rock-for-porsche-taycan-151582.html

I was just going to post the same thing indecision... conclusion, if you want to drive a Taycan, don't do steroids 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

nberry:

I wanna see him trying to get inside a Lotus Elise..........

--

Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

I was just going to post the same thing indecision... conclusion, if you want to drive a Taycan, don't do steroids 

He needs a man's car...a Trackhawk. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM