Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Welcome to the new Taycan Forum!

JR-550:

So got finally the build slot. My Taycan will be produced in December delivery end of January. Can’t wait!!

So which one? Turbo? Congrats. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Yes a Turbo, is fast engough. Vulcano grey, black leather sport seats!

JR-550:

Yep, Turbo should be fast enough, I actually think that even the 4S could be enough for most driving.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    JR-550:

Yep, Turbo should be fast enough, I actually think that even the 4S could be enough for most driving.

Can confirm .... last weekend I co-drove a 4S ... really really fast ... on full throttle same feeling as a 991 Turbo (acceleration-wise) .... way way faster than my i8 ... but ordered a Turbo (black/black/black) a few days before ... maybe better for my driver licence only to go with active Innodrive system Smiley

By the way: This car is pure future ... I guess anytime soon all sport exhausts will feel plebby for most of us

--

-----------------------------------

Sidney:
    RC:
    JR-550:

Can confirm .... last weekend I co-drove a 4S ... really really fast ... on full throttle same feeling as a 991 Turbo (acceleration-wise) .... way way faster than my i8 ... but ordered a Turbo (black/black/black) a few days before ... maybe better for my driver licence only to go with active Innodrive system Smiley

By the way: This car is pure future ... I guess anytime soon all sport exhausts will feel plebby for most of us

--

I drove a Tesla S for a day...trust me, the gadget puppy love feeling will fade fast... It is the future, if you like a Mercedes S class or similar. Smiley Even my E63 S is too comfortable for me as a daily driver, not sure what I can do about it. Smiley Was thinking of getting an AMG GT S instead but the car is too flashy as a daily car.

--

RC:
    ... trust me, the gadget puppy love feeling will fade fast... 

Drive i8 for nearly 3 years now ... and i3s for nearly 1 year ... same feeling as on day 1 Smiley

.. and only because of Porsche doesn't sell a 960 it is pitty that you don't want to be part of the future Smiley

p.s.: ... at least as a co-driver there was no feeling that car is too heavy .. sliding in corners is pretty easy ... and all tests so far confirm that car feels not heavier than a 992 .... thanks to low center of gravity .. Taycan is miles away from Mercedes S class .... but of course no Caterham
    --

Sidney:
    RC:
    ... trust me, the gadget puppy love feeling will fade fast... 

Drive i8 for nearly 3 years now ... and i3s for nearly 1 year ... same feeling as on day 1 Smiley

Same bad feeling? Smiley Drove the i8 for a couple of hours, was worse than Tesla S P100D. Smiley

Drove the i3 for three days (BMW promo), hated it so badly that I refused to drive it anymore (my wife tried it as well and came back pretty disappointed, so the car basically spent two days in our garage instead of being driven). 

No offense but these are exactly the cars I would never ever buy or even drive. Smiley

.. and only because of Porsche doesn't sell a 960 it is pitty that you don't want to be part of the future Smiley

Oh well, I never wanted to be part of anything, I am my own part of...me. Smiley Smiley Also, took care of my 960 issue, got myself a Huracan Performante, one (in my opinion) of the most underrated sports cars on this planet (together with it's standard Huracan brother R8, which is a total bargain in Germany).

Part of the future? I was always ahead of most people I know when it came to technology. I always bought and got myself the latest stuff, no matter how useless it was. Smiley EVs don't excite me at all, can't help it. I have the latest in computer/smartphone/etc. tech (iPhone 11 Pro Max, Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G, Asus Mothership laptop, Sony A7RIV camera, iPad 11 Pro 1TB, etc.) but when it comes to cars, I prefer modern cars combined with old school engines. 

EVs may be the future but so was Aldi, H&M and smoking pot. I don't buy at Aldi, I do not wear H&M clothes and I do not smoke pot. Smiley Kidding aside, I will eventually get an EV for my business at some point, to commute from A to B and to save money. I am pretty sure I will hate it as much as I hated that Smart I got (biggest car mistake in my life) for my business but I want to save some money because at some point, I am going to retire and the Lambo won't be cheap to maintain. Smiley Smiley

p.s.: ... at least as a co-driver there was no feeling that car is too heavy .. sliding in corners is pretty easy ... and all tests so far confirm that car feels not heavier than a 992 .... thanks to low center of gravity .. Taycan is miles away from Mercedes S class .... but of course no Caterham

Everything in the Taycan is artificial, including chassis, steering and drive feel. I remember how much I loved the first Panamera Turbo I test-drove, I loved it so much that I ordered one. To my regret, that fun faded fast as well because I realized after a couple of weeks how artificial the whole car was, it was like driving a computer. Smiley The car reacted spontaneously and very sporty but it felt like driving by wire, it is difficult to explain. Porsche improved this a lot with the current Panamera generation but you can still feel the weight if you ignore the synthetic drive feel (which isn't actually as bad as it sounds).

The Taycan may be the sportiest EV of all but it is still an EV. No sound, no emotions. If I want to drive a computer, I enjoy my driving games very much. Smiley Smiley

--

RC, the Taycan is the ultimate car for you who only drive fast in a straight line smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:

RC, the Taycan is the ultimate car for you who only drive fast in a straight line smiley

Smiley and car is fitted with night vision camera so superman power even at night Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    bluelines:

Smiley and car is fitted with night vision camera so superman power even at night Smiley

I (still) see very well at night...superman power doesn't fade. Smiley 

--

How about a Porsche Taycan Targa...

9CE8F8E2-A6FC-4464-94D3-0F39C02E9A35.jpeg

Smiley

...or a Porsche Taycan GT...

2FFD6D04-99E1-42A1-AAE0-7608D873D500.jpeg

Smiley

Taycan targa looks good kiss

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S;  2019 Speedster (incoming)

Finally took delivery of my Taycan Turbo S today, decided to take some pictures (click for larger version)... must say I'm quite impressed with the car!

(Would be fun if there are people who don't notice it... smiley)

20191031221041.jpg
    20191031221025.jpg
    20191031221033.jpg
    20191031221009.jpg
    20191031221016.jpg
    20191031220952.jpg
    20191031221001.jpg

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

I didn’t know the cars were being produced and delivered this quickly. If so, this is a wonderful combination!

Joost, what impresses me the most is how on a wet and slushy road, the Taycan stays pristine and clean.  Almost like some kind of magic...smiley (And the custom license plates are a classy touch too).
    --

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

Congrats Joost. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

BTW, does the Taycan have a break in procedure?

@Wonderbar & ha; sorry guys, I pulled your leg a little. The car was added to the Playstation game Gran Turismo Sport yesterday. The game has a mode where you can place the car in an environment and configure car speed, headlights, spoiler setting, etc. together with camera settings such as aperture, iso, panning speed, vignetting, etc. Every now and then, I enjoy using this mode to create as realistic/beautiful pictures as possible, and I figured the Taycan would be a nice subject, since there aren't that many "beauty" shots of it out there.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

indecision kiss

Joost:

@Wonderbar & ha; sorry guys, I pulled your leg a little. The car was added to the Playstation game Gran Turismo Sport yesterday. The game has a mode where you can place the car in an environment and configure car speed, headlights, spoiler setting, etc. together with camera settings such as aperture, iso, panning speed, vignetting, etc. Every now and then, I enjoy using this mode to create as realistic/beautiful pictures as possible, and I figured the Taycan would be a nice subject, since there aren't that many "beauty" shots of it out there.

Smiley Console graphics is sooooooooooooooo good now.

--

Porsche should licence the Gran Turismo turismo rendering software of the Taycan for the Porsche online configurator indecision

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Dealer introduction in Barcelona big number of cars. If the all charge them at the same time the light go out in Barcelona (hahaha)

157270306027009b272eb-2c6a-439b-b861-69c599696340.jpeg
    15727030602619afaa582-2f63-4b2c-b641-d9cf93d618b3.jpeg

They just came from being all October in Mallorca too for dealer presentation.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Whoopsy:
    Joost:

Smiley Console graphics is sooooooooooooooo good now.

This is the only reason I play GTA V from time to time, the level of graphics details is amazing. My serious gaming started with a C64 and I still remember the inferior graphics of that machine. Even the Amiga 500 graphics look ridiculous compared to the current consoles and I really thought that the Amiga 500 was a breakthrough in gaming graphics. 

My son still plays Gran Turismo Sport from time to time but he is very angry at the developers because they ruined the game and there are no really interesting cars. They recently added the Aventador SV but it is basically the regular Aventador with a design overhaul, they didn't change driving dynamics or performance. Also, GTS doesn't offer the adjustments and tuning possibilities it's predecessor offered, so my son always gets bored fast.

--

“We are changing our business model from a traditional automobile manufacturer to a modern, highly innovative mobility provider.”  Porsche CEO Oliver Blume.

Pretty interesting I think, comments?

Wonderbar:

“We are changing our business model from a traditional automobile manufacturer to a modern, highly innovative mobility provider.”  Porsche CEO Oliver Blume.

Well, partly no auto CEO now wants to be seen as just a traditional automobile manufacturer. Hence the mumbo jumbo about mobility, innovative, etc. Surprised he didn't say "connected" based on how much pressure we faced to sign up to Porsche Connect services.  

But perhaps this statement is also related to the well known reduction in auto interest by the younger generations, at least as traditional purchase or leases.  It could open up a variety of different options eg. car sharing. 

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

Wonderbar:

I think any car manufacturer who wants to survive the next decades need to adapt to the current wind of change, if they like it or not. This could be over soon once there are more pressing issues (wars, terror attacks, economic crisis, whatever) but if the next couple of years stay somewhat peaceful and steady and people have the time (and passion) to care about the environment, the electro mobility "revolution" will happen...sooner or later. I do not see the industry choosing hydrogen propulsion (which I would find far more interesting) over EVs, especially after Volkswagen AG invested and will invest billions over the next years. 

I still think EVs are a mistake right now but I am very curious to see how they are going to solve the issues with charging stations and power availability. The infrastructure is and is going to be a huge pain in the ass for EV owners but hey, maybe miracles do happen... Smiley

--

Hydrogen or gas fuel cells is an alternative to pure electricity supply and the car will still be an EV...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

Hydrogen or gas fuel cells is an alternative to pure electricity supply and the car will still be an EV...

I understand the concept but VW is trying to push for EVs without hydrogen and/or gas fuel cells and I doubt that more than one concept will make it. I'd even say that Tesla already created some sort of standard, which VW will take over and improve (they already did with the 800V chargers). I do not see where systems like the one BMW is trying for years now will find its market niche.

At some point, there could be a change of mind, especially since charging stations will be limited in capacity and fast charging electricity tech won't be available everywhere for various reasons but overall, I think the decision has been made.

--

Germany and some car makers are investing heavily in Hydrogen, especially for use in commercial vehicles like trucks. Biggest problem (as far as I know) is efficiency, which very low compared to batteries and diesel. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690266 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409599 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255908 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235141 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65626 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858309 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774535 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM