Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2020] Formula 1

Perhaps health care workers should be compensated based on the revenue they help bring into their respective employers? broken heart Athletes in general get paid based on their relative worth to the people who pay them. Exceptional performers like Hamilton, Tom Brady, Ronaldo etc. command more money because that level of talent and subsequently their ability to draw fans, raise brand power, and increase revenue is incredibly rare and worth the premium. Having said that, show me anyone who doesn't think they are worth more than they are getting paid. yes

--

Formula Drift smiley

Crazy Q3 with wet track and tyre selection

1EF42666-9D85-4EFD-B03A-502DB7EC8637.png

Love it we need a little bit of that... lets hope the race tomorrow is crazy as that smiley stroll surprised me... 

Been saying all along. Race on a wet track and the field will equalize themselves.

Gonna be fun watching tomorrow and see how Stroll handle the pressure.

--

Very interesting, so there will be ways around the driver cap... no need to worry about Lewis devil https://youtu.be/-mc1Sxkj7hU

Shaich:

Very interesting, so there will be ways around the driver cap... no need to worry about Lewis devil https://youtu.be/-mc1Sxkj7hU

I think it's a mistake that the budget doesn't work the other way around. Where if a team doesn't spend to the cap on driver salary cannot spend those extra money on the car. That way, the 'back marker' teams could have a chance to catch up. 

--

What a race. What a drive by Hamilton. Fitting for him to have such a drive to earn his 7th title. Proved why he is the greatest ever.

Embarrassing for Stroll senior this weekend. The driver he threw away is the one that gave him the result. At one point his own son is what 30 seconds up on Hamilton but in the end, junior is over a minute back at the finish. It's not where one start that matters, it's where one finished that counts. 

Hamilton managed what the whole grid cannot do, made the inter last fro so long and at a great pace even. That's what separate him from everyone else. 

--

An extraordinary talent.

Probably the best race of recent years.

Whoopsy:

What a race. What a drive by Hamilton. Fitting for him to have such a drive to earn his 7th title. Proved why he is the greatest ever.

Embarrassing for Stroll senior this weekend. The driver he threw away is the one that gave him the result. At one point his own son is what 30 seconds up on Hamilton but in the end, junior is over a minute back at the finish. It's not where one start that matters, it's where one finished that counts. 

Hamilton managed what the whole grid cannot do, made the inter last fro so long and at a great pace even. That's what separate him from everyone else. 

The inters, by luck, ended up being semi slicks which absolutely played out nicely for the top 3 finishes due to the rain holding off. For those three their tyres were slicks come intermediate. Cant recall any other race seeing their tyres looking like they did at the end of the race but it really did give them pace. The track was holding some nice damp bits even when it was drying up.

Still fantastic drive by Hamilton and so pleased for Vett and Perez.

Leclerc too, what a drive. Shame about the mistake at the end but he had to go for it.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

This was the best race of the season and perhaps the best for the past two or three years.  It was worth waking up at 0400 to watch this one.  Hamilton, once again, proved mastery of car, track, and competition.  It was nice to see Vettel on the podium with a good solid run for the entire race and Perez deserves a seat with a top team.  One can envision him replacing Bottas at Mercedes after his disastrous performance today.  

Returning to the real world, getting up early on a Sunday has its advantages as one was able to have brunch, a nice and extremely unhealthy serving of biscuits and jalapeño sausage gravy with eggs, at the usual spot without waiting.  We were the only ones in the place when we first arrived and managed to get a trip into the hardware store to pickup some supplies for winter preparation.  Now, what will one do with the rest of the day?

Sounds like an awesome lunch, buddy. You can’t  beat a nice helping of biscuits, as long as it’s not 2 times a day every day indecision.

Yep, great race. Max was still frustrated from Q3, it showed on that super risky overtake on the racing point. If he pulled it off it would have been unreal but he has to wait, he would have been past him within two laps.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Great race!

LH showing again how great he is. Messy first laps, the Mercedes did not work well with cold rain tires. it only got better in his 5th lap.

Vettel won 8 positions in the first lap kiss

Max...risking too much...ruining his race.

Bottas...same car as LH but he did many mistakes. 3 spins heart

LH took off after getting to first place in lap 37. Impressive pace!

Vettel trolled again in the pix box? 5+ secs stop...

Leclerc got too greedy in the last corners and lost 3rd place to Vettel.

LH and Perez took care of the tires very well. 50+ laps

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1327944508277919744?

throt:
    Whoopsy:

The inters, by luck, ended up being semi slicks which absolutely played out nicely for the top 3 finishes due to the rain holding off. For those three their tyres were slicks come intermediate. Cant recall any other race seeing their tyres looking like they did at the end of the race but it really did give them pace. The track was holding some nice damp bits even when it was drying up.

Still fantastic drive by Hamilton and so pleased for Vett and Perez.

Leclerc too, what a drive. Shame about the mistake at the end but he had to go for it.

Not quite. Compound wise, the inters were always designed to be able to run as slicks once they wore though the groves. They were supposed to be used when the track is a bit damp but drying. Very unlike the wets where they get destroyed once there were no moisture on track. I do am surprised how far Hamilton and Perez can last on their set of inters. They are not suppose to be able to go that far but with a smooth green track the wear on the tire is a lot less than on any other track.

--

LH  “How long will these inters last?”

Bono “ We don’t know Lewis..”

A great race!

Whoopsy:

+1

get in there Lewis. And got in there big time!!

LH is the greatest driver in F1 history but unfortunately his impressive skills, talent and achievements aren’t fully acknowledged at all. ☹️
    Other than SV he isn’t 7times WC due to great race cara only but mainly because he‘s just simply the best! 💪🏻
    It‘s like in Tennis, there’s Roger Federer and....Nobody else comes even close to him in regards of talent, touch snd all over achievements (even though Rafa equaled 20 GS titles this year @RG)

MV was a pure disappointment as he had the best car in the field but was way to aggressive and over-motivated and lost big time 😏

Whoopsy:
    Shaich:

I think it's a mistake that the budget doesn't work the other way around. Where if a team doesn't spend to the cap on driver salary cannot spend those extra money on the car. That way, the 'back marker' teams could have a chance to catch up. 

Yes I totaly agree on that with you... its so stupid!!! Why not be able to use that money saved on development of the car Smiley

Whoopsy:

Yes and again Hamilton showed all what he is made of... that is what champions do, deliver at any given moment!!! It is really impressive to see what he is able to do, Look at Bottas another very bad performance by him got lapped by Hamilton, well this says all...

Regarding Stroll, I actusally was impressed and a bit surprised how well he drove in the beginning of th race and I was also very surprised ro see that he fell back that much after dominitaing the first part of the race by quite some margin. The desicion form his father doesnt came as a surprise if you ask me, Vettel is coming to the team and they will put all the focus on him, so to have his son as a second driver is sure very conveniert in many ways... same as it is very convenietn for Mercdes to have Bottas as a second driver(I think they dont want Max next to Lewis). All in all I didnt expect Stroll to have that kind of performance over the whole season... 

Agian Lewis SmileySmileySmiley

Topspeed:

Vettel said all trhat need to be said, and he did it very well!!! Great sportsman I hope to see next year again on top of the grid (although I am not a Vettel fan). Would love to see Ham, Max and Vet fight for the win... what a season that would be, maybe we just must let them all drive a Mercedes SmileySmiley. That would be a interesting season.

You guys enjoy supporting diva boy Ham.

Max will be booting arse next season, due to there is no faster driver than a mad Mad Max driver.indecision

Max took too many chances in the race, its was a bit too much of the old Max wasn't it.

In quali Max was on a different level to Ham, the superior one angelsmiley.

Seriously though, same car, MV would be quicker. I would pledge in Q3 he would be around .250 faster kiss

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:

Max will be booting arse next season, due to there is no faster driver than a mad Mad Max driver.indecision

Max took too many chances in the race, its was a bit too much of the old Max wasn't it.

Seriously though, same car, MV would be quicker. I would pledge in Q3 he would be around .250 faster kiss

Max was not without his mistakes yesterday, was he? Hamilta had the patience to wait until the tires switched on...

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

throt:

I am not a Hamilton fan, but I know when someone deserves credit, seems that you not. I still don’t get it yes Max is a great drover sure one of the best on the grid, but he still needs to deliver... Hamilton did deliver 7 times already... and yet you are sure that Max will destroy him... I don’t say that Hamilton will win but sure Max will not have easy life... Hamilton gave Alonso quite a hard time in his rookie year... maybe you forget that. And Alonso was that one who has beaten 7 times WDC Michael Schumacher... 

I just say I think he deserves a little more respect than that wink as long as they don’t have the same material you can never judge... and also if it’s hard to call as every drover has his driving style....

Porker:
    throt:

Max was not without his mistakes yesterday, was he? Hamilta had the patience to wait until the tires switched on...

I think it’s clear that yesterday Max had the way better car... through out all the weekend... and he messed up. Hamilton again showed his class, I don’t know how but he always ends up up there. Smiley

I do genuinely believe Max would be quicker in the same car. Look at the difference between Albon and Max, it’s huge, across the very large majority of races. 

Ham is a great driver but he has been very fortunate with the tools he has been given.

I would love to even see Russell as Hams team mate Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Yesterday though, and at last, Ham showed a bit of genuine emotion. Which was refreshing. He would triple his fan base if he showed that side more.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:

I do genuinely believe Max would be quicker in the same car. Look at the difference between Albon and Max, it’s huge, across the very large majority of races. 

Ham is a great driver but he has been very fortunate with the tools he has been given.

I would love to even see Russell as Hams team mate Smiley

At the end of the day we can believe a lot, as it seems we will never know... as they will most probably not be in the same car, at least not in this lifetime. I again remind you what he did to the so strong Alonso back in 2007, and McLAren was totally focused on Alonso... still he managed to beat him... I dont think that Max would beat Hamilton so easily... IMO 50/50... and sorry but who is Albon??? Seems that Albins time is over in F1. As you know without luck you cant achieve anything in life, sure Fortuna was on his side, but he made the best out of it!!! Same as Seb in the Red Bull... It’s not enough to get the best weapon you need also to know how to use it!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763904 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436217 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260912 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257875 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82583 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876616 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808591 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM