Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

Leawood911:

As I recall Pikes Peak ended badly for you last year so perhaps you should not have mentioned that in your application.
    But don’t feel bad I can’t even get a GT3.  Been one the list since the 997. 

Depends on the point of view, I found a cliff that I can drive of without falling 4000 ft Smiley

In the process, demonstrate the durability of a Porsche race car when the same car is back on the grid the very next day  Smiley

935 WAS a sour spot for me. Frank told me 99% sure I will get one. Head of PCNA same thing, head of Porsche Canada too, and same with head of PMNA. 

The car was suppose to be only for Motorsport VIP customers and there really aren't 77 of those in the world. Well 70. 7 of these are for 'special clients'. 

I have been dealing with Porsche for so long now I know my pecking order, the initial requirement was that one has to be a Motorsport client AND one cannot be a car dealer, that was straight from Weissach.  A quick count in my head I know I am in. The second requirement was a surprise as a lot fo the biggest Porsche Motorsport teams are run by their dealers. initially I was told Chris Pfaff isn't going to get a car as he is a dealer, the biggest Porsche dealer in Canada in fact, but he also ran a very successful race team, that paid Porsche a giant boatloads of money a year, so not a surprised that he would eventually get one, actually the only one in Canada. He really do deserves one. But Manny? Really? 

He tops me by about a million and change in Instagram followers and 3 Bugattis. Dude not even a loyal Porsche guy. 

Likely I will beat him in his GT2RS with say a Panamera on a track. One handed. With a cigarette in hand. And with 4 passengers. 

Now I know where PCNA's priorities lies.

--

Nick, next time you should add a "Youtuber" to your resume smiley

Nick, I understand your frustration but in the end you will remain loyal to Porsche. Your into to them for a few million. That buys you priority which you cannot get from any other manufacturer. You may not get everything you want but certainly almost everything. Smiley

In Porsche circles your a whale. Though I have owned many Porsche’s, in Porsche’s eyes, I’m a minnow. Smiley

--

Having everything is nice, but it's even nicer to make sure everything you've got is actually worth having.

Nick , you actually bought one car from Motorsport and that was only a GT4......
    The cup you drove was rented.  That is not much Motorsport PURCHASE. Probably not enough.   Some people I know are on their 4th or 5 th Cup car and that did not qualify them. 

I also think Porsche is needs to have at least one client that does not drive the car and just collect it , promotes it , keeping it for future auctions  . 

don’t get me wrong, I would of much preferred you to have it , 77 cars is not much and they are lots of pretenders .... and some bad  sharks  out there 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Nick , you actually bought one car from Motorsport and that was only a GT4......
    The cup you drove was rented.  That is not much Motorsport PURCHASE. Probably not enough.   Some people I know are on their 4th or 5 th Cup car and that did not qualify them. 

I also think Porsche is needs to have at least one client that does not drive the car and just collect it , promotes it , keeping it for future auctions  . 

don’t get me wrong, I would of much preferred you to have it , 77 cars is not much and they are lots of pretenders .... and some bad  sharks  out there 

--

True, but I also paid them a boat load to do PRE level one and two. 

Adding all the driving courses and 918 events I have done with them they have about another million and change from me already.

They had a few of those clients in Switzerland already even if we don't count Seinfeld.Smiley

--

Allocations were set for North America or US and Canada separately?   If the latter, perhaps there was not enough interest in the US to sell out the allocation and the reason Manny received one. 

CGX car nut:

Allocations were set for North America or US and Canada separately?   If the latter, perhaps there was not enough interest in the US to sell out the allocation and the reason Manny received one. 

The car was oversubscribed in US as well.  77 worldwide is very few...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Agree that 77 is a small batch, but once the base was analyzed, there may have been few that met the initial requirements.  

CGX car nut:

Allocations were dished out from Weissach. Everyone send in their application form directly to Germany, local regional HQ are not suppose to be involved as the form do not pass through them. They are only notified that they have a client applying.

As I said before, this is a Motorsport limited number car, completely separate from the retail side, so no region get a set allocation. It doesn't matter if one is a complete whale on the retail side, if you are not a Motorsport client, you are not SUPPOSE to have one.

This is why it was so frustrating for me earlier. Weissach, Porsche AG, PMNA, PCNA and Porsche Canada all reminded me to send my application form. I got turned down yet he gets one. Either he have UNBELIEVABLE connections with Porsche, or he bought a flipper car. Which, is also not suppose to happen as the whole reason for Weissach to allocate cars directly is to weed out flippers. They did failed though, my 3rd party Porsche race car sales contact had a couple of these listed for sale. Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:

Allocations were dished out from Weissach. Everyone send in their application form directly to Germany, local regional HQ are not suppose to be involved as the form do not pass through them. They are only notified that they have a client applying.

As I said before, this is a Motorsport limited number car, completely separate from the retail side, so no region get a set allocation. It doesn't matter if one is a complete whale on the retail side, if you are not a Motorsport client, you are not SUPPOSE to have one.

This is why it was so frustrating for me earlier. Weissach, Porsche AG, PMNA, PCNA and Porsche Canada all reminded me to send my application form. I got turned down yet he gets one. Either he have UNBELIEVABLE connections with Porsche, or he bought a flipper car. Which, is also not suppose to happen as the whole reason for Weissach to allocate cars directly is to weed out flippers. They did failed though, my 3rd party Porsche race car sales contact had a couple of these listed for sale. Smiley

Strange and understand your frustration.   I would be quite angry too.  

Now if James of GMG Racing don't even get a 935, how in the world can Manny gets one? 

Manny didn't even make PCNA's own private collector list btw. They do keep track of their collectors, most of which no one heard of as they are all very very very low key.

--

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

As I recall Pikes Peak ended badly for you last year so perhaps you should not have mentioned that in your application.
    But don’t feel bad I can’t even get a GT3.  Been one the list since the 997. 

935 WAS a sour spot for me. Frank told me 99% sure I will get one. Head of PCNA same thing, head of Porsche Canada too, and same with head of PMNA. 

That's not true, I've not said anything of the sort. I just said your car smelled funny....

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

The whole point of being exclusive is to bend the rules in some cases.  By complaining you just feed the process in a way which actually benefits Porsche.  This is not about fairness it is a power play. By skipping over whoopsy they demonstrate that this is so exclusive that they don’t even care about customers like him. This is like when my country club would not allow a certain local billionaire who owned a baseball team to join. This made all the existing members feel extra special.  The more whoopsy goes on the more guys like Manny will enjoy their cars. And Porsche elevates it’s status of being so aloof as to note care about customers like Nick. It may not seem like it to Nick but they made the smart play. Nick is playing into their hand by telling us about it and being upset.  It might be a better idea to just let it go and perhaps post some good tesla news. That’s what I do since they won’t give me a gt3. 

Some US dealers may play that game but this one happens to be a direct Motorsport allocation. Most likely be bought it off a flipper that got through the filter.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

There must be some crooked dealer or first hand buyer who played dirty in order to get Manny a car. 
    with a very big premium. 
    As to Whoopsy not getting one , if we stick to what Porsche was asking in order to get one   , he does not qualify . Even if millions was spent on road cars. But I do understand his frustration and feeling about being dismissed.  In his shoes I would of also tried to get one and the plan he had with it was great. 
    I know a guy who is on his 2 Nd Cup GT3 R and about 3 regular cups. Has raced for the last 10’years. Did he qualify for one ? 
    there are many customers who have spent over a million in Cup cars. I know at least 4 or 5 of them. They change Cup cars every two years , each time about 200k , and have been doing so for many years. Racing also each seasons, at least 10 years in a row. 
    One of them being my brother. 
    Many people could pretend that they qualify to get one. 
    Many probably don’t have the cash to do so indecision

--

Regardless of Porsche’s selection criteria, it will not suffer any negative consequences. Do they care that some of their best customers did not get selected? Of course they do. Yet, they know people like Nick isn’t going anywhere and in the future they will take of him. He is playing with house money now. indecision

--

Having everything is nice, but it's even nicer to make sure everything you've got is actually worth having.

We know that Porsche and the dealer network can occasionally make mistakes with allocations, as is clear when a percentage of limited edition models appear for sale with only delivery miles! Smiley

In the future, Porsche should ask potential customers to complete a short survey... Smiley

1. Are you a registered member of Rennteam?
    2. How long have you been a member of Rennteam?
    3. How many posts have you made on Rennteam?
    4. Have you ever been banned from Rennteam?
    5. What is your username on Rennteam?
    6. What is your official title on Rennteam?
    7. What is your official teamgeist rating on Rennteam?
    8. Will you open a new thread about your new Porsche on Rennteam?
    9. How many Porsche cars have you personally owned?
    10. How many miles in total have you driven in your Porsche cars?
    11. How many cumulative years of Porsche car ownership?
    12. How many Porsche cars do you personally own?
    13. Have you ever sold a Porsche within one year of purchase?
    14. Do you know Frank Walliser or Andreas Preuninger?
    15. Do you own a racetrack?

...time to start a Rennteam petition for Whoopsy to get allocated a Porsche 935 special edition! Smiley

hahaha

A one and only official Rennteam edition ,  number 78  👍🤘

--

Well maybe I will go find a original 935 instead...................

--

Whoopsy:

Well maybe I will go find a original 935 instead...................

That would be very cool (but probably pretty scary to drive and not as reliable or safe as the newer one)

But at least you'd get a proper dry sump race motor and it would weigh 900 pounds less Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_935

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

The old 935 is not so slow either.  7:37 at the Ring when it was 2 km longer and generally much slower overall (before many revisions to the track) and on tire technology from 4 decades ago.  Would probably be well under 7 minutes today with new slicks.

https://christophorus.porsche.com/en/2019/390/laptime-manfred-schurti-935-nuerburgring-nordschleife-1976-17101.html

--

Whoopsy:

They had a few of those clients in Switzerland already even if we don't count Seinfeld.Smiley

Eey, I turned my 77th slot down due to lack of ISOFIX. Had I known you wanted one you could have had my slot Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    Whoopsy:

Eey, I turned my 77th slot down due to lack of ISOFIX. Had I known you wanted one you could have had my slot Smiley

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

You must have missed the email they sent out saying Exclusiv could do one for you in stitched leather wrapped titanium.

--

When I got delivery of my GT2 WP it came with the standard wheels, however, the Dubai dealer gave me an offer I couldn't refuse for the Mag wheels and I purchased them. Now with 2 sets of wheels I decided to experiment with the original ones. I was a bit hesitant as to which color should I paint them but they turned out quite nice. 

gt2whitewheels.jpeggt2jais.jpeg

Whoopsy:

I had great plans for a 935 had I gotten one. Which I told them in my application form. My car is definitely not going to be stashed somewhere in a warehouse like Manny's. 

I would have run it at Pikes Peak next year and be the first to do it in one.

It would probably also be the showcase car at my track, customers and guests' track taxi. 

perhaps also race it in series somewhere.

All in my track's livery.

It's ok, I am over it. Already got proposals from Aston, and Mercedes. Well technically it's from one party, AMG. Plus Jaguar, which I had no previous relationship with. 

Had I asked, I could probably get McLaren on board too. 

Heck, I could have even do a Camaro, they are hosting their driving school at my track right now.

Are you sure Manny got his car directly from Porsche and not through a third party? Just saying.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

ha:

When I got delivery of my GT2 WP it came with the standard wheels, however, the Dubai dealer gave me an offer I couldn't refuse for the Mag wheels and I purchased them. Now with 2 sets of wheels I decided to experiment with the original ones. I was a bit hesitant as to which color should I paint them but they turned out quite nice. 

That looks perfect SmileySmileySmiley

ha:

Looks fabulous, I am in (I am guessing) a very small minority who doesn't like the Manthey WP mag wheels whose design has been around for a decade or more, I much prefer these standard ones they look very modern and sharp and really suit the car and in this colour they really pop Smiley

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

2018 McLaren 720S 

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN sold to a worthy enthusiast.

TB993tt:
    Looks fabulous, I am in (I am guessing) a very small minority who doesn't like the Manthey WP mag wheels whose design has been around for a decade or more, I much prefer these standard ones they look very modern and sharp and really suit the car and in this colour they really pop Smiley

I agree with you 100%. Although I bought the mag wheels later on, I always find myself choosing the GT3 style ones to put on the car.

I remember back in the days of the 996, Sportec released some pictures of their tuned 96 turbo. I was madly in love with that car, and these pictures of your 2RS come really really close to that clean menacing look of the Sportec back then. Absolutely love it ha!

Sportec-Porsche_996_Turbo_SP_mp213_pic_14000.jpg

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688180 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408550 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255478 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234694 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65331 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857448 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773135 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM