Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide - USA Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Evo Spyder RWD

I contacted my dealer today for pricing, as I want to explore moving out of my Boxster GTS. I still like mid engine, RWD and an open top, but ordering a 718 GTS 4.0 won't be enough of a change to be worth my while. The option packages on the RWD Evo Spyder are a little bit more value oriented than previously, so I am intrigued. I know RC has a Performante, and many other RTers have real experience with essentially everything on offer from all manufacturers. I've posted my proposed spec below and welcome your critique / suggestions.

Grigio Nimbus (no upcharge and should be easy to wrap later if desired) with black top

Driver Pack + Lifestyle Pack (lift, alarm, maintenance 3 yrs, magneto-rheological suspension, cupholder+smoking, smartphone integration, wheel discount)

Aesir Diamond Cut 20s, CCBs with yellow calipers

Style package in gloss black, windscreen trim in gloss black, rear diffuser in body color 

Roof lining and A pillar in alcantara

Bicolor sport seats (Nero Ade / Giallo Taurus) in leather with inverted stitching, GT Lambo headrest badges, leather steering wheel with GT stitching

So far I have ordered dynamic steering, but I will make a decision about that after getting feedback from RT and from driving cars with and without it...

Thanks for taking a look...

Alternatively I could get a used 812 for about 100K more... but I kind of like the idea of speccing a car my way and breaking it in myself. 

Re: Evo Spyder RWD

I would not waste money on painted rear diffuser especially when the car is grey... plenty of black parts on the car. save some $$

if you have the money for 812 and depending on your planned mileage, I would go with 812. Depreciation on the Lambo will not be cheap while the 812 is already on good depreciation and a deal can be done. these cars do not move fast these days. could be a bargain. You spec a car you plan to keep for a very long time then it makes sense.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

I would not waste money on painted rear diffuser especially when the car is grey... plenty of black parts on the car. save some $$

Good advice! I checked, and a body colored diffuser is the default, so actually the lowest $ option there.

if you have the money for 812 and depending on your planned mileage, I would go with 812. Depreciation on the Lambo will not be cheap while the 812 is already on good depreciation and a deal can be done. these cars do not move fast these days. could be a bargain. You spec a car you plan to keep for a very long time then it makes sense.

Yes, I wrestle with this a lot... Whatever I get, I will keep it for a long time, I always do. I kept the 987S for 9 years, the 981 GTS just had its 6th birthday. And delivery time is something to consider too... I plan to see both next Monday. Thanks for your insight!

If you want a very nimble and fantastic sounding car for driving around and having fun, the EVO Spyder RWD is a very good choice (be aware though that the RWD also results in traction issues). The 812 is heavier and a different type of car, highly enjoyable as well of course and maybe it will have a better resale value but driving a 812 vs. an Evo is basically like driving a Mercedes C63 vs. a 911. Both are fast but the 911 is more fun on the road.

A compromise could be the new F8 Tributo Spider...a friend just got one and loves it. No n/a engine though.

If you plan to use the car as a daily driver, the 812 may be the better solution under certain circumstances.

Maybe you should just drive both and decide. I will get a Evo Coupe RWD for a weekend in August, I am very curious about this car. The regular Evo, I'm not a big fan of. The rear wheel steering seems to take away some of the precision and sharpness, compared to my Performante, the Evo AWD lacks the go-kart feel. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

IThe regular Evo, I'm not a big fan of. The rear wheel steering seems to take away some of the precision and sharpness, compared to my Performante, the Evo AWD lacks the go-kart feel. Smiley

As far as I heard the new RWD should drive better then the AWD and also be better overall.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    RC:

IThe regular Evo, I'm not a big fan of. The rear wheel steering seems to take away some of the precision and sharpness, compared to my Performante, the Evo AWD lacks the go-kart feel. Smiley

As far as I heard the new RWD should drive better then the AWD and also be better overall.

I heard that from the Audi R8 RWS as well and unfortunately, it wasn't exactly true.

Hopefully Lamborghini did a better job...we'll see.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

If you want a very nimble and fantastic sounding car for driving around and having fun, the EVO Spyder RWD is a very good choice (be aware though that the RWD also results in traction issues). The 812 is heavier and a different type of car, highly enjoyable as well of course and maybe it will have a better resale value but driving a 812 vs. an Evo is basically like driving a Mercedes C63 vs. a 911. Both are fast but the 911 is more fun on the road.

Thanks RC, the 812 is probably a smarter financial decision, but this is an emotional purchase. And with my wife's S550 cab here, long distance road trips wouldn't be in an 812 anyway. So Evo Spyder RWD makes more sense as a replacement for my 981 GTS.

A compromise could be the new F8 Tributo Spider...a friend just got one and loves it. No n/a engine though

I'm sure the F8 is amazing, but I simply don't want turbocharging, even when it is almost perfect.

Maybe you should just drive both and decide.

This should happen Monday if my schedule allows.

I will get a Evo Coupe RWD for a weekend in August, I am very curious about this car. The regular Evo, I'm not a big fan of. The rear wheel steering seems to take away some of the precision and sharpness, compared to my Performante, the Evo AWD lacks the go-kart feel. Smiley

The go-kart sensation with the NA soundtrack is what I'm looking for, thank you!

Rossi:
    RC:

Thanks Rossi, I hope to have a sense of that Monday...

mcdelaug:
    RC:

Thanks RC, the 812 is probably a smarter financial decision, but this is an emotional purchase. And with my wife's S550 cab here, long distance road trips wouldn't be in an 812 anyway. So Evo Spyder RWD makes more sense as a replacement for my 981 GTS.

Apart from the convertible part, nothing the Mercedes can do the Ferrari can't do it better. I did many long road trips in my F12 back then, I could safely say it's one of the best road trip/daily cars I have ever had, the FF tops it only with more cargo capacity.

Think I put on 10k km on my second F12 in slightly more than a year, considering I split my yearly mileage of ~40k km on like 7 cars., that's the majority in one car. Another 7k went to my FF. 

Nowadays my Exclusive took on that duty but it only has slightly more than 10k on the clock in slightly more than 2 years. 

--

If this is a DD car consider carefully the attention factor. The attention difference between and Boxster and a Lambo is considerable. He may be something you would not want.

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

My old F12 in black mostly looks like a black Corvette and no one really pays much attention smiley

--

Yeah F12 is like 812 but much cheaper. Lambo would be be the last choice. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Apart from the convertible part, nothing the Mercedes can do the Ferrari can't do it better. I did many long road trips in my F12 back then, I could safely say it's one of the best road trip/daily cars I have ever had, the FF tops it only with more cargo capacity.

Good to know, but the S550 is completely ignored when we travel, which is what she prefers. And the conventional 9 speed auto makes highway cruising quiet and relaxing. So I get what you’re saying about the 812 being a superior GT, but I really need a replacement for the 981, not the S550.

nberry:

If this is a DD car consider carefully the attention factor. The attention difference between and Boxster and a Lambo is considerable. He may be something you would not want.

Thanks Nick, my little Subaru SUV is my DD. This would be for spare time when we want to experience a some emotion from driving, weekends, going out in the evenings, etc.

the-missile:

Yep, this is the toughest argument for me too. I know I would enjoy an F12 or 812, but the convertible aspect is important to me, and I don’t have garage space for 2 new cars, just one. Of everything mentioned, F12 is best depreciation decision, and maybe best opportunity for any appreciation. But it won’t have the same emotional impact as the convertible, and that’s the primary component I think.

mcdelaug:

Good to know, but the S550 is completely ignored when we travel, which is what she prefers. And the conventional 9 speed auto makes highway cruising quiet and relaxing. So I get what you’re saying about the 812 being a superior GT, but I really need a replacement for the 981, not the S550.

You'd be surprised how little attention front engine Ferrari gets, everyone just want to see the mid engine Ferraris.

As for the replacement for the 981, ever consider the new flat 6 718s?

Any Lambo will be an attention magnet though. On the more flashy side of things, perhaps a McLaren? Those are getting very 'economical' on the 2nd hand market, super expensive brand-new but worth next to nothing right after. 

--

As for the replacement for the 981, ever consider the new flat 6 718s?

Thought about it, but not enough of an upgrade from my 981 GTS to be worth it. I really enjoyed the Porsche, but it’s no longer enough.

A few numbers:

Evo Spyder RWD as specced above = 269K including gas guzzler tax and air delivery

812 from 2019 with 2k miles and reasonable spec = 359K 

Both are intriguing

mcdelaug:

A few numbers:

Evo Spyder RWD as specced above = 269K including gas guzzler tax and air delivery

812 from 2019 with 2k miles and reasonable spec = 359K 

Both are intriguing

F12 Smiley F12 Smiley F12 Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

812 ! more modern than a F12 - last 12 NA engine - 7 years free peace of mind and a epic engine ! 

the-missile:

Lambo is more of a driver's car, the Ferrari is more of a GT car which can be enjoyed as both, a daily driver and a sports car. I would get the Ferrari when I'm over 60 Smiley Smiley.

--

The 812 is an old mans car. It’s like the former Cadillac. It’s a luxurious loud conveyance. Nothing more.

The Spyder is exactly what you want. Weekend excitement in your entertainment pod.kiss

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

Lamborghini.  The V10 is slated for phase out soon while the Ferrari V12 will stay within the Ferrari portfolio for a few more years.  

nberry:

The 812 is an old mans car. It’s like the former Cadillac. It’s a luxurious loud conveyance. Nothing more.

The Spyder is exactly what you want. Weekend excitement in your entertainment pod.kiss

I suggest you drive one before comparing it to a Cadillac. The comparison is ridiculous. Smiley

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

To me it is one of the best cars on the market today, easily tops anything else I’ve ever experienced. 

572C6CD4-92C6-4D79-B332-FEF8AFF95991.jpeg

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:

To me it is one of the best cars on the market today, easily tops anything else I’ve ever experienced.

I am appreciating more and more these V12 and surely this 812 is helping a lot for that. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde mystery Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Porker:

572C6CD4-92C6-4D79-B332-FEF8AFF95991.jpeg

--

Maybe just has a little too much power.....................Smiley

The F12/812 line is really hard to top, if it's even possible. 

--

nberry:

I never thought we would agree on a topic. Smiley Smiley

--

Porker:
    nberry:

I suggest you drive one before comparing it to a Cadillac. The comparison is ridiculous. Smiley

I think Nick just wanted to make a point. Smiley

To be honest: I would get both, the F12/812 and the Evo Spyder but for weekend fun, I think the Evo Spyder is the better choice. Depends what you're looking for.

I am still waiting for an occasion to get a low mileage F12 or even 812 but only if I find the perfect car for me. Only color I do not want is black or something too bright (yellow would be OK though).

--

My perfect two car garage would be an 812 and something very pure/analog on the side. A 996 RS, or a 3.8 RS to enjoy the Nordschleife. One day! wink

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779665 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442325 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263155 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261448 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85676 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5834 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881157 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817872 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM