Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

Whoopsy:

The new Ford F-150 hybrid can be optioned to have a 240V 7.2kW onboard generator, it's like the dream truck for road-side assistance for all EVs. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/f-150

Range anxiety is frequently on your mind yet we avoid discussions of charge times.  Btw that Truck might be able to add 20 miles per hour max. Looks like 20 amp good for welding. Not much else.  I don’t expect EV to run out of juice like gas cars. You can’t compare the two yet some still do. 

Even the Cybertruck does not plan to use its outlet to charge anything except maybe the ATV. It seems like this is as close as Ford could get to anything the Cybertruck will do. 

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

The new Ford F-150 hybrid can be optioned to have a 240V 7.2kW onboard generator, it's like the dream truck for road-side assistance for all EVs. 

Range anxiety is frequently on your mind yet we avoid discussions of charge times.  Btw that Truck might be able to add 20 miles per hour max. Looks like 20 amp good for welding. Not much else.  I don’t expect EV to run out of juice like gas cars. You can’t compare the two yet some still do. 

Even the Cybertruck does not plan to use its outlet to charge anything except maybe the ATV. It seems like this is as close as Ford could get to anything the Cybertruck will do. 

As much as you want to deny it, there will still be idiots that ran their car dry. Over the years, I have seen 4 Model S on the side of the road stranded around here. Maybe not be much compared to how many they have sold here, but it does happen.

240V 30A 7.2kW circuit should give a decent charge rate to an empty EV, maybe it will be like 20 miles per hour charged like you said, perhaps enough to get to the town and to a charger. Not unlike a little jerry can of gasoline for cars that ran out of gas. 

You don't want to accept it, but the more an EV behave like a normal car, the easier it is for the general public to accept them, that's the truth. They will feel like oh, it's just another normal car, we can do that. 

--

https://www.engadget.com/california-push-for-zeroemissions-heavy-trucks-032143253.html

About time governments start waking up and realize what on the road is polluting more. They really should have go after the trucking industry a long time ago instead of going after cars.

When there is a spill on the floor, people with common sense would go dry up the biggest spot first, that's the heaving trucking and ocean going vessels and planes. Nope, they don't they would rather go after little cars, it's like wiping away the micro droplets AROUND the big spill without touching it. 

Tesla needs to ramp up their Semi soon before someone else does. 

P.S. I am thinking, if only California is doing it but not other states, I wonder if trucking companies will start putting depots on the state line, so the electric fleet will only be doing the California portion, the cargo is handed off to conventional semis to be hauled the rest of their trips and vice versa. 

--

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

As much as you want to deny it, there will still be idiots that ran their car dry. Over the years, I have seen 4 Model S on the side of the road stranded around here. Maybe not be much compared to how many they have sold here, but it does happen.

240V 30A 7.2kW circuit should give a decent charge rate to an empty EV, maybe it will be like 20 miles per hour charged like you said, perhaps enough to get to the town and to a charger. Not unlike a little jerry can of gasoline for cars that ran out of gas. 

You don't want to accept it, but the more an EV behave like a normal car, the easier it is for the general public to accept them, that's the truth. They will feel like oh, it's just another normal car, we can do that. 

I’m not certain why you think I don’t think of an EV lie a normal car.  Lot of mind reading. . I just don’t think they run out of gas (lol) or that the Ford truck will ever in it's life find more than one EV out of juice to rescue it.  But seriously. Why do cars run out of gas?  Generally it is due to a driver out of money. Trying to make it that last mile without cash.  Not as likely if you charge up 100% each day.  I don’t understand why you insist EV are just like cars in this regard or why you think they need to be just like cars to be adopted?  Btw what is a normal car?  I don’t ever want a normal car again. Smiley

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

The F-150 with the generator will certainly not compete with the Cybertruck since it will still be a diesel or gasoline powered vehicle. The 'dream truck' for road-side assistance for all EVs remains the tow truck. Why charge at a 20 to 29 mph rate when you can get immediately on your way to the next charge station.

The all electric F-150 coming later may well compete favorably with the cybertruck since the more conventional appearance might be much more acceptable to many potential buyers and also the Tesla name has developed a high level of Prius like nausea to a large segment of the public.  Smiley

Carlos from Spain:

First time Teslas are included in the JD Power survey

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/06/teslas-are-the-most-unreliable-new-cars-in-the-us-survey-finds/?amp=1

Isn’t it weird that Ram cases are quoted separate from dodge here? Maybe the AMG / M / or only 911 numbers would be much better if broken out too Smiley

Interesting FT article...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

FT: “Who’s going to be the next Wirecard?”

(26 June 2020)

“Now that Wirecard has been proven once and for all to be a massive fraud and is rapidly dying away into oblivion, many of us — and you, we’re sure — have been thinking about where the next big corporate scandal might come from. 

Mirabaud Securities, the equity research house whose analyst Neil Campling stood out for being the only person to put a price target of zero on the German payments processor, have been thinking about this too. 

They’ve come up with 20 warning signs that they are looking out for in trying to determine the next “Big Disaster”. They are as follows:

1. Massively promotional CEO who actively looks for publicity and spends a lot of time courting Wall Street/investors etc and is very media savvy

2. Huge CEO/Senior Management compensation package NOT tied to cash flow or Earnings but just to Sales and/or the stock price, creating the possibility of egregious wealth creation if the stock goes up a lot. Huge pledging of collateral by the CEO in return for margin loans to fund a billionaire lifestyle

3. Management compensation generally way out of line with peers despite notably less profitability

4. Glossy future projections that have a habit over a long period of being proven to be too optimistic

5. Questionable product quality, ie defects (boon??) or debatable technological leads over similar products

6. Some evidence of self certifying, whether it be through strange international subsidiaries or not having an Auditor or experiencing unusual and slightly sudden end of quarter surges in revenues, up to and including the last day

7. Unusual or unverified and large Receivables in a business where the product is exchanged for cash up front

8. Evidence that the company is existing on a shoestring, not paying Suppliers, Employees, Landlords etc

9. Unusual margin progression, with SG +A going down over time despite a rising global footprint, or GM's staying flat despite much lower ASP's over time, for instance. 

10. High levels of Gross Debt. Cash balances not matched by notable Interest Income thereby suggesting they are fraudulent

11. High employee turnover, especially in the LEGAL and FINANCE areas. Co-founders or Board members leaving. 

12. Aggressive pursuit via paid third parties and/or “heavies” of any critics or people who have too many questions, which in any case are “boring”

13. Dislike of Hedge Funds

14. Possible Narcissistic Personality Disorder on the part of the CEO. Additional points if he/she uses Twitter a lot

15. Large cabal of outcasts/weirdos/bloggers/Twitter groups who have been saying for years that everything is amiss but just get a lot of criticism because the stock keeps going up ergo they must be idiots

16. Slowing top line growth rate despite all the hoopla and supposed “growth stock” status. Evidence of competitors rapidly eroding unsustainably high market share. 

17. Loss making. Ideally never made a profit but likes to pretend it did or failing that, that it will for sure in 2-3 years due to highly questionable new products. But the 2-3 years gets pushed out constantly

18. Extensive use/exclusive use of NON-GAAP Accounting and occasional bridging to get from a Net Loss to a (small) Net Profit via poorly explained one-offs/Other Items/unusually large Credits of some kind in a desperate attempt to get into an Index by illicit means

19. Weak Board, preferably also small and ideally in hock in some way to the CEO, who therefore do his/her bidding. Helps if some of them are related physically to the CEO.

20. Gullible media, gullible analysts and dozens of paid bloggers who produce Price Targets out of nowhere based on “Option Value” or put another way products that are at least 5 years away from having any material impact. 

We’re having some trouble here. We kind of have the feeling that Mirabaud has someone in mind, but we can’t for the life of us think of a large listed company that ticks these boxes. We are stumped.”

Link: https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2020/06/26/1593160826000/Who-s-going-to-be-the-next-Wirecard-/

Smiley

I already made my guess here on RT May 13 when I said TSLA reminds me of ENE...

There is a huge fantasy counted in into TSLA, no doubt but I don't know...as someone who bought TSLA at 11 and thought he made a nice profit selling at 17 (I owned 4000 TSLA), I think I should shut up. angry

There is always a risk involved if you are making money with stocks but of course TSLA is not your typical investment stock, people who got TSLA for their retirement, should be more than careful. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

I’m not certain why you think I don’t think of an EV lie a normal car.  Lot of mind reading. . I just don’t think they run out of gas (lol) or that the Ford truck will ever in it's life find more than one EV out of juice to rescue it.  But seriously. Why do cars run out of gas?  Generally it is due to a driver out of money. Trying to make it that last mile without cash.  Not as likely if you charge up 100% each day.  I don’t understand why you insist EV are just like cars in this regard or why you think they need to be just like cars to be adopted?  Btw what is a normal car?  I don’t ever want a normal car again. Smiley

You need to stop thinking your own case is the typical case. Whatever you are doing doesn't mean everyone will be doing the same thing. You charge your car everyday doesn't mean others are doing the same thing. In fact, most don't. 

General consumers are random and unpredictable. They will do stupid things that you won't do and can't even imagine.

--

Whoopsy:

About time governments start waking up and realize what on the road is polluting more. They really should have go after the trucking industry a long time ago instead of going after cars.

They went for cars because the financial penalty is widely defused among individual drivers and their small families who individually have little political power.

Trucking interests are financially large enough to be able to "purchase" legislators via lobbyist-provided perks and campaign contributions.

QED, trucks get skipped.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Just a bit of fun looking at Tesla's model 3 vs some classic american muscle cars and a few late model cars as well (sorted by quarter mile time, trap speed, and 0-60 in that order)

Did not even include latest upgrades, just existing published claims, totally unfair to Tesla, I know. Tesla are still rather quick though.

I was most interested in seeing some classics that can beat the SR+ Tesla in 0-60, but not in the quarter mile. Somewhat contrary to the assertion that 0-60 is the Tesla strong point.

Year Make Model Engine Gears 0-60 qtr time qtr speed
    2017 Dodge Viper V10 6spd 3.3 11.2 131
    2019 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 375SC 10auto 3.4 11.3 127
    2019 TESLA 3 perf 2 1 3.2 11.5 116.5
    2019 Chevrolet Camaro 375 6spd 4.2 12.4 116
    2019 TESLA 3 awd 2 1 4.4 12.5 113.1
    1967 Ford Shelby Cobra 427 4spd 3.9 12.6 109
    1970 Dodge Challenger 426 4spd 4.7 13.3 105
    1967 Plymouth Coronet 426 4spd 4.9 13.4 103
    1969 Chevrolet Corvette 427 4spd 4.9 13.5 108
    2019 TESLA 3 sr+ 1 1 5.3 13.5 104.9
    1969 Dodge Charger 426 4spd 5 13.6 103
    1968 Pontiac GTO 400 4spd 5.1 13.6 102
    1969 Pontiac Trans Am 400 4spd 5.1 13.7 102
    1969 Ford Boss Mustang 429 4spd 5 13.7 101
    1969 Chevrolet Camaro 427 4spd 5.4 13.8 104
    1970 Pontiac Trans Am 400 4spd 5.2 13.9 101
    1971 Pontiac Trans Am 455 4spd 5.6 14.1 101
    1964 Pontiac GTO 389 4spd 5.7 14.3 98

Tesla passes $1400

Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

bubble gum at its best...the boom will be terrible Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

Maybe buy some of those 🩳. Lol. 
    I recall the laughs I got when I predicted $1000 last year. Hmmm. 

Leawood911:
    the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

I hear you but a stock is a value of the company. as far as I can remember, Tesla is not making profit. So paying current stock is equivalent to gambling from a pure financial analysis.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Leawood911:
    the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

I hear you but a stock is a value of the company. as far as I can remember, Tesla is not making profit. So paying current stock is equivalent to gambling from a pure financial analysis.

They also don’t advertise. They do have quarterly profits and may join S&P500 soon as a result. Some must know something if they worth far more than Toyota now, minus all the ICE production investment to worry about. 

the-missile:
    Leawood911:
    the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

Caveat emptor!  BF822CAF-50E5-4C47-9B23-F36F9B8F5A9C.gif

The recent trading of TSLA - in particular some large positions in near dated weekly call options at stratospheric strike prices - has apparently attracted the attention of market regulators...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

Is it possible that the largest single shareholder - who also happens to be the CEO and is contracted on a massive stock remuneration plan - is trading derivatives through an overseas account or related party to chase the stock price higher? Smiley

This is the same CEO that wants to tell anyone listening that he does not respect the SEC... perhaps to distract from those other unfortunate recent headlines and photos with former associates! Smiley 

As an aside, it is worth keeping in mind that 2020 financial performance of Tesla is not expected to generate much growth and the competition is looking rather attractive (like this Audi e-tron GT based on the Taycan platform) so the valuation multiples and share price will inevitably gravitate back towards Planet Earth... Smiley

Leawood911:
    the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

Hopefully you did also invest and now benefit from the rise in the stock price Smiley

MKSGR:
    Leawood911:
    the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

Hopefully you did also invest and now benefit from the rise in the stock price Smiley

I only wish. That stock scares the shit out of me. Love my car and my money. Lol. But I would not be against them. People have had worse advice. 

Leawood911:
    MKSGR:
    Leawood911:
    the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

I only wish. That stock scares the shit out of me. Love my car and my money. Lol. But I would not be against them. People have had worse advice. 

I cannot understand the stock price development either. It seems totally impossible to justify the market valuation with car sales. There must be other hopes priced into this paper. Very strange...

the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

Boom or not but I had 4000 of those... Smiley bought at 11 USD. Smiley 

I can't get this out of my head and I know I should because you're not supposed to look back but I just can't help it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

MKSGR:
    Leawood911:
    MKSGR:
    Leawood911:
    the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

I cannot understand the stock price development either. It seems totally impossible to justify the market valuation with car sales. There must be other hopes priced into this paper. Very strange...

There is nothing strange here: The current stock market is completely insane and there will be a big boom at some point, latest 2021 or 2022. We have the worse economic and financial crisis in front of us, we are still dealing with the ongoing pandemic (and only god knows what will happen this winter and early next year) and the stock markets are skyrocketing. 

Right now, I am only invested in...hold your breath...two stocks. One is AMS and the other one is Inovio (risky). Keeping my cash ready for the big boom. I can wait.

Actually, I am trying to get as much cash together as I can for this moment. 

Look also at the gold price...

The big boom is coming. I don't know when though. It could be this year, it could be next year.

Just let the pandemic spiral out of control (the US is heading towards that) and this would already be a risky moment for the stock markets.

--

RC:
    the-missile:
    Leawood911:

Tesla passes $1400

Boom or not but I had 4000 of those... Smiley bought at 11 USD. Smiley 

I can't get this out of my head and I know I should because you're not supposed to look back but I just can't help it. Smiley

5.7 M Smiley

I bought 4500 pieces at 23 USD..... sold  at 95 .

Bought again at around 250 USD , sold at 380 USD . And then got way too scared to enter again .....

Anyway, I would of never kept from the start. So many times enough reasons to sell . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

5.7 M Smiley

I bought 4500 pieces at 23 USD..... sold  at 95 .

Bought again at around 250 USD , sold at 380 USD . And then got way too scared to enter again .....

Anyway, I would of never kept from the start. So many times enough reasons to sell . 

Smiley there is always light in the darkness

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

I forgot to mention: I recently wanted to get only 10(!) TSLA at 8xx EUR but thought to myself...nah...why throw away money, this can go the other way around fast. At least I would have earned a nice handbag for my wife. Smiley Smiley Smiley

For me, TSLA is a mystery and I don't do mysteries, I just watch them happen. Smiley

Either Musk is a genius or those buying TSLA like crazy are stupid. Or both. Smiley Fascinating stock, indeed.

--

Carlos from Spain:

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/7kp4ma/a-tesla-youtuber-wants-a-gas-car-and-now-youtube-keeps-taking-down-his-video

This is YouTube's automatic "taking down" algorithm. Probably not much he can do about it when so many people "red flag" him. 

The same happened to me and my son playing GTA V Online. We are very aggressive players Smiley and we got "reported" tons of times for...no reason. There is a report function in the game and you can use it as much as you want, Rockstar (the publisher of the game) doesn't care, it is an automatic algorithm (anti-cheat engine Smiley) which basically bans or punishes players who get "reported". Millions of players are playing online, it is impossible to use humans to control this stuff.

You know what we do now? Yes...we cheat...to circumvent the algorithm. We are forced to do that, otherwise we can play only for an hour or two before we get banned or...or sent to some sorts of "cheater lounge" gaming session for a couple of days, weeks, months or even years. No kidding.

So you basically have to cheat to be able to play. Smiley

This happens when algorithms take over our lives...and this is just a game...or a YouTube video. 

--

To be clear Rich will always have a couple Teslas. It is not like he does not like them. He rebuilds complete wrecks and often does not even get permission from Tesla to supercharge once he is done. The vin gets flagged. Lol. 
    During this pandemic I have spent lots time learning new stuff on YouTube. Don’t ever watch tv any longer. 

The shorts are shitting themselves just a little today. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755312 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431589 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258870 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255917 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79897 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5265 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868946 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802986 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM