Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: MotoGP

Topspeed:
    John H:

Totally fed up with Moto GP...

Now worse than F1 - no overtaking and Marquez beyond dominent!!

What's happened to Lorenzo?

Valentino Rossi - finished, but not surprising as he's now over 40...

Not worth watching any more - shame!

I started watching MotoGP this year and.......WOW!

Amazing races! Quali and Races are so unpredictable! F1 is extremely boring comparing to MotoGP.

I guess this year is more fun to watch because unfortunately or fortunately Marc Marquez had that nasty accident in the first race and hes injured. .(He ran out of the track and recovered from last position to 3rd place in like 10 laps Smiley. Hes Honda team mates are always at the botton of the grid. He has insane skills...)

Rossi is a great rider. He's 41 years old and he finishes in top 5 most of the times.

Also, I'm rooting for the portuguese Miguel Oliveira #88 of course Smiley. Hes been performing well but unfortunately he is very unlucky. Last race was the 3rd time that a KTM rider crashed into him. He was 5th Smiley

For people bored with Formula 1, I strongly recommend watching MotoGP. You will not be disappointed Smiley

Watching F1 drivers race and watching MotoGP riders race is like watching Kung Fu exhibitions vs watching UFC/MMA indecision

With Marquez out, there is even more uncertainty come race day, Marquez is simply the best motorcycle rider of all time, period, the GOAT. Nobody ever came close to his skills and talent over the competition. He broke through a ceiling in performance no one ever reached before.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

@CoS

OBJECTION - Rossi is clearly this sports GOAT as he delivered through out more than two decades his impicable performances while MM93 is the best rider since it became (still a very risky) but „computer game like“ sport.

Marc knows the best to handle his bike (as Honda RC bike is only rideable to full extend by him) at the highest limits but as mentioned above he‘s riding on the edge of what electronics allow him to do (which is still extremly impressive!!) 

With all the technical goodies (starting/ whole shot devive, traction control,...) this ain‘t by far not the same sport as it has been in the past (likewise F1 in. Late 80s & 90s) when no TC, automated gearbox, anti-stall, huge downforce aerodynamics,... have been introduced!

Lord_Driftalot:

@CoS

OBJECTION - Rossi is clearly this sports GOAT as he delivered through out more than two decades his impicable performances while MM93 is the best rider since it became (still a very risky) but „computer game like“ sport.

Marc knows the best to handle his bike (as Honda RC bike is only rideable to full extend by him) at the highest limits but as mentioned above he‘s riding on the edge of what electronics allow him to do (which is still extremly impressive!!) 

With all the technical goodies (starting/ whole shot devive, traction control,...) this ain‘t by far not the same sport as it has been in the past (likewise F1 in. Late 80s & 90s) when no TC, automated gearbox, anti-stall, huge downforce aerodynamics,... have been introduced!

I've been a fan of Rossi and following him since he was racing in 125cc, but he is no Márquez, Rossi has achieved much in his career but he has been racing for over two decades, Marquez much less time but at his rate he will achieve much more than Rossi if he races for that long.

The difference between Rossi and Marquez is that Marquez has achieved things much earlier and quicker than Rossi AND facing more difficult competition than Rossi did in his time, which is what some people fail to realize. With Marquez's unmatched natural talent, he even invented a new more effective riding style, he would of had even less trouble back in the day with less electronics. Though we would never now, is just a guess from both sides so it's a useless argument.

Rossi is one of the greatests (along with Agostini, Nieto, Rainey, etc), the greatest of the modern 4 stroke era, until now, Marquez is on another level than anyone in history.

And I'm not a big fan of Marquez (he is so competitive he can be a bit too aggressive with other riders for my taste or too risky, though it's good for the show) , but it cannot be denied, what this kid has accomplished, and at such an early age already and against the people he has raced, and so dominant, it hasn't been seen from anyone, not even Rossi.

Just look at his career, he starts in 2011 in Moto2 at 18 years old coming from winning in 125cc, classifies 2nd his first year, next year he wins the championship. Then he already moves up to MotoGP, and wins that in his first year and in his 7 years in MotoGP he wins 6 of the championships, and he is still 27 years old. Nobody has ever come close to that level of domination and precocity. He has already matched Rossi's MotoGP wins at this age, imagine what his career wins will be after racing 24 years like Rossi.

--

@Carlos

I fully agree with you, MM is not realy a to-be-loved but definetely to-be-admired guy!

His achievements are truely very impressive and I love watching him racing, he‘s a killer on the bike BUT his mindset is rather questionable (remember Sepang clash a few years back with THE DOCTOR) 🤮

However I second your point that you can‘t really compare different drivers who didn‘t compete in the same aera, but MM93 made Honda to built him a bike only he can ride (see JL99, his brother Alex, Carl the Crutchdog,...) wink

Bikes can have multiple racing line for each corners, that makes for exciting passing and racing strategies. 

Cars however are mostly stuck using one line. 

--

Lord_Driftalot:

@Carlos

I fully agree with you, MM is not realy a to-be-loved but definetely to-be-admired guy!

His achievements are truely very impressive and I love watching him racing, he‘s a killer on the bike BUT his mindset is rather questionable (remember Sepang clash a few years back with THE DOCTOR) 🤮

However I second your point that you can‘t really compare different drivers who didn‘t compete in the same aera, but MM93 made Honda to built him a bike only he can ride (see JL99, his brother Alex, Carl the Crutchdog,...) wink

I agree too, he gets blinded by competition, pushes the boundaries too much, his accidents is proof, but he doesn't care, when he is racing he is like a bull seeing red, doesn't think even about his safety, he cannot settle for a third place on a race for example thinking of the championship, he will push 110% and risk falling off the bike just to get that first place. And he is very aggressive with other riders in the heat of battle, that won't stop him either. I guess that gives him an edge but I prefer more "gentleman" riders, that said Rossi is no gentleman rider either, remember how Rossi pushed off the track Sete Gibernau in Jerez 2005?  He should of been disqualified but Rossi had a lot of weight in Dorna. Still, I loved to watch Rossi, especially back in the two stroke days, before MotoGP.

I love watching Marquez too, he is an alien on the track especially when faced with adeversity, but can't really get behind him that much because of his mindset in the track. But what he does on a bike I have never seen before.

My favorite era was when the duels between Wayne Rainey vs Kevin Schwantz though, and those wild 500cc two strokes. Got to see them race in Montmelo the year Rainey became paralyzed from his accident in Misano. Those days it was no electronics at all, brutal on-off 2-stroke power delivery, slippery tires and just raw talent and guts.

--

Whoopsy:

Bikes can have multiple racing line for each corners, that makes for exciting passing and racing strategies. 

Cars however are mostly stuck using one line. 

And bikes are also more down to the rider than F1 cars are, in F1 the results are dictated down the grid pretty much according to which team/car the driver is in, save accidents or other race incidents. You pretty know the result of the race after the first five laps. The driver pretty much doesn't matter as much a many will hate to admit it and like to idolize driver's skills in F1, I still remember when many were saying Vettel was such a good driver when racing with the RB, one of the greatest, lol.

In bikes there is a lot many more variables that determine the result, like the multiple racing lines, easier passing, rider skill (bikes are harder and more comp!ex to drive fast than a car), bike, etc. There is much more fighting and anything can happen.

--

Incredible! angelkiss

Didn't expect Miguel Oliveira to win. Part one was going alright for him. The 2nd race was amazing to watch the top 2 fight and MO getting closer to them.

The last lap was insane. And the final two corners

Vinales incident was scary! He jumped off the bike at 220Km/h!

Unlucky for Mir, used tires in the 2nd race.

Last lap https://streamable.com/cezvcc

Viñales jumping off the bike was definitely a wtf moment.

Here is the video: when you reach the end of the straight at over 200km/h and you find out you have no brakes and a barrier is straight ahead...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1297511502916792321

--

Thanks for posting those links, really exciting racing there!

wow ! Epic racing 

That race was so exciting once more! Thoroughly enjoy watching MotoGP, although I must admit I am a bit behind on all the news and standings etc.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

I watched this documentary days ago, really cool to see behind the scenes footage.

Márquez Unlimited

Marc Márquez's journey to his eighth world title

Thanks for posting that link! I have been looking for some nice Motor racing related documentaries.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

MV was lucky but he‘s an id**t

Brembo made a clear advise to switch to their new braking system which all other (!!) Yamaha riders have chosen, but he insisted to opt for the old one (even though he had already braking issues the last WE in Austria).

At this time there are rumors that next year VR46 will stay in the official Yamaha racing team with Fabio „El Diablo“ Quartararo while MV will make a move to Yamaha Petronas!

Would be totally understanding as „Top Gun“ is mentally not fit‘n proper to compete for the world championship in MotoGP

Yamaha very strong in this qualifying session. Nice laptime from Vinales.

Will introducing radios change the "DNA" of MotoGP?

Fears emerged from some believing the addition of ship-to-shore radios in MotoGP would dilute the racing, citing the level of driver coaching that happens in F1

Another good race!

Dramatic first lap, 4 riders crashed/fell. Last race winner Morbidelli went to last place...

This time around, Vinales was more aggressive at the start. Nice fight vs Bagnaia, who unfortunately crashed 7 laps before the end.

Lecuona was doing good aswell before he crashed.

Great fight at the end with Pol vs Mir vs Quar. kiss

Miguel Oliveira got a 5th place, really good result (he started in 15th place).

What the hell happened to A. Marquez? Usually he is in the last places...but today he was quick! 7th place angel Was it him...or his brother beneath that helmet? indecision

Nice race. 2 suzukis on the podium angel

Too bad Rossi fell. It could be his 200th podium or maybe a win.

Miguel Oliveira also fell surprise It wasn't going well for him anyway.

Wow! What a race! MotoGP never disappoints! smiley

Quartararo lost 10 positions in 5 laps.

Ducati very strong at beginning. Rins got his suzuki to 2nd place kiss before crashing.

Alex Marquez 2nd angel

Miguel Oliveira nearly finished 4th but fell to 6th. Not that bad since he started 12th.

Damn. Last race an unlucky crash in lap 1...now this...

And he‘ll miss both Aragon MotoGP grand prix 😔

Another great race!

2 Suzukis in top3 and Alex Marquez 2nd(nearly ended up 1st). Hes been improving alot last 3 races angel

2021...both Marquez brothers destroying the competition Smiley

Topspeed:

Smiley

--

@Topspeed

Normally I‘d be cheering vor VR46 (GO VALEEEEE) but I‘ve to admit that this year I‘m in Team JM36!

It‘s great to see how Suzuki improved over the last three years and together with AR42 they‘re doing a tremendous job.

Also it seems that Yamaha is only able to be fast in qualifying anymore and are losing big time in the race.

It‘s really a pitty that The Doctor failed three times and now is COVID-19 infected as this season would have been his last real chance to become WC for the 10th time.

As soon as MM93 will return the championship is set for the future to come, I feel bad to say but he‘s just the best rider ever in MotoGP (even better than GOAT Vale who couldn‘t profit from the electronics than Marc)

Ya, I'm also enjoying the rise of Suzuki(I don't have a favorite bike constructor/team). That bike turns really well. Mir has been great, lots of top3 finishes. He might even win the championship without winning a race Smiley

I also like to watch Jack Miller, VR and cheering for the portuguese Miguel Oliveira but he still needs to improve alot, mainly in qualifying.

Quartararo seems to be very good in qualifiying but not so strong during races.

Morbidelli very strong today.

Another 2 Suzukis in top3, GJ.

Alex Marquez changed the front tire to hard...didn't go well.

MO88, 6th. I thought he could pass Zarco but still a good result.

I do really hope that Franco can still become WC this year as he found finally not only the pace but a great consistency in racing!

JM & AR are doing a tremendous job not only on the weekends but truly in finding the correct race setup.

TopGun is a big joke, he‘s only thrilling fast in qualifying but he‘s no racer at all, he can only win if everything is right.

Three races to go and still we can’t predict who’s gonna be WC at the end of this season.

But at least we do know who’s going to be „king of the ring“ as soon as MM93 returns on the scene...

I wouldn’t be surprised if he‘ll win the final race this year and play a major role in deciding who’s gonna be his successor as champ in 2020.

Suzuki 1-2 again angel

Mir is getting closer to be champion. Quartararo crashed once again...

Not many overtakes in this circuit. Boring race.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690160 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409542 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255882 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235119 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65615 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858287 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774480 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM