Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari Roma

MKSGR:

Never go for a beige colored car (Ingrid) - unless you want to own a taxi or signal that you are above 80 years old Smiley

.... you forgot..... or if you ever want to sell it on Smiley

ISUK:
    MKSGR:

Never go for a beige colored car (Ingrid) - unless you want to own a taxi or signal that you are above 80 years old Smiley

.... you forgot..... or if you ever want to sell it on Smiley

Smiley

Silverstone and Cuoio would be my choice. 

Haha,

Sun's 612 was Ingrid, but you're right....  It's a toss up so far betwixt Argento and Silverstone...

does the car need shields?  looks better w/o

I've read somewhere that Ferrari offer a choice of front grilles, besides the perforated one. Is that accurate?

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

No choice of front grilles on the options list. Shields work well with Argento Nurburgring with yellow callipers and the dark painted diamond finish wheel option. I don't think you'd need them if going for silver callipers and the standard silver wheel option. If trying to create a more simple, elegant look I'd not have the shields. If going for a more sporting type look then the shields look good.

1600950198219Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 20.38.00.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 20.35.43.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 20.36.20.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 20.37.31.png

ISUK:

No choice of front grilles on the options list. Shields work well with Argento Nurburgring with yellow callipers and the dark painted diamond finish wheel option. I don't think you'd need them if going for silver callipers and the standard silver wheel option. If trying to create a more simple, elegant look I'd not have the shields. If going for a more sporting type look then the shields look good.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 20.38.00.png

I do really like the design ... but, as a German being used to over-engineering everything: Where goes the front number plate...? Smiley

ISUK:

1600950198219Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 20.38.00.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 20.36.20.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 20.37.31.png

The car is very nice. My compliments.

An elegant Ferrari at last  in the "La Dolce VIta" tradition after all these racy designs. I hope the Spider will be equally elegant without the unnecessary complication of  humps at the rear.

Can the customer ask for the black plastic parts (bumper, side skirts) to be painted either in body colour or preferably in black/dark grey like BMW and Mercedes do?

--

There are no alternative options at present for the areas you mention which are actually painted in satin black so do have a sheen to them and look good in real life. Ferrari actually charged extra to have a similar satin paint finish on the skirts of the 458.

You can specify these 3 area in carbon fibre - front splitter, side skirts, rear diffuser - and the total cost for that is £15k in the UK which is crazy IMHO. A decent bodyshop will paint them in gloss black for a fraction of that. If Ferrari ever offer it as a production option I would think they'll leverage almost the same charge on customers as the carbon options. The design of the car would be very compromised if you opted to paint them in body colour. You'll understand what I mean if/when you see a car in person.

d997h:

I do really like the design ... but, as a German being used to over-engineering everything: Where goes the front number plate...? Smiley

There is a plinth for the front number plate.

IMG_3834.JPG

ISUK:

There are no alternative options at present for the areas you mention which are actually painted in satin black so do have a sheen to them and look good in real life. Ferrari actually charged extra to have a similar satin paint finish on the skirts of the 458.

You can specify these 3 area in carbon fibre - front splitter, side skirts, rear diffuser - and the total cost for that is £15k in the UK which is crazy IMHO. A decent bodyshop will paint them in gloss black for a fraction of that. If Ferrari ever offer it as a production option I would think they'll leverage almost the same charge on customers as the carbon options. The design of the car would be very compromised if you opted to paint them in body colour. You'll understand what I mean if/when you see a car in person.

From the pictures the black bits appear as bare plastic (like on some Porsches).. Since they are painted in satin black finish that would suffice I think.

I agree that body colour on the black parts would damage the proportions. But I like very much the black/dark grey colour that BMW use to paint black plastic on their M Package models. It's a nice hue with the right amount of gloss. Sorry to bring a mundane BMW detail in a Ferrari discussion Smiley

--

I'm considering titanio w blue sterling, blue calipers and no shields as well.....  thoughts??? 

PS while aged and infirm as every 2000' vertical hike demonstrates in spades, I don't want to appear 80 y.o.smiley

watt:

I'm considering titanio w blue sterling, blue calipers and no shields as well.....  thoughts??? 

PS while aged and infirm as every 2000' vertical hike demonstrates in spades, I don't want to appear 80 y.o.smiley

I was told a few times that blue interiors don't sell.... but perhaps that was salesman-speak for "I don't want to work much".   

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

watt:

Titano is a terrific color. Silver is a very pedestrian color even on a Ferrari. Blue sterling may be a tad too dark. There is a lighter blue which would go better. Get the yellow calipers to better coordinate with the shield and center wheel cap.kiss

--

A good memory is fine but the ability to forget is the one true test of greatness.

Nick, have you seen the car in person? If not you may well change your mind. I have never, ever contemplated Argento Nurburgring for any Ferrari until I saw it on this car. It was made for it, especially in a sunshine state like yours. It shows the shape off spectacularly well in person.

Blu Medio is the colour of the interior of the car I drove. It's the lighter blue option and looked good.

1600974130583IMG_3847.JPG

I haven’t. But the fact that a Ferrari chose Argento as their introductory color for the Roma validates your point. kiss

BTW, you appear enamored with the upcoming Roma Spider I believe sometime in 2021. Why not wait for it? You certainly own enough cars to entertain you until then.

--

A good memory is fine but the ability to forget is the one true test of greatness.

I have disposed of a lot of my cars as I simply wasn't using them. I'm getting my dealer's first Roma in March/April so it would be silly to turn it down as I believe that once the car starts to arrive in the showrooms it will be in demand. There are a surprising number of owners who have simply written it off as a Portofino in a new dress but are going to wish they had taken a greater interest and taken an allocation. I also think a lot of the target non-Ferrari owning audience are unaware of the car and will be drawn to it when they see examples on the road. The spider is pure supposition at this point so a bird in the hand as they say......... 

The car is great to drive and will make a very usable daily. It's the closest thing I've seen Ferrari make to a high end 911 in that regard and right sized for parking etc.

ISUK:

The car is great to drive and will make a very usable daily. It's the closest thing I've seen Ferrari make to a high end 911 in that regard and right sized for parking etc.

Interesting observation re. the 911 alternative; my wife (the main 911 driver in our house...) said, when I showed her some shots of the Roma, "thats the first Ferrari you've ever shown me that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in...".  

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

ISUK:

The Roma looks stunning in this picture. Where’s the drool emoji? 🤤

Enmanuel:
    ISUK:

The Roma looks stunning in this picture. Where’s the drool emoji? 🤤

is that Argento?

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

I suspect it is Grigio Titanio. It's too dark to be Argento. It is most likely the same car that I photographed at Silverstone.

1601019155640Grigio Ferro.jpg

Zoom on the picture and see how ungainly the rear of the open top car in the background looks compared to the new model. The proportions have been spoiled in order to accommodate the folding hard top.

Ferrari, should give up on those folding hardtops and make the Roma convertible a proper classic soft top and also with none of these racy humps and buttresses.

--

Funny how so many were saying the Roma looks terrible when it came out, and by now most find it beautiful .angry

Same will happen with the BMW M4 Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Still don’t like it or the M4...

ISUK:

I suspect it is Grigio Titanio. It's too dark to be Argento. It is most likely the same car that I photographed at Silverstone.

1601019155640Grigio Ferro.jpg

Here is the dealer's config in titanio, the blue cast is clearer, but given Iain's pix, it looks quite goodSmiley

Roma Configurator - Grigio Titanio Met. - Blue Sterling.pdf

Iain, it would ve helpful if you could identify any pix of Argento you have posted, from what you say here, all the pix you posted are Titanio????  Thanks

nberry:
    watt:

Titano is a terrific color. Silver is a very pedestrian color even on a Ferrari. Blue sterling may be a tad too dark. There is a lighter blue which would go better. Get the yellow calipers to better coordinate with the shield and center wheel cap.kiss

--

Dark Blue interiors are the only cars Sun keeps!  This 2012 C2 S Cab going on 8 years, the lady's daily in town car.

What about Pozzi, one of my favourite colours, with Blue Sterling? 

image-74.jpeg

I've got hold of a copy of the ordering guide and there are a whole host of options being added from May production. One of them is a choice of these alternative front grille finishes.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 16.35.18.png

watt,

Here is the ordering guide pairing suggestion for the Blu Sterling interior - a Grigio Alloy exterior. Having seen Grigio Alloy I'd say that combination would work well. I'd definately put the dark forged diamond finish wheels with it though as silver wheels would look insipid.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 16.50.54.png

Grigio Alloy can come off too feminine in appearance. I order my 430 Spider in that color. Fortunately, shortly after my order I saw the color on a Ferrari coupe and immediately changed the color of my Spider. It just doesn’t have the gravitas for a Ferrari. 

FWIW, my salesman who had been selling Ferrari’s for many years warned me about the color. 

--

I'd have agreed with you on the era of cars you are talking about Nick - the 430, 575, and 612. Grigio alloy can look washed out especially if twinned with silver wheels which is pretty much all that was on offer from Ferrai back in 05 and earlier. It is a pale metallic blue in reality and needs darker wheels and some dark body accents to make it pop. That era of cars were pretty much just all body colour with little in the way of visual relief details to break up the colour and add some contrast.

Here is Grigio Alloy on a Roma beside an Argento Nurburgring car. I'm not normally a fan of either colour on Ferraris but on this car due to the front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser in either the standard satin black finish or the optional carbon fibre, these colours work well when paired with the dark painted diamond finish wheel and the Scuderia wing shields which help to give the car a more purposeful look. Both colours really accentuate the curved surfacing on the cars. Photo's partially help to convey that but once you see the cars in person you'll have a much better idea of just how sensitive this design is to light and dark colours and wheel choices. Swap out the wheels on either car for the silver options and you ruin the look IMHO.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 19.20.55.png

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690362 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409670 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255924 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235171 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65637 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4654 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858338 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774591 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM