Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Rennteam's First Real Look - Boxster S

More pictures and some details to come tonight or tomorrow, stay tuned.
    Only one thing: at first look, the new Boxster looks like the old one. At second look, Porsche has wiped out all Boxster design "flaws" and we can say that the Boxster is now almost perfect. Design-wise...

Re: Rennteam's First Real Look - Boxster S

As you can see, there is a clear difference between the 987 and 986. Unfortunately this comparison isn't too good because the 986 on the picture is a Boxster S 550 Anniv. Edition and I took the pictures from a slightly different angle. But you get the point.

Sorry for the dirty cars, it was very stormy that day.

The little green sticker on the frontlight actually ends a lot of speculation about where the 987 is made.
    It indicates Valmet-Finland and all Boxsters (987) are made in Valmet right now with a few exceptions at the beginning for prototype testing, first testdrives, etc.

Full leather interior incl. chrono sport package.
    This is stone grey, I think. Didn't ask, stupid me.

Full leather door panel with BOSE surround sound.

Multi function steering wheel, full leather interior, chrono sport. Looks pretty similar to the 997 interior and I suppose 987 owners won't be unhappy about that.
    Only difference: speedo cluster instruments have slightly different lettering graphics, the lack of the oil temperature and oil pressure gauges and the round air vents.

Non-leather interior with radio option incl. CD player instead of the PCM system. As you can see, it won't be easy to retrofit aftermarket stuff.

For comparison: full leather with PCM system.

Full leather and the stop watch we all love.
    I would pay even more for the chrono sport package if Porsche would delete the stop watch.
    How about this Exclusive option:
    Option code FSW 1 - Delete Stop Watch from Chrono Sport Package for 99 USD?

Light coloured full leather option with BOSE surround sound.

Deviating colour of air inlet. Nice...
    Again: sorry for the wet and dirty cars.

Standard interior without leather. Looks pretty good but trust me if I tell you that in a Cab/Roadster, full leather looks best. Especially when you drive with open top.

And a little hint: with light colours, always order full leather. The standard interior without leather looks best with dark colours. Don't say I didn't warn you guys.

Exhaust rear end of the Boxster (not S). Pretty cheap looking.

Boxster 17'' wheel.

Larger front trunk, no visible difference to the 997 trunk and (greetings to MaxErnst) no spare tire.

We wanted to open the top but no chance, too much water and we didn't want to ruin a new car.

Very nice, for next summer could be a very good choice.
    thank you for the pictures Christian!

Finally some real pictures,.... thanks RC

Very nice. thanks. Used your pics in a post on flat-6.net

Are you gonna post more on the boxster RC?

I would like to hear your driving impression compared to the 986. Waiting to see more pics too.

Quote:
    amazon23 said:

Nice shots. Thanks RC

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    amazon23 said:

Why ? I don't get it. I said it was from you and gave the link to rennteam.com
    Most users know your forum anyway. Soory if thats a issue.

Nice shot. Thanks. Looks that the fitting quality has been uprated.

Thanks for the pics RC. I hope to post some pics of my own next friday after the launch event at my local dealership. Seeing your pics, I'm seriously considering upgrading the interior on my car to full leather.

Quote:
    amazon23 said:
    Why ? I don't get it. I said it was from you and gave the link to rennteam.com
    Most users know your forum anyway. Soory if thats a issue.

A lot of people don't know but I try to explain it (and I hope you guys understand): it doesn't have to do with "protecting art" or whatever. Most of the pictures published by me or our moderators are nice, sometimes interesting, maybe even impressive from time to time but definetely not art. 90% are pretty common, only to show people certain details about cars, parts, etc.

Then, why do we always make such a big fuss about publishing them or the pictures being "transported" to other forums? Pretty simple: all other forums have sponsors and the forum owners usually make money with their forums or at least earn enough to keep the forums up and running without having to invest anything. With Rennteam.com, things are completely different: we don't earn money with this forum, we spend and loose money with this forum.
    When I'm a few hours away from my business to take pictures for example, I loose a couple of hundreds of Euros, just for a few damned pics. Only an example, I won't tell you how much I loose by driving to Stuttgart or Leipzig or how much our moderators loose by answering all those mails, support and information requests, correcting evidently false statements in posts, etc. Not to speak about server cost, software licenses cost and the new upcoming stuff like new design, photo gallery, etc. Unfortunately in this world, nothing is for free.

Now you and others will ask: why the hell are you guys doing that? Pretty simple: we wanted to create a forum FROM enthusiasts/owners FOR enthusiasts/owners, solely based on the passion, enthusiasm and curiousity for these fine sports cars because we couldn't stand the BS/gossip/kiddy talk on other forums anymore. This is why we need as many Users as possible and this is why we want to keep the pictures and infos on our site, to attract more people to join us.
    Why do we need so many Users? This is a long story. To make it short: the more Users we have, the bigger the chance to get semi-official or even official support, infos and pictures other (commercial) forums might not be able to put their hands on.
    And a last thing: Rennteam.com is becoming a "force" no car manufacturer can ignore anymore, with over 4000 registered Users and hopefully more.

Sorry for this long "bla bla" but I want you to understand it right. Thanks.

A lot of people don't know but I try to explain it (and I hope you guys understand): it doesn't have to do with "protecting art" or whatever. Most of the pictures published by me or our moderators are nice, sometimes interesting, maybe even impressive from time to time but definetely not art. 90% are pretty common, only to show people certain details about cars, parts, etc.

Then, why do we always make such a big fuss about publishing them or the pictures being "transported" to other forums? Pretty simple: all other forums have sponsors and the forum owners usually make money with their forums or at least earn enough to keep the forums up and running without having to invest anything. With Rennteam.com, things are completely different: we don't earn money with this forum, we spend and loose money with this forum.
    When I'm a few hours away from my business to take pictures for example, I loose a couple of hundreds of Euros, just for a few damned pics. Only an example, I won't tell you how much I loose by driving to Stuttgart or Leipzig or how much our moderators loose by answering all those mails, support and information requests, correcting evidently false statements in posts, etc. Not to speak about server cost, software licenses cost and the new upcoming stuff like new design, photo gallery, etc. Unfortunately in this world, nothing is for free.

Now you and others will ask: why the hell are you guys doing that? Pretty simple: we wanted to create a forum FROM enthusiasts/owners FOR enthusiasts/owners, solely based on the passion, enthusiasm and curiousity for these fine sports cars because we couldn't stand the BS/gossip/kiddy talk on other forums anymore. This is why we need as many Users as possible and this is why we want to keep the pictures and infos on our site, to attract more people to join us.
    Why do we need so many Users? This is a long story. To make it short: the more Users we have, the bigger the chance to get semi-official or even official support, infos and pictures other (commercial) forums might not be able to put their hands on.
    And a last thing: Rennteam.com is becoming a "force" no car manufacturer can ignore anymore, with over 4000 registered Users and hopefully more.

Sorry for this long "bla bla" but I want you to understand it right. Thanks.

I did not realized...What can I say now?

Again, I'm sorry. Won't do it again.
    Although I might say, giving the link to your forum is not necessary a bad thing. People on flat-6 will see your pics (pics have rennteam written on them) and will probably be interested by your forum too. they will wonder how you got closed to a boxster so soon and might register in the future. I guess you don't make advertisement for your forum. It might just be the best way to do just so for free.

I give you the link to flat-6.net so you can see what I did and have your opinion. I posted your pics so non rennteam member can have a look, but also gave them the link. I think it's one of the best way to get your forum known, to attract new members. That's how I became a member by the way. Some flat-6 members were talking about rennteam or a pic was posted and as I was interested I check you website. I wanted pics. So I registered to be able to access that part of the forum.

http://www.flat-6.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10962

Anyway, it's a nice place you've got here. hope I did not offend you by doing so. I could delete the post on flat-6 but I guess it's a bit too late.

Don't worry, be happy.

Quote:
    RC said:

Quote:
    RC said:

Rennteam.com may even be mentioned in a magazine pretty soon too , stay tuned.

we are tuned!!

ciao

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753648 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430978 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258720 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255574 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79602 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868530 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802212 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM