Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Welcome to the new Taycan Forum!

Wonderbar:

Offers are always negotiable...

Yes but within limits and Porsche Financial is not known for very good lease offers, at least not in Germany. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

True, but your salesman, if he/she is creative, can always find a way to reduce your overall cost by reducing MSRP, finding a car that has been on the lot too long, a low mileage virtually new car, etc.  Salespersons have to sell cars to get paid, and that puts pressure on them to give good deals..

Wonderbar:

True, but your salesman, if he/she is creative, can always find a way to reduce your overall cost by reducing MSRP, finding a car that has been on the lot too long, a low mileage virtually new car, etc.  Salespersons have to sell cars to get paid, and that puts pressure on them to give good deals..

The best lease offer I got for a mildly optioned Taycan Turbo S was 2700 EUR a month...

The Tesla S Performance is, fully optioned, half of it. 

Any more questions? I know, I know, Taycan Turbo S is a beautiful car and at a different quality level but performance is basically the same. Is it worth double the cost? Nope.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Totally agree, and understand. 3000 US is about the same lease offer out there now for a turbo, much less a turbo S.

And I agree that it’s possible to compare the performance of the Tesla S Performance versus the Taycan turbo S and conclude that the Taycan is not “worth it”. But let’s take comparisons and personal financial considerations out of it, and ask the question “is each product equal to the price asked for it?”

My view is that the Tesla is well worth the price asked for it, and the Taycan is well worth the price asked for it. No need to compare, they are excellent products on their own, simply offered at different prices.

In short, they are both “worth it”.

I would not buy the Tesla S. Old tech and about to be replaced big time. Look for the price to drop more in anticipation. The next model S is what the Taycan should worry about. A lot will improve.  Porsche has about a year to sell cars OR less which compete with it.  Good thing is that Tesla won’t announce the new car early to protect current model S values. But everyone knows not to buy a model S right now. It’s a 12 year old car. Some are even holding out on the Taycan to see what the new model S will be like. 

I was thinking about selling the P100D and get a Taycan. But prices are so low (and will drop even further with the next gen), that it does not make a lot of sense, esp since the Taycan is overpriced. Lesson learned so far: my next EV will be a lease car. Btw: Today Tesla is more expensive than Toyota

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1_tgGhwiss

I don't know what tires the Taycan Turbo S had but indeed, this is a very fast car and the insane throttle response and only two "gears" make it a beast on the track. Well...at least for a round. Afterwards, well... Smiley Smiley

--

It says in the table Smiley , PZERO.

it is a good looking car, too bad there is no petrol engine in it smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

RC:

I don't know what tires the Taycan Turbo S had but indeed, this is a very fast car and the insane throttle response and only two "gears" make it a beast on the track. Well...at least for a round. Afterwards, well... Smiley Smiley

Afterwards, another 4,5 beating laps because it’s a 1.2 track... ;)

It is a good looking car in profile.  The current Porsche trend of way too much black plastic up front continues here.  The headlights should have been smaller and the hood shutline makes it look like it's misaligned.  Additionally,  the air blades under the headlights make them look like a crying woman's running mascara.

waiting for PDK:

It is a good looking car in profile.  The current Porsche trend of way too much black plastic up front continues here.  The headlights should have been smaller and the hood shutline makes it look like it's misaligned.  Additionally,  the air blades under the headlights make them look like a crying woman's running mascara.

it is exposed carbon fiber on the turbo s model...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

waiting for PDK:

I actually think the headlights should be like that or bigger.

Headlights are like the eyes of the car, bigger eyes are always more attractive than smaller ones in human terms. 

--

I have seen a number now - its really grown on me - but the price - OMG!

--

Tesla Model S P100d. 2018 991.2 GT3. 2019 BMW M850i Convertible. 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance. 2020 Aston Martin Vantage. 2020 Mclaren 720S coupe. 🥳

EnglishManInNY:

...merely ensuring Porsche's famous profit margins continue into the electric age....Smiley

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

Topspeed:

It says in the table Smiley , PZERO.

Oh boy...the heat here...must have gotten to my brain. Smiley Smiley

--

Boyko23:
    RC:

Afterwards, another 4,5 beating laps because it’s a 1.2 track... ;)

True... Smiley

--

EnglishManInNY:

--

Tesla Model S P100d. 2018 991.2 GT3. 2019 BMW M850i Convertible. 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance. 2020 Aston Martin Vantage. 2020 Mclaren 720S coupe. 🥳

For 150k, the Turbo S would already be in my garage. For 250k...no thanks. Keep it.

--

Quick question. The 992C2S did a pretty good job on the lap above. Would a 992C4S be faster or slower? And remind me which tire is better for the track – the P Zero or the Cup 2? Thanks..

Wonderbar:

Quick question. The 992C2S did a pretty good job on the lap above. Would a 992C4S be faster or slower? And remind me which tire is better for the track – the P Zero or the Cup 2? Thanks..

It is possible that a PDK equipped C4S would be a tiny bit faster on the track but it probably also depends on the driver and his preference. Some drivers hate AWD, others can deal with it and gain an advantage and others love it and gain the most of the additional traction. Not easy to say, maybe a comparison would be interesting (I honestly don't know).

Tires? It is my understanding that the current PZero is pretty good on the track if you don't do a whole track day. Smiley Not sure which semi-slick Porsche recommends or offers for the Carrera models but the Cup 2 is definitely a very good track tire and if Porsche has a N-rated version approved for the new Carrera models (I don't know), then it would definitely be faster on the track.

--

Taycan Sport Turismo

Topspeed:

Taycan Sport Turismo

That rear wiper is a joke. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I’m surprised they even spent the r&d to make this car happen. Maybe I’m too ignorant to sales numbers in Europe but here in the US I’ve seen tops 4 or 5 Panamera ST in the wild since it launched. 

Europeans love driving a hearse around that's all.

A middle ground compromise of not as agile as a sedan and also not as useful as a SUV.

--

Whoopsy:

A middle ground compromise of not as agile as a sedan and also not as useful as a SUV.

SUV useful? For when you have wet leaves on your incline driveway? Smiley

I am of the opposite opinion and prefer a station wagon over a SUV, because a comparable station wagon has less weight and more space. I never saw the point of SUVs and have several times forced myself to test drive and like them... but keep falling back to station wagons as more practical and spacious.

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

bluelines:
    Whoopsy:

SUV useful? For when you have wet leaves on your incline driveway? Smiley

I am of the opposite opinion and prefer a station wagon over a SUV, because a comparable station wagon has less weight and more space. I never saw the point of SUVs and have several times forced myself to test drive and like them... but keep falling back to station wagons as more practical and spacious.

You are European, no? Smiley

E class wagons, vs GLE, GLE has more passenger space and cargo space.

A6 wagon vs Q7, Q7 have more space for passenger and cargo.

5 series wagon vs X5, again the SUV has more passenger and cargo space.

Cayenne vs Panamera wagon, same deal.

--

bluelines:

You forgot the main issue, the high center of gravity. By the way, I am obviously European as well... Smiley

I predict a comeback of the station wagon in North America, the SUV is what the minivan used to be for soccermums one or two decades ago.

I want to like the ST, but the design is just not for me. And regarding the Taycan, I’m not at all concerned. It will be, and already is, a great success.  And EVs?  Part of the future—not THE future.

Ferdie:
    bluelines:

You forgot the main issue, the high center of gravity. By the way, I am obviously European as well... Smiley

I predict a comeback of the station wagon in North America, the SUV is what the minivan used to be for soccermums one or two decades ago.

I don’t know about that. Historically the station wagon has always had a lower middle working class connotation in the states, and culturally people always want to be perceived as being more successful than they are. So I doubt the market for a “I couldn’t afford an SUV” vehicle class would do very well here. Even if the corresponding suv is actually cheaper. It’s all smoke and mirrors. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688869 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408851 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255603 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234844 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65440 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857701 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773617 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM