Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Is Ferrari making a mistake?

Wives... Smiley My wife loved the 991.2 GT3 test-drive yesterday, she wants to go for this car, depending on the offer the dealer makes (they are very keen to make a deal nowadays Smiley). I'm not so sure, the 992 GT3 is just around the corner and lease cost could be the same (my wife wants to lease the car for 18 months and then she decides if she wants to keep it or not).

My wife loves how the GT3 sounds and drives ("so quiet and comfortable..." Smiley) but I guess she compares it to my Huracan Performante ("I get sick in this car, noise is unbearable"). Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

Wives... Smiley My wife loved the 991.2 GT3 test-drive yesterday, she wants to go for this car, depending on the offer the dealer makes (they are very keen to make a deal nowadays Smiley). I'm not so sure, the 992 GT3 is just around the corner and lease cost could be the same (my wife wants to lease the car for 18 months and then she decides if she wants to keep it or not).

My wife loves how the GT3 sounds and drives ("so quiet and comfortable..." Smiley) but I guess she compares it to my Huracan Performante ("I get sick in this car, noise is unbearable"). Smiley

flaps are closed till 3,850 rpm.

above this, it is nothing related to quiet at all with 85+db in the cabin...

992 GT3 is at best in several months and this is not going to be cheaper than used car sitting at dealer. probably 50% extra on cost.

I only point we can agree is how uncomfortable the seats of the Lambo are...Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    RC:

992 GT3 is at best in several months and this is not going to be cheaper than used car sitting at dealer. probably 50% extra on cost.

I only point we can agree is how uncomfortable the seats of the Lambo are...Smiley

The sport shells, the Performante regular seats are actually OK (yes, my wife still can't sit in them for longer than one hour Smiley).

Compared to the Performante, the 991.2 GT3 is a vacuum cleaner, no doubt about it. We thought something is wrong with the exhaust Smiley and my wife was amazed how comfortable and quiet the car is compared to my Performante. Smiley Smiley 

The thing about the 992 GT3 is: My wife wants to lease the GT3 for 18 months and if she likes it, she wants to actually buy it. I guess I kind of woken up some sort of wing envy in her. Smiley She loves the wing... Smiley

The 992 GT3 lease offers will be probably better than the used car (GT3 factory car) lease offer. 

I agree however that a fully loaded 992 GT3 will be way more expensive and the 991.2 GT3 we drove was very well optioned. Also, a 992 GT3 certainly won't sound better, so... Smiley

Now we need to see what the dealer can do about the price. Smiley The car itself is amazing, everything new (brake discs, brake pads, tires (Cup 2), new liquids, lots of other parts renewed, it is really in a top condition and with a very low mileage, also 24 months Approved Warranty included).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Quote function not working for me. Anyway,  @RC the 991.2 looks better than the 992 if you ask me.

crayphile:

Quote function not working for me. Anyway,  @RC the 991.2 looks better than the 992 if you ask me.

What browser are you using? I like how the 991.2 looks but I could live with the 992 as well. Smiley

--

RC:
    the-missile:
    RC:

The sport shells, the Performante regular seats are actually OK (yes, my wife still can't sit in them for longer than one hour Smiley).

Compared to the Performante, the 991.2 GT3 is a vacuum cleaner, no doubt about it. We thought something is wrong with the exhaust Smiley and my wife was amazed how comfortable and quiet the car is compared to my Performante. Smiley Smiley 

The thing about the 992 GT3 is: My wife wants to lease the GT3 for 18 months and if she likes it, she wants to actually buy it. I guess I kind of woken up some sort of wing envy in her. Smiley She loves the wing... Smiley

The 992 GT3 lease offers will be probably better than the used car (GT3 factory car) lease offer. 

I agree however that a fully loaded 992 GT3 will be way more expensive and the 991.2 GT3 we drove was very well optioned. Also, a 992 GT3 certainly won't sound better, so... Smiley

Now we need to see what the dealer can do about the price. Smiley The car itself is amazing, everything new (brake discs, brake pads, tires (Cup 2), new liquids, lots of other parts renewed, it is really in a top condition and with a very low mileage, also 24 months Approved Warranty included).

--

Looks like it was a demo or press or track/experience car?

RC:

You should send her back for a second test drive and only do city driving, except for a long portion of highway cruising at 160 km/h  . If she passes that , then she should be fine .

The 992 will probably sound less good . Also she will have to wait a few month before getting it , maybe even more if the list is full for all first productions . 

But then, the 992 should also be even more '' confortable '' Smiley

Not a good idea to have the Cup2 for a daily driver . You should ask to have them changed for the 4S 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Neither demo or press car...I wouldn't want one. Smiley

--

Gnil:
    RC:

You should send her back for a second test drive and only do city driving, except for a long portion of highway cruising at 160 km/h  . If she passes that , then she should be fine .

The 992 will probably sound less good . Also she will have to wait a few month before getting it , maybe even more if the list is full for all first productions . 

She drove the car 50 km on the Autobahn and around 30 km on country roads, she really loved it. She got bored of the C63 and wants a fun car for the weekends (sounds familiar?). Smiley "You have only one life...", maybe she just got her midlife crisis, who knows. Smiley Smiley She was also impressed with the traction of the GT3, her C63 is really bad in that regard.

--

RC:
    Gnil:
    RC:

She drove the car 50 km on the Autobahn and around 30 km on country roads, she really loved it. She got bored of the C63 and wants a fun car for the weekends (sounds familiar?). Smiley "You have only one life...", maybe she just got her midlife crisis, who knows. Smiley Smiley She was also impressed with the traction of the GT3, her C63 is really bad in that regard.

better for her with 4S tire ...

--

Surprisingly, the Cup 2 tires were amazing. Smiley It was warm yesterday (around 21°C), so maybe this is the reason but the car had zero traction issues and I drove it quite hard at some point. Of course no track. She will drive the car only when it is nice weather, she is aware of the rain risks (you should see the C63 in rain Smiley).

My wife is not a sporty driver, so no worries here. I am more worried about damaged rims and the front spoiler lip (thank god the car has that excellent lift). Smiley

--

RC:
    crayphile:

What browser are you using? I like how the 991.2 looks but I could live with the 992 as well. Smiley

Working now Smiley

the 160km/h highway must be painful for a talk smiley

the street driving with pdk in normal mode is supposed to be flawless as you will be on 7th gear at 50km/h and you will never have the chance to hear that revving monster as the shift goes up at 2,000rpm

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

What is the colour of the GT3?

I am assuming the car has normal seats, at least for daily driving they make sense.

The 992 GT3 will probably not arrive before mid 2021 (on the street)

RC:

Surprisingly, the Cup 2 tires were amazing. Smiley It was warm yesterday (around 21°C), so maybe this is the reason but the car had zero traction issues and I drove it quite hard at some point. Of course no track. She will drive the car only when it is nice weather, she is aware of the rain risks (you should see the C63 in rain Smiley).

My wife is not a sporty driver, so no worries here. I am more worried about damaged rims and the front spoiler lip (thank god the car has that excellent lift). Smiley

--

That's why I would opt for the 4S . They are excellent tire for daily driving , way enough traction with them , and when colder roads , or damp , or rainy , you will have no issue . Safety all the time . With the cups, yes, with weather like these days, no problem, but wait until one day she is stuck in rain on the highway . She will get a fright .  Also the 4S will probably add a bit of noise confort ( just speculation from me )  

A no brainer to me , when the car is not used on a track . A bit like turning off PSM or not . Why do it when you get safety and as much out of the car with the switch on . 

--

RC:

I would agree with you Christian. The GT3 is an amazing car, and I couldn't ask for a better DD, but it really needs a louder and more aggressive exhaust. I'm still debating Dundon street headers or JCR silenced pipe. Both are amazing and different. The great thing about it that you can keep it forever and modify it bit by bit and it's not that expensive to maintain. 

xpto:

I am assuming the car has normal seats, at least for daily driving they make sense.

Car has the Clubsport package and is basically fully loaded (with few exceptions, no PCCB either).

IMG_4660.jpg
    IMG_4655.jpg

--

In black the wing is not that aggressive. I like the looks. kiss

(of the car I mean indecision)

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

RC:
    xpto:

Car has the Clubsport package and is basically fully loaded (with few exceptions, no PCCB either).

IMG_4660.jpg

@RC: At least, the car would somehow match your OUT OF DATE avatar ... Smiley

Smiley Believe it or not but I cannot change my Avatar for whatever reason... Smiley  Seems to be a bug and the programmer has no time to fix it. Smiley

Lease calculation is in...ouch. 36 months lease is OK (no bargain though) but 18 months lease is... Smiley Smiley

My wife already said no because she thinks it is too much for a fun car but we'll see...

--

It is a EUR 160k car. What did she expect? EUR 300 per month? indecision

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

Black is not a good color for the GT3. The car lacks road presence which isn’t what she wants. It’s stealth. She should pass on it. 

Btw, does the quote function depend on what browser your using? Carlos gave me in instructions but I can’t get it to work.yes I use Safari.

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

nberry:

Btw, does the quote function depend on what browser your using? Carlos gave me in instructions but I can’t get it to work.yes I use Safari.

It is user based. We switched it off for you Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

bluelines:

Smiley Certainly not but I can get a brand-new 992 Carrera S, same price, ordered to specs, for 600 less a month.Smiley

This is supposed to be a "fun" car, not a money killer. Smiley We'll see...

--

bluelines:

what' s that '' GT4 wannabe '' avatar you have now ? Smiley

--

Gnil:
    bluelines:

what' s that '' GT4 wannabe '' avatar you have now ? Smiley

Oh I thought it was some kind of bumblebee..... Smiley

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

bluelines:
    nberry:

Smiley. You’re on a roll today. 

bluelines:
    nberry:

SmileySmileySmiley

--

When you're going through hell.....keep going.

RC:
    bluelines:

Smiley Certainly not but I can get a brand-new 992 Carrera S, same price, ordered to specs, for 600 less a month.Smiley

This is supposed to be a "fun" car, not a money killer. Smiley We'll see...

--

McLaren offered a slightly used (very low mileage) 570S with a 0.75 lease factor (36 months, 10k km).

Porsche offered a 1.25 lease factor (36 months, 10k km).

Now my wife is seriously looking at a McLaren but I doubt she is going to like it (traction). We'll see...her heart is still at that GT3.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764159 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436410 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260989 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257921 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82617 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5328 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876764 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808808 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM