Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Notice Anything Unusual....

Re: Notice Anything Unusual....

Brakes, either painted or NOT PCCB

I would say the vending machine in the back and the painting on the wall

This car has the optional painted brake calipers (MY2005/2006 starting Jan '05 production) that can be had in either red, black, or silver instead of the standard speed yellow for US$5,000.

I ordered red ones for my Signal Yellow paint-to-sample car because I didn't want clashing colors of yellow on my car.

I hope the calipers on the right side of the car are not painted blue

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:

That's what I'm gussing too!

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:

I wonder...

Quote:
    W8MM said:
    This car has the optional painted brake calipers (MY2005/2006 starting Jan '05 production) that can be had in either red, black, or silver instead of the standard speed yellow for US$5,000.

I ordered red ones for my Signal Yellow paint-to-sample car because I didn't want clashing colors of yellow on my car.

Mike, they are chargiging $5k for changing the color of the calipers?

Call me traditionalist but I think red looks best, for any body color

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Mike, they are chargiging $5k for changing the color of the calipers?

Call me traditionalist but I think red looks best, for any body color

OOPS

Brake Calipers coated in red (CGT Option GBW) is US$8,640

I just downloaded a pdf of the MY2005 CGT order guide. I must be suffering from some sort of old-age memory loss (more likely denial).

Quote:
    W8MM said:

Wow! Can I ask to use the turbo brakes rather than PCCB? Just kidding...

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:Call me traditionalist but I think red looks best, for any body color

I totally agree, but that stupid orange reflector has to go, it clashes every other color on any car. Exept for cars which gave them in front and back too.

Why do Americans have that stupid obligation to have orange signal lights or reflectors on the side of their cars anyway, it is so ugly, just like those awful looking bumperettes.
    Safety?

Quote:
    W8MM said:
    OOPS

OK, now I started to get dizzy! we are talking dollars not pesos right?

Speed yellow with red calipers should look very agressive and sporty, what interior color did you choose?

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    Speed yellow with red calipers should look very agressive and sporty, what interior color did you choose?

It's actually Signal yellow (orginally used by Porsche in late '60s, early '70s on 911S/RS) and I ordered it with option "DZ" seats in Grey natural leather with black carpeting. The leather looks exactly like black to the untrained eye.

Here's an example of Speed yellow (very similar to Fayence) in front of Signal yellow:

Gonna put a little taxi light on top?

Nice selections.

Tom

Quote:
    Wild-Speed said:
    Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:Call me traditionalist but I think red looks best, for any body color

Why do Americans have that stupid obligation to have orange signal lights or reflectors on the side of their cars anyway, it is so ugly, just like those awful looking bumperettes.
    Safety?

It is supposed to tell presumably cops what direction your car is headed at night as viewed from the side.

Tom

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Gonna put a little taxi light on top?

Nice selections.

Tom

No, Tom, ... I thought I'd put some red flashing lights and school district markings on it

I never knew quite the difference b/w them too, but that pic is perfect
    I personally like the darker yellow (signal is it?), its more elegant or serious than the lighter one IMO.

Quote:
    carlos fromspain said:
    I personally like the darker yellow (signal is it?), its more elegant or serious than the lighter one IMO.

I've had Signal (the darker one) yellow cars for over 20 years. The very first one I bought as a "used car" from Stoddard Imported Cars in Cleveland, OH in 1982. It had been a project car the dealer had "built" for a special customer. It was titled as a 1970 911 (to escape exhaust emmission regulations), but it was made from a 1977 Carrera (wide rear fenders) zinc-coated body shell from the factory with lots of go-fast suspension and driveline goodies and a 2.8 liter high-compression motor. I thought the color perfectly suited its personality -- both were outrageous in those days.

The dealer tech crew referred to the car as the "school bus", since the Signal yellow paint reminded them of the yellow color used everywhere in the USA for student transportation

I've received mixed reviews about the color over the course of owning 911/964/993TT/996TT all painted the same way. I've won Porsche club concours "peoples' choice" awards just by taking it to a car wash. Generally, "car people" seem to really like it. Other sorts of passers-by are not always amused.

One of my graphic-designer aquaintences and his friend concluded that Signal yellow on a Porsche was the "perfect design statement", but could not bring themselves to actually own a Porsche that color. They couldn't stand the thought of the constant attention it might bring.

I think Signal has a more masculine look than Speed yellow. It reminds me of the yellow stripes on some military dress uniforms.

I'm pleased that you took the time to say that you like the color.

All the best,

Quote:
    Wild-Speed said:that stupid obligation to have orange signal lights or reflectors on the side of their cars anyway, it is so ugly, just like those awful looking bumperettes.
    Safety?

US laws require a yellow reflector on the front side so that the car is visible when parked at night to oncoming headlight say on a unlit neighborhood street at a T-intersection. The euro "clear" side markers are not reflectorized and are only " yellow " when the bulb is turned on and thus invisible in the above mentioned scenario.

Thats going to be a very special looking CGT with that paint-to-sample Signal Yellow, can't wait to see the pics.

I think that many P-car people are so used now to the common Speed Yellow (and are unaware of signal yellow difference like I was) that some will get the impression something is different in that "yellow CGT" but won't know what it is At least thats what I would of said if you hadn't told me about it: "wow, that CGT makes the Speed Yellow look great!"
    (And with red calipers through those huge open wheels even better IMO).

Quote:
    W8MM said:
    The dealer tech crew referred to the car as the "school bus", since the Signal yellow paint reminded them of the yellow color used everywhere in the USA for student transportation

Generally, "car people" seem to really like it. Other sorts of passers-by are not always amused.

Probably only because it reminded them (= Other sorts of passers-by) of their unhappy school days.

Quote:
    W8MM said:
    One of my graphic-designer aquaintences and his friend concluded that Signal yellow on a Porsche was the "perfect design statement", but could not bring themselves to actually own a Porsche that color. They couldn't stand the thought of the constant attention it might bring.

They're not prepared to "suffer for the sake of art", eh?

Quote:
    W8MM said:

Will this option be available on the 997 Models aswell?

Quote:
    danny828 said:
    Will this option be available on the 997 Models aswell?

That's a good question. I checked the 997s 2005 USA order guide, but I didn't see any reference in the 50 pages available.

Hey.. porsche exclusive... if you're willing to pay, they'll even paint it pink for ya!
    And Carlos... I think that chosing two different colors for your brake calipers will cost you twice teh $5k ... porsche is a money machine, remember? j/k.
    I never really liked the yellow for porsche, and was really disappointed that most of the GT3 press pics are in SY. BUT I must say that that signal color really is beautiful! Not suitable for me though. I like to think of myself as humble, and whenever I buy a 911, it will either be silver (like almost all), or a dark one. Cudos to signal yellow though, I love it!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    MKW said:
    US laws require a yellow reflector on the front side so that the car is visible when parked at night to oncoming headlight say on a unlit neighborhood street at a T-intersection. The euro "clear" side markers are not reflectorized and are only " yellow " when the bulb is turned on and thus invisible in the above mentioned scenario.

Reflective license plates over here in Europe, no problem.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690741 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409926 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256113 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235355 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65732 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858677 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774890 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM