Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

Based on the UK first-drive reviews, it sounds like Honda are going to sell a few of these... Smiley

...cool styling! Smiley

Whoopsy 
    Find me and EV Kia that rips to 60 in 3 seconds and then you can compare range. Ridiculous to the other extreme. I get it. 

Leawood911:

Whoopsy 
    Find me and EV Kia that rips to 60 in 3 seconds and then you can compare range. Ridiculous to the other extreme. I get it. 

Haha, but as a basic transportation device, 0-60 in 3 seconds is pointless, just as pointless as another car that will do 1.something g lateral. My Audi can do neither yet it's perfectly fine as a city car.

I much prefer the other pointless thing, the lateral Gs, so I will pick the Porsche still Smiley My ClubSport is slower than any of my other Prosches to 60 yet I had the most fun in it, it has the least HP too. 

You have no idea how much fun it is to go only 50% and get passengers wanting to puke on track. I am up to like 8 now, the record is 14 and counting. 

--

The lateral Gs in the model3 are plenty. Much closer to the Taycan than the Model S. Better than my Turbo and much more useable on the street. 
    And you can ask Gladstone - lots of my passengers vow to never ride with me again. After almost a million 911 miles I can late brake and turn in with the best of them. 😀. We are such kids behind the wheel. I get we like to have the same fun and I remain convinced you would enjoy my little model3 more than you imagine.  Others here who own them concur so trust me that my motifs are just as a friend passing in my amazement.  As a true Porsche fan!

Anyone buy a Tesla stock this year? If so, I hope you held on to it. It’s on a rocket ship. 

--

Having everything is nice, but it's even nicer to make sure everything you've got is actually worth having.

General Motors this Sunday, during the Super Bowl, will preview its newest EV, the GMC Hummer truck.  Looks like Tesla has more competition.  https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

CGX car nut:

General Motors this Sunday, during the Super Bowl, will preview its newest EV, the GMC Hummer truck.  Looks like Tesla has more competition.  https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

1000 hp...my next family car. SmileySmiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    CGX car nut:

1000 hp...my next family car. SmileySmiley

With electric machines, power is proportional to the battery pack capacity and discharge rates, so 1000 bhp isn't unrealistic, especially if the design feature three or four independent electric machines.  Lincoln announced a couple of days ago to introduce an EV SUV based on the Rivian platform and Ford is working on an EV-based F-150-type pickup.  GM is also working on an EV pickup truck and there were previous rumors about the Cadillac Escalade being an EV too.

Rivian, itself, is well-funded and has a firm order from Amazon, also an investor in the company, for 100,000 delivery vans.  Arrival, a UK-based EV start-up, announced today that it has received an order of 20,000 delivery vans from UPS.  

Tesla has more and more competition with each passing day.

Hmm, Tesla may have something going here.

https://apple.news/ApiJRp6v-T3GEAgY9FTg2lQ

--

Having everything is nice, but it's even nicer to make sure everything you've got is actually worth having.

How far do the electric cars go?

So that the test was as fair as possible, all the vehicles were subjected to the same conditions: full but cold batteries at the start of the trip, constant 21 ° C climate control , heated seats connected at their lowest level ... What were the results obtained? It is possible that more than one gets a surprise

KM in the test:

% WLTP:

I don't have a dog in this fight but I post both sides. This one is concerning and confirms what others have written.

ford-mach-e-better-than-tesla

--

Nothing new. Everyone knows build quality is not a priority for Tesla, technology is. Their satisfied customers are willing for that trade off.

Just like any other brands, buyers prioritize different things, and they go for different brands and products, beauty of free market, people are free to choose with their money.

--

A ford engineer?  Hmmm. Ford the paragon of quality. Lol. Tesla has state of the art processes and is continuing to improve constantly and vertically integrating. Build quality is easy to improve a cult following or selling cars with zero marketing budget not so much. Of course that was not their priority at first but it’s the easiest thing to remedy and they in fact have done that long ago.  Even this guy marvels at the engineering Tesla can do which no one else can.  He does not even touch on any of the other parts of a Tesla that the Mustang does not even try to do.  We will see how things shake out. As I recall I mentioned that Tesla would be a $1000 stock while whoopsy said they were worth 160-180. 
    This article would hardly worry me. Silly to thinks so, but a fair portrait of the other side and how little they have going for them.  Let’s review when the Taycan, mustang or e golf sell even 10,000

Leawood911:

A ford engineer?  Hmmm. Ford the paragon of quality. Lol. Tesla has state of the art processes and is continuing to improve constantly and vertically integrating. Build quality is easy to improve a cult following or selling cars with zero marketing budget not so much. Of course that was not their priority at first but it’s the easiest thing to remedy and they in fact have done that long ago.  Even this guy marvels at the engineering Tesla can do which no one else can.  He does not even touch on any of the other parts of a Tesla that the Mustang does not even try to do.  We will see how things shake out. As I recall I mentioned that Tesla would be a $1000 stock while whoopsy said they were worth 160-180. 
    This article would hardly worry me. Silly to thinks so, but a fair portrait of the other side and how little they have going for them.  Let’s review when the Taycan, mustang or e golf sell even 10,000

I still think that's still the proper valuation of Tesla Smiley

--

As it climbs past $800. 😎 maybe you should short it now. 

Leawood911:

I never bet against irrational people Smiley

--

Almost hit $950 today.  Could it be that you are wrong - just sometimes of course?

Leawood911:

Almost hit $950 today.  Could it be that you are wrong - just sometimes of course?

He is right... Same as Bitcoin...

Leawood911:

Of course I could be wrong, another reason why I don't invest in their stock anymore. I actually haven't touch it since it crossover $140.

it doesn't concern me no matter their stock price. 

I know I will miss out on 'easy money'. But in reality there is no easy money, money is hard earned. On the flip side, I won't lose my pants either.

When I pick stocks, I check the financials and underlying business plans, if those doesn't sound right to me, I won't touch them. I made my money already, I am not about to lose them for no reason. 

--

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

"Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent"

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mithras:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

Metalgesellschaft readily comes to mind.  A good friend along with his Nobel laureate PhD advisor wrote the definitive treatise on that event.

Mithras:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

Exactly, that's why I stay away from irrational stocks. 

--

Whoopsy:
    Mithras:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

Exactly, that's why I stay away from irrational stocks. 

I stay away from anything where consumer sentiment is more important than underlying fundamentals. ie "name" stocks like Tesla, Lululemon, Starbucks, Facebook. A fickle fan base can value or devalue a stock for little to no reason. 

There's a reason I'm in real estate!

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

Of course I could be wrong, another reason why I don't invest in their stock anymore. I actually haven't touch it since it crossover $140.

it doesn't concern me no matter their stock price. 

I know I will miss out on 'easy money'. But in reality there is no easy money, money is hard earned. On the flip side, I won't lose my pants either.

When I pick stocks, I check the financials and underlying business plans, if those doesn't sound right to me, I won't touch them. I made my money already, I am not about to lose them for no reason. 

Nice to see the Warren Buffett approach being applied in an era when people want to ‘get rich quick’ and just follow the crowd blindly... :)

Amazon anyone

--

Tesla Model S P100d. 2018 991.2 GT3. 2019 BMW M850i Convertible. 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance. 2020 Aston Martin Vantage. 2020 Mclaren 720S coupe. 🥳

Interesting. Cars should not accelerate too fast or they are no fun and stocks which gain too much are no good.  It could not possibly be that there is a very rational shift from gas to electric cars?  Too funny. I have heard it all now.  Back in the horse and buggy days you guys would have made fun of cars coming down the road too. 
    something tells me if you had invested in Tesla at $200 back in June you would be telling us how brilliant your analysis was. Lol. 
    My family made its fortune generations ago. We understand the market too. There are portions of ones investments which are meant to be risked and some not. That simple.  
    sometimes you guys make me smile other times I can’t stop laughing.  Fine. I was wrong about Tesla stock. It is not worth more than what Whoopsy says it is.   Are we cool?

The bigger and faster the rise, the deeper the fall. I still believe there will be a strong correction on the stock markets and I also believe it is going to be more devastating than I thought. It could happen in conjunction with some very bad news from China or with the presidential elections in the US, I don't know but right now, I would be very very careful. Yes, I'm a pussy when it comes to stock market risks but I want to sleep well at night and don't have the millions to play with others (may) have. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

The bigger and faster the rise, the deeper the fall. I still believe there will be a strong correction on the stock markets and I also believe it is going to be more devastating than I thought. It could happen in conjunction with some very bad news from China or with the presidential elections in the US, I don't know but right now, I would be very very careful. Yes, I'm a pussy when it comes to stock market risks but I want to sleep well at night and don't have the millions to play with others (may) have. 

I'm afraid we are only starting to hear and see some of the impacts of the coronavirus in China and the economic impacts on the global supply chain. This is probably the time to keep some cash on the sidelines. 

--

2016 Porsche 991 Carrera GTS  Black with AeroKit Cup Package,  2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum  Purpurite Metallic, New York

Whoopsy:

Nothing new. Everyone knows build quality is not a priority for Tesla, technology is. Their satisfied customers are willing for that trade off.

https://insideevs.com/news/397286/tesla-model-3-loose-bolts/

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

https://insideevs.com/news/397286/tesla-model-3-loose-bolts/

There is no such problems and the article and author are spreading FUD.   Unlike fossil fuel cars from the failing dinosaur automakers, Teslas are upgraded using over-the-air patching.  /s

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759202 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433559 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259663 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256801 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80523 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5304 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870534 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805461 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM