Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Toyota Yaris GR

bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

Soon we will have more GR than RS indecision

Superpowers is beginning to get a itch too Smiley

From outright dismissal to “no lease because it is a keeper” Smiley

Smiley,

How many miles on the GT4, buddy ?

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

throt:
    bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

Smiley,

The manliest of all GT cars on this forum is in winter sleep. It is not ideal conditions for Cup 2 tires Smiley I might get a second set of wheels with winter tires. 

How is your GT3 doing? Are you driving it in the winter months?

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

WAY:
    nberry:
    WAY:

But does Nick approve? Is it so unsafe that it’s not sold in the US?

in all seriousness though, the attraction of the Yaris to many supercar owners is that it is actually very powerful and fast. The same can’t be said about the Fiesta even if it may be more fun (in a FWD hot hatch sort of way). 

I approve of you buying one. Let us know when you take delivery. SmileySmiley

I did already order a Yaris like a few others here. 

Smiley What is the cost of the car including Australian taxes?Smiley

--

The only easy day was yesterday..

bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

Smiley,

The manliest of all GT cars on this forum is in winter sleep. It is not ideal conditions for Cup 2 tires Smiley I might get a second set of wheels with winter tires. 

How is your GT3 doing? Are you driving it in the winter months?

Of course, buddy, of course and on the so called ""summer tyres" - Cup 2's.Smiley

throt carries speed, smoothly, minimal wheel inputs, bud Smiley

I love my Bessie, Smiley Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

nberry:
    WAY:
    nberry:
    WAY:

in all seriousness though, the attraction of the Yaris to many supercar owners is that it is actually very powerful and fast. The same can’t be said about the Fiesta even if it may be more fun (in a FWD hot hatch sort of way). 

A$56,200 is the price I got it for. 

Are dealers handing discounts on them in Australia? Here it's take it or leave it at the moment.

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Here you can get 6% if you buy it trough your business. Otherwise no discount . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

This is the way.

Porker:

Are dealers handing discounts on them in Australia? Here it's take it or leave it at the moment.

Not a chance. They initially released 1000 of the base cars at a special price and that got snapped up in a week. Then they released another 400 and at 12% more expensive and that was gone in a month. Then they released 200 circuit pack cars and they were all already pre-sold before released. So if you want to order one now it will be dependant on Toyota securing more cars for Australia in late 2021. For such a small market we sure have sold a lot of GR Yaris here. 

WAY:
    Porker:

Not a chance. They initially released 1000 of the base cars at a special price and that got snapped up in a week. Then they released another 400 and at 12% more expensive and that was gone in a month. Then they released 200 circuit pack cars and they were all already pre-sold before released. So if you want to order one now it will be dependant on Toyota securing more cars for Australia in late 2021. For such a small market we sure have sold a lot of GR Yaris here. 

GR’s, causing bunfights then Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Enmanuel:
    bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

This is the way.

Mandalorian fan??? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:
    Enmanuel:
    bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

This is the way.

I have spoken. 

WAY:
    nberry:
    WAY:
    nberry:
    WAY:

I don’t know what other cars you own. How will you use the Yaris. Is it a DD or a track car?Smiley

--

The only easy day was yesterday..

Enmanuel:
    RC:
    Enmanuel:
    bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

This is the way.

I have spoken

Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

RC:
    Enmanuel:
    RC:
    Enmanuel:
    bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

This is the way.

I have spoken

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I threw out a GOT reference somewhere too, but nobody took the bait Smiley

nberry:
    WAY:
    nberry:
    WAY:
    nberry:
    WAY:

I don’t know what other cars you own. How will you use the Yaris. Is it a DD or a track car?Smiley

it has a passenger seat, so one can transport someone. It has a boot, so one can go shopping. If one wants to track it, it doesn't mind. 

Like a Toyota version of a GT3RS? Smiley

--

Enmanuel:
    RC:
    Enmanuel:
    RC:
    Enmanuel:
    bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

This is the way.

I have spoken

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I saw it, on dreamcar's New Forest pictures thread, I remember cause GOT popped into my mind as well when dc was talking about the kings hunting accidents in the forest and then chuckled at your reference SmileySmiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    Enmanuel:
    RC:
    Enmanuel:
    RC:
    Enmanuel:
    bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

This is the way.

I have spoken

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I saw it, on dreamcar's New Forest pictures thread, I remember cause GOT popped into my mind as well when dc was talking about the kings hunting accidents in the forest and then chuckled at your reference SmileySmiley

Olenna tyrell GIF - Find on GIFER

Carlos from Spain:
    Enmanuel:
    RC:
    Enmanuel:
    RC:
    Enmanuel:
    bluelines:
    throt:
    bluelines:

This is the way.

I have spoken

Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

Believe it or not, guys but I never watched more than six GOT episodes (season one). Got bored. Smiley Smiley

Maybe I should try again but right now, I am (re)watching 24 with my wife, she has never seen Jack Bauer in action. Smiley

--

GoT is an epic epic series, they didn't do the best job at wrapping up the series in the last season but still, it's one of the best TV series of all time. Give it another try.

My wife is also watching 24, she asked me about an action series to watch and told her to check out 24, she hadn't seen Jack Bauer in action either, she loves it.

--

Carlos from Spain:

GoT is an epic epic series, they didn't do the best job at wrapping up the series in the last season but still, it's one of the best TV series of all time. Give it another try.

The ending indeed was unworthy of the series.

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

+1 terrible

Carlos from Spain:

I will... Smiley

My wife is also watching 24, she asked me about an action series to watch and told her to check out 24, she hadn't seen Jack Bauer in action either, she loves it.

My wife loves 24 too, never thought she would enjoy it. Who needs Chuck Norris when we have Jack Bauer? Smiley

Next is...The Unit. Smiley

--

I've never seen 24, didn't really get my attention after watching the first episode. 

GOT if great but I can see why the start of season 1 could be hard to get into. Once it gets going it's very solid.

I just watched a show called Counterpart on Prime video, highly recommend for anyone that likes slow burning, well acted eerie tv. It's also very interesting that, when they wrote and shot this, the worst thing they could imagine happening to society was a virus that decimated the population and made everyone who survived wear masks all the time. And  now that's our reality. 

Porker:
    Carlos from Spain:

Right? They had so many great plots going that were carefully crafted along the seasons and all of a sucden its like, ok this is the last season lets wrap it quickly, no time to bring it all together, just end it all in a couple of episodes Smiley

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Porker:
    Carlos from Spain:

Right? They had so many great plots going that were carefully crafted along the seasons and all of a sucden its like, ok this is the last season lets wrap it quickly, no time to bring it all together, just end it all in a couple of episodes Smiley

1609952592434Untitled.png

I read the novels by George R.R. Martin. in the beginning I was fascinated, a real page turner. In the end it was tough to finish (at least for for me), I was kind of bored by the story. Somehow the plot ran apart.

Back to the Yaris G:  Is there a TV screen option to watch GOT or 24 (also a series which started very good and ended boring) while stuck in the traffic? 

Enmanuel:

I've never seen 24, didn't really get my attention after watching the first episode. 

The first episode is child's play compared to what is following... Smiley 

GOT if great but I can see why the start of season 1 could be hard to get into. Once it gets going it's very solid.

I really got bored after the sixth episode of season 1. Maybe I should have continued to watch.

I just watched a show called Counterpart on Prime video, highly recommend for anyone that likes slow burning, well acted eerie tv. It's also very interesting that, when they wrote and shot this, the worst thing they could imagine happening to society was a virus that decimated the population and made everyone who survived wear masks all the time. And  now that's our reality. 

Not in the mood to watch a movie about a pandemic. Smiley

--

Itsme:

I read the novels by George R.R. Martin. in the beginning I was fascinated, a real page turner. In the end it was tough to finish (at least for for me), I was kind of bored by the story. Somehow the plot ran apart.

Back to the Yaris G:  Is there a TV screen option to watch GOT or 24 (also a series which started very good and ended boring) while stuck in the traffic? 

Smiley Good deception. Smiley

24 ended boring? Smiley I actually enjoyed all seasons quite a lot (we are watching season 8 right now) and even the London "season" what quite good. If you are looking at what TV offers in this segment, there isn't much right now. Maybe Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime) but nothing else.

--

RC:

Not in the mood to watch a movie about a pandemic. Smiley

It's a show, two seasons. And actually it's not at all about a pandemic, it's just one of the plot devices. It's more a spy thriller. But the acting is superb and it's beautifully shot. I'll put it this way, JK Simmons plays two versions of himself at the same time, how could you not love that?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781484 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442714 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263423 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261790 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85912 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5959 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881546 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819313 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM