Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

It's OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Challenge stradale,
    got the pic from the ferrari news letter!!!
    FANTASTIC!!!
    Fanch.
    PS: Perspex windows for you Zzoba.
    PPS: Can't post the pic, have sent it to Christian.
    Love the decorion, rosso corsa with white stripe running throught the car,
    BRILLIANT!!!

Thanks fanch, very nice indeed (NT)

Fanch

Well, it seems the posting works pretty well.

Thanks Francois, this little baby looks beautiful.

Re: Fanch

zzboba - are you getting one like Luigi??? This car is going to be monstrous - I wonder what effect this will have on 360 residuals.

For the full press announcement...

...check our NEWS section.

Short link: Stradale

Hmm, there is no statement about...

...increased power and/or lowered weight. I hope this is no indication that the Stradale is "just" a nice looking slightly overworked plain and simple Modena.

Re: Hmm, there is no statement about...

yO RC....

This is a VERY special modena - the facts I have from Luigi as follows:

- 100kg lighter (which according to some figure makes it just 30kg heavier than the GT3R Porsche 911 Racer!!!!!!!!)
    - Quoted 420hp - (actual 430-435hp not in keeping with Ferraris tradition of overquoting!)
    - adjustable suspension
    - carbo-ceramic brakes
    - STRIPPED interior
    - new bodywork + perspex glass (you can see)
    - race seats/harnesses/instruments
    - in STOCK guise sound is comparable to Tubi!
    - lowered by 1.5cm...

Re: It's OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way: have you noticed? Carbon brakes!

cheers

Re: Hmm, there is no statement about...

Interesting and impressive. But where do I get these figures, can't retrieve them from the press info?

Carbon brakes would be bad. I hope these are ceramic-carbon brakes or simply sad: the same stuff as the PCCB (system by Brembo, discs by SGL Carbon).

Re: any info on Stateside release????nm

nm

I was in Boston for a two day business trip, so I just saw the pic: it looks stunning!
    I'm glad the info I gave a while ago seem to be accurate... (everything matches so far)

As far as looks, it seems to me extremely beautiful, low and aggressive, with very well integrated new front spoiler and side skirts, and a tail that from what we can see, promises to be one of the most beautiful.
    The side mirrors are the FIA-GT ones, and are entirely made of carbon fibre, as are the doors, almost all the interior and other parts...

The suspension will be a whole new set up, neither from the challenge nor the Modena, and promises to be amazing(but uncompromising).

The F1 system as I already supposed is indeed different from the 360's, more similar to the uncomfortably fast Challenge one.

To put this car's potential in prespective one number is enough:
    2,809 kg/hp !!

To give you a reference, the GT2's is:
    3,12 kg/hp

I'm very interested in the number of cars they'll decide to make...

Hi everyone!
    I am Andrea, first time i write on this forum but already months that I am a silent reader
    Respect to everyone of you and to the topics discussed in this and other Rennteam boards
    A special CIAO to Luigi

Luigi, this morning a friend of mine has been offered a Challenge Stradale by his dealer. Apparently, only 100 Stradale will be produced and delivered by September

He is not going to buy it only because it has the F1 system (even if faster): he is a forever "manual" Ferrari driver

Hope you will not be so "radical" in your choice and will give us the possibility to admire your Stradale soon

Ciao,
    Andrea

Re: your freind

You need to refer your freind to a good Psychiatrist!!
    If he didn't want to keep it..he could use as trading material or flip for a handsome profit!!

Ciao Andrea!
    Glad to see you on Rennteam, how's your black beast doing?

As oyu already know, I'm also a fanatic of the manual 6sp. gear change, but there are two factors to consider here:

1) The nature of the Stradale is very different from a normal 360's, more sharp and extreme, everything is focused on track performance.And also the use will be more on track than before.

2)The F1 system on the regular 360, even in sport mode, had a "dead time" between each shift that I found annoying.This new system, if it's close to the Challenge cars', will be substantially more rapid and violent, which will be in tune with the nature of the car.

Did you hear that cars will be delivered starting in September, or is it my impression?

Ciao

Luigi - my friend mentioned September as delivery date. Not sure if he was referring to the Stradale he has been offered or to the others too.
    As far as I know, he is usually one of the first to get new Ferrari models, so it could possibly be one of the first...

Ciao,
    Andrea

wow... what's going on here? i was in vienna for a couple of days and it seems that i missed a lot...

thank you for the pic fanch! it really gets perspex windows, how great is this? (although i am still wondering about anti-theft-protection )

f550lm: no, i decided to wait for the "next" modena -- mainly because of it's probably better day to day usability and the manual box. but i admire this car!! i just think it's not the right car for me, unfortunately.

Zzoba,
    Theft protection!!!
    Since weight reduction is the main target, I don't think it'll have any...
    Plus, I don't think this is the kind of car you take out on saturday night and park on the street
    You're made the right decision, wait for the next Modena.
    Or the actual one has pretty good value right now second hand.
    Fanch.

In reply to:
    I don't think this is the kind of car you take out on saturday night and park on the street

well, not really... good point

Re: Hmm, you are right...

ferrari says on their website:

"The Ferrari Challenge Stradale's racing roots can been seen in the fact it is much lighter, thanks mainly to a stripped-out racing finish [...]"

...no carbon hood or doors then, i suppose

i am also wondering about the price, on ferrariownersclub.co.uk they speculate the following:

"No price has been announced but the consensus is that there will be approximately a 25% price premium over the normal 360."
    ( http://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/happenings/2003/january/stradale.asp )

...the normal price in germany for a F1 modena is EUR 133,000 -- with a 25% premium the price of the CS would be over EUR 165,000, which is IMO quite a lot...

but don't get me wrong, this is a hell of a car!!

The Gallardo will be around 150000 EUR, has more power and probably isn't much heavier (1400 kg are rumored, I think 1500 kg are more likely).

It is nice to see that car manufacturers started to offer interesting cars again.

I agree that the Gallardo's figure of 1400 kgs. seems very difficult to achieve, given the size of the car, awd system and safety/comfort requirements.1500 real kgs will be nonetheless a pretty good achievement.
    Christian: is the 150000 Euro figure you mentioned your estimate or do you know something we don't...
    I hoped Lambo would price the Gallardo very aggressively, something like 138-142000 Euros.

In reply to:
    Christian: is the 150000 Euro figure you mentioned your estimate or do you know something we don't...

I guy I know from my Porsche dealer changed his Murcielago order to a Gallardo order. His Lamborghini dealer told him a price tag figure of around 150000 EUR. Might be wrong.

Re: does anyone know...

...if the CS will be only available in this color combination (red with italian-style stripe)?

btw: in the press release it says that the color of the car which will be presented on the geneva show will be "rosso scuderia", not the classic "rosso corsa" -- so i guess it's already rosso scuderia on the press picture. it's a new color inspired by the F1 team -- which, if i remember it right, had to change the tone of the classic red because it was part of the deal with their main sponsor philip morris tobacco. so a better name would be "rosso marlboro" then

Interesting, so rosso scuderia is the same red as on the packets of Marlboro cigarettes?
    From the pic, I can't see any difference between ross corsa and rosso scuderia,
    to tell you the truth I thought the F1 cars were rosso corsa
    Fanch.
    PS: Did you see the changes introduced to F1? No more electronic gizmos (TC, Launch control, automatic clutch, etc.) this is good IMO.

actually i am not sure if this is the marlboro pack color, but i was told so some time ago. in the pre-schumacher/"scuderia ferrari marlboro" era the ferrari F1 cars used to have darker red tone IMO. note the picture.

in the challenge stradale press release it says "The car will be seen in Geneva in the new 'Rosso Scuderia' colour used for the Formula 1 cars [...]" -- at least it is different from the classic rosso corsa

we have to wait and see until geneva, maybe go there and hold a marlboro cigarette pack against the car for comparison -- i hope they don't do a menthol edition then

yes i heard about the F1 regulation changes. IMO a brilliant move from bernie and the FIA. they now decided that the changes will take effect in mid-season (july, GP silverstone) so that the teams get enough time to strip out the cars... should get really EXCITING! i assume that many of the younger drivers who only experienced the era of the drivebywire-cars will get into some trouble.
    will make it more difficult for ferrari marketing to argue for their "not F1 anymore" sequential shift system, though

F1 Changes

Are you saying the transmission will go back to the gear lever and three pedals?
    That's not what I understood, then again, I read the article quickly on the tube.
    I think they should keep the F1 paddleshift gearboxes but get rid of all the rest.
    What I thought I read was: no automatic transmission, I didn't even know they were auto transmission in F1 cars
    Good thing to come back to basis, back to real driving skills,
    Man I wish Senna was still alive, it would have been wonderful so him win for Ferrari Sad...
    Saw him many years ago at his last Monaco GP (And my fisrt as a visitor ), won for Renault, the man was magnificent, a genius! Love him!

Re: F1 Changes

hmm i think you're right fanch-- there wouldn't even be enough space for a gear lever and three pedals in the F1 cars i suppose they probably are going to keep the paddles. i've read "no auto transmission" as well and interpreted that that it's about the f1 paddle shift -- because i didn't know that there's a kind of auto tranny either. modern F1 driving is mainly about finding the perfect braking point, nothing much more.

yes senna was the greatest and he's truly missed. i envy you for seeing him live at the monaco GP

Re: F1 Changes

I believe today they currently implement an auto upshift program on the F1 gearboxes, it might even auto downshift. You may have noticed that some drivers last year were not hitting the right paddle at all on the straights!

Here is a exerpt I pulled off rpm.espn.com:
    FIA president Max Mosley dropped a bomb on the F1 community and announced: immediate elimination of traction control, launch control and fully automatic gearboxes; elimination of pit-to-car and car-to-pit telemetry; elimination of all radio communication between driver and crew; allowing only two cars per team (no spares) and not allowing teams to work on cars from post-qualifying to the race (expect under strict supervision).
    By 2004, engine manufacturers like Ferrari, BMW and Mercedes will be required to provide powerplants for other teams while standard, cheaper components will be mandated.

Personally, I'm mixed about these rules. Taking aids away from the driver was surely the right thing to do. However, cutting off communication between the pit and driver? That could pose serious safety issues. If you have no spare car, you are basically done if you crash your car on Friday or Saturday. I understand Bernie is trying to keep the cost of running a F1 team down, but perhaps he went too far.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782275 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442944 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263531 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261987 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86050 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6044 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881733 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820017 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM