Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Sorry RC, I've succumbed to the "dark side"

After now 5 yrs of pleasurable, very reliable Porsche driving, (and alimony payments finished I've succombed to the siren song of the Stradale. The music this car makes is like no other. Just hope it's as reliable as the Turbo was! Haven't been around here much lately, but I thought I'd pop in and wish you a safe & prosperous holiday season!

Re: Sorry RC, I've succumbed to the "dark side"

Gorgeous photos, please let us know how the reliablity is vs. the Turbo. (996 I assume?)

I just hope you didn't pay any premium for it.

Welcome to the Ferrari world, this isn't the dark side, this is the pink side.

You should have waited for the F430 though, just a friendly hint but the Stradale is definetely a nice toy, especially if you really enjoy DRIVING it.

Drove it 500mi the 1st week

Broke it in fast & strong Shame it's becoming winter here in Indiana already. When you say the "pink side" I think you mean bacause it's the car that gets all the chicks, right? As for waiting for the 430, who's got time for that!? Not me. As for paying a premium to get this Titanium over full black leather example, well, maybe a small one, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Live's too short to play the waiting game, and I'm not getting any younger! Good to hear from you again, RC!

Re: Drove it 500mi the 1st week

Beautiful pics! Congrats to your wonderful car!

Re: Drove it 500mi the 1st week

Great pics, gorgeous car..... always a safe journey!!!!!

L@rs

Congrats very good looking car enjoy it.

Beautiful photos!... oh yeah, and the car too

One last pic:

This is before I added the light smoke window tint:

Quote:
    RC said:
    You should have waited for the F430 though, just a friendly hint but the Stradale is definetely a nice toy, especially if you really enjoy DRIVING it.

You've obviously never driven a Stradale. The F430 won't be what the Stradale is. This is like comparing a 997S to a GT3RS.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

You've obviously never driven a Stradale. The F430 won't be what the Stradale is. This is like comparing a 997S to a GT3RS.

and you have 'obviously' never driven a 430 .... so you can't tell anything about it,
    But I heard from Michael Schumacher himself (personally), that the 430 is mutch better !! even handling, and for sure POWER !! Michael prefers a 430 over a stradale, so he told me, ... and who am I (and you) for not to believe him.

Truly great photos.

Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

and you have 'obviously' never driven a 430 .... so you can't tell anything about it,
    But I heard from Michael Schumacher himself (personally), that the 430 is mutch better !! even handling, and for sure POWER !! Michael prefers a 430 over a stradale, so he told me, ... and who am I (and you) for not to believe him.

All I need to know is there is carpet, full leather, sound deadening material, and several hundred more lbs to know the F430 experience will NOT be similar to the CS one. The fact the CS still outruns (while barely) the F430 on the factory track with factory drivers also tells me it holds it's own re: the F430 in performance terms as well. The CS drive is like no other. The F430 will be a faster 360 - not necessarily a more race car feeling 360 ala the CS.

BTW, who strokes Michael's checks? Which of the two cars (CS and F430) is current production and therefore currently for sale? Could these two questions be related? BTW, the CS CLOBBERS the 360 in handling. So, as factory track times clearly illustrate, while the F430 out handles the 360 it replaces (the one to which his comment was related), it still doesn't have anything on the more focused CS.

Beatiful pics... Great car!

hey, man
    nice photos

My question, may I use them on my site ?
    www.passione-rossa.be

Sure, be my guest vinni

I'd consider it an honor to have the pics I took of my car on your site! In fact, if you follow the link in my sig, there's a few more you might like even better.

ahh, good point re the check signing, Ben!

would you expect him to say the contrary? Not me

Re: car

congrats goodwood...i made the same choice a month ago ,same color 360 modena (not stradale),a marvelous toy and experience

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

All I need to know is there is carpet, full leather, sound deadening material, and several hundred more lbs to know the F430 experience will NOT be similar to the CS one. The fact the CS still outruns (while barely) the F430 on the factory track with factory drivers also tells me it holds it's own re: the F430 in performance terms as well. The CS drive is like no other. The F430 will be a faster 360 - not necessarily a more race car feeling 360 ala the CS.

BTW, who strokes Michael's checks? Which of the two cars (CS and F430) is current production and therefore currently for sale? Could these two questions be related? BTW, the CS CLOBBERS the 360 in handling. So, as factory track times clearly illustrate, while the F430 out handles the 360 it replaces (the one to which his comment was related), it still doesn't have anything on the more focused CS.

The F430, is not just a faster 360 !!!!!!!!!
    Read about it first, check out the first road & track tests !!

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    The fact the CS still outruns (while barely) the F430 on the factory track with factory drivers also tells me it holds it's own re: the F430 in performance terms as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love the CS, but let's not forget the CS is wearing R rubber, which at Fiorano is probably at least 2 sec advantage over street tires. My money would be on the 430 given equal rubber and equal drivers.

Gary

Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

The F430, is not just a faster 360 !!!!!!!!!
    Read about it first, check out the first road & track tests !!

No, it's a faster 360 with a CS tach, LC, shifting software, side sills, brakes, keys, sound, wheels, and a few hundred extra lbs. The chumps who have never driven both the CS and 360 can keep quoting their silly magazine "numbers" and articles. Get your ass in both cars and then tell us what you think. The F430 will be as different an experience from the CS as the 360 is.

No, it's a faster 360 with a CS tach, LC, shifting software, side sills, brakes, keys, sound, wheels, and a few hundred extra lbs. The chumps who have never driven both the CS and 360 can keep quoting their silly magazine "numbers" and articles. Get your ass in both cars and then tell us what you think. The F430 will be as different an experience from the CS as the 360 is.

AND it has a lot more F1 technology that the CS doesn't has !
    The ONLY advantage the CS could have towards the 430 maybe the weight ratio, I agree with that

Quote:
    jennyz said:

The ONLY advantage the CS could have towards the 430 maybe the weight ratio, I agree with that

And when did you actually drive the CS or are you one of the "chumps" to which I referred.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:

And when did you actually drive the CS or are you one of the "chumps" to which I referred.

I drove the CS in Belgium, a friends car, and also drove the CS the day before the pre launch of the 430 with Schumi in Italy, Fiorano track on 20/7 this year.
    I still own a 360 (and a 348) , and take delivery of the 430 this month, .... so who are you ????????

Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:

I drove the CS in Belgium, a friends car, and also drove the CS the day before the pre launch of the 430 with Schumi in Italy, Fiorano track on 20/7 this year.
    I still own a 360 (and a 348) , and take delivery of the 430 this month, .... so who are you ????????

So you're honestly saying that after driving the CS and 360 you don't get what Ferrari did to make the CS "special"? Do you just drive your cars to the country club or are you pulling my leg about being unable to get Ferrari's message from the CS? Again, unless Ferrari is planning to leave out the carpet, leather, and sound deadening material, the F430 will not be a substitute for the CS but will instead be a better, faster 360. I just don't think any real enthusiast can drive the CS and "luxury" version (ie: 360 or 430) and not tell they are night and day in their purpose and experience. Most CS owners I know would not for a second consider trading their cars for an F430 unless it was a CS version - myself included.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:

So you're honestly saying that after driving the CS and 360 you don't get what Ferrari did to make the CS "special"? Do you just drive your cars to the country club or are you pulling my leg about being unable to get Ferrari's message from the CS? Again, unless Ferrari is planning to leave out the carpet, leather, and sound deadening material, the F430 will not be a substitute for the CS but will instead be a better, faster 360. I just don't think any real enthusiast can drive the CS and "luxury" version (ie: 360 or 430) and not tell they are night and day in their purpose and experience. Most CS owners I know would not for a second consider trading their cars for an F430 unless it was a CS version - myself included.

Do YOU own a CS, or have driven one ????
    Sure the CS feels a lot different than the 360, but I think the 430 will also be a HUGE DIFFERENCE !!

Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:

Do YOU own a CS, or have driven one ????
    Sure the CS feels a lot different than the 360, but I think the 430 will also be a HUGE DIFFERENCE !!

Of course I own one, or I'd be just another chump "magazine" talking. I know much of the CS technology (hopefully some of what makes it's turn in and steering so magical relative to the 360) is going into the 430 and it should be a fabulous car. Again though, it's not designed to nor will it replace the CS - despite liberal use of CS stuff.

Ben and Jen

J-lo and Affleck

I don't know...

LOL.

Ok Jen

Quote:
    JP66 said:
    Ben and Jen

J-lo and Affleck

OK,

...... will wait till my 430 arrives,

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777488 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441802 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262816 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261020 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85288 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5598 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880705 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816092 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM