Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide - USA Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Evo Spyder RWD

Porker:

My perfect two car garage would be an 812 and something very pure/analog on the side. A 996 RS, or a 3.8 RS to enjoy the Nordschleife. One day! wink

Smiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

Porker:

My perfect two car garage would be an 812 and something very pure/analog on the side. A 996 RS, or a 3.8 RS to enjoy the Nordschleife. One day! wink

You should really drive a Performante once but only in Corsa mode (from the start). Then, after driving the car for half an hour or so, switch to Strada and auto mode.

The Performante is like Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. Many think that the Performante is just a modified Huracan but it really isn't. The analogue drive feel you get in Corsa mode is amazing, especially considering the change in everything once you switch back to Strada mode.

It is like having two different car worlds in one car and yes, I know how improbably this sounds. 

The 812 is an amazing car but if you really want to add something super analogue, get a 964 RS. I know prices are high right now but maybe...with the lingering economic crisis... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I do really believe a Performante is a fabulous car, honestly. All I've read about it is rave reviews, and I think it looks fabulous too. At the moment usefully cheaper than an 812 too, but I'm not too much of a 4WD person and it's so in your face, which would be an issue if you use the car as often as I tend to. Practically speaking I even think I'm too tall for a Huracan anyway?

Nono, a subtle colored 812 is the way forward! kiss

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:

I do really believe a Performante is a fabulous car, honestly. All I've read about it is rave reviews, and I think it looks fabulous too. At the moment usefully cheaper than an 812 too, but I'm not too much of a 4WD person and it's so in your face, which would be an issue if you use the car as often as I tend to. Practically speaking I even think I'm too tall for a Huracan anyway?

If you want to track a Performante, it is definitely the wrong car for you. There isn't enough headroom for a helmet, I'm not really tall and I already had issues with wearing a helmet at a Lambo event because it hit the roof. Smiley Also, there is no six point harness for any of the Performante seats available (there seems to be an aftermarket solution but...).

The Performante is an excellent weekend fun car for roads, not for the track.

Regarding the "in your face": I was worried about that too, a lot (you know my stories Smiley). It is unbelievable  how people react to this car, Rossi has the same experience with his Performante and his car is certainly a little bit more special (color combo) than mine. I was so afraid that people would react similar to how they reacted in the past to my Porsches but not even close. Smiley I remains a mystery to me, honestly.

Nono, a subtle colored 812 is the way forward! kiss

Yes, very elegant color. Not really my thing (elegant) but I would take the 812 in any color, the car is fantastic. Smiley

Did you get yours or did I understand something wrong? I may have overlooked that post. If yes, congratulations, excellent choice. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

My problem with the 812 has nothing to do with performance. I drove one and it’s a beast. But it doesn’t have a sport car feel or appearance. I don’t view as a car I would look forward to driving for entertainment. As I posted earlier, it is a fast luxurious loud mode of transportation. 

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

nberry:

My problem with the 812 has nothing to do with performance. I drove one and it’s a beast. But it doesn’t have a sport car feel or appearance. I don’t view as a car I would look forward to driving for entertainment. As I posted earlier, it is a fast luxurious loud mode of transportation. 

You can push the 812 very hard and then it changes from a comfortable GT to a beast. Traction could be a tad better indeed but I guess some people like a more challenging and/or rear end shaking car, others don't. It is definitely a very nice sports car in my opinion and very likely one of the last n/a Ferraris.

--

RC:
    nberry:

You can push the 812 very hard and then it changes from a comfortable GT to a beast. Traction could be a tad better indeed but I guess some people like a more challenging and/or rear end shaking car, others don't. It is definitely a very nice sports car in my opinion and very likely one of the last n/a Ferraris.

I think Chris Harris compared it to an M3 CSL with more than double the power, and that feels spot on. It drives in the same hooliganesque but controllable way, you can drive it with utter abandon and it always feels under control. Zero understeer and super playful/adjustable, which is quite a feat for an 800hp car.

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

RC:

Did you get yours or did I understand something wrong? I may have overlooked that post. If yes, congratulations, excellent choice. Smiley Smiley

Nono not yet, the one pictured is my friends' Verde British example. Smiley

--

Porker:
    RC:

Did you get yours or did I understand something wrong? I may have overlooked that post. If yes, congratulations, excellent choice. 

Nono not yet, the one pictured is my friends' Verde British example. Smiley

Great car and it looks much better in real life than on pictures. Although I personally think that the interior on the F12/458/FF was more coherent than those of their successors. 

Now I wait for your response, guys... Smiley

Whoopsy:

My old F12 in black mostly looks like a black Corvette and no one really pays much attention 

And you could always maximise that by slapping some Corvette badges on. Smiley

Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:

My old F12 in black mostly looks like a black Corvette and no one really pays much attention 

Funny: On pictures, the 812 really had a lot from the Corvette (C7) but when I saw the car live, not a bit. Smiley

Which brings me back to the rule of thumb that one should never judge a car before you've seen it live.

--

RC:
    Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:

Funny: On pictures, the 812 really had a lot from the Corvette (C7) but when I saw the car live, not a bit. Smiley

Which brings me back to the rule of thumb that one should never judge a car before you've seen it live.

From a distance both cars do look rather similar even in person.  I finally saw a new Corvette on the road last weekend and it is immediately recognizable from the front as a Corvette.  Well done Corvette design team.  

Please help me. Where the f**k are you driving those cars legally ? A slight press to the pedal and you are in jail territory, even in Germany. Had a meeting in Erlagen this week (about 200km one way, large stretches of unrestricted autobahn) and took the Turbo for some fun. Turned out that my average speed was 59km/h. Next time I'll take the train 

It’s not impossible, this is yesterday... it’s also a mobile office. 

9B6DDCF7-5C07-4397-BDEA-7CD46A84B190.jpeg

--

schmoell:

Please help me. Where the f**k are you driving those cars legally ? A slight press to the pedal and you are in jail territory, even in Germany. Had a meeting in Erlagen this week (about 200km one way, large stretches of unrestricted autobahn) and took the Turbo for some fun. Turned out that my average speed was 59km/h. Next time I'll take the train 

I agree with your post. However, I don't believe any of us drive our cars legally while on public roads.Smiley

--

I’ve done some reading about LDS and it sounds like the kind of technology I want to avoid in a car. However I am going to ask that they paint the car Verde Artemis. I just can’t stop looking at it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_HmBOpM9hQ&feature=share

An Aventador in Verde Artemis...

mcdelaug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_HmBOpM9hQ&feature=share

An Aventador in Verde Artemis...

They should call it Blu Artemis... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Yes, the Verde part seems inaccurate

schmoell:

Well... There are some nice country roads, as you may remember from our last drive together... Smiley

On the Autobahn, well...sometimes there is traffic, sometimes there isn't. I do not like Autobahn driving too much, I prefer country roads, often more challenging and also more fun.

I stopped driving speeds over 270 kph in my Performante because it got boring and the lower tire pressure (up to 270 kph, the Performante requires a lower tire pressure) benefits the car's handling a lot.

This is why I never got a 720S and probably also won't get a 765LT (I had one on my mind): These cars are amazing for the Autobahn but on twisty country roads, they cannot outrun my Performante (or your GT3 RS for that matter). We can talk all day long about legal speeds Smiley but driving more than 100 kph in turns isn't easy on public roads, so it is actually possible to stay within the legal speed limit and still have some fun.

Of course there are these idiots who do over 200 kph on a country road straight but this isn't me, I would never do that. This is another problem with the 720S for example: On a country road, this car can get too fast on straights, without the driver even really noticing it. I had a friend passing me (I was doing almost 120 kph Smiley) and later on, when I confronted him, he said he thought I was going 80 or so (not even sure he was serious about this). I bet he had over 180 on that straight of the country road, way too fast. Smiley

Long story short: Emotional cars are more enjoyable within legal speed limits than those Autobahn monsters a la 720S or even 992 Turbo S. I'd even say that the GT2 RS is more fun on normal roads (not Autobahn) than the 720S.

Special cars, this is what it is all about. People who aren't satisfied with some spirited country roads or mountain roads driving can still go to the track. I miss the track from time to time but I really cannot put that much money into this hobby anymore, I spent already too much. I barely have the time on weekends to drive my Performante on public roads, so... Maybe when I retire. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

mcdelaug:

I’ve done some reading about LDS and it sounds like the kind of technology I want to avoid in a car. However I am going to ask that they paint the car Verde Artemis. I just can’t stop looking at it...

The biggest issue in the Evo seems to be the rear wheel steering as far as I heard. I didn't have the chance to drive the Evo extensively (only half an hour during a Lamborghini presentation) but it lacked the go-kart feel of my Performante (which of course has a completely different chassis and steering setup but still...). 

The RWD seems to be more engaging, providing a more direct driving feel but like I said, I didn't have the chance to drive one yet. From the promises Audi made with their R8 RWS, I can only tell that they exaggerated a little bit but maybe Lamborghini did a better job.

No matter if AWD or RWD, the Evo is the hell of a fun car and it sounds fantastic. 

--

nberry:
    schmoell:

I agree with your post. However, I don't believe any of us drive our cars legally while on public roads.Smiley

The secret is to have a car that is able to give you that special feeling at legal or at least almost legal speeds.
    And this is where cars like the Performante come into play.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Couldn't have said it better. Smiley

I do not have to risk my driver's license to have fun in this car. 

Also, sooner or later, we are going to get a speed limit and cars like the 720S or the 992 Turbo S will not really be attractive anymore. They aren't emotional enough, they aren't track toys, so what is their purpose?! Smiley

This is where cars like the Performante, GT3/RS, GT2 RS, etc. come into play, highly enjoyable cars, even outside tracks. We just need to wait and see how the new 992 GT3 will sound. Bad news is that Porsche has established a certain guideline regarding sound emissions and it doesn't look good, even if the GT cars get more leeway along the way. This may be valid for Europe only though, I don't know.

--

Rossi:
    nberry:
    schmoell:

The secret is to have a car that is able to give you that special feeling at legal or at least almost legal speeds.
    And this is where cars like the Performante come into play.

Unfortunately those of us who feel that way about our cars and the reason for buying them are often accused as being poseurs. To me, they don’t get it. Smiley

BTW, I love the color. It’s elegant and compliments the styling of the car. Good choice.

--

Posers are those who spend washing, detailing their cars and only drive it once or twice a month to some car meet and/or along a boulevard or whatever. We have many of these people here in my town but believe it or not, not many super sports cars among them, mostly some tuned C63, M4, Ford Mustangs and similar stuff. 

Who wants to spend washing a Lambo when he can drive it and enjoy the divine sound? Smiley

--

mcdelaug:

And that sound appears intact until 2023

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lamborghini-huracan-evo-why-the-eu-is-silencing-screaming-supercars-11591956022

Can't read it because I have no subscription but I am working on a workaround... 

Not sure that everything will stay intact until 2023 though: Particulate filters may come to Lamborghini with the next model year (mid 2021), or even earlier. They will mute the sound, also because the engines and the exhaust systems need to be adapted as well. The R8 facelift may be a good indicator what will be to be expected: A nice and relatlively(!) loud sound, though already a bit muted and with a deeper tone up to 4000 rpm and then...almost nothing. Zilch. Smiley In the interior, the sound is still nice but even here a little bit muted but outside...well... Smiley

OK, I was able to read the article but there is nothing new in there. Smiley I still doubt the 2023 deadline but I hope that guy from Lambo is right.

Here is a link:

https://apkmetro.com/lamborghini-huracan-evo-why-the-eu-is-silencing-screaming-supercars/

--

RC:
    mcdelaug:

And that sound appears intact until 2023

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lamborghini-huracan-evo-why-the-eu-is-silencing-screaming-supercars-11591956022

Can't read it because I have no subscription but I am working on a workaround...

Take a look here:

https://apkmetro.com/lamborghini-huracan-evo-why-the-eu-is-silencing-screaming-supercars/

--

You were a second faster... Smiley

--

RC: Smiley I still doubt the 2023 deadline but I hope that guy from Lambo is right.

the deadline is only related to the certification of the EVO car. Only possible way to answer this for good is the certificate of conformity...if you have access to it then your answer will be clear and final. nothing will change in between.Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690423 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409712 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235237 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858373 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774634 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM