Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Opinion on US elections...Read it or IGNORE it...

i had a big post written in here..i red the RC post but i didn't understand it...i'm very sorry...and i really mean this..so i edited this post...

My apologies to the board...

Re: Opinion on US elections...Read it or IGNORE it...

edit, dont worry about it
    cheers amigo

I'm very sorry Moogle but i actually i did ready RC post but i didn't understand...i'm sorry...

?

Tom

RC's post was just links to a couple of short videos that are equally critical of both canidates. They are both very funny and not offensive really. I had downloaded both about a month ago. My son has seen "This Land" so often he sings it all the time.

The election is pretty close but Bush seems to have the edge at this point. I have already "voted early" and I'm not saying how I voted. But I will say that I have found I can make a fairly good Pro Bush/Anti Kerry OR Pro Kerry/Anti Bush argument, depending on who I'm talking to. I think politics is a fun sport and a reasonable diversion. I enjoy it. Too bad it makes many people so angry.

people take themselves too seriously! lighten up, its only the future of the country

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    people take themselves too seriously! lighten up, its only the future of the country

Great way to put it hahaha
    Those videos had me cracking up, especially my land-
    when arnold and clinton popped up -

Quote:
    Moogle said:

Moogle, you're right, but I'll add - if only it was just the future of the US alone, who knows where will get invaded next!

Quote:
    The election is pretty close but Bush seems to have the edge at this point.

Hold on there! Late breaking news! The newest polls show the race tightening up. This could be more exciting than I thought. I may be up all night Tuesday! Maybe we'll have a repeat of the last elections recounts. I bet we don't get any premature concessions like Al gave last time!

In the Gallup poll graph below, Bush is red, Kerry is blue and Nader is ..... well ... I think you can see where Ralph is.

Either way we are in deep stuff. Like no other election before we _think_ our vote will determine the literal future existence of this country. Problem is we don't know fact from fiction about what's really going on. Bigger problem is neither candidate can stop them from Nuking NYC or SFCA etc. When that happens it is "game over" as we know it.

I just can't understand an "undecided" voter. As someone from kerry's home state all i will say is if you knew the massachusetts democratic machine you wouldn't even think of voting for kerry for one second. Why can't the democrats ever nominate a decent middle of the road guy like gephardt?

Tom

Quote:
    racerx said:
    I just can't understand an "undecided" voter. As someone from kerry's home state all i will say is if you knew the massachusetts democratic machine you wouldn't even think of voting for kerry for one second. Why can't the democrats ever nominate a decent middle of the road guy like gephardt?

Tom

That's YOUR opinion.

Politics make a dangerous topic so let's all try to be on our best behavior and not get personal with our remarks.

Perhaps more important than what a politician professes to believe in is his/her personal appeal or charisma. Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton both had tremendous personal appeal and charisma and had very successful terms in office. Either one could clean up in this election if paired with one of our current candidates.

And, I'm not just talking about getting elected. Even after the election the President needs to continue "selling" his plan to the US and world.

Quote:
    racerx said:

Tom

My favorite one about Kerry is how he says that the rich should pay their "fair share" of taxes and he's going to restore the top two tax brackets (the top one going back to 39%). Then they release their 1040 tax forms to the public and you see that "officially", they only paid 12%. Then I looked at the numbers more closely and I estimated that they underrepported their income by a factor of four. So essentially they paid about 3% of taxes. People I work with including myself would like to know how they avoided AMT and paid such a low tax rate

Almost as funny is that there is an option to pay the original tax rate (before Bush cut the rates on most of the brackets) for people who believe that they aren't paying their "fair share". Kerry elected to pay the lower one. The one that he has been against.

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    RC's post was just links to a couple of short videos that are equally critical of both canidates. They are both very funny and not offensive really. I had downloaded both about a month ago. My son has seen "This Land" so often he sings it all the time.

The election is pretty close but Bush seems to have the edge at this point. I have already "voted early" and I'm not saying how I voted. But I will say that I have found I can make a fairly good Pro Bush/Anti Kerry OR Pro Kerry/Anti Bush argument, depending on who I'm talking too. I think politics is a fun sport and a reasonable diversion. I enjoy it. Too bad it makes many people so angry.

Nothing more to add, Gary. Exactly my opinion and this is why I posted the links to the Bush/Kerry songs. I just wanted to cheer people up and make the elections a little bit more fun. Sorry if I offended somebody.

ELECTION DAY!!!!

Let the games begin!

I'm warming up the espresso machine right now, hoping for a late night controversial finish.

I already voted a couple of times this morning.

That's the spirit!

Vote early and vote often!

Quote:
    Holminator said:

I know your sig says MD but you must have voted in ohio. Last night watching the coverage it was reported that 4 counties in ohio have more registered voters than residents.

Tom

Quote:
    Holminator said:

LOL!

im not even a registered voter.... Ahahahahahhahaa

subversion through inaction! take that, government!

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    im not even a registered voter.... Ahahahahahhahaa

subversion through inaction! take that, government!

I just turned 18 this past october - i dont think i met that deadline for registration

some states allow you to register right before you vote, but i dont think cali is one of them

It's over and done, Bush wins hands down-landslide.

Quote:
    danny828 said:
    It's over and done, Bush wins hands down-landslide.

????

It is over and done for Austin's own Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian candidate for United States President. It seems he was not able to get the sort of nationwide support he needed to take the White House.

Some of you may also be interested in how the other candidates fared. Ralph Nader was able to do substantially better than Mr. Badnarik, winning over 380,000 votes nationwide, the last I checked. Unfortunately, that's less than 1% of the vote so he won't be sitting in the Oval Office either.

At 4am CST, the race between Kerry and Bush is still too close to call. Bush has the edge at the moment with 254 electoral votes to Kery's 252. Ohio is a pivitol state that is still very close. Bush presently leads in Ohio with 51% of the vote, a margin of about 150,000. The state has 20 electoral votes, more than enough to put either candidate over the 270 necessary to win. Neither candidate will win by a landslide.

so guys? this is it? bush got it?

Bush's lead in Ohio is small but most of the votes are counted now and it's not likely those remaining to be counted would lean toward Kerry enough to give him the win. So .... yes, Bush seems the likely winner.

The networks are just being conservative after the 2000 fiasco. I was monitoring the tradesports.com website where punters can wager money on the election's outcome. Tradesports traders were giving Bush 80%+ odds of winning way before the networks gave Ohio to Bush. (Fox and NBC now say Bush will carry Ohio)

By the way, Bush broke the all-time popular vote total, Surpassing Reagan.

(Tradesports current odds of Bush winning is about 95%)

gm ,since you are from texas ,i assume you are republican?

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    gm ,since you are from texas ,i assume you are republican?

???????? ????????????

I do live in Texas, which went for Bush in this election and is, as you say, mostly Republican. Non-Republicans have not been evicted though. In fact, the Texas state capitol in Austin, where I live, voted 56% to 42% for Kerry! And, our home town guy, Mr. Badnarik, got 1% of the vote here!

I do not have a personal party affliation and will vote for whoever happens to be the best candidate, regardless of what party they belong to.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755527 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431696 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258891 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255955 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79945 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5266 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869004 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803088 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM