Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide - USA Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Evo Spyder RWD

the-missile:
    RC: Smiley I still doubt the 2023 deadline but I hope that guy from Lambo is right.

the deadline is only related to the certification of the EVO car. Only possible way to answer this for good is the certificate of conformity...if you have access to it then your answer will be clear and final. nothing will change in between.Smiley

Good question, the emissions standard of the Huracan and the Huracan Performante also changed mid production and some crazy persons were suggesting that the Huracan/Performante got a hidden(!) particulate filter, which of course is the biggest bull I ever heard. Still: My Performante is EURO 6d temp, so...Smiley For the R8 V10 Plus, this required a particulate filter and 20 hp less. Funny. Of course the Performante V10 engine has some different parts but they are mainly there to improve performance, not emissions. I thought. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    the-missile:
    RC: Smiley I still doubt the 2023 deadline but I hope that guy from Lambo is right.

the deadline is only related to the certification of the EVO car. Only possible way to answer this for good is the certificate of conformity...if you have access to it then your answer will be clear and final. nothing will change in between.Smiley

Good question, the emissions standard of the Huracan and the Huracan Performante also changed mid production and some crazy persons were suggesting that the Huracan/Performante got a hidden(!) particulate filter, which of course is the biggest bull I ever heard. Still: My Performante is EURO 6d temp, so...Smiley For the R8 V10 Plus, this required a particulate filter and 20 hp less. Funny. Of course the Performante V10 engine has some different parts but they are mainly there to improve performance, not emissions. I thought.

I just checked on website, the EVO is EU6AG/DG/AZ WLTP. This is enforced since 01.09.2019 and this type certificate is valid till the end of 2021...

Your Euro 6d-TEMP certifcate stopped at the end of 2018.

Depends when the next car comes into market, some type certificate applies till 2025...(Euro 6D-ISC-FCM)

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

OK so I drove the Spyder Evo RWD today, but only on public roads (freeway mostly) so no true test of the car's capabilities. Coming from my 981GS, the performance is so much greater there really isn't any need for me to assess it. I'll be on a learning curve for a while. I was more interested in seeing some of the options available and in trying the new sport seats (very nice, easily adjustable and use less cabin room the comfort seats). At 5'10" I fit comfortably, although the roof crossmember was about an inch lower than I would like for forward visibility, still OK though.

For me, the styling is just right. I could drive it to work if I wanted, without it looking completely out of place. The lack of obvious aero is a plus for me in this regard. The stance is aggressive and the front air intake has a "cleaner" more rational design now. The rear diffuser looks better too. I am going to leave it body color, and if I want to repaint the diffuser or wrap it later, that will be easier than trying to paint match the diffuser to the car if specced black initially.

The worst thing? The turn signals. I'm OK with their being on the steering wheel, but there is no "3 blinks" for lane changes that I could find. And the signal is located too far below the wheel thumbrest for use without repositioning your hands. This was not well thought out, as you are tempted to lazily stop indicating lane changes. Of course, I'll not do that, but the annoyance will be there every time...

The magneto-rheological suspension works very well, much more versatile than the -20mm steel suspension in my 981GTS. Absolutely flat cornering in sport, with better than expected compliance when in strada.

I'm waiting for a painted metal color sample of Verde Artemis before I place my deposit. That paint sample should be here in a couple of days.

I going to pass on the 812. First of all, the car is just too long. Four wheel steering aside, it just doesn't project an adequate sports car image for me, due to its sheer length. Also, for nearly 100K less, I'd rather get exactly the spec I want in the Evo RWD instead of accepting a few compromises. Yes there will be depreciation, but I have to live with my OCD issues, and sometimes money can't overcome that so easily!

They tell me April / May 2021 delivery. And I am glad to see that GPF won't happen during that time, even if we have different info about when that will come to Lamborghini. Thanks for all of your help thus far.

Special note to Nick (nberry): I think you are exactly right in your comments about this car, and in sports cars in general. Its about emotion in this case, not hp or N-ring figures. And this Evo RWD is what I am looking for. Thanks for your help with this!

There are times we need something extra in our lives regardless of how successful or happy we are. Something that we enjoy alone or with someone we like or love. That special thing that at the end of a day or weekends you can immerse yourself in. For me, a coveted sport car is that something. Glad you found yours. kiss

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

nberry:

There are times we need something extra in our lives regardless of how successful or happy we are. Something that we enjoy alone or with someone we like or love. That special thing that at the end of a day or weekends you can immerse yourself in. For me, a coveted sport car is that something. Glad you found yours. kiss

I think we can agree on this one. I stopped looking for the holy grail of sports cars, meaning a family friendly daily driver super sports car, some while ago, simply because this isn't possible and if it is possible (to some degree), it involves too many compromises. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

You get used to the turn signals, trust me. Sometimes I got so used to them that I was looking for the turn signals on the steering wheel when I switched to a different car. Smiley Only roundabouts are a serious issue but it is manageable... Smiley

Glad you liked the Evo RWD, the engine is a treat. Smiley

--

the-missile:
    RC:
    the-missile:

I just checked on website, the EVO is EU6AG/DG/AZ WLTP. This is enforced since 01.09.2019 and this type certificate is valid till the end of 2021...

Your Euro 6d-TEMP certifcate stopped at the end of 2018.

Depends when the next car comes into market, some type certificate applies till 2025...(Euro 6D-ISC-FCM)

Not sure I understand: Currently, there are only two "new" valid emissions standards in Europe, Euro 6d temp and Euro 6d. There are barely cars with Euro 6d available and even the new Evo is Euro 6d temp according to all documents I checked. According to my dealer (and all information I got from the internet), there is no Lamborghini with Euro 6d yet, the latest models have the Euro 6d temp certification, including the Evo. 

Euro 6d is required for all newly certified cars from January 2020 on and for all newly registered cars after January 2021.

My Huracan Performante was registrable until August 31st 2019. I has the first Euro 6d temp certification.

The Huracan Evo is currently Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC, so it is still a Euro 6d temp certification but slightly more advanced (improved testing methods).

My GLC 63 S AMG with particulate filter is for example Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC. Same as the Huracan Evo surprisingly but the Evo has no particulate filter.

Starting with January 2020, all newly certified cars need to have Euro 6d, so a particulate filter is basically a must. 

In Germany, there is a registration deadline for cars with older 6d temp and 6d certifications: Dealers can sell stock cars until December 31st 2021 with a special permit. Usually, these cars can only be registered until December 31st 2020.

Meaning in short: Starting with the new model year starting in 2021 (or late 2020), all cars in Europe will very very likely have a particulate filter, including Lamborghini models. 

--

RC:

Not sure I understand: Currently, there are only two "new" valid emissions standards in Europe, Euro 6d temp and Euro 6d. There are barely cars with Euro 6d available and even the new Evo is Euro 6d temp according to all documents I checked. According to my dealer (and all information I got from the internet), there is no Lamborghini with Euro 6d yet, the latest models have the Euro 6d temp certification, including the Evo. 

Euro 6d is required for all newly certified cars from January 2020 on and for all newly registered cars after January 2021.

My Huracan Performante was registrable until August 31st 2019. I has the first Euro 6d temp certification.

The Huracan Evo is currently Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC, so it is still a Euro 6d temp certification but slightly more advanced (improved testing methods).

My GLC 63 S AMG with particulate filter is for example Euro 6d-TEMP-EVAP-ISC. Same as the Huracan Evo surprisingly but the Evo has no particulate filter.

Starting with January 2020, all newly certified cars need to have Euro 6d, so a particulate filter is basically a must. 

In Germany, there is a registration deadline for cars with older 6d temp and 6d certifications: Dealers can sell stock cars until December 31st 2021 with a special permit. Usually, these cars can only be registered until December 31st 2020.

Meaning in short: Starting with the new model year starting in 2021 (or late 2020), all cars in Europe will very very likely have a particulate filter, including Lamborghini models. 

Wrong readings from my side, that's the consequence of trying to do multiple things at the same time. Your 6d Temp was indeed valid till 31 August 2019 which is the first 6d-Temp.

2 others certifications are available with 6d-Temp; ISC (already finished) and EVAP-ISC (till end of 2021).

EVAP is related to evaporative test and ISC to in service conformity.

6d-ISC starts on 1 Jan 2020 and is valid till 2025 so whatever cars fill into that certification will be safe for the next few years.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Do you have a clue when a particulate filter would be mandatory to achieve these emissions standards?

I have no clue, neither do my sources or my dealer. Smiley

--

RC:

Do you have a clue when a particulate filter would be mandatory to achieve these emissions standards?

If you look at the different implementation of the road driving test (RDE) and the most strigent one RDE II, which started on 1 Jan 2020 with a transition period up to 1 Jan 2021, I believe any car sold from that date will be equipped with one. This is also the kick start of Euro 6d.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    RC:

If you look at the different implementation of the road driving test (RDE) and the most strigent one RDE II, which started on 1 Jan 2020 with a transition period up to 1 Jan 2021, I believe any car sold from that date will be equipped with one. This is also the kick start of Euro 6d.

Thanks, makes sense. So I guess 2021 will be the year of revelation for Lamborghini. Smiley Smiley

--

mcdelaug:

The worst thing? The turn signals. I'm OK with their being on the steering wheel, but there is no "3 blinks" for lane changes that I could find. And the signal is located too far below the wheel thumbrest for use without repositioning your hands. This was not well thought out, as you are tempted to lazily stop indicating lane changes. Of course, I'll not do that, but the annoyance will be there every time...

It‘s not the positioning of the turn signal switch and I also like it better than the one used by Ferrari. In the Lamborghini you only have one on the left hand side, which is similar to the standard stalks and also to the ones on a motorbike, whereas in the Ferrari you have two switches, which I find somehow counter intuitive. What annoys me in the Lamborghini are mostly two things: as you said it doesn‘t offer three blinks which could easily be incorporated in the switch and the overall rather flimsy feel of the turn signal knob.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

It does have a 3 flash function. Press the switch then immediately press it again and it will give a three flash signal before self cancelling.

ISUK:

It does have a 3 flash function. Press the switch then immediately press it again and it will give a three flash signal before self cancelling.

Oh really? Smiley

I never realised that. Smiley
    Must definitely try this next time I drive the car...

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Rossi:
    ISUK:

Oh really? Smiley

I never realised that.

Your 18.5 years of Rennteam membership have paid off with that single suggestion alone. Smiley

Smiley Smiley

--

Ferdie:
    Rossi:
    ISUK:

Oh really? Smiley

I never realised that.

Your 18.5 years of Rennteam membership have paid off with that single suggestion alone. Smiley

Better late than never. Smiley

--

I know it sounds crazy, but I’m so happy you posted that ISUK!

mcdelaug:

I know it sounds crazy, but I’m so happy you posted that ISUK!

Smiley I didn't know this either but I also have to admit that I got used to that steering wheel operated turning signals a long time ago. Roundabouts are my only concern (and annoyance).

--

Lamborghini Newport Beach have an unusual colour combination Evo Spyder AWD in Nero Granatus that must look great in a sunshine state setting as the paint colour will really come alive. It would simply look black most of the time here unfortunately.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.13.31.png

https://www.lambonb.com/used-Costa+Mesa+-2020-Lamborghini-Huracan+EVO-Spyder-ZHWUT4ZF2LLA12946

They also have a Grigio Lynx example with the Terra Asia leather. I love that interior as it is very Italian and stylish but sadly is the kiss of death for resale in the UK market I was told by my dealer.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.14.50.png

https://www.lambonb.com/new-Costa+Mesa+-2020-Lamborghini-Huracan+EVO-Spyder-ZHWUT4ZF8LLA13308

They have an Evo Sypder RWD in Nero Noctis with the new sport seats option.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.17.29.png

https://www.lambonb.com/new-Costa+Mesa+-2020-Lamborghini-Huracan+EVO-EVO+RWD+Spyder-ZHWUT5ZF6LLA15046

ISUK:

Lamborghini Newport Beach have an unusual colour combination Evo Spyder AWD in Nero Granatus that must look great in a sunshine state setting as the paint colour will really come alive. It would simply look black most of the time here unfortunately.

https://www.lambonb.com/used-Costa+Mesa+-2020-Lamborghini-Huracan+EVO-Spyder-ZHWUT4ZF2LLA12946

They also have a Grigio Lynx example with the Terra Asia leather. I love that interior as it is very Italian and stylish but sadly is the kiss of death for resale in the UK market I was told by my dealer.

https://www.lambonb.com/new-Costa+Mesa+-2020-Lamborghini-Huracan+EVO-Spyder-ZHWUT4ZF8LLA13308

These two look great, especially the one in Grigio Lynx (it may look a little bit too elegant though).

--

ISUK:

Great colours indeed. Interesting combination of muted exterior and bold interior colours. Just the yellow callipers on the second variant do not seem to work too well with the orange interior.

Driving on the sale, I’d wager the customer base in your region might prefer more subtle colours but can imagine major cities with a more extrovert clientele would not mind those colour combinations at all.

Ferdie:
    ISUK:

Great colours indeed. Interesting combination of muted exterior and bold interior colours. Just the yellow callipers on the second variant do not seem to work too well with the orange interior.

Driving on the sale, I’d wager the customer base in your region might prefer more subtle colours but can imagine major cities with a more extrovert clientele would not mind those colour combinations at all.

I’d go for this color combination in a heartbeat. 

Yes. And I don’t give a hoot about the color of the brakes. 

I saw Grigio lynx at the Dallas dealer, really too dark for my taste.

Deposit made, now for the waiting...

Congrats. Way to make time crawl. Keep us posted 

mcdelaug:

Congrats, you will never let this car go, believe me. There is nothing like it coming anymore I'm afraid. The V10 is dead (it will be replaced by a V8 Biturbo hybrid in the next gen, only the V12 stays n/a as a hybrid as well) and the sound of this engine will stay unique, all future cars will be muted, especially in Europe but also those for the US market at some point.

My dealer claims that the RWD Evo is as loud as the Performante, louder than the Evo AWD, for whatever reason. The same was the case with the R8 RWS, pretty weird.

You will love it, no doubt. Smiley

--

mcdelaug:

Congrats ! what spec are you thinking?

Hey Enma, thanks for asking.
    It will be MY 2021 in Verde Artemis, Aesir diamond cut 20s, CCBs with yellow calipers, gloss black on front, rear And side aero, body color diffuser

interior: new carbon sport seats in yellow and black Evo trim with inverted stitching (black on yellow and yellow on black), Bicolor floor mats, Lambo badge on headrest in yellow, cruise control (otherwise there’s a blank on the steering wheel), magneto-rheological suspension, front axle lift, alcantara on ceiling and A pillar, leather everywhere else. Yellow stitching on wheel. I removed all the composite material because it won’t match the carbon on the seats. No interest in the Sensonum (stereo) either given V10...

Delivery in April or May.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764791 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436795 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261175 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258077 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82707 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877130 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809276 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM