Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari Roma

Gnil:
    CGX car nut:
      Porsche, several years ago, released carefully crafted statements that the footprint of its cars needed to increase to move up into more lenient CO2 emission bands.  Furthermore, Porsche, for example in the December 2019 of Car Magazine, states that it would have designed the 992 differently if it knew what it knows today.  

So why can other manufacturer still make small sports cars ? ( Alpine for example ) I think it is only a marketing decision . They decided that the 911 must suit better the general public . 

What would of been different if they designed the 992 today ?

The Alpine isn’t a global product with homologation under various regulations.   The footprint issue is more focused on the critical U.S. and China markets.   

The statement was left to hang in the article unanswered.

CGX car nut:

The Alpine isn’t a global product with homologation under various regulations.   The footprint issue is more focused on the critical U.S. and China markets.   

The statement was left to hang in the article unanswered.

Thanks for the precisions 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

BiTurbo:

I find this new Ferrari key (which was introduced with the SF90 Stradale) a bit excessive. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

What I find so strange about it is that companies can put the processing power to run complex systems inside phones no more than 9mm thick and a key to lock and unlock a car has to be this bulky. Excessive or not I might actually like it if it were slender. 

Enmanuel:

What I find so strange about it is that companies can put the processing power to run complex systems inside phones no more than 9mm thick and a key to lock and unlock a car has to be this bulky. Excessive or not I might actually like it if it were slender. 

It is that bulky, because Ferrari wanted it to that buulky. Smiley

I think I would have liked it, if it had the same size as the identical looking badge from the front lid. But with these monstrous dimensions? No thanks. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Enmanuel:

It is that bulky, because Ferrari wanted it to that buulky. Smiley

I think I would have liked it, if it had the same size as the identical looking badge from the front lid. But with these monstrous dimensions? No thanks. Smiley

I initially thought someone documented Ferrari´s build quality as the sign on the bonnet fell off. Considering that that is the key... 

Smiley

Enmanuel:

FC289829-859D-41FA-8F65-7B309CBFEE93.jpeg

Is the Alpine actually available in the US? Smiley I'd be surprised.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

Is the Alpine actually available in the US? Smiley I'd be surprised.

No, it is not available.  There are no French cars available in the U.S. market.  

Enmanuel:

I hate bulky keys. I really and deeply hate and despise them. Smiley

The reason is simple: They fill my front pocket and it looks like crap. Also, many of these keys "interact" with the other stuff like other keys or whatever in the pocket, so a button is often pressed accidentally. Happens to me almost on a daily basis, one reason why I always put my car keys on the office desk, so I don't find my car's trunk open after a couple of hours. Last time we had torrential rain and I was lucky one of my customers spotted the open trunk and closed it for me. The rain had just started, so I was lucky. 

Crappy key design, especially on Mini but also AMG Mercedes. This is probably valid for (almost) all other manufacturers as well.

We live in the 21st century, is it really impossible to offer a credit card sized key or something like that?! Or maybe some sort of touch activated (push!) buttons, so the push buttons are accidentally activated. So many solutions to an easy to fix problem but many car manufacturers are just to dumb to do it. Smiley

I guess that Ferrari key is for leaving it on the counter of a bar or on a table in a restaurant or cafe, so everyone can see it? Or maybe this key should come with some sort of small podium, so you can put that small podium on the table and the key on it, so everyone can see it clearly. Smiley

I get it, design and tradition and all but sometimes even people who love tradition and design enjoy a practical tool, like for example a usable car key. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

...do away with the key and have a secure app on your phone

RC:

I guess that Ferrari key is for leaving it on the counter of a bar or on a table in a restaurant or cafe, so everyone can see it? Or maybe this key should come with some sort of small podium, so you can put that small podium on the table and the key on it, so everyone can see it clearly. Smiley

Despite my desire for financial success, I think I can safely say I’ve never had the need to be that flashy. I want to be able to afford these things but mostly for my own enjoyment and sense of accomplishment. Not for others. 

964C2:

I have a car that does just that. Three guesses. 

In the Ferrari board...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Leawood911:
    964C2:

Three guess:

1) Buick;

2) Ford; and 

3) Hyundai as the above have smartphone apps that lock and unlock one's vehicles from a secure app.  

CGX car nut:
    Leawood911:
    964C2:

Three guess:

1) Buick;

2) Ford; and 

3) Hyundai as the above have smartphone apps that lock and unlock one's vehicles from a secure app.  

Good thing non of those are electric.  Close call. 

Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:
    Leawood911:
    964C2:

Three guess:

1) Buick;

2) Ford; and 

The three automakers offer electric vehicles.  

CGX car nut:
    Leawood911:
    CGX car nut:
    Leawood911:
    964C2:

Three guess:

1) Buick;

2) Ford; and 

The three automakers offer electric vehicles.  

I know I just had to make you tell me. Lol. 

Enmanuel:
    RC:

Despite my desire for financial success, I think I can safely say I’ve never had the need to be that flashy. I want to be able to afford these things but mostly for my own enjoyment and sense of accomplishment. Not for others. 

Smiley I often actually feel embarrassed when people stare at my car and/or when they ask "how much does it cost?", my most "beloved" question of all. Smiley Second "beloved" question: "How much fuel does it consume?". Smiley  As if this matters with a Lambo. Smiley

--

hahaha..here in Italy at least the kids asks if you are faster than Ferrari on the autostrada....

--

993 c2

RC:
    Enmanuel:

I hate bulky keys. I really and deeply hate and despise them. Smiley

The reason is simple: They fill my front pocket and it looks like crap. Also, many of these keys "interact" with the other stuff like other keys or whatever in the pocket, so a button is often pressed accidentally. Happens to me almost on a daily basis, one reason why I always put my car keys on the office desk, so I don't find my car's trunk open after a couple of hours. Last time we had torrential rain and I was lucky one of my customers spotted the open trunk and closed it for me. The rain had just started, so I was lucky. 

Crappy key design, especially on Mini but also AMG Mercedes. This is probably valid for (almost) all other manufacturers as well.

We live in the 21st century, is it really impossible to offer a credit card sized key or something like that?! Or maybe some sort of touch activated (push!) buttons, so the push buttons aren't accidentally activated. So many solutions to an easy to fix problem but many car manufacturers are just to dumb to do it. Smiley

I get it, design and tradition and all but sometimes even people who love tradition and design enjoy a practical tool, like for example a usable car key. Smiley

Excellent post.Smiley

Exactly my thoughts. I never attach anything to my keys. Too bulky. 

I might add I don't carry a wallet. 

--

Having everything is nice, but it's even nicer to make sure everything you've got is actually worth having.

Leawood911:
    964C2:

My 918 can do that for 5 years now. For that matters any Porsche from the last 5 years with the Porsche Car Connect app. It’s not even news worthy. 
    worse part of integrating the ‘key’ onto the phone is that if the phone ran out of battery you are out of luck. 

--

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    964C2:

My 918 can do that for 5 years now. For that matters any Porsche from the last 5 years with the Porsche Car Connect app. It’s not even news worthy. 
    worse part of integrating the ‘key’ onto the phone is that if the phone ran out of battery you are out of luck. 

Or simply the app's servers break down and the app wont work and you can't get into your car, happened to Tesla  just two months ago Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    964C2:

Or simply the app's servers break down and the app wont work and you can't get into your car, happened to Tesla  just two months ago Smiley

The Porsche one isn't that much better reliability. And my Audi one stopped working like 3 weeks ago and they haven't fix it yet.

--

Is Cayman to Boxster as Roma is to Portofino or is it actually a wholly new car?

The front in particular looks like an Italian interpretation of a 70s Corvette.

normally every ferrari gives thrills to everybody here in Italy....but this was not considered that much anywhere.....why???

--

993 c2

I don't agree with Chris Harris re the glass house (side view.) The main similarity between the Roma and the AM is how the rear glass panel is pinched to a point towards the rear. Well, that design feature comes straight from the Italia.  

So should Ferrari be suing AM?

Image result for ferrari italia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfF5p1iNi2E

--------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afpftzBGL8Y

---------------------------------

EVO review: link

+ Fast, comfortable, dynamic and good looking

- Needs to be on the right tyres, HMI takes some learning

4.5 stars

------------------------------------

Autocar review

Gorgeous coupé looks to be a proper grand tourer with a front-mounted V8 and an obvious focus on usability

It would certainly be a mistake to dismiss the Roma on the basis that it's just a Portofino with a fixed roof or the latest version of 'that Ferrari that was supposed to be a Maserati'. Believe me, this car is a great deal more significant than that.

There's a clear sense of the modern entry-level V8 Ferrari finally hitting its potential with the Roma, both aesthetically and dynamically, and of reaching down into high-end Porsche 911, Audi, Aston Martin and Mercedes-AMG sports car territory with genuine purpose and threat for the first time.

Usable and rounded enough to enjoy on any day of the year, and on all sorts of trips and occasions, this is a proper Ferrari GT of a likably simple kind, the likes of which we haven’t seen in a long time. Here’s hoping that it proves that the people who count still know a really good Ferrari road car when they see one.

Looks like a bastard from a Vantage and a AMG GT AND taking the worse attributes of both cars.

The front looks incredibly ugly, cannot imagine a more ugly front end. The rear also looks very bad, like an eye sore.

3/4 view is atrocious, side view is meh.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755115 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431519 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258862 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255872 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79870 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5263 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868896 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802898 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM