Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Alfa Romeo 4C

Haha.. I doubt I could afford my 993 Carrera S now laugh

even the guy I sold it to asked me why on Earth I was selling it.

--

2019 911 GT3 RS,1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

I made an enquiry about a 4C Spider Italia edition - have to say this car intrigues me, looks like it might be a fun roadster which might hold its value pretty well.

I'll read through the whole thread (minus the Tesla bits), but for those of you who have experience, how would you say it stacks up in today's context?  vs a 718 Spyder perhaps.  The light weight aspect attracts me - is this something which is very obvious while driving? Sounds like the original complaints about skittish handling can be dialled out with tyres and some caster blocks / geometry.

--

It is a VERY fun car to drive. Just don't try to park it, the manual steering will kill your arms in no time.

Just some slightly stickier tires will make a big difference, I swapped RE71R on mine and boy what a difference in grip. Not a very powerful car, it won't win drag races on the straights on tracks, the car begs for corners instead. Very good in transition, despite being mid engine it is very stable. 

Brand-new they aren't worth it, but now that they have settled quite a bit on second hand pricing they are VERY attractive. The only thing the 718 has on it will be a boosted steering that's about it.

And yes, the super light weight body is super noticeable especially when you are trying to compare it with a 718.

--

Thanks kiss will try and get a test drive.. see what it is all about.

--

bluelines:

That is one reason why I got the GT4 and not a more powerful GT3 / RS. Already the GTS was too fast for public roads.

GT4 ---the 911 slower brothaaaa Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

bluelines:
    DaveGordon:

Thanks, interesting viewpoint. I found myself taking a friend out for a ride in the RS the other evening.  A motorway on-ramp is the only place you can light it up through a couple of gears.. through 3rd and you are looking at prison again..  And once you figure out how fast these things go around a race track public roads are just no fun any more.

That is one reason why I got the GT4 and not a more powerful GT3 / RS. Already the GTS was too fast for public roads.

Maybe you should get that 993 Carrera S back Smiley

A Lotus would probably tick most boxes too, similar to the 4C.

And if you look for a more confortable ride with plenty of fun, an Alpine would also be an alternative. A good complement to the RS. And you DO feel the light weight as soon as you enter the first corner or roundabout . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

the-missile:
    bluelines:

GT4 ---the 911 slower brothaaaa Smiley

Slower in a straight line, faster in a smile smiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

DaveGordon:

I made an enquiry about a 4C Spider Italia edition - have to say this car intrigues me, looks like it might be a fun roadster which might hold its value pretty well.

I'll read through the whole thread (minus the Tesla bits), but for those of you who have experience, how would you say it stacks up in today's context?  vs a 718 Spyder perhaps.  The light weight aspect attracts me - is this something which is very obvious while driving? Sounds like the original complaints about skittish handling can be dialled out with tyres and some caster blocks / geometry.

--

I bought one. Yellow Smiley coupe but the nice lights. If you look for pure fun, get one. But you need to get immediately the front geometry sorted out. Don't do all the stupid modifications others do to it. I barely use mine, so from new I made just 4000km. But each time I get it is lots of fun! Also the value from new to now has almost not dropped. Also I never got so many positive reactions from people like with this car, and its yellow! Smiley My wife between the Boxster  718(4cyl) the Cayenne Hybrid the BMW 5 series or 4C, she prefers the 4C always. It's not Ferrari, not Porsche but I got very attached to it, I think I will never sell it. The police crossing a border stopped us and ask us a lot of questions about the car, then they asked us if we can do a launch control start and they where so happy and told us to have fun! And they where not Italians! Pity Alfa did it so wrong with this car in terms of finishing and marketing and so on. Also the small engine makes it very cheap to run and easy on the budget. Some comment that this is a car for very young boys.... I don't think so. Lot's of people who own one are not really young. The very young ones are the once that tend to destroy them by tuning them very badly. But you can stay out of them very easy. Also is not a supercar, even if Alfa pretend that. Is a very nice and quite fast sports car. It's really a toy for when to have fun. We had to do a trip of 1200km.... I can't tell you how tired we ended. But second day smiling and laughing at how fun it was. It's more raw than a GT3. I drove some.... By the way the radio is useless. Really! 

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

How does it compare to the Alpine A110. That one might also be a fun car to check out?

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Interesting insights kiss

--

OK, I know that I am soon getting my butt kicked again by Gnil  and Co. but one stupid question: Isn't anyone here underwhelmed with the performance of this 1114 kg car (Sport Auto Supertest, Alpine A110S)?

I get it, the feeling of driving such a light car is different and fun and everything but the performance is not much different from cars in a similar price range (76k EUR).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

OK, I know that I am soon getting my butt kicked again by Gnil  and Co. but one stupid question: Isn't anyone here underwhelmed with the performance of this 1114 kg car (Sport Auto Supertest, Alpine A110S)?

I get it, the feeling of driving such a light car is different and fun and everything but the performance is not much different from cars in a similar price range (76k EUR).

You don't get this car Smiley It is not about sheer performance, it is about driving pleasure on speed limited country roads, sub urban areas, mountain pass. 

The Turbo S is one of the faster cars around, but you get more pleasure in a slower GT3. Same for the Alpine A110.

I would not get the S , as it looses that playful soft setup that you have in the A110 for a firmer ride without enough performance amelioration. 

On the other end, the A110 is not a car for the track. Too soft for that. 

Alpine is going to step up their game. The new CEO of Renault, a passionate sports car fan, want the brand to move forward. A SUV might be the next thing. 

The A110S used in rally are doing very well .

Personally I would only buy an Alpine with a manual gearbox. 

As an example , Gordon Murray has an Alpine 110 as his daily driver and he loves it . Can't say he does not know about fun cars . 

--

RC:

Have you read the article to it? I find the car quite exciting, it’s great that a manufacturer presents a car outside the mainstream and... it’s basically as fast as the Cayenne Turbo, for less than half the price, without PCCB, active swaybars or AWD. 

I do agree that list price might be too high for many customers, no matter how great the car it is still associated with Renault that operates at a different price point.

I’d guess a manual gearbox or convertible version suits this car very well.

No, I don't get it. Sorry. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Gnil:
    RC:

You don't get this car Smiley It is not about sheer performance, it is about driving pleasure on speed limited country roads, sub urban areas, mountain pass. 

The Turbo S is one of the faster cars around, but you get more pleasure in a slower GT3. Same for the Alpine A110.

I would not get the S , as it looses that playful soft setup that you have in the A110 for a firmer ride without enough performance amelioration. 

On the other end, the A110 is not a car for the track. Too soft for that. 

Alpine is going to step up their game. The new CEO of Renault, a passionate sports car fan, want the brand to move forward. A SUV might be the next thing. 

The A110S used in rally are doing very well .

Personally I would only buy an Alpine with a manual gearbox. 

As an example , Gordon Murray has an Alpine 110 as his daily driver and he loves it . Can't say he does not know about fun cars . 

It's like a Mazda MX5 Miata, not fast but a lot of fun. Just a light, pure driving car where you don't need to be at 9/10ths to have fun and where it's 8/10ths is a GT3's 3/10ths in terms of speed. 

In Canada most of the "fun" roads have 80km speed limits. Get caught going 130kph in them and you loose the car for a week and all told it's going to cost you around $25k in fines, fees and insurance increases. Having a slower car that is fun makes sense. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Miata was the most fun per $ of any car we’ve had.

second that. 

--

RC:

All good...different folks, different flavours. Great to have choice in the first place. Smiley

Ferdie:
    RC:

All good...different folks, different flavours. Great to have choice in the first place. Smiley

Smiley One of my best friends had the MX-5. He drives a Range Rover Evoque Convertible now. Smiley Was actually a Boxster guy (he had three) after the MX-5 but I guess he got old. Smiley

--

RC:
    Ferdie:
    RC:

Smiley One of my best friends had the MX-5. He drives a Range Rover Evoque Convertible now. Smiley Was actually a Boxster guy (he had three) after the MX-5 but I guess he got old. Smiley

Maybe he got tired of being tall?

Last time I tried a Miata, my forehead got beat up by solid objects in the airflow Smiley

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

RC:
    Ferdie:
    RC:

Your best friend is a hairdresser? Huh, wouldn't have guessed. Smiley

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Doctor. His brother, also a doctor, drives a 991.2 Targa.

My hairdresser (she is a female) had two 911 before she switched to a Range Rover.

Many non-intellectuals own Porsche in Germany, actually more than intellectuals I‘d say. 😉

MX-5? Typical young women car here in the past, the current version is often seen in the hands of older men, around 50-60, so I guess I should get one. 😂😉

--

RC:

My hairdresser (she is a female) had two 911 before she switched to a Range Rover.

Hairdressers in Germany drive 911s? wow time for a career change. 

Enmanuel:
    RC:

Hairdressers in Germany drive 911s? wow time for a career change. 

My tile contractor has a Ferrari collection...

I think you guys underestimate how much contractors, especially those with larger companies, make sometimes.

Half of my city's VIPs (incl. the major and his wife) showed up when my hairdresser opened her salon:

Friseursalon-Maxstrasse-Maximilianstrasse-Friseur-Friseursalon-Harry-Winderl-Michaela-Wagner-Hair-Design-Augsburg.jpg

Interior photos:

18-04-28_hair-design_007-1.jpg
    16003332801064.jpg
    16003332799702.jpg
    18-04-28_hair-design_025-1.jpg

--

RC:

Half of my city's VIPs (incl. the major and his wife) showed up when my hairdresser opened her salon:

Have they not got anything better to do Smiley?

From Alfa Romeo 4C to showing off with hair dresser saloons , can' let that one pass by , here is mine  

photo-fc353f3a.jpeg

photo-7181b443.jpeg

--

crayphile:
    RC:

Have they not got anything better to do Smiley?

Good question. Smiley Smiley

Many are customers though, so I guess... Smiley

--

what kind of sissy hair salons are those? chest haired men go to proper butch barbershops smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I cut my own hair. When I feel like it. 

Carlos from Spain:

what kind of sissy hair salons are those? chest haired men go to proper butch barbershops smiley

There's a dominican barber shop a few blocks from my place and those guys are the best. They are also loud and obnoxious Smiley

One chuckles at an Aveda spa in Munich.  That's a U.S. based company that is a subsidiary of Este Lauder.  One would think that the Germans would have home-grown brands for shampoo and conditioner.  

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689201 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409023 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255670 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234919 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65489 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857843 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773827 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM