Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

Yeah I read that. But I know someone will still call it fake news or whatever. 

Over blown so to speak 🤷🏻‍♂️

--

https://insideevs.com/news/447795/topless-tesla-model-y-roof-driver-story/

And the poor guy whose Tesla lost the roof on the freeway gets attacked mercilessly mail

Who in their right mind can support such a fan base? They are already on the other side of fanatics, not even close to borderline.

--

Whoopsy:

https://insideevs.com/news/447795/topless-tesla-model-y-roof-driver-story/

And the poor guy whose Tesla lost the roof on the freeway gets attacked mercilessly mail

Who in their right mind can support such a fan base? They are already on the other side of fanatics, not even close to borderline.

Shocking, not only are they attacking the poor guy who lost the roof but also the guy who published the article for reporting it. This only happens with Tesla heart

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Boxster Coupe GTS:

It is ironic that as Tesla is building a factory in Germany, their EV market share is falling as the established OEMs ramp up volumes...  BF822CAF-50E5-4C47-9B23-F36F9B8F5A9C.gif

8FB27DAB-795B-40F1-BD92-09CB42450E62.jpeg

...wake up smell the coffee...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif 

8AEDBED3-F5F7-4853-812F-31F6C8839240.jpeg

...by 2021, Tesla will have over-capacity and declining volumes... get ready for negative like-for-like growth, falling margins and negative cash flows! Smiley

VW-Audi already selling more than double Tesla volumes in Norway...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

Sounds like you guys can make a killing shorting the stock. I highly recommend that. This is all great news for the other automakers. Yippee- Tesla is virtually out of business. 

Leawood911:

Sounds like you guys can make a killing shorting the stock. I highly recommend that. This is all great news for the other automakers. Yippee- Tesla is virtually out of business. 

Leawood, you should not take Tesla going out of business personally. Competition is good for all customers! Smiley

It might be upsetting to find out EIon is a fraud relying on regulatory credits to fake a profit, while TesIa makes poor quality, unsafe vehicles by cutting corners and providing terrible customer service... but as long as you are happy! Smiley

Maybe a nice new Tesla solar roof would help you feel better?     BF822CAF-50E5-4C47-9B23-F36F9B8F5A9C.gif

“Tesla Solar Roof buyer left without roof and tarps over his house after 2-month-long nightmare”

(6 October 2020j

A Tesla Solar Roof customer was left without a roof and tarps covering his house after new solar roof installation turned into a 2-month-long nightmare.

Tesla is still trying to ramp its solar roof tile deployment, which has been delayed several times already.

It’s why we like to follow new solar roof projects and share the progress.

We were excited when Paul Stacey reached out to us back in July about sharing his experience with his solar roof installation on his home in Florida.

He had just signed a contract for what we believed would become Tesla’s biggest solar roof install yet: a 24.3 kW solar roof.

Over the following weeks, Stacey gave Electrek a breakdown of the progress.

At first, he was told by Tesla that it would take about 2 weeks, but they doubled the timeline closer to the start of removing the old roof.

The subcontractors in charge of removing the roof made some good progress during the first week (before/after week 1):

However, the first week already gave a glimpse of the problems to come.

The first day the crew showed up, but the equipment wasn’t on site like they thought it would be.

Then on day 5, Stacey saw some water leaking from the tarp and he was unable to reach Tesla.

Roof removal was completed early the next week and Tesla started on the roofing underlayment, a water-resistant or waterproof barrier material that is installed directly onto the roof deck.

Tesla was trying out a new product for the underlay and it didn’t conduct proper testing first as Stacey would later find out.

Week 3 consisted of preparation work to receive the tiles and on week 4, Tesla finally started installing the solar tiles.

Tesla also installed the electrical hardware:

On week 5 (we are now in September already) Tesla started to realized that it made a mistake with its new underlay.

Stacey explained:

“Monday did not start out well – we had rain over the weekend and a few places inside the house felt the effect of it, two of the seven areas were back to the roofing removal company, as they found those areas and fixed them, it started raining and that stops all work. The other areas came down to a failure in Tesla’s new lining – and that’s when you find out your one of the first homes to get it. Apparently, it’s too thin and the clips that hold the boards together can come through and when it rains, water gets in.”

They spent most of week 5 trying to fix those problems. 

The next week (week 6) Tesla sent an expert to oversee the work and try to bring it back up to standard after the prior failures.

It looked like they were making some progress, but they experienced another leak in the garage by the end of the week.

During week 6 is when things went from bad to worse as work was halted and they just decided to put a tarp over the whole roof:

They started moving the situation up the chain of command and Stacey started to hear that the consensus was that they needed to start from scratch.

Keep in mind that they are now already almost 2 months into the project.

A source familiar with the project said that Tesla engineers agreed that it was a big mistake to switch from a double layer of self-sealing Firestone as to a single layer thinner and weaker product as roof underlayment without proper testing.

The next week they had Servpro, a fire and water cleanup and restoration service company, over to make sure the leaks didn’t leave lasting damages and Stacey reached a compensation agreement with Tesla over all the issues.

Now in early October, 9 weeks into the project, Stacey’s entire house is covered by tarps to try to protect it against the elements: 

This week, Tesla is now restarting Stacey’s roof back from the deck after abandoning the new underlay.

He might be looking at another 4 weeks of construction on his house before he finally has a new roof.

We will keep you updated.

Electrek’s Take

Stacey is still hopeful that the final product will be worth this 2-month-long nightmare, but he thinks prospective customers should know that Tesla hasn’t figured out the whole installation process just yet.

I agree with him and this is why we are posting this now.

We will update when the project is over and hopefully, the result will be worth it.

I still think that Tesla’s solar roof tiles are an extremely important product that has the potential to accelerate residential solar power adoption.

But it looks like Tesla was premature with the product. 

It probably should have gone through more testing before making its way to customers who are spending tens of thousands of dollars for it.

Stacey seems to be handling it well, but I have to imagine that having 2 months of construction work on your roof is extremely stressful.

For the product to become mainstream, they have to smooth out the installation process.

If you have interesting solar roof experiences, good or bad, please reach out to us as we try to get a better picture of the current state of the product.

Link: https://electrek.co/2020/10/06/tesla-solar-roof-without-roof-tarps-nightmare/

Smiley

So from the American movies we watch in the UK, that's a poor persons house, right? (like the druggy bloke from Braking bad?)

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, X3 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

Leawood911:

Buddy you are reacting just like any other Tesla cultist. Stop. You sounded like those Tesla mobs attacking the poor guy who's Tesla lost the roof and accusing him of lying because that's bad publicity for Tesla and cannot be accepted. 

Can you not be rational and see things from the outside? 

Whatever we have brought up about Tesla's build quality issue, it's elementary manufacturing. ANY car maker would have done a better job doing QC post production. Tesla's problem is that the factory line workers isn't given enough time to do their job because the CEO want to push out as many cars as possible to meet his award goals. 

If the Fremont plant slow down even 10%, pretty much most of the initial quality problems would have disappeared. 

Betting against something only works if the other side is rational. Right now, Tesla stock isn't rational. There is no point. 

--

You guys want me to take this personally so badly you don’t even read what I write any longer. Lol. 
    I really don’t care about your silly stories. I keep saying this again and again. All you guys keep replying is that I am taking it personally. If you actually read you will see that I simply laugh at this and encourage you to short the stock and not buy the car.  I really am happy with my car and NEVER take this seriously no matter how many times you accuse me of being in a Cult.

You guys constantly direct this stuff directly at me, if I respond at all, regardless of my response, you deny it was directed at me and that I am a fan boy.  No wonder other members just quit this forum.  At least I have patience and understand who is brainwashed.  Hint, it is the bunch who think that Tesla can’t make cars  

Watch now. At least two of you will AGAIN think I am over reacting regardless of how I reply. Wishful thinking I guess. 

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

Buddy you are reacting just like any other Tesla cultist. Stop. You sounded like those Tesla mobs attacking the poor guy who's Tesla lost the roof and accusing him of lying because that's bad publicity for Tesla and cannot be accepted. 

Can you not be rational and see things from the outside? 

Whatever we have brought up about Tesla's build quality issue, it's elementary manufacturing. ANY car maker would have done a better job doing QC post production. Tesla's problem is that the factory line workers isn't given enough time to do their job because the CEO want to push out as many cars as possible to meet his award goals. 

If the Fremont plant slow down even 10%, pretty much most of the initial quality problems would have disappeared. 

Betting against something only works if the other side is rational. Right now, Tesla stock isn't rational. There is no point. 

I can link to an Audi etron owner who is tired of his car spending 6 months out of 12 in the shop and rain pours into his car though the front doors.  But why bother. I will be accused of taking this personally if I say anything reasonable like other car makers also make mistakes. Big ones and little ones. And other car makers don’t build cars for profit. Other auto executives never work to earn their bonuses.  
    A few years ago Elon worked for free and all of you thought he was just an idiot.  Now that he is earning his seemingly out of reach reward you display an uncanny lack of (take your pick) in accusing him of endangering people and products for profit.  Again and again citing Kia. As though this is some low standard anyone should be able to match AND most importantly to equate Tesla as less than Kia.  How third grade are we?  You do everything to push my buttons - literally - and then deny it with a dose of fanboy insults.  Good going. I hate to disappoint you so I will try to make you feel better about Elon’s huge award and give you this little satisfaction of a reply.  Don’t forget to label my reply a fanboy overreaction. Lol. 

“Audi e-tron GT: specs, images and RS model confirmed...”

Fully electric Audi e-tron GT saloon to be revealed next year, and a hot RS model is on the way...

(8 October 2020)

Audi’s all-new Tesla Model S rival, the e-tron GT, will be officially revealed at the beginning of next year.

Prototypes have been spotted undergoing development testing at the Nurburgring ahead of its launch where it’s expected to cost in the region of £100,000. 

The fully electric saloon has been described by the company’s boss Markus Duesmann as “the most important vehicle for Audi, it is our halo car.” The e-tron GT will be built at Audi's Böllinger Höfe facility in Neckarsulm, the same factory where the Audi R8 supercar is currently produced. 

Audi has also confirmed development of a flagship RS version, which will be badged RS e-tron GT. The model will go on sale alongside the regular version in the middle of next year, but feature a unique look and chassis tuning as well as greater levels of performance.  

Prototypes of the e-tron GT are still clad in heavy camouflage – but we can make out some of its styling features. The finished product is expected to look almost identical to the concept from the 2018 Los Angeles Motor Show, with only a handful of tweaks to help it meet current safety regulations.

The front grille looks a little narrower than the concept’s, while its touch sensitive doors will be replaced by conventional handles. The show car’s centre locking wheels will also be ditched, but Audi has confirmed that the finished car will feature 22-inch alloys.

This latest mule also shows the car’s retractable rear spoiler in its raised position – but this can be retracted to reduce drag when driving on the motorway. The active wing will work alongside a sleek underbody aero, which will be more efficient than any of Audi’s combustion cars due to the lack of an exhaust system. 

The production e-tron GT will be based on the same platform as the Porsche Taycan, with the pair sharing around 60 per cent of componentry. However, the e-tron GT will use a triple electric motor setup, whereas the Taycan only uses two. 

Sending drive to all four wheels, Audi expects the e-tron GT to accelerate from 0–62mph in around 3.5 seconds. A unique software configuration – along with Porsche’s fastidious approach to reliability – will also allow it to achieve such figures repeatedly, even when the battery isn’t fully charged.

A 96kWh battery pack should also be available in the e-tron GT, meaning the saloon will have a range of upwards of 250 miles and be able to achieve an 80 per cent charge in 20 minutes, when plugged into a DC rapid-charger. 

An advanced torque vectoring system will allow Audi to control the e-tron GT’s bulk. Despite a kerb weight of around two tonnes, the EV’s low centre of gravity should ensure a handling balance akin to that of the Taycan. 

This will be helped along by the location of battery pack and Audi’s decision to use carbon fibre for the e-tron GT’s roof and aluminium for its doors – keeping the weightier components lower in the car’s chassis and reducing the top-heavy pendulum effect that would have been created if the entire car was made from steel. 

Speaking about the e-tron GT concept at the 2018 LA Show, Marc Lichte, head of Audi design, was very excited to be involved with the project. “It’s a dream to design a car like this,” Lichte told us. “This is truly a design where the sketch becomes a reality.”

The electric design presents additional challenges, too. As Lichte explains: “Other noises like road and wind noise become much more obvious without an engine. For example, we’ve designed the side mirrors to channel the air along the door skins instead of the window glass, so wind noise is less.”

Like the outside, much of the concept’s interior design is likely to be carried over to the production e-tron GT. That includes a centre span of the dashboard that flows into the doors to emphasise the cabin’s width. Whether the concept’s fully vegan materials will be used is less likely.

Link: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/102970/audi-e-tron-gt-specs-images-and-rs-model-confirmed

Smiley

"As a Tesla owner, my self identity is wrapped up in my car" 

“2021 Audi e-tron GT previewed ahead of launch”

The LA show star of 2018 starts production imminently - with an RS variant waiting in the wings...

(8 October 2020)

Time moves fast in the electrified, digital, connected car world. Audi's e-tron GT concept was seen less than two years ago at the LA motor show, with production slated for late 2020; and here we are, late in 2020, with the car almost ready to go. Yet in that time the Porsche Taycan has swept all before it, BMW has revealed an i4 Concept and Tesla - who else? - has made the Model S faster and rangier than ever. That's all just in the four-seat, four-door, very expensive EV saloon sector. There's a danger, perhaps, of the e-tron GT being some way from the centre of attention when it arrives.

Hence the 'Craftsmanship' workshop held at Munich airport last week for the Audi flagship; this is set to be its most important new vehicle, "the beginning of a new era" no less, and so Audi is keen to stress how much effort has gone in. There's the whole new section of the Bollinger Hofe facility (where the R8 is currently made) that's been built to accommodate e-tron production, the first instance in the group where an ICE model and a BEV role down the same line, just for starters. Then there's the effort that's gone into the noise, one described as a "synthetic sound that authentically conveys the work of the drive system" and development of which included the creation of proprietary software. Plus a commitment to virtual development in manufacturing that has meant the assembly tests were completed without a physical prototype.

All of which is jolly impressive, but doesn't distract from the fact there isn't a great deal more to learn about the e-tron GT just yet - even if Audi promises this is going to be "an icon like the R8". It has a new disguise design ahead of the full reveal, fetching and appropriate in its own way (note how it draws attention to the middle of the car, as that's where the power source now is) but clearly cloaking a car similar in look to the handsome 2018 concept. In fact, there was less to look at in 2020 than back then, with the interior still in disguise.

What was on offer that wasn't in 2018 was some time in the car, albeit from the passenger seat. Ostensibly this was to experience the effort put into Audi's sound tuning; much effort has gone into it - "musical flair and technical competence" for a "powerful and progressive soundtrack" - and therefore it would be unprofessional to be dismissive. However, on this experience and in isolation, the e-tron GT whirrs and whines in a fashion familiar to a lot of electric vehicles. Volume is intensified through the familiar Audi drive select modes (Comfort, Auto, Dynamic), gradually surrounding the driver with rear speakers brought into play, though it doesn't feel like a revolution for EV noise. Perhaps it will sound more impressive with a comparison. And, to be honest, it's fairly hard to concentrate on the noise when being hurled from cone to cone by the ferocity of acceleration that anything derived from a Porsche Taycan would likely deliver. No specs were confirmed at the event, though this e-tron felt good for at least 600hp. And pretty good at mostly disguising what must be a hefty kerbweight.

Audi is understandably proud of the production process and the methods being employed to make this EV, although news that the "future of luxury mobility" will spawn an RS variant immediately from launch is possibly more interesting; quite how nauseatingly fast that will feel remains to be seen. All that's known for the moment is that it will exist above the standard e-Tron GT and isn't a long way away. Expect to hear plenty more soon enough, too, as production reality for the pinnacle of progressive, premium Audi - their words, not ours - beckons. Given the proficiency already shown by cars like the e-tron SUV, and the stellar quality of the Taycan, it would be a brave person to bet against the new model's competitiveness. Finding out just how good the Audi might be isn't far off.

Link: https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-ev/2021-audi-e-tron-gt-previewed-ahead-of-launch/43190

Smiley

“New 2021 Audi e-tron GT – Production and Sound Design!” (video)

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwSXpC-FHE

...how do you like them apples? Smiley

“Waymo starts to open driverless ride-hailing service to the public”

(8 October 2020)

Waymo, the Google self-driving-project-turned-Alphabet unit, is beginning to open up its driverless ride-hailing service to the public.

The company said that starting today members of its Waymo One service will be able to take family and friends along on their fully driverless rides in the Phoenix area. Existing Waymo One members will have the first access to the driverless rides — terminology that means no human behind the wheel. However, the company said that in the next several weeks more people will be welcomed directly into the service through its app, which is available on Google Play and the App Store.

Waymo said that 100% of its rides will be fully driverless — which it has deemed its “rider only” mode. That 100% claim requires a bit of unpacking. The public shouldn’t expect hundreds of Waymo-branded Chrysler Pacifica minivans — no human behind the wheel — to suddenly inundate the entire 600-plus square miles of the greater Phoenix area.

Waymo has abut 600 vehicles in its fleet. About 300 to 400 of those are in the Phoenix area. Waymo wouldn’t share exact numbers of how many of these vehicles would be dedicated to driverless rides. However, Waymo CEO John Krafcik explained to TechCrunch in a recent interview, that there will be various modes operating in the Phoenix area. Some of these will be “rider only,” while other vehicles will still have train safety operators behind the wheel. Some of the fleet will also be used for testing.

“We’re just ready from every standpoint,” Krafcik told TechCrunch. “And how do we know we’re ready? We’ve had our wonderful group of early riders, who’ve helped us hone the service, obviously not from a safety standpoint because we’ve had the confidence on the safety side for some time, but rather more for the fit of the product itself.” He added that these early riders helped the company determine if the product was “delivering satisfaction and delight for them.”

Later this year, Waymo will relaunch rides with a trained vehicle operator to add capacity and allow us to serve a larger geographical area. Krafcik said the company is in the process of adding in-vehicle barriers between the front row and rear passenger cabin for in-vehicle hygiene and safety.

Waymo operates in about 100-square-mile area. The driverless or “rider only” service area that will be offered to Waymo One members is about 50 square miles, Krafcik said.

Despite the various caveats, this is still a milestone — one of many the company has achieved in the past decade. The past five years has been particularly packed, starting with Steve Mahan, who is legally blind, taking the “first: driverless ride in the company’s Firefly prototype on Austin’s city streets in 2015. More than a dozen journalists experienced driverless rides in 2017 on a closed course at Waymo’s testing facility in Castle; and. Then last November, TechCrunch took one of the first driverless rides in Waymo Pacifica minivan along the public streets of a Phoenix suburb.

The company scaled its commercial product even as these demos and testing continued. In 2017, Waymo launched its early rider program, which let vetted members of the public, who had signed non-disclosure agreements, hail its self-driving cars in the Phoenix area. Those autonomous vehicles all had human safety operators behind the wheel.

Waymo then launched Waymo One, a self-driving ride-hailing service aimed for public use, no NDA strings attached. But again, those rides all had human safety operators in the drivers seat, ready to take over if needed. Waymo slowly moved its early rider program members into the more open Waymo One service. It also started experimenting with charging for rides and expanded its footprint – or geofenced service area. Today, the company charges for rides across all of its programs (early rider and Waymo One) in the Phoenix area. The Waymo One service (with human safety operators) is about 100 square miles in Phoenix suburbs like Chandler.

The first meaningful signs that Waymo was ready to put people in vehicles without human safety operators popped up last fall when members of its early rider program received an email indicating that driverless rides would soon become available.

And they did. These driverless rides were limited and free. And importantly, still fell under the early rider program, which had that extra NDA protection. Waymo did slowly scale until about 5 to 10% of its total rides in 2020 were fully driverless for its exclusive group of early riders under NDA. Then COVID-19 hit and the service was halted. The company has continued testing with its safety drivers in Arizona and California. That has raised some concerns among those workers about the dual issue of catching COVID and dealing with air quality issues caused by wildfires in California.

Waymo said it has added new safety protocols due to COVID-19, including requiring users to wear masks, having hand sanitizer in all vehicles and conducting what Krafcik described as a cabin flush — essentially a four to five increase in air volume sent through the vehicle — after every ride.

Krafcik also said Waymo will soon add the all-electric Jaguar I-Pace to the mix, first testing them on public roads and then adding the vehicles to the early rider program.

Link: https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/08/waymo-starts-to-open-driverless-ride-hailing-service-to-the-public/

So how’s the complete re-write of TesIa’s self-driving technology coming along? Smiley

2285EBAB-63E8-4671-8153-2D57C2F5E088.jpeg

...let’s check the official autonomous mileage data...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

9A1BB3B7-0017-45D9-8CFB-411D94273904.jpeg

...Waymo seems to be the market leader by a considerable margin! Smiley

If you go by miles yes. These are fully autonomous miles and of course the Tesla is not that. But, of course, the miles Tesla’s have driven overall with drivers paying attention at the same time is far beyond these stats. 

JoeRockhead:

"As a Tesla owner, my self identity is wrapped up in my car" 

I love this one!  Keep in mind l am NOT an environmentalist at all. It is just friggin fast. 
    btw I really like the Audi. We are in for a real exciting time for the automotive future. 

So I looked at Waymo tech. They are geo-fenced so never mind. They rely on maps a d being 10cm on target via maps. Their Lidar is used to avoid objects but there is no ballistic assessment of all objects around it much less an attempt to identify them. They use AI to read the maps. All the miles they have driven have cost them a driver to go along and pay attention. So  - actual miles the car has driven unattended is zero (level 5). 
    I prefer a car which can drive on brand new terrain without a map at all. Tesla has collected  Illinois of miles of data to train their AI.    And they did not have to pay a drive anything to collect the data. 
    Did I mention the Waymo car costs $400 k and there is nothing about an enthusiast would want from a driving perspective. No looks, no speed. Giant Lidar on the roof. 

Leawood911:

So I looked at Waymo tech. They are geo-fenced so never mind. They rely on maps a d being 10cm on target via maps. Their Lidar is used to avoid objects but there is no ballistic assessment of all objects around it much less an attempt to identify them. They use AI to read the maps. All the miles they have driven have cost them a driver to go along and pay attention. So  - actual miles the car has driven unattended is zero (level 5). 
    I prefer a car which can drive on brand new terrain without a map at all. Tesla has collected  Illinois of miles of data to train their AI.    And they did not have to pay a drive anything to collect the data. 
    Did I mention the Waymo car costs $400 k and there is nothing about an enthusiast would want from a driving perspective. No looks, no speed. Giant Lidar on the roof. 

Leawood, with all due respect, your overt TesIa bias is clouding your ability to rationally conduct due diligence...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

8A5194F6-B78A-4506-BBF4-3559F2FB83FE.jpeg

...Waymo has developed “zero intervention” driving technology (check out the Waymo steering wheel label) while TesIa’s development of AI has reached a “dead end” — or “local maximum” if your prefer EIon’s nomenclature... Smiley

38A3B2BD-9659-427F-B530-A4E700FCBB28.jpeg

5BBF94F9-C079-4961-9F77-A8165E135092.jpeg

E88659DB-58BA-4510-8406-827DFEA6C4E4.jpeg

42825D4F-7B65-4AFC-8919-C13B6B693B16.jpeg

80D83F22-557A-490A-827F-516E013EB73A.jpeg

...take a deep breath and try expanding your horizons beyond EIon to understand alternative technologies that may be both superior and safer than your clearly beloved (but literally myopic) TesIa... what are those warning messages telling you? Smiley

So how is all this not directed at me?  You are much more concerned about calling me names and somehow denigrating my intelligence than informing us about stuff. I inform and don’t really spend time passing judgement on people. Do you get the difference?  Waymo still has to pay a driver to be there to take over. Each car costs $400k. Do these facts lead you to call me names?  Weird. Focus on information and not insults. Unless all you ever want to know is what you agree with. Which is fine, but what a waste of time to clip all these pictures and articles rather than sit back and think about how Tesla has a very effective driving aid today, in use for billions of miles with an outstanding safety record and Waymo must follow a friggin map and can’t even be purchased by anyone. Simple facts. I don’t have to be insulted or stupid to understand this. You seem to not be able to get past looking for comebacks. Good for you. I’m clearly not bothered and enjoy these shortsighted rants of how dumb I must be. Guess how I think this will make you look in a few years in terms of tech future. As far as today I think you need to seriously look at why you need to imagine my statements must be a result of brainwashing?  Major insecurity surfacing perhaps. 
    Do I think Tesla’s rewrite will be amazing. Yes of course. It is in no indication that they are a failure. Name me one company who does not improve their products.  
    If I had a choice of which side of this debate I would want to be on it would not be yours. Good luck. 

Leawood911:

So how is all this not directed at me?  You are much more concerned about calling me names and somehow denigrating my intelligence than informing us about stuff. I inform and don’t really spend time passing judgement on people. Do you get the difference?  Waymo still has to pay a driver to be there to take over. Each car costs $400k. Do these facts lead you to call me names?  Weird. Focus on information and not insults. Unless all you ever want to know is what you agree with. Which is fine, but what a waste of time to clip all these pictures and articles rather than sit back and think about how Tesla has a very effective driving aid today, in use for billions of miles with an outstanding safety record and Waymo must follow a friggin map and can’t even be purchased by anyone. Simple facts. I don’t have to be insulted or stupid to understand this. You seem to not be able to get past looking for comebacks. Good for you. I’m clearly not bothered and enjoy these shortsighted rants of how dumb I must be. Guess how I think this will make you look in a few years in terms of tech future. As far as today I think you need to seriously look at why you need to imagine my statements must be a result of brainwashing?  Major insecurity surfacing perhaps. 
    Do I think Tesla’s rewrite will be amazing. Yes of course. It is in no indication that they are a failure. Name me one company who does not improve their products.  
    If I had a choice of which side of this debate I would want to be on it would not be yours. Good luck. 

I agree with EIon...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

EFB42D06-2FEB-4300-9601-646AED2204C4.jpeg

...AutopiIot was trapped in a local maximum, but it’s absolutely fine Leawood if that is all that you are looking for! Smiley

I also agree with the industry consensus that Waymo will achieve Level 5 autonomy long before TesIa... Smiley

EA03E6A2-8200-45B7-9D6C-C36B2C53AC16.png

...but hey, let’s see if the international highway regulators agree with you? Smiley

Here’s an interesting question for a rational equity investor: which of these two companies is fairly valued? Smiley

9F138B54-A751-45C5-9791-013FE6010780.jpeg

...another interesting data point, if you are particularly looking to invest in a company with a $404 billion market cap...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

WALMART INC

- Market Cap: $404 billion

- Revenue: $542 billion

- Operating Cash Flow: $33 billion

- EBITDA: $37 billion

...let’s see how these valuations compare in October 2021...  BF822CAF-50E5-4C47-9B23-F36F9B8F5A9C.gif

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Here’s an interesting question for a rational equity investor: which of these two companies is fairly valued? Smiley

9F138B54-A751-45C5-9791-013FE6010780.jpeg

...another interesting data point, if you are particularly looking to invest in a company with a $404 billion market cap...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

WALMART INC

- Market Cap: $404 billion

- Revenue: $542 billion

- Operating Cash Flow: $33 billion

- EBITDA: $37 billion

...let’s see how these valuations compare in October 2021...  BF822CAF-50E5-4C47-9B23-F36F9B8F5A9C.gif

We are non-believers, we don't worship Elon, and we ask valid normal questions that simply get brushed aside as if it's not important. 

--

You guys are free to believe what you want. Wow 

Sounds like 12 months ago or 24 months ago or 36 months ago. 
    Im willing to wait and see. 

I find it funny that while you say level 5 is impossible and complexities like weather and updated maps etc you seem to champion not being allowed to touch the steering wheel. 
    I totally understand that the sensors and processors Tesla paired with the computer platform eventually needed a new software approach. The rewrite will use all the existing hardware and will be over the air free to all owners.  Of course you guys will fail to see anything positive about that. 
    Rather than being so laser focused on labeling me a believer why not look in the mirror and wonder what drives this irrational need to convince me or anyone of this nonsense?  
    I can’t stop laughing at the fact that the Waymo cars are geofences. If you can’t do level 5 without geofence then you are just an amusement park ride.  A $400k taxi. What do they need to charge to break even?  Is it really level 5 if you can’t make a profit AND it’s geofences?  
    We can check back on Ford and the others in 12 months. You guys still think Tesla is an Automaker and that Automakers are competing in the same business. Maybe start there. I can’t explain it to you without being labeled a Believer or cult member.  I must be silenced - I’m not sure why but I’m not taking it personally.  Thanks for the laughs and giggles. 
    need to get some rest. 

Windows spontaneously shatter from ill fitted doors... it's getting embarrassing

https://insideevs.com/news/449287/tesla-model-y-glass-shattering-issue/

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

The Fast Lane Car YouTube channel group is on their third Tesla, this time a Model Y, and they have experienced the same problem with the left passenger door three times.  This is the same group that had a Model 3 with slight damage from backing into a door over a year ago.  That repair was exorbitantly expensive both financially and in terms of time spent getting the car repaired.  As they point out in the linked segment, car doors aren't exactly new technology.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ1tofzX6Bk 

Telsa's biggest threat in the European market is the Volkswagen Group with deliveries of its ID.3 in Norway, albeit a relatively small market but a major one for EVs, having exceeded deliveries of the Model 3 for 2020.  It's even more remarkable when one considers that the ID.3 only went on sale in Norway on September 15th.  Audi's e-tron has also made significant inroads against Tesla in many markets in the EU.  

The ID.3, in numerous published reviews and YouTube posts, has exceeded expectations with a solid automobile.  This proves that not all of the market is fixated on the fastest accelerating vehicles in the respective classes.  Here's an YouTube comparison of the ID.3's advanced driver's systems with the heavily discussed Tesla Autopilot.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NDMViFxHYo 

I hope that when Tesla starts to build cars in Germany next year the quality issues will go away. I agree totally that parts need to fit and be secure. They need to apply some of their resources to address these problems. Most likely they will. 
    What do you think of German built Tesla’s?  I hear they will employ a new paint process and even bigger frame stamping presses. Whatever that is. 
    Workers at the Fremont plant are way too stressed and busy. All the new capital may lighting too many fires and causing burnout. Elon thinks everyone is a 24/7 machine like him. His pace is a little nuts, I doubt I could last 1/2 day.

If I was looking for aliens among us he would be in a select group. Lol. Any others you can think of?  Gates? 

The important question is whether there is sufficient demand for Tesla to actually need to open a factory in Europe? Smiley

B0BEE0BE-4915-4B7D-97F4-1C77F2A35D01.jpeg

...at this point a Tesla factory in Germany appears redundant... and by 2021? Smiley

Imagine if Tesla starts to advertise.  I love your response. Let’s see in 12 months. 
    now - the question was - once Berlin builds Teslas do you think the quality of these cars (as they pile up unsold) will be improved?  Or do you think quality issues will simply persist forever in future Teslas?  

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688317 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408614 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255490 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234726 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65354 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857498 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773231 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM