Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

ALDO:
    Whoopsy:

They are in the same price range, that's called competition.

Someone have 40k to buy a car, they look around, these 2 plus the Tesla will be on their radar. 

That's called competition.

They look at. 40k EV, does it fit? They then look at a 40k fossil fuel car, does that fit? They will also be looking at a 40k hybrid, can this fit?

Smiley

For the same price you can get a sports coupé, cabrio, sedan, van, suv, .... diesel, gasoline, hybrid, electric

You have to fix some more parameters not only the price.

Not so much out their which would really put these two cars in comparasion.

We here as a group are a privileged few, price tag does't quite mean the same to us like to the general public.

For normal people, it means a bit more. 

I have simplified the decision process a bit, grouping all transportation devices into just 'cars'. I didn't mean to use cars for just cars, it actually includes all variations of automobiles. saying normal cars which also means petrol and diesel powered ones.

Some people don't need extra space so they can go with a coupe or a hatchback, others might prefer something SUV like, others more might need a 'truck', pickup, etc.

I am just describing in a scenario that someone decided they would want a sedan perhaps, that eliminated the vans and SUVs and coupes. Within the sedan segment in their price range, they will have choices with gas powered, diesel powered, hybrids and EVs. 

Believe it or not, in my circle of friends, quite a few having gone through the same decision making process, they ended up with a RAV4 hybrid (of all things) as their sensible choice of transportation device. Maybe noone1 was right to worship the RAV4 after all. Smiley

--

On a separate note about Elon's other venture, TV is broadcasting live for the SpaceX launch.

I am watching and wanted it to succeed. 

The SpaceX spacesuit looks awesome.

--

The SpaceX helmets would be great during these virus times. Can we 3D print them?

whoopsy - when you announced Tesla had some competition I really thought you meant Acura and BMW had built an actual EV. Lol. So this is why your proclamation seemed to miss the mark. My point is that once you realize charging is no big deal and you have electric power in your garage then the choice to EV or not drastically changes, you have mentioned this many times. About the only thing the cars you mentioned have going for them is filling up quickly. If you take this out of the puzzle and compare features, performance,  value, safety, tech, handling, noise, self driving - you name it, where exactly do you see these cars outperforming the Tesla. Name one category other than quick fill-up?  Perhaps we are talking about interiors again? Style?  How many enthusiastic drivers buy cars for interiors and gas fill-ups and pass on the car that costs a penny a mile to drive and goes like stink leaving the Acura and BMW crying like babies?  My daughter has a new RAV4 hybrid by the way but she would have preferred a Tesla. Lol. 
    Lets allow the market and time decide. Last year you said Tesla stock was worth <$200 at best.  You laughed at me when I predicted $1000.  Ouch, that’s got to hurt. You also said he was no smarter than you - where is your space Launch today?  Seems they are also pretty good at software, something you said was simple to do. Pass that info on to VW who can’t seem to write code to save they EV platform. 
     I think he is doing pretty well for himself.  Batteries, solar, satellites, cars, tunnels - did I miss one. I give the guy credit. 
    I am not like the other car companies - hoping nobody notices the Tesla’s all over the place owning the streets. People have noticed and will make surprising choices ( surprising to some but not me). 
    Again - the advantage EVs have is not Tesla specific. Anyone can make them so it is just a matter of time. 
     Happy Sunday!  

Hi Leawood, it seems you have an ongoing concern about potential competition for Tesla?  BF822CAF-50E5-4C47-9B23-F36F9B8F5A9C.gif

From a European perspective, there seems to be a difference in the competition for Tesla in 2019... Smiley

30725297-9088-4B29-A3EA-6A470E039AFB.jpeg

...whereas in 2020 the competitive picture looks rather different, with Audi winning the largest EV market share (across Norway, Netherlands and Spain) followed by Kia, VW, Toyota and Hyundai all ahead of Tesla...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

B38297F7-7054-4E1B-B5A5-B4CB1F571A09.jpeg

Leawood, as a diligent and loyal Tesla shareholder, how confident are you about 2020 Q2 financial results? Smiley

Would you be concerned if Tesla were to report negative sales growth for the full-year 2020? Smiley

Would you be disappointed if Tesla were to report a net loss for the full-year 2020? Smiley  

As a Tesla shareholder, what is your view of a fair value EV/EBITDA multiple? Smiley 

What is your view on the Tesla credit ratings, given the economic outlook?  BF822CAF-50E5-4C47-9B23-F36F9B8F5A9C.gif

Source: https://eu-evs.com/

Thanks for asking me so many questions.  You make a ton of assumptions about me being a shareholder and such. On what do you base any of this? Diligent?  Lol. Too funny.  I just love cars. Especially 911s. 
     Again,I am pro EV for people who can park and plug in.  I love that there are other EVs out there. I day trade stock and have not been a tesla shareholder for almost six months so I can’t answer any of your stock questions. I made a call last year about the price based on what I believe to be true. They are not a car company. Way too many irons in the fire and excellent ideas for revenue streams.  That’s all. I see the price going to $4000 but let’s wait and see. It would be a mistake to compare it to other car company stock.  Maybe you disagree?

my main point is that I would not view ICE cars as compelling an EV buyer. Nice that you list only EVs. Great numbers for 2020 - which is not exactly a typical year. But you cherry picked good numbers. I have not test driven the competition so maybe they are great cars.  Is there something about anyone of them which makes you think it makes it better than a Model3? Any specific attribute (dash, build quality etc.)  Last I heard many of the competition had software issues and battery sourcing problems.  How much can you tell me about these companies outlook for Q2? (That is the funniest question! ).  I will stop. Have an amazing day 
    but thank you - this is certainly actual EV competition you listed rather than just price competitive and I would love for Tesla to have a Model3 rival. It would be a good car to have. Have you driven a performance model3?  It is a hoot!!  Forget the stock - it is just fun to drive.  I have no idea why anyone needs to argue with that opinion. It is just one persons overjoyed reaction.  Few who have tried one disagree.  

From a European perspective, Norway is the market with largest proportion of EV sales, so it can provide an interesting insight into how competition looks over time...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

23D26F09-68FF-44F2-9437-99FD71A7397A.jpeg

56BC504E-E5F9-4571-997E-8EA393CFD20C.jpeg

0CFF3FD4-1D89-4415-AD85-73B55CEAD83B.jpeg

E31F4794-2132-409A-9228-FCBD26FA6A3B.jpeg

Good luck and enjoy the ride! Smiley

Will do. Looking forward to more statistics from you (maybe everyone in Norway that can afford a Tesla already has one? Lol. They have sold a few there in recent years, rumor has it). Your charts however are very informative and certainly paint an interesting picture which some love to see!  I would also be very interested so hear which aspects of the EVs are most appealing and driving this remarkable shift in Norway?  Any details about the competition and why they are doing so much better - are you predicting this will apply to all markets? 

Leawood911:

The SpaceX helmets would be great during these virus times. Can we 3D print them?

whoopsy - when you announced Tesla had some competition I really thought you meant Acura and BMW had built an actual EV. Lol. So this is why your proclamation seemed to miss the mark. My point is that once you realize charging is no big deal and you have electric power in your garage then the choice to EV or not drastically changes, you have mentioned this many times. About the only thing the cars you mentioned have going for them is filling up quickly. If you take this out of the puzzle and compare features, performance,  value, safety, tech, handling, noise, self driving - you name it, where exactly do you see these cars outperforming the Tesla. Name one category other than quick fill-up?  Perhaps we are talking about interiors again? Style?  How many enthusiastic drivers buy cars for interiors and gas fill-ups and pass on the car that costs a penny a mile to drive and goes like stink leaving the Acura and BMW crying like babies?  My daughter has a new RAV4 hybrid by the way but she would have preferred a Tesla. Lol. 

At the end of the day, Teslas are still automobiles, and competing in the general market place, in addition to competing in the EV segment of the automobile market place. Why else would Tesla the company and their fans are quoting sales figure in the general automobile market place and not just the EV segment? Smiley

Lets allow the market and time decide. Last year you said Tesla stock was worth <$200 at best.  You laughed at me when I predicted $1000.  Ouch, that’s got to hurt. You also said he was no smarter than you - where is your space Launch today?  Seems they are also pretty good at software, something you said was simple to do. Pass that info on to VW who can’t seem to write code to save they EV platform. 

I still think by all metrics TSLA isn't worth anything over $200 a share. Which is why I haven't touch it since I sold my last batch of TSLA stocks ~$200 and haven't touch it since. As for writing codes for EV platforms, I think VAG is doing pretty damn well with their next generation 800V system, it is for sale already and not just vaporware that the CEO keep talking about and keep getting delayed. 400V is as matured as it can get, there will still be gains but tiny baby steps only. Tesla pretty much perfected the 400V system already and they need to move onto next generation technology soon.

I think he is doing pretty well for himself.  Batteries, solar, satellites, cars, tunnels - did I miss one. I give the guy credit. 
    I am not like the other car companies - hoping nobody notices the Tesla’s all over the place owning the streets. People have noticed and will make surprising choices ( surprising to some but not me). 
    Again - the advantage EVs have is not Tesla specific. Anyone can make them so it is just a matter of time. 
     Happy Sunday!  

Don't think I had ever said a bad word about Elon's SpaceX venture. I think that's a better path for him to go down, there, the sky is the limit literally. I can't wait to see the day he fulfill his promise to be the first human to move to Mars. He would be King there. 

--

Last I heard VW was having trouble with their software which was now actually impacting the ICE cars as well. 
    I get that Tesla competes with other car companies.  That does not make them just a car company.  

look guys  I’m not a car executive or claim to know anything about the stock market. I do like cars and also tech.  I have respect for all that my little Tesla can do and I just barely understand the amount of effort which went into it.  It is just a super fun and exciting car to drive.  This is just the way I feel about it. Sucks that so many people love it so much but what are you going to do?  Not really a bad thing if people like their cars.  Many worse things these days. My only recommendation is to drive it and decide for yourself.  Do it right and drive the performance version.  If you are on this site I would expect nothing less.  
    Those of you who drove it and hated it - that is totally okay.  You are entitled to that opinion.  If you have not driven it and you have all these negative preconceptions then I feel sorry for you.  I’m just trying to help.  I’m not trying to sell anyone a car nor do I need anyone to help me justify my purchase.  As you can see, someone who has not driven it or has driven it and hates it is not going to get me to al of a sudden to not love the car.  That would be silly.  Also if there is a better EV out there I would buy it.  Not a second thought.  
    I just don’t get the huge dislike of the car or the people who enjoy it.  Very sad coming from a car forum  

Leawood911:

Last I heard VW was having trouble with their software which was now actually impacting the ICE cars as well. 
    I get that Tesla competes with other car companies.  That does not make them just a car company.  

look guys  I’m not a car executive or claim to know anything about the stock market. I do like cars and also tech.  I have respect for all that my little Tesla can do and I just barely understand the amount of effort which went into it.  It is just a super fun and exciting car to drive.  This is just the way I feel about it. Sucks that so many people love it so much but what are you going to do?  Not really a bad thing if people like their cars.  Many worse things these days. My only recommendation is to drive it and decide for yourself.  Do it right and drive the performance version.  If you are on this site I would expect nothing less.  
    Those of you who drove it and hated it - that is totally okay.  You are entitled to that opinion.  If you have not driven it and you have all these negative preconceptions then I feel sorry for you.  I’m just trying to help.  I’m not trying to sell anyone a car nor do I need anyone to help me justify my purchase.  As you can see, someone who has not driven it or has driven it and hates it is not going to get me to al of a sudden to not love the car.  That would be silly.  Also if there is a better EV out there I would buy it.  Not a second thought.  
    I just don’t get the huge dislike of the car or the people who enjoy it.  Very sad coming from a car forum  

Last I check, when a company make cars, it IS a car company, period.

Unless of course Tesla breaks out the car division and float that separately, then the rest of the company will not longer be a car company.

Ferrari does a shit load of licensing a year on top of making cars, does that make them a licensing company instead? No, they are still a car company. 

Lotus, McLaren does a ton of engineering work a year too, does that make them a engineering company? No, they are still a car company. 

There is no grey area in this definition, it's a black and white thing. 

As to your last 2 sentences, look around the internet, check all the car forums, the attitude is pretty much par for the course. Why? It's how the fans of Tesla come across. They think their Tesla is the greatest thing and nothing come close and Elon is the second coming of Jesus and there are no better cars than Teslas. That's the kind of attitude that annoyed and alienate every other car guy on Earth and rally them against Tesla. No fans of any other car brand act that way, it's just the Tesla people. Change the attitude, be humble, look in the mirror, and perhaps car forums all over will change their attitude too. 

You don't see Porsche owners charge into a Ferrari forum and diss the Ferraris while praising their Porsches, not you see Ferrari owners go to Corvette forums and do that either. Nor the F150 owners go into Silverado forums and do that either. Only Tesla people go into every single car forum and diss everything that has 4 wheels. 

Tesla cars aren't bad. They are decent. On paper they have the greatest range. They are also one of the fastest acceleration cars on Earth for 0-60, they are also quite economical to own. Reliable enough also. The battery chemistry they are using is one of the most potent, but may not be the most reliable or safest. Are they the most high tech cars on Earth? Debatable and not a definite, as they are still on last generation 400V system and not the 800V leading edge tech. Their supercharger network is quite complete in coverage also, but it's proprietary and not industrial standard. 

Are they satisfying cars? Plenty of owners say so, but are they the perfect car? Far from it though, but good enough for their owners and that's the most important thing. Owner satisfaction. 

This is called actions and reactions. Car forums all over are just reaction to the invasion. Car forums are like a stone wall. If the Tesla people come across gently, it doesn't hurt, you gently press on the wall and the 2 becomes one. Push hard enough and the wall might even move back. But if one just punch the wall instead, it hurts, it really hurts. Gets bloody too. But the wall stays, it won't budge. 

--

Whoopsy:

Here is the newest competition to the Model 3, Acura TLX:

2021-TLX-A-Spec2.jpg
    2021-TLX-A-Spec1.jpg
    TLX-Type-S.jpg
    2021-TLX-A-Spec3.jpg

About the same size, about the same price. 

Much more attractive exterior, and much more attractive and usable interior, with much better finish.

10-speed gearbox, vs 1-speed in the Tesla. It also doesn't need to hunt for a charger, filling it up amounts to 5 mins at gas station which are everywhere.

Did I mention heavily padded seats for support?

4 racy looking big tailpipes vs zero on the Tesla.

It has design cues from the NSX, vs hmm, nothing, no heritage.

A heavily contoured steering wheel, vs. .............plain wheel.

Attractive gauge clusters, vs no gauge cluster.

No suicidal computer trying to kill the driver vs having one.

Cheaper insurance in just about any country or city.

IMO Acura nailed the design for this car !! I for one think it looks fantastic. Great job on their part, maybe I’ll add it to my list of possible replacements for my current ride. 

Geez whoopsy. I guess I invaded a Tesla thread with Tesla info.  You are so correct all the time. A car company is just a car company. Because Ferrari sells key chains and t- shirts and is still a car company then Tesla is no different at all. Got it.  Why not put me back into a cult of Tesla owners - forget that I have owned 911 longer than any of you and more of them.  
    I have no idea why you have this giant bug up your ass.  There is no logical discussion to be found here with you on this topic. I write of the enjoyment of my car and you can’t stop insulting people who like Tesla’s product.  Who is being the pain in the ass?  Who is the one being insulting?  You insult the cars and owners. If your point is to live in a bubble where everyone thinks like you do keep it up.  Others have already decided this is not necessary.  I really don’t get why anything I said offends you. These are opinions not facts.  

All - the latest push back has energized me. I will try to post my Tesla Experience day to day as time permits with lots of details. For example the most recent update to my amazing car improved the Auto-steer function further.  While not in the release notes, which generally include mostly things which alter controls you can see, it seems it now steers much smoother around turns and slows down less when needing to.  Most importantly the period of time allowed without a hand on the wheel is now down to about 5-10 seconds. Seems like it used to be much much longer and it was depending on the complexity of the driving being done by the car.  Sometimes it would go for minutes without reminders if the drive was simple. Now it seems to be time dependent. Good news is that it also seems better at knowing when the hand is on the wheel. In the past you could hold it lightly and it would think it was not being held at all.  I see both these changes obviously working in concert. One can see, as these changes evolve, why they had to migrate them down this path.  Logical choices and smart tech abound.  
    Btw drove the Turbo to the lake and back this weekend. I forget how tiring that car was. 
    Happy Monday everyone!  Keep coming back to this thread for unashamed tesla info. If you don’t like it kindly STFU

cheers everyone!

Whoopsy:

As to your last 2 sentences, look around the internet, check all the car forums, the attitude is pretty much par for the course. Why? It's how the fans of Tesla come across. They think their Tesla is the greatest thing and nothing come close and Elon is the second coming of Jesus and there are no better cars than Teslas. That's the kind of attitude that annoyed and alienate every other car guy on Earth and rally them against Tesla. No fans of any other car brand act that way, it's just the Tesla people. Change the attitude, be humble, look in the mirror, and perhaps car forums all over will change their attitude too. 

I this repelling effect on other car people you mention is also compounded by the fact that most of those Tesla talibans are not even real car people, which makes it even more annoying when they try to evangelize car people about... cars. There are petrol-heads who own and like Teslas, we have a couple in the forum for example, and its great, but most of those others types who fanatics are most like Prius drivers, you know when you see one that that is most likely not a person who enjoys driving cars and is into sportscars for example, or not anymore, more worried about range and milage or when can they engage autopilot than the car's dynamics or feel and other "car stuff". So when they go around with that attitude you describe, it gets even more annoying, hence their bad rep.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

I this repelling effect on other car people you mention is also compounded by the fact that most of those Tesla talibans are not even real car people, which makes it even more annoying when they try to evangelize car people about... cars. There are petrol-heads who own and like Teslas, we have a couple in the forum for example, and its great, but most of those others types who fanatics are most like Prius drivers, you know when you see one that that is most likely not a person who enjoys driving cars and is into sportscars for example, or not anymore, more worried about range and milage or when can they engage autopilot than the car's dynamics or feel and other "car stuff". So when they go around with that attitude you describe, it gets even more annoying, hence their bad rep.

--

This is the tesla love thread. You are a bit off topic. Please start a ‘I hate Tesla owners’ thread and go at it.
    So now I’m not a car guy. Lol. Can your head fit a little further into the sand?

Not everything is about you in this thread, I wasn't referring to you Leawood when I talked about non-car guys, thought that would be more than obvious... 

--

The class leading technology of Tesla is proven once again. 

Video of Tesla Model 3 crashing into a truck on Autopilot goes viral

Fred Lambert

A video of a Tesla Model 3 crashing into a truck on the highway while reportedly being on Autopilot is going viral. Here’s what we know.

The incident happened in Taiwan yesterday.

A trucked rolled over to its side on the highway, leaving the roof of its box exposed to upcoming traffic.

A Tesla Model 3 owner reportedly driving with some Autopilot driver-assist features didn’t see the truck and the safety feature didn’t stop a collision.

The electric vehicle slammed into the truck at highway speed.

The accident was caught on security cameras and it has been going viral on social media:

Tesla shorts have been using the accident as evidence that the automaker’s Autopilot system is unsafe:

hand washing rooster 🐓@jsin86524368

🚨🚨🚨
    Tesla Model 3 plows info overturned truck on highway. I’m sure the driver was paying complete attention to the road and wasn’t relying on autopilot because he was told the car could drive itself....$TSLAQ

Embedded video

12:00 AM - Jun 1, 2020

Twitter Ads info and privacy

538 people are talking about this

However, they don’t note the most important thing, which is that the Tesla driver is reportedly uninjured.

The local media reported (translated):

It can be seen from the picture that the impact force is so great that even the truck shakes. It is understood that the Tesla driver was unharmed. He confessed to the police that the auxiliary system was turned on at the time, and the self-driving state was not adopted. There is no drunk driving situation, and the relevant transcripts have been completed so far, and the two parties have to face the subsequent compensation matters.

It’s unclear what is meant by “the auxiliary system was turned on at the time, and the self-driving state was not adopted,” but it is believed that the Model 3 had at least some Autopilot features activated at the time of the crash.

In the video, it also appears that the driver or the emergency automatic braking system applied the brakes at the last second based on brake skid smoke appearing a moment before the crash.

Electrek’s Take

It would be nice if Autopilot’s automatic emergency braking system would prevent accidents like that, but it doesn’t always work, and there’s no substitute for paying attention at all times.

Tesla is constantly improving its Autopilot features, but it still asks drivers to keep their hands on the wheel and pay attention at all times every time they activate the features, which ultimately means that the driver is at fault here.

The most important thing is that he is apparently uninjured, which is nothing short of a miracle after a crash like that. It looks like the roof of the bed acted as a great crumple zone.

Automatic emergency braking may have also played a role here in reducing the force of the impact, but it’s not clear if it was the system or the driver who applied the brakes at the last second.

The reason why Tesla and other vehicles on driver-assist features hit stationary objects on the road while at highway speed like that is due to them trying to reduce the number of false-positive braking events.

It will improve over time, but it’s a good reminder that drivers have to stay attentive and ready to take control at all times.

Leawood911:

Geez whoopsy. I guess I invaded a Tesla thread with Tesla info.  You are so correct all the time. A car company is just a car company. Because Ferrari sells key chains and t- shirts and is still a car company then Tesla is no different at all. Got it.  Why not put me back into a cult of Tesla owners - forget that I have owned 911 longer than any of you and more of them.  
    I have no idea why you have this giant bug up your ass.  There is no logical discussion to be found here with you on this topic. I write of the enjoyment of my car and you can’t stop insulting people who like Tesla’s product.  Who is being the pain in the ass?  Who is the one being insulting?  You insult the cars and owners. If your point is to live in a bubble where everyone thinks like you do keep it up.  Others have already decided this is not necessary.  I really don’t get why anything I said offends you. These are opinions not facts.  

Pointing out the truth and obvious isn't insulting bud.

As the saying goes, truth hurts. 

But really, is there a car company that isn't a car company? You see the illogical part fo that question right?

--

If there was ever a company which competed against car companies but which was much more than that it is Tesla. My favorite revenue stream for them is selling carbon credits to automakers.  Your silly questions do not confound me at all. Your inability to address any substantive point is tiring and yes you are being insulting. Claiming it is not an insult if it is true is a little more Bevis and Butthead than I wanted to credit to you but if you like the way that sounds okay. Trust me your explanation does not merit a thank you. 
    Im simply happy about my purchase. Others here get to describe in detail how they enjoy their cars and what joy they get from ownership. This is a car forum. I stick to one thread and offer my opinions about a world class car and you literally have a fit and SPEND time for no other purpose than to insult me again and again.  How this makes you feel better I don’t know?  I work for a living and I try to be nice to everyone I meet because someday that may be helpful. It is also the human thing to do. If someone has an interest I enjoy it with them.  If they are not saying anything offensive I don’t tell them to shut up. For Christ sake and f you don’t have anything nice to say then ...

I guess I should just lie and make up bad stuff about my ownership experience. Everyone would love that and be nice to me for once. Hmmm. How shallow are you guys?  Starting the think Whoopsy is a fat teenager in his parents basement. 

Leawood911:

If there was ever a company which competed against car companies but which was much more than that it is Tesla. My favorite revenue stream for them is selling carbon credits to automakers.  Your silly questions do not confound me at all. Your inability to address any substantive point is tiring and yes you are being insulting. Claiming it is not an insult if it is true is a little more Bevis and Butthead than I wanted to credit to you but if you like the way that sounds okay. Trust me your explanation does not merit a thank you. 
    Im simply happy about my purchase. Others here get to describe in detail how they enjoy their cars and what joy they get from ownership. This is a car forum. I stick to one thread and offer my opinions about a world class car and you literally have a fit and SPEND time for no other purpose than to insult me again and again.  How this makes you feel better I don’t know?  I work for a living and I try to be nice to everyone I meet because someday that may be helpful. It is also the human thing to do. If someone has an interest I enjoy it with them.  If they are not saying anything offensive I don’t tell them to shut up. For Christ sake and f you don’t have anything nice to say then ...

I guess I should just lie and make up bad stuff about my ownership experience. Everyone would love that and be nice to me for once. Hmmm. How shallow are you guys?  Starting the think Whoopsy is a fat teenager in his parents basement. 

I, or anyone here, never doubted your joy of Tesla ownership. You are one of tens of thousands of happy Tesla owners just in the USA alone. What's the point there? Not sure why you are taking it so personally. But then again most Tesla fans are like that, any form of criticisms against Tesla are taken personally, not just this forum but everywhere else. They simply cannot accept ANY criticism against Tesla period, they have to convince the world that Tesla is the best and the most perfect vehicle for anyone. Smiley 

Did we ever say Teslas aren't world class performers on testing, from acceleration to range? Nope. We simply add the context into those statements. Teslas can reeled off sub 3 0-60 runs, but needed a couple minutes to prepare the car first, as oppose to some other cars that needs maybe 10-20 seconds of button pressing, or the Porsche way where it takes no time, just need brake on gas on brake off and gone sequence. Their Supercharger are 'fast'. But the context in which fast is defined is that stye have a tiny range where the charger can pump a lot of wattage into the battery, but that charge rate is ramped down quite rapidly, as oppose to some other EV where they can maintain a high level of charge for a longer period, so depending on which segment one picks, one car is faster charging than another. Tesla have perfected the 400V system, no one else can say that, they have the most time and experience working the 400V system and can squeeze the most out of such system, no one ever dispute that either. But technology waits for no one, while Tesla is perfecting the 400V system, others have leapfrogged onto the next generation 800V system, in that regards, Tesla is playing catchup now. Right now we are comparing the peak of 400V system vs the start up of the 800V system, the benefits may not be as clear yet, but one can never argue with physics, 800V system in the same state of development will blow any 400V system out of the water. 

As for the first part of your post. 

Information has to be taken into context also. Tesla make cars. Tesla is a car company, as simply as that. Automobile isn't the only thing Tesla sells, it also does solar panels. And as you mentioned, selling emission credits. 

That last part need context. What is emission credit? It is an artificial and arbitrary form of trade-able asset created out of thin air. In simple terms it's a wealth transfer from the normal car makers to car makers producing 'green' cars. Since Tesla only makes EVs, it accumulate not a small pile of those credits where they can sell to pad their balance sheet. 

For the longest time, selling these credits was the only way Tesla can maintain a not too embarrassing earnings every quarter. Now it's better, they should be having a positive one without counting those in. They came a long way.

Not sure why you are so worked up dealing with objective facts. Nothing I have typed are subjective, as I don't have stakes one way or another, not longing TSLA nor shorting them. I criticize Porsche the same way too even when I have like 6-8 of them at any given time. Heck, I was criticizing Ferrari also when I have 3 of them in my garage also. Owning something doesn't have to be a blind love ignoring facts. 

Here is the bright side, imagine your beloved Model 3, with the potent Tesla battery chemistry, but with next generation 800V. Wouldn't that be a perfect car for you?

--

Tesla is now officially the most valuable automaker of all the world!! Congrats

https://twitter.com/ElonsWorld/status/1270712021357658114

EaJ52FoX0AAi7sT.jpg

SmileySomeone here predicted last year the stock would hit $1000. Hmmmm 

btw the model 3 requires no wait time or button pushing to hit 60 in 2.9.  That is 8 year old tech. It is always ready. 
    lastly - we don’t want to talk charge times but from 15% to 85% the v3 charges at 1000+ miles per hour. Some of that speed is due to the 4 miles per kWh efficiency. That’s a big range of charging and only takes about 17 minutes. But as noted I never use the supercharger. 400 volt vs 800 would be totally transparent to me. Not important from what I am seeing. Using my car as a power wall with solar or as a virtual power plant is far more interesting. 

Tesla is also selling massive battery installations. They are not just very vertically integrated they keep finding new ways to generate revenue. Like with subscriptions to self driving in the future or robo taxis.  Selling Performance upgrades that are software only and cost nothing. You have to admit they are very creative. 
    I don’t mind if you ridicule my fondness of the car but it is rude and offensive to be categorized as a tesla cult member or similar term. It is just not needed and it marginalized people for a pretty inoffensive.  You are way better than that 

Leawood911:

SmileySomeone here predicted last year the stock would hit $1000. Hmmmm 

As usual this person did not buy the stock to benefit from his prediction Smiley 

Well...I just reminded myself how I bought 4000 Tesla shares at (I think) 11 USD and sold them again at 17 or so (don't nail me on the precise numbers, I forgot), thinking he (me) made a nice profit.

Let's see: If I would have sold the 4000 Tesla shares at 1000 USD a piece, I would have made almost 4.000.000 USD.   Minus 25% capital gain tax, sill a whopping 3.000.000 or so. 

Oh boy...if I would drink, I would definitely drink a small Schnapps now. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

Well...I just reminded myself how I bought 4000 Tesla shares at (I think) 11 USD and sold them again at 17 or so (don't nail me on the precise numbers, I forgot), thinking he (me) made a nice profit.

Let's see: If I would have sold the 4000 Tesla shares at 1000 USD a piece, I would have made almost 4.000.000 USD.   Minus 25% capital gain tax, sill a whopping 3.000.000 or so. 

Oh boy...if I would drink, I would definitely drink a small Schnapps now. Smiley Smiley

look forward, no one can predict what was possible in terms of share value when a company did not make a single penny in profit.

soon you will have opportunities when the market will realize how fuc*ed up the current economical situation is. get ready with your cash.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

https://www.engadget.com/tesla-model-3-wireless-charging-125919160.html

Wonder if there will be a OTA update for this "feature" 

--

Whoopsy:

Does not appear to be the case this time.  The Y has this standard so it is no surprise they would add this to the 3 as well. It has always been available for those who want it. Aftermarket makes cheaper ones. I guess Tesla wanted to put them out of business. That’s a shame.  I would prefer items were not included in some cases if I don’t need them to keep costs down.  
    It does not take much to amuse you. Glad you enjoyed that. If you need more I have lots of negative information about my ownership I am holding in reserve for you when you need a smile. Cheers buddy. 

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

Does not appear to be the case this time.  The Y has this standard so it is no surprise they would add this to the 3 as well. It has always been available for those who want it. Aftermarket makes cheaper ones. I guess Tesla wanted to put them out of business. That’s a shame.  I would prefer items were not included in some cases if I don’t need them to keep costs down.  
    It does not take much to amuse you. Glad you enjoyed that. If you need more I have lots of negative information about my ownership I am holding in reserve for you when you need a smile. Cheers buddy. 

A lot of stuff in the car is hardware limited, so it doesn't matter if a car have OTA or not, software can only do so much and software means nothing if there isn't hardware support. 

OTA at the end of the day is just a gimmick, or well more like providing features afterwards that was supposed to be on the initial shipped car in the first place. 

There are useful instances when it is good, like the dog mode for keeping pets comfortable inside the car. That was a great thing by Elon and Tesla. 

--

Something I don't understand, it is 2020, I don't understand why this is not standard on all cars, not only wireless charging, but a place specific to securely hold your phone as well, if there are cupholders standard nowadays, why not a smartphone holder? not everybody likes to drink in a car but absolutely everybody has a smartphone with them that they have to take out of their pocket when they get in the car and need to put somewhere...

--

Because wireless charging is not compatible with all phones and it is not a long term solution. Soon to be outdated tech. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689176 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409013 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255665 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234912 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65485 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857833 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773814 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM