Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Short Review

schmoell:

Congrats Eric and thanks for the pictures and your impressions. It it wasn't for the depreciation I'd already changed the Tesla for the Taycan, but I already burned my fingers. Will have a look again in autumn when the sport turismo is released (maybe).
    btw SWMBO and myself will have 20yr anniversary in 2 weeks

Any cake? Smiley

Congrats! Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Nothing sweet for us. Thinking about giving my wife the Pulitzer price, Fields medal or a Nobel price for living with me for so long 😁

My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary on April 18.  Behind every great man is a woman who thinks he’s an idiot...

Wonderbar:

My wife and I celebrated our 28th anniversary on April 18.  Behind every great man is a woman who thinks he’s an idiot...

That made my day. Thank you Smiley

schmoell:
    Wonderbar:

That made my day. Thank you Smiley

Smiley Congratulations to both of you .  We also should get medals , but it is something we can't mention Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

And RC, thank you for telling me how to load my profile pic. I took this picture at the WEC race in Austin Texas two years ago. It’s a 919 coming out of the pits. My son and I went to the race and had a great time together.

Wonderbar:

And RC, thank you for telling me how to load my profile pic. I took this picture at the WEC race in Austin Texas two years ago. It’s a 919 coming out of the pits. My son and I went to the race and had a great time together.

Certainly one of the most impressive cars ever built and even more after Porsche "opened it up". Recently I had the chance to sit in an LMP1 car and after that my RS felt like a bus :)

schmoell:

Nothing sweet for us. Thinking about giving my wife the Pulitzer price, Fields medal or a Nobel price for living with me for so long 😁

As long as it's not the Silver Medal... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Wonderbar:

Smiley Smiley Congrats. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Rossi:
    schmoell:

As long as it's not the Silver Medal... Smiley

Or the silver bullet... Smiley Smiley

--

Wonderbar:

My pleasure Smiley but...funny story...I have admin rights and cannot upload/change my own profile pic. Smiley Smiley Seems to be a bug. Smiley I guess Porsche secretly paid the software developer, so I cannot change my profile pic. Smiley

--

RC:
    Wonderbar:

My pleasure Smiley but...funny story...I have admin rights and cannot upload/change my own profile pic. Smiley Smiley Seems to be a bug. Smiley I guess Porsche secretly paid the software developer, so I cannot change my profile pic. Smiley

User error Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

RC:
    Wonderbar:

--

Yes but your wife wants to fix it for you by getting a black GT3... Avatar now correctSmiley

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

4trac:
    RC:
    Wonderbar:

--

Yes but your wife wants to fix it for you by getting a black GT3... Avatar now correctSmiley

Smiley Smiley

The GT3 idea has died. Dealer doesn't want to go down further with the offer. I guess he thinks he can sell the car fast. Not so sure about it, especially in the current market but who knows?! 

My wife waits now for the 992 GT3 and will decide afterwards what she wants. Sounds reasonable. 
    Dealer offered her a very nice 992 C4 Coupe, fully loaded, for a very attractive lease rate (for 18 months) but it doesn't make any sense for her. She wanted something special but the 992 C4 Coupe is just another 911 and she doesn't want it. I get it, even if I had to admit that I would be tempted. 18 months aren't a long time.

Dealer also hinted at possible Taycan "incentives" (lease) in the near future, so this could be interesting for me. I could see myself driving a Taycan Turbo or Turbo S as a business car but not for 3000 EUR a month. Smiley

--

SportAuto tested the Taycan turbo s in their latest edition.

Key statements:

- Overall they like the car a lot it seems, however:
    - Initial understeer, a lot of oversteer coming out of corners
    - They state that more than 4 laps (their test track was about 2min long) are problematical...
    - Range drops enormously when you use the full power...
    - Still, they write, a 991 GT3 RS would be 2-3 (!) faster on the track they used...

- It will be a long time until electrical cars can compete with regular sports cars

Well Smiley

0-100kph: 2.8s
    0-200kph: 9.6s
    200kph-0: 134.2m

MKSGR:

Key statements:

- They state that more than 4 laps (their test track was about 2min long) are problematical...
    - Still, they write, a 991 GT3 RS would be 2-3 (!) faster on the track they used...

- It will be a long time until electrical cars can compete with regular sports cars

Well Smiley

Why they would compare the car to a track ca (GT3 RS) is a mystery to me. Smiley

Everything else is true (the oversteer is probably only an issue on the track, I guess the tires cannot handle the torque and/or excessive weight at some point, didn't have any traction or serious understeer/oversteer issues) but I wish they would mention the price tag as well. The Taycan Turbo S is way too expensive for the range it offers. With double the range of the Tesla S Performance, maybe but this would probably increase the weight by 300 kg. Smiley 

--

RC:
    MKSGR:

Key statements:

Well Smiley

Why they would compare the car to a track ca (GT3 RS) is a mystery to me. Smiley

They probably mentioned this as many EV fans like us to believe that these heavy EV pigs are competition to real sportscars Smiley

I loved (I really mean it) the Taycan Turbo S but it could never replace any sports car. I would probably prefer even an Audi TT RS over the Taycan Turbo S and it isn't even a real sports car. Smiley 

--

On a related note Tesla just sent a free upgrade to the S adding performance.  Not that it matters but it may be a better comparison than a gt3 RS. Btw off by a few seconds against an RS is bad ass. 

Leawood911:

On a related note Tesla just sent a free upgrade to the S adding performance.  Not that it matters but it may be a better comparison than a gt3 RS. Btw off by a few seconds against an RS is bad ass. 

depends where is the few seconds, on the NS, yeah outstanding perf for a pig.

on Hockenheim, it is very bad...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Probably the wrong thread, but WTF. Came across these 1973 pics when a buddy and I (on left) were racing off road in Baja, Mexico.  We were junior members of a team with Parnelli Jones, Bill Stroppe and Walker Evans. And we are still alive!  BTW, the Ford truck was mostly fiberglass and had over 550hp.  It was great off road, but hell on pavement.

IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg

Seems perfectly on topic for rennteam. 

Leawood911:

Seems perfectly on topic for rennteam. 

👍😂

--

Great period hairstyles which look like lockdown ones now  angry

They compared the Taycan to the RS because of price. Both are similarly priced. The RS is far away the best performing car I have ever owned.

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

nberry:

They compared the Taycan to the RS because of price. Both are similarly priced. The RS is far away the best performing car I have ever owned.

Panamara Turbo S would be a better comparison. 
    What are the odds the Porsche will ever see a power or range increase come via over the air update? Let me know when this happens. 

Leawood911:
    nberry:

Panamara Turbo S would be a better comparison. 
    What are the odds the Porsche will ever see a power or range increase come via over the air update? Let me know when this happens. 

This is the only thing I really like about Elon Musk: He thinks like a nerd. Smiley

--

Leawood911:

0% Smiley Chances that there will be power upgrade etc with next FL (in bout 3 years): 100%. Porsche will always stay  Porsche Smiley

MKSGR:
    Leawood911:

0% Smiley Chances that there will be power upgrade etc with next FL (in bout 3 years): 100%. Porsche will always stay  Porsche Smiley

That sounds like you are happy about it. Weird

You would think they might have learned something.  We will see how they do. 
    Given that they silence exhausts during oil changes if they feel like it I would not be surprised if the take power away if they see cars wearing out components. 

Leawood911:
    MKSGR:
    Leawood911:

That sounds like you are happy about it. Weird

You would think they might have learned something.  We will see how they do. 
    Given that they silence exhausts during oil changes if they feel like it I would not be surprised if the take power away if they see cars wearing out components. 

Updates for free would be better for sure. But we all know Porsche Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688849 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408839 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255595 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234840 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65434 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857692 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773600 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM