Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2020] Formula 1

throt:

Yesterday though, and at last, Ham showed a bit of genuine emotion. Which was refreshing. He would triple his fan base if he showed that side more.

On that I must also disagree with you... I has nothing to do with emotions! Who is one of the most popular drivers ??? Yes KIMI, Mr Emotion... and still he is loved by so many... Hamilton is just himself and that is good so.. he sometimes does to much IMO but at least he does what he wants. He is a very fair sportsman and a very fair driver, so yes its OK. I loved the action we had with him and ROsberg on the track... with Bottas its just so boring. You can also nerver know when those emotions you see are real, at the end of the day he know that he is WDC for at least 6 races... Bottas never had a chance this year, so I personally a not buying those tears. But he is a cool driver, 

[laptimes] Bottas vs LH

Average lap time --- Bottas 1:48.623  ------- LH 1:45.850

I was a fan of MV - but I think he's overdriving his car and whilst some aggression surely is good in F1 against most whiners complaining about being overtaken I now believe that he has not enough patience. In a race like this where the car becomes less important (good for others)  and yr talent of keeping it constantly fast in the rain plays a bigger role we have seen drivers like Vettel all of a sudden being back next to the pathetic 5 sec stop of Ferrari with SV. Imagine Vettel would have stayed out...... However, I hope we see more rain races......Bahrain probably not...hahahaha. LH has earned all respect possible in his generation of drivers. What a lot of people also forget is that we had less races 20 years ago per year - hence all this counting of X and Y  is rather useless....

Let's say it in a nice way, it wasn't Bottas best performance.. angry

Topspeed:

[laptimes] Bottas vs LH

That average is not helped by his multiple spins. 

Shaich:
    throt:

Yesterday though, and at last, Ham showed a bit of genuine emotion. Which was refreshing. He would triple his fan base if he showed that side more.

On that I must also disagree with you... I has nothing to do with emotions! Who is one of the most popular drivers ??? Yes KIMI, Mr Emotion... and still he is loved by so many... Hamilton is just himself and that is good so.. he sometimes does to much IMO but at least he does what he wants. He is a very fair sportsman and a very fair driver, so yes its OK. I loved the action we had with him and ROsberg on the track... with Bottas its just so boring. You can also nerver know when those emotions you see are real, at the end of the day he know that he is WDC for at least 6 races... Bottas never had a chance this year, so I personally a not buying those tears. But he is a cool driver, 

Maybe I put my point across wrong. Hams personality isn’t the best, for sure. As I say great driver but as person not my cup of tea 😁. 
    I hang out with Danni Ric instead 👍

Alex Albon, Max’s team mate kiss

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

CGX car nut:
    Topspeed:

[laptimes] Bottas vs LH

That average is not helped by his multiple spins. 

Bad day at the office for sure. 

He is not a fan of Ham either 😁

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Yup. Bottas did 6 spins during the race.

It doesn't make any difference also in the laps he didnt spunn he wasn't even close to Hamilton

I think he just made himsef some fun  after he realized there nothing more to take from that race.  Jokes aside I am very surpried that in this conditions almost all cars made ot to the end of the race!!! angel

throt:

You guys enjoy supporting diva boy Ham.

Max will be booting arse next season, due to there is no faster driver than a mad Mad Max driver.indecision

Max took too many chances in the race, its was a bit too much of the old Max wasn't it.

In quali Max was on a different level to Ham, the superior one angelsmiley.

Seriously though, same car, MV would be quicker. I would pledge in Q3 he would be around .250 faster kiss

How do I put it.......

Max maybe very quick as a driver, but he isn't mature enough to be a great driver yet. Still need some seasoning for on track decision making. You rarely see, if at all, Hamilton make the same mistakes Max makes in the same situations. 

Think Max needs a mentor, like how Hamilton got Lauda before. His own father isn't good enough.  I think we shouldn't underestimate Nikki Lauda's contribution to Hamilton's career. 

--

Shaich:

Regarding Stroll, I actusally was impressed and a bit surprised how well he drove in the beginning of th race and I was also very surprised ro see that he fell back that much after dominitaing the first part of the race by quite some margin. The desicion form his father doesnt came as a surprise if you ask me, Vettel is coming to the team and they will put all the focus on him, so to have his son as a second driver is sure very conveniert in many ways... same as it is very convenietn for Mercdes to have Bottas as a second driver(I think they dont want Max next to Lewis). All in all I didnt expect Stroll to have that kind of performance over the whole season... 

Agian Lewis SmileySmileySmiley

The pink Mercedes isn't a slow car, and they had a set up to light up the tires quicker than anyone else's. Put any driver on the grid in the same car and same position and you will get pretty much the same result at the start. Clear track with clear visibility. Easy peasy.

Lance keep repeating he doesn't understands why, that explains a lot. All tires go through a graining phase, been mentioned many times that the driver just have to stick with it and drive through it. Some cope with it better than others, and Lance is worse at it, that's all. He just doesn't have he skillset to drive a less than perfect car. Perez's 2nd place is proof that the pink Mercedes isn't slow, and Lance sunk back into where he belongs, mid grid even in the fastest mild field car. Give him a even slower car and he will finish last. 

--

Perez will secure a drive next season. There is more to his driving ability than what we have seen so far.

Could be another arse kicker in a good car Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Whoopsy:
    Shaich:

Regarding Stroll, I actusally was impressed and a bit surprised how well he drove in the beginning of th race and I was also very surprised ro see that he fell back that much after dominitaing the first part of the race by quite some margin. The desicion form his father doesnt came as a surprise if you ask me, Vettel is coming to the team and they will put all the focus on him, so to have his son as a second driver is sure very conveniert in many ways... same as it is very convenietn for Mercdes to have Bottas as a second driver(I think they dont want Max next to Lewis). All in all I didnt expect Stroll to have that kind of performance over the whole season... 

Agian Lewis SmileySmileySmiley

The pink Mercedes isn't a slow car, and they had a set up to light up the tires quicker than anyone else's. Put any driver on the grid in the same car and same position and you will get pretty much the same result at the start. Clear track with clear visibility. Easy peasy.

Lance keep repeating he doesn't understands why, that explains a lot. All tires go through a graining phase, been mentioned many times that the driver just have to stick with it and drive through it. Some cope with it better than others, and Lance is worse at it, that's all. He just doesn't have he skillset to drive a less than perfect car. Perez's 2nd place is proof that the pink Mercedes isn't slow, and Lance sunk back into where he belongs, mid grid even in the fastest mild field car. Give him a even slower car and he will finish last.

Yes you may be right, he had all he needed to have an "easy" game, but he nailed it in quali and also at the beginning of the race. Yes I am sure he is not on PAR with Perez, but he does surprise sometimes(if you compare with AlbonSmiley) thats all I say... 

Red Bull are nuts if they do not pair MV with Perez in 2021.

Presumably Ferrari will be more competitive in 2021 with a new engine so Red Bull will need a second driver consistently getting solid points if they want to maintain their ownership of 2nd place in the Constructors’ Championship, Not to mention assisting MV with strategy to play at the front with the Mercs.

DJM48:

Presumably Ferrari will be more competitive in 2021 with a new engine so Red Bull will need a second driver consistently getting solid points if they want to maintain their ownership of 2nd place in the Constructors’ Championship, Not to mention assisting MV with strategy to play at the front with the Mercs.

Totally agree, I stated above that Perez would be a good signing.

He can hustle a car which is what a RB is all about.

It'll would be good for F1 if the others can shift MB off the top now and again. 

Lets face it, if it wasn't for Max this season F1 would have been a NO show.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:
    DJM48:

It'll would be good for F1 if the others can shift MB off the top now and again. 

I would like to see Hulk as Max's teammate, I think it would be a betetr pairing. I dont know why but Perez is not my cup of tea, sure he is a good driver, but there is someting about him that makes me fall asleep. SmileyI know thats not very scientific. Smiley

Shaich:
    throt:
    DJM48:

I would like to see Hulk as Max's teammate, I think it would be a betetr pairing. I dont know why but Perez is not my cup of tea, sure he is a good driver, but there is someting about him that makes me fall asleep. SmileyI know thats not very scientific. Smiley

Its only just recently that I have become a bit of a Perez fan Smiley. Probably due to racing point getting rid of him, they were always going to keep Lance for obvious reasons.

If he gets a drive next season he will be all guns ablaze on track with the racing points. Be worth a watch no Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Shaich:
    throt:
    DJM48:

Perez could be considered as one of those 'boring', 'average' F1 driver. 

Nothing spectacular, also won't do anything stupid either. Reliable points getter in a reasonably quick car day in and day out.

Someone you want to be a #2 in support of a #1. 

(Bottas was suppose to be one of those but lately he is doing more and more stupid things.)

But not sure if his driving style matches that of Max. RBR setup the car as how Max wanted it, but his way doesn't suit Gasly nor Albon. 

--

Whoopsy:
    Shaich:
    throt:
    DJM48:

But not sure if his driving style matches that of Max. RBR setup the car as how Max wanted it, but his way doesn't suit Gasly nor Albon. 

I have heard this but not sure about it.

Example, A truly good footballer can play in any position on the park . They just have that extra.

Like a Premier Division player compared to a Division one player.

Max and Lewis are just plain better over the course of a race. ( not to mention with a full tank of juice which effects all sorts)

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Whoopsy:
    Shaich:
    throt:
    DJM48:

Perez could be considered as one of those 'boring', 'average' F1 driver. 

Nothing spectacular, also won't do anything stupid either. Reliable points getter in a reasonably quick car day in and day out.

Someone you want to be a #2 in support of a #1. 

(Bottas was suppose to be one of those but lately he is doing more and more stupid things.)

Again as I said I no doubt about his talent, and yes he is a solid point collector, but I personally wish that F1 would have more internal action... and that is not going to happen with Perez. On the other hand I bleibe that it could happen with Hulk, and I am sure he is not less talented than Perez. 

Yes in F1 there are quite some differences in driving styles and as soon as you set up a car for one driver the other one can struggle a lot. This is also why I am not such a big fan of comparisons between drivers, I remember Vettel for example dominated F1 as long as the blown diffuser was allowed, as soon as it was banned he had quite some trouble with his teammate... So there are so many factors wich play a role in weather a driver delivers or not. No doubt there are some drivers who can easily adapt than others, but again this is a very difficult topic I think! 

throt:
    Whoopsy:
    Shaich:
    throt:
    DJM48:

Example, A truly good footballer can play in any position on the park . They just have that extra.

Max and Lewis are just plain better over the course of a race. ( not to mention with a full tank of juice which effects all sorts)

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

I dont think that this is comparable at all, as in F1 the car makes about 80% more or liess of the success, means doesn’t matter how good of a driver in a Williams nobody can get the WDC this year. The cars are very complex and even if the cars are good, the doesn’t fit every driver... as they tend to have different aspects wich makes them go along with the car. It’s almost like if you would do the soccer comparison and have balls with different shapes square triangular or whatever... then it would be somewhat comparable. 

The car is surely a significant parameter for success, but in F1 history the best drivers get the best cars.

Hamilton, for example with his talent and his track record before entering F1,  wouldn't be overlooked by the top teams so as to be relegated to Williams or comparable. Similarly, none of the tailenders would be engaged by Mercedes or the other top teams.

Similarly in football the best players play for the best teams and therefore they win titles and accolades.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

throt:
    Whoopsy:
    Shaich:
    throt:
    DJM48:

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Yes and no. The top guys can adjust on the fly to compensate and keep going, doesn't mean that's the way they wanted it in the first place.

Some guys prefer a 'loose' car, setup to have more oversteering built in, others prefer a more stable car, perhaps neutral or slight understeer. 

Back in the Cup car days me and my partner have slightly different setup, and a different driving style, but we have to share one car for endurance so we tried the other's car and check for time drop offs. He loses less time driving mine vs me driving his and we settled on using my car as the endurance car. My partner is a bette driver and can adapt better, but still not as good as when he is driving his own setup.

--

Sour grapes, nothing more. He is jealous that he isn't up for knighthood. If Stirling Moss is knighted, I don't see why Hamilton isn't especially when Hamilton achieved so much more than Moss. 

--

I agree with you, but it’s quite heavy what he says... very strange reaction... he is a brilliant snooker player and I did expect more respect from his side... very disappointing to see such reactions. In order to perform like Hamilton so many years in a row is quite some achievement. I don’t get it yes 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691119 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410204 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256256 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235424 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65753 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858859 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775150 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM