Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán EVO STO

When is the replacement for the Aventador estimated to break cover?

Enmanuel:

When is the replacement for the Aventador estimated to break cover?

Q1 2023 I think.

Yes, basically an Evo RWD with Performante ALA (?maybe).

Good for us Performante owners because it won't be called Performante and it has no AWD.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

tecnica2.jpg

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

RC:

Good for us Performante owners because it won't be called Performante and it has no AWD.

Not sure if 2WD version is for everyone, but I've already seen several STO's with less than a year old heavily wrecked and unrepairable.

Most of the owners were in their early to mid 20's and so called influencers Smiley turning traction control off or speeding and driving like maniacs, too much Playstation / Xbox Smiley Smiley

BiTurbo:
    RC:

Not sure if 2WD version is for everyone, but I've already seen several STO's with less than a year old heavily wrecked and unrepairable.

Most of the owners were in their early to mid 20's and so called influencers Smiley turning traction control off or speeding and driving like maniacs, too much Playstation / Xbox Smiley Smiley

I agree. I had the STO for an entire day, car was on Bridgestone Race tires. It was around 13°C outside, pretty cold. Asphalt was even colder. Car is very predictable, easy to drive fast. There is no excuse to wreck it. First STO delivered to my dealer was wrecked after only two weeks. The owner replaced his Performante with the STO and was driving a mountain pass with a couple of friends when it happened. He isn't a bad driver at all but the STO is no Performante when it comes to traction. The Performante is unbelievably fast on mountain roads, simply because the AWD allows early acceleration. Also, nobody usually drives the Performante with semi-slicks, most cars I know have road tires and for mountain road driving, these tires come in handy because the temperatures are often not that high and semi-slicks need time to warm up. Many STO come on Race tires because owners order them this way.

The STO is a beautiful car, the best looking Huracan in my opinion but I hate to say it, it is not a driver's car, it may be a track car (haven't tried it yet on the track) but it is definitely not a car you can abuse on public roads. Smiley Another problem of the STO is the exhaust system, which, unfortunately, has been muted at certain rev ranges. It requires an (illegal in most countries) mod to make it sound like the Performante and local police in Germany knows all the tricks lately, they have specialized task forces who have even lists with common car modifications and they find them pretty fast. Performante? Street legal. They can fine me for driving in Corsa mode but they cannot impound my car. Big difference. If they find any illegal mod, the car goes to the police and this isn't only expensive, you could be without a car for weeks if you are unlucky. Won't even talk about the risk of damage because of transportation. Not worth it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

The design looks incredibly fuzzy. A few years ago someone showed me some pictures of the 4 story lobby of a hotel in Shanghai and (against my recommendations) asked to recreate the design for their apartments home studio. They couldn't understand why it didn't look as good. Same goes for the Sian and this. 

Enmanuel:

The design looks incredibly fuzzy. A few years ago someone showed me some pictures of the 4 story lobby of a hotel in Shanghai and (against my recommendations) asked to recreate the design for their apartments home studio. They couldn't understand why it didn't look as good. Same goes for the Sian and this. 

Lamborghini tried to make something special out of the remaining Huracan lifecycle and in my opinion, they failed. Good for the Performante of course Smiley because it's value will now grow even higher but I was hoping for some sorts of STO touring but instead, Lamborghini offered a Sian caricature. Smiley The Tecnica is certainly a nice Lambo but it doesn't really offer anything special. Let's see the price tag... Smiley

--

As far as I heard the base price of the Tecnica is relatively low, if you can speak of "low" in these circumstances.

What does make this car really expensive are the options. Basically no paint without paying extra and this means between 10k and 20k USD. Also all these carbon bits and pieces in and out are extra and will cost you a fortune, same goes for livery an many other things.

So totally different to the Performante, in which basically everything was included, except for some fancy AdP coulours maybe.

If you are in the market for a Huracan, the Tecnica is a nice offer, if you like the y-shape (and totally non-functional) design elements at the front. I still would prefer the Evo RWD, but obviously you can no longer order that one.
    You can also get an Evo AWD or STO of course, so plenty of choice for a car that is eight years old.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Baseprice for Europe seems to be 193.033 EUR without VAT.

--

Rossi:

That would be very reasonable. 

Gnil:
    Rossi:

That would be very reasonable. 

Yes, this is more reasonable than I thought but if you have to pay extra for everything, well... Smiley

--

20.000 Huracán have been built. kiss

--

kiss

In somewhat related news, when Audi USA released its updates for MY2023, the R8 is conspicuously absent.  Looks like the V10 is coming to an end at Audi and Lamborghini soon.  

CGX car nut:

In somewhat related news, when Audi USA released its updates for MY2023, the R8 is conspicuously absent.  Looks like the V10 is coming to an end at Audi and Lamborghini soon.  

This engine will be missed. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    CGX car nut:

Big mistakes from Lamborghin for the final hurrahs without hybrid that got me frustrated and decided to cancel:

- STO deserved to have more power 700 ~ 720hp.

- Aventador SVJ should've come with no less than 810 hp and an updated software for much faster shifts with the  ISR Transmission and further more weight reduction. Whoever approved of how it shifts in Automatic and Strada mode deserves to be fired. Lack of low end torque was also a disappointment.

They just don't care when it comes to driving dynamics, the sales advisors are only interested in customers that they want to drag into Ad Personam options and squeeze the hell out of their wallets Smiley

I know that the number is twenty thousand cars (20,000) but it looks like they have built exactly twenty cars (20.000) no tenths, hundredths, or thousandths of a car.

Gladstone:

I know that the number is twenty thousand cars (20,000) but it looks like they have built exactly twenty cars (20.000) no tenths, hundredths, or thousandths of a car.

Simple translation issue. Try dates next. 

BiTurbo:
    Rossi:
    CGX car nut:

Big mistakes from Lamborghin for the final hurrahs without hybrid that got me frustrated and decided to cancel:

- STO deserved to have more power 700 ~ 720hp.

- Aventador SVJ should've come with no less than 810 hp and an updated software for much faster shifts with the  ISR Transmission and further more weight reduction. Whoever approved of how it shifts in Automatic and Strada mode deserves to be fired. Lack of low end torque was also a disappointment.

They just don't care when it comes to driving dynamics, the sales advisors are only interested in customers that they want to drag into Ad Personam options and squeeze the hell out of their wallets Smiley

I am actually very happy about it. Smiley Some used Performante sell for over 280k EUR here, way more than what I paid for. It is finally clear to many that the Performante is not only one of the sporty Huracan models but the sporty Huracan model, even in comparison with the STO.

When I switch to Corsa mode, the Perfomante suddenly feels and sounds like one of those older Lambos, with mechanical noises, shaking and whatever, it feels and sounds "raw". No such thing in the STO I'm afraid. 

There is also a reason Lamborghini never posted a Nordschleife time for the STO...strong rumors suggest it is a tiny bit slower than the Performante. Smiley Maybe Bridgestone wasn't the best choice for the STO. Smiley

The V10 engine is at it's power end with 640 hp, unless you want to sacrifice reliability. There is a reason why Audi couldn't squeeze out more than 620 hp with their particulate filter.

The STO deserved 50 kg lower weight and better tires. My opinion. Still, a great car which looks and drives amazing. It lacks the "rawness" of the Performante in Corsa mode though, it feels too tame and the sound is also muted at certain rev ranges (which is pretty annoying because the exhaust valve opens/closes very noticeable) but this can be (illegally) fixed with a valve mod. 

Funny, the 5 years old Performante outperforms the Evo, the STO and the Tecnica and it feels and sounds better than all of them. I guess I chose wisely. Smiley

Another good thing about the Performante: Production numbers. The car was never limited but Lamborghini probably never produced more than 1500 Coupes. Considering how many were already crashed, I'd say that around 1400 Coupes are still around, maybe even less. Just compare these numbers with the 991.2 GT3 RS for example or even the new STO. Right now, Lamborghini is basically producing only STOs and Tecnica. In the end, I think there are going to be over 2000 produced STO and while there are going to be less Tecnica, I doubt that this car really impresses anyone. 

-

RC:

There is also a reason Lamborghini never posted a Nordschleife time for the STO...strong rumors suggest it is a tiny bit slower than the Performante. Smiley Maybe Bridgestone wasn't the best choice for the STO. Smiley

So what's the "secret" of the Performante? Smiley

AWD? P Zero Corsa? ALA? Or a mixture of all? Smiley

--

Rossi:

Just RC bought it, that's enough...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Rossi:

IMG_0054.ICO

--

the-missile:
    Rossi:

That too of course... Smiley but honestly, I think the secret of the Performante is the fact that Lamborghini decided to develop a record car for the Nordschleife and ALA certainly was (and still is) something very special. Active aerodynamics are not something new Lamborghini invented but ALA was on a different level when the Performante came out in 2017. I actually think that with the right tires, the Performante could beat the SVJ record. 

The tires are in my opinion Lamborghini's biggest weakness and Porsche's biggest strength. I don't know why, maybe it has something to do with VW Group model politics or it is simply about development priorities, I don't have a clue. Smiley

There is a reason Lamborghini didn't use ALA for a new Huracan model but for the more expensive Aventador SVJ only. ALA is a very reliable system (never had issues with it, never heard of issues with it) but it is not cheap. 

Also, keep in mind that the Performante has been certified and homologated in 2017. The car is based on the "old" Huracan, not the new Evo. The newer cars have different homologations, even if it is based on the "old" Huracan. New emissions and pedestrians/etc. crash protection laws certainly influenced newer models and made them slightly heavier as well.

Overall, I think we were just lucky with the Performante. Lamborghini gave the development engineers some money and freedom and they did their best with it, also maybe because the regular Huracan was feeling some tough competition, not only from Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche but also from the Audi R8.

After the Huracan started to be in demand again, the Evo came and the prices went up. Just compare the base price of the Performante with the one of the Evo. Shocking, isn't it?! 

I think that Lamborghini made a mistake by not giving the Evo active aerodynamics similar to the Performante. Our luck again...I guess.

Last but not least, yes...AWD. It is just amazing how you can accelerate even shortly before you exit a turn, the traction on this car is just out of this world. I drive it in Corsa mode all the time, even in winter or in rain and I just love the AWD. Very good an neutral setup and it is the neutral setup which actually allowed mind blowing performance through twists and turns.

--

the-missile:
    Rossi:

Was about to make the same joke Smiley

Enmanuel:
    the-missile:
    Rossi:

Joke? Just look at the facts (and drive a Performante) and you'll understand that sometimes, arrogancy is based on facts. Smiley Smiley You may not like them of course but that's not my problem. 

--

RC:
    Enmanuel:
    the-missile:
    Rossi:

Joke? Just look at the facts (and drive a Performante) and you'll understand that sometimes, arrogancy is based on facts. Smiley Smiley You may not like them of course but that's not my problem. 

We're just messing with you RC Smiley , but since you offered, yeah I'll take a drive in your Performante if I'm ever in the neighborhood Smiley

Whenever you're in Germany, drop me a PM. Would love to meet (after the "failed" attempts in the US.

I know that you guys love to mess with me but since I can afford one supercar only, I chose the Performante for a very good reason. If I had the (financial) freedom to choose more cars, I would probably add a 765LT Spyder, a F90, a GT4 RS and maybe the new GT3 RS and of course a STO to my garage. I have a few more on my list, like the Urus or the new Mercedes SL (not necessarily supercars) but overall, if I had to choose again, I would choose the Performante again.

--

I have always considered your car a fabulous choice for all the reasons you provide. Clearly they are messing with you. 
    Midlife crisis. We have all been there. Hang in there - maybe we need a thread, I bet there would be 100% agreement in that one. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM