Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

How many f430 are they making per year

anyone have info. im trying to gauge if i can get one or not.Im very turned off from ferreri dealers lately. None of them reurm my calls and i cant even order one.
    im not really willing to jump through hoops to get one. nor do i have time for the games the dealers want to play. A freind of mine told me that dealers are only selling cars to people who agree to sell them back through dealers. a freinds of mine was also forced to buy 2 maseratis to get promised a 430. i really turned off and i dont think i should have to do these things in order to get a car. ill probably look elsewhere for my exotic. maybe the new 911 turbo coming out. im 1st on dealer list and no games are played there.

so the bottom line question is,,,how many are they going to bring to us market on initial year.

Re: How many f430 are they making per year

I think it will be under 1,000 cars/yr to the US...

That seems to be the way it works in US with Ferrari dealers, its a shame the dealers there have "highjacked" the make there and turned into cheap dirty game which turns off the true sportcar enthusiast crowd and turns on the poseur & car-as-investment crowd. What a shame, true Ferrari "appassionato's" deserve better

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    That seems to be the way it works in US with Ferrari dealers, its a shame the dealers there have "highjacked" the make there and turned into cheap dirty game which turns off the true sportcar enthusiast crowd and turns on the poseur & car-as-investment crowd. What a shame, true Ferrari "appassionato's" deserve better

Well spoken!

One of the problems with a limited production car is dealer viability. Some dealers are fortune to get possibly up to 40 cars a year. Some substantially less. Bottom line is they cannot exist on selling cars or service (again limited number of cars serviced).

They must be very active in selling used Ferrari's and that requires a business relationship with the customer who is buying a new one. Thus, repeat customers who also turn their cars in for resale should get priority. This is especially true in areas where there is a strong demand for Ferrari's i.e. CA, FL N.Y. In other areas, where the demand is not great, waiting in line will get you a car in a couple of years.

It is the only way dealership's can survive. Obviously, this situation is good for business at Lambo and Porsche.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    One of the problems with a limited production car is dealer viability. Some dealers are fortune to get possibly up to 40 cars a year. Some substantially less. Bottom line is they cannot exist on selling cars or service (again limited number of cars serviced).

They must be very active in selling used Ferrari's and that requires a business relationship with the customer who is buying a new one. Thus, repeat customers who also turn their cars in for resale should get priority. This is especially true in areas where there is a strong demand for Ferrari's i.e. CA, FL N.Y. In other areas, where the demand is not great, waiting in line will get you a car in a couple of years.

It is the only way dealership's can survive. Obviously, this situation is good for business at Lambo and Porsche.

Very true. Since Ferraris aren't driven much by their owners, the service bays are as empty as Star Jones' plate at Thanksgiving dinner. The dealers can't make any money servicing the cars. Since supply is constrained, they can ignore you as a customer too. You had to be 'invited to purchase' an Enzo - didn't matter how big your wallet was. You needed to have a long standing relationship with a Ferrari dealer to get on the list. Ferrari has tried several interesting techniques over the years to prevent the quick flipping of their cars by their 'special clients' (i.e. a guy at the top of the list takes delivery at MSRP and immediately sells for a huge profit). They didn't allow people to purchase the Ferrari F50 - you could only lease them from Ferrari so therefore you couldn't sell them until after the lease period expired and I believe it was Ferrari that determined whether or not you could keep the car at the end of the lease.

You can always go thru an auto broker to get a Ferrari or other car-of-the-moment. You'll pay a premium to skip the wait but how is that different from a Ferrari dealer, right?

Quote:
    nberry said:

I understand that Nick, but the route the Ferrari delaers take "in the US" is like a saying we have; "the cure is worse than the disease..." and Ferrari is not the only limited production make around either. They are just being greedy and disrespectful with the customer, specially the customer who is not mainly after the exclusivety&image of Ferrari or treating Ferraris as an investment or jewerly, but with the customer who values and buys a Ferrari for the amazing sportcar machine that it is and what it has to offer to the sportcar enthusiast and "driver", who does not walk into a delaership to play games or kiss ass.

If sale numbers are so limited, which in recent times know, Ferrari sales are not that exclusive anymore and doesn't pale in comparison to the number of Porsche sales a few years back, then the dealership can't be solely based on Ferrari sales and should also offer other sportcar makes for example, but in large markets such as Cali that low sales excuse is not credible, they just wan't mo' $$$ as long as they can get away with it.

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

I understand that Nick, but the route the Ferrari delaers take "in the US" is like a saying we have; "the cure is worse than the disease..." and Ferrari is not the only limited production make around either. They are just being greedy and disrespectful with the customer, specially the customer who is not mainly after the exclusivety&image of Ferrari or treating Ferraris as an investment or jewerly, but with the customer who values and buys a Ferrari for the amazing sportcar machine that it is and what it has to offer to the sportcar enthusiast and "driver", who does not walk into a delaership to play games or kiss ass.

If sale numbers are so limited, which in recent times know, Ferrari sales are not that exclusive anymore and doesn't pale in comparison to the number of Porsche sales a few years back, then the dealership can't be solely based on Ferrari sales and should also offer other sportcar makes for example, but in large markets such as Cali that low sales excuse is not credible, they just wan't mo' $$$ as long as they can get away with it.

What I find fasinating is I had similar thoughts about Ferrari several years ago. The car is a maintain nightmare, driven by people with heavy gold jewelry and dealerships who are sleeze balls. I must tell you either there has been a total reincarnation of the company or my impressions were all wrong because what I experience today is just the opposite of what I believed.

Carlos I believe you are speaking from anecdotal evidence which is often unreliable. Sure prospective buyers are angry because they cannot buy one of the great sport cars on the planet despite having the financial resources to do so. It just does not seem fair. But Ferrari is about owning a dream and not everyone can have what they dream.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

What I find fasinating is I had similar thoughts about Ferrari several years ago. The car is a maintain nightmare, driven by people with heavy gold jewelry and dealerships who are sleeze balls. I must tell you either there has been a total reincarnation of the company or my impressions were all wrong because what I experience today is just the opposite of what I believed.

Carlos I believe you are speaking from anecdotal evidence which is often unreliable.

No, no nick, thats not what I'm saying. Ferraris have come a long long way in terms of reliability now, and maintance (though less in terms of maintenance, partly due to Ferrari being a relatively small company so its understandable). And though Ferrari owners may have among the highest percentage of "heavy gold jewerly" neuvo-rich poseurs within their files, you can't generalise and Ferraris also appeal to the true sportcar enthusiasts as well, who appreciate what the wondeful and exiting driving experience Ferrari has to offer. What I'm saying is that the sleeze ball dealership game in the US favors the first group and at the same time pushing out of ownership the second group. IMO a pity and a danger to the company since the market dictates the road a company takes and the poseurs may make Ferrari stray away from Ferraris philosophy in the long haul and may turn into something like the pre-audi lamboghinis
    My favorite Ferrari is the F40 (in which I had the pleasure of riding in and you could only but admire the brilliance with which they carried out a "true sportcar")... you won't see many gold chain poseurs driving that thing!

Here is another anecdote as you call them
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...SSID=#Post66958

Quote:

No, no nick, thats not what I'm saying. Ferraris have come a long long way in terms of reliability now, and maintance (though less in terms of maintenance, partly due to Ferrari being a relatively small company so its understandable). And though Ferrari owners may have among the highest percentage of "heavy gold jewerly" neuvo-rich poseurs within their files, you can't generalise and Ferraris also appeal to the true sportcar enthusiasts as well, who appreciate what the wondeful and exiting driving experience Ferrari has to offer. What I'm saying is that the sleeze ball dealership game in the US favors the first group and at the same time pushing out of ownership the second group. IMO a pity and a danger to the company since the market dictates the road a company takes and the poseurs may make Ferrari stray away from Ferraris philosophy in the long haul and may turn into something like the pre-audi lamboghinis
    My favorite Ferrari is the F40 (in which I had the pleasure of riding in and you could only but admire the brilliance with which they carried out a "true sportcar")... you won't see many gold chain poseurs driving that thing!

Exactly Carlos. To a sports car afficianado, there are plenty of great choices and alternatives today - if the Ferrari dealer pisses you off, you go someplace else. To someone who is mainly buying a Ferrari based on image and the "I'm living my dream and you can't have any" philosophy, they're stuck with the dealer and have to put up with their practices because these customers have narrowly focused themselves.

Ferrari and the dealers win either way. When they have great product (F430) they'll have a line out the door. When their product isn't as good (348, 355, Testarossa, etc.), the line will be half as long but it's still long enough. This half line is filled with the poseurs who again are buying the image more than they are the actual car.

hahahahaha....."when their product isn't as good" and you include 355...hilarious!!

Quote:
    Aircon said:
    hahahahaha....."when their product isn't as good" and you include 355...hilarious!!

I thought maybe he made a typo The Testarossa was also a success right?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806865 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449594 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267076 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90452 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7238 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887458 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    836263 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM